Miami Vice: kino?

This is the most kino Holla Forums show to ever exist, and it defined an entire generation of people, art and music. Please try proving me wrong. Is there any other tv show that can compare to it?

Also, the evil Burnett arc was the best arc the entire show ever had, but they spoiled it when it could have been much longer.

It really didn't, it just documented it
The rest i agree but i think other shows might have similar shock waves in the media, Twilight Zone is the eternally mentioned example but it still holds true along with "Alfred Hitchcock presents" and Seinfeld, with Cheers as a prototype for its sitcom antics

Movie is kino. Show is too hokey.

Those are some pretty damn good examples, I will have to admit, my good sir. I also liked Laverne and Shirley and the Dukes of Hazzard, I think maybe they could be just as kino.

I have only pity for your tasteless palette, sir, for you cannot discern the plastic replica from the golden original.

Made by the same director with a higher budget and better actors on a better format. Most underrated action movie in the last 30 years.

I personally believe the original had better acting, script, art and music throughout all, but the movie was something of a callback or an honoring to its grandfather to me, and as such I won't spit on it. I don't know, regardless of my rose-tinted glasses, I feel like there was more heart-to-heart and laughs, too, in a single episode of the show than the movie than just pure, unadultered action, but maybe I'm nitpicking any of my favorite episodes that all span out so many hundreds of hours of time to a small, 2 hour movie.

Miami Vice did kind of define it. After the success of the show, you started seeing a lot of that "Miami nightclub scene" stuff in fashion and locales. Miami started to really become a party city after all the exposure.

There hasn't been a tv-show in a long time that have reached the heights some of the episodes had, like "Out where the buses don't run". The finale in vid-related, it hasn't been topped.

Michael Mann hasn't made a good movie since the 90's.

Pure Ki No

Sure faggit.

Nice movie fool

it was not 90s Mann quality but still better compare to other shit flicks in this genre
also prefer Cruise all day every day than watching Jason Statham Vin Diesel Liam Neeson Matt Damon flicks

Tom Cruise was great, the movie was shit.

I'm curious to know what movies you faggots think are good when the late work of a master like Mann doesn't cut it.

I was going to make a thread yesterday but decided against it.
It's pretty good though. Slow paced in the context of today's serials, so probably not for everyone, and you could never have a show like this today; shows like House of Cards are paced slow, but Miami Vice seems to move with a storybook-like pace which gives away its age, but again, refreshing.
I know the cliches were probably a bit grating as time went by, but it's fresh now in today's climate. I'm enjoying it.
They're planning to remake it (again), I hear. I know it'll be terrible.

Makes me pause.

they have cant name shit or if they do will be john wick or robotransformato

prepare your anus for the new Crockett and Tubbs

The original Taking of Pelham 123 is waay better than anything Mann has ever done besides Miami Vice, Manhunter and that cigarette-movie.

need to make an amnesty trump that does the opposite.

I love your post.