Writing an imageboard/textboard page

First of all, I can program but never did any web developing.
I am trying to set up a small site with functions like a forum or a textboard. Images dont have to be in it.
Has to be without registration. Security is not an issue as it will be used by a small number of people I can trust.

What would the easiest way to implement user generated "threads" (optional) and text (obligatory) be?

Sorry for having no clue at all

Attached: postingonline.png (1212x314, 23.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/create.php
tokio.rs/
github.com/tokio-rs/tokio/tree/master/examples
github.com/rust-lang/rust-www
github.com/rust-lang/crates.io
github.com/rust-lang/book
github.com/rust-lang-nursery/mdBook
github.com/rust-lang/rust-playpen
github.com/rust-lang/cargo/tree/master/src/doc
github.com/rust-lang-nursery/mdBook/blob/master/src/renderer/html_handlebars/hbs_renderer.rs
users.rust-lang.org/t/slow-compile-times/14056
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/48257
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/47803
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/47628
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/47267
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/46897
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/46449
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43787
testdrive-archive.azurewebsites.net/performance/mazesolver/default.html
citizencodeofconduct.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)#Projects_using_Rust
blog.burntsushi.net/ripgrep/
secure.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.variable.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get out.
Get lost.

8ch.net/create.php

I know I can create something like that here.
But I want to learn something new and in this case Id have an actual goal while learning something if I made the things by myself as much as possible.

You'll want to use a server-side framework like node.js or django. Just look up a simple chat client in one of those to get an idea of how web requests work.

Write it in Rust using tokio.
Look at the website here: tokio.rs/
Look at some example here: github.com/tokio-rs/tokio/tree/master/examples
Also think about incorporating a blockchain somehow. Shit will be cash.

Attached: steve klabnik.jpg (1400x933, 384.3K)

looks really interesting, I didnt know that one.

Looking at these atm and it remembers me of my tries at network games.

ignore this faggot

well he is being a faggot what with the rust/blockchain memes but tokio isn't a bad choice tbqh

ignore this anti Rust shill

shit thread, shit answers tbqh

Not goint to try anything blockchainy but tokio really doesnt seem too bad at first glance.

if you get sucked into the rust poz your going to end up regretting it. if you just want an image board just use one that already exists. 8ch is open source.

-You can do it in C with a template library for performance.
-You can do it in python/django if you want to get into that whole ecosystem, but performance will suffer
-PHP is higher performance but the code isn't going to be useful outside of the website.
-Rust on the other hand is a meme language that exists for no other reason than mozilla trying to push their poz where it doesn't belong.

nice try anti Rust shill

kill yourself rustkike

the anti Rust shill cries out in pain as he strikes you

reminder the rust website doesn't even use rust
github.com/rust-lang/rust-www
it use's jekyll which is written in ruby

rust-lang.org is just a static site. why should they use Rust?
crates.io is written in Rust. github.com/rust-lang/crates.io
dumb anti Rust shill

if it's a static site why should they use a site generator written in ruby instead of rust?
stupid rust kike.

because they have better things to do than writing a static site generator in Rust. what would the benefits of a rust rewrite be over the ruby version???
also why did you ignore that crates.io is written in Rust?
learn to argument retarded anti Rust shill

wrong

that's a good question, one anyone should ask themselves before ever considering rust.
why are you trying to change the point? the rust flagship site is written in ruby.

wrong

memory safety, thread safety
it's a fucking blog, m8
nice damage control btw, anti Rust shill

forgot to sage fuggggg :DDDDDD

look here: github.com/rust-lang/book
written in Rust: github.com/rust-lang-nursery/mdBook
kill yourself, anti Rust shill

Attached: toad.gif (320x240, 701.93K)

also written in Rust: github.com/rust-lang/rust-playpen
single braincell anti Rust shill

fucking anti Rust shills
also kill yourself OP. your thread sucks
go back to /g/

that doesn't stop the 3 mozilla paid kike's the claim everything should be rewritten in rust, except their homepage site generator i guess, that has to be somewhat reliable.

proof?
look here: github.com/rust-lang/cargo/tree/master/src/doc
the documentation is also generated by Rust code
it's time to stop, anto Rust shill

ok anti Rust shill

good job, anti Rust shill

reminder the rust compiler was written in ocaml which was written in C.

great argument, anti Rust shill
reminder the rust compiler was rewritten in Rust

great argument rust kike
reminder if they loose the rust compiler they're going to have to rewrite it in C again.

spelling in C is less relevant because the vast majority of the code text isn't for the bloated standard library or the disgusting language itself.

LOL

github.com/rust-lang-nursery/mdBook/blob/master/src/renderer/html_handlebars/hbs_renderer.rs
let mut data = serde_json::Map::new(); data.insert("language".to_owned(), json!("en")); data.insert("book_title".to_owned(), json!(config.book.title.clone().unwrap_or_default())); data.insert("description".to_owned(), json!(config.book.description.clone().unwrap_or_default())); data.insert("favicon".to_owned(), json!("favicon.png")); if let Some(ref livereload) = html_config.livereload_url { data.insert("livereload".to_owned(), json!(livereload));}
what a beautiful language this is

can't you anti Rust shills come up with some new shit? this meme is at least a year old now.

explain how Rust is bloated
ebin

explain how it's not bloated when your compiler is 1000% slower compiling rust code than the equivalent C code with gcc
users.rust-lang.org/t/slow-compile-times/14056

???

github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/48257
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/47803
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/47628
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/47267
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/46897
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/46449
github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43787
(36 others not shown)

wow who would have thought that incremental compilation adds a little overhead to a clean compile in favor of massive speedups for non-clean compiles?
also most of these issues use the nightly compiler.

testdrive-archive.azurewebsites.net/performance/mazesolver/default.html

Attached: performance.png (2038x810, 204.6K)

Attached: a245a32ca0d86580cb5842bf716b10ed3211d5cb9ddf2e31e517d0e5b5617635.png (670x650, 323.04K)

firefox quantum v60.0b5: 19s
microsoft edge: 32s

EBIN!

I have a ~8,000 line Rust project that, on my little laptop, takes about a minute to compile on 1.22.1, and 3-4 minutes to compile on nightly. Incremental compilation may take that down 10% or so.If I compile a C project of similar functionality and ~14,000 lines of code, it compiles in 6 seconds. And, most significantly, if I just touch a single file and recompile the project, it compiles in less than half a second....Which C compiler are you using?...That was with gcc. I actually just tried with clang, and it’s about twice as fast at 3 seconds.

firefox quantum v60.0b5: 19s
microsoft edge: 32s
google chrome v65.0.3325.181: 22s

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Just going off of heuristics, it seems that The Rust shill, Mr. No argument and the guy who shit up the Hawking thread are the same person. Interesting.

you lie

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

no. the benchmark is just shit.

you didn't mention botnet. 2/10

link to a single benchmark that shows pozjew is faster than chromium

why though? i'm a Rust shill. not a firefox shill.

>quantum is fast because of (((rust)))

citizencodeofconduct.org/

Forbidden hugs when ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)#Projects_using_Rust
blog.burntsushi.net/ripgrep/

anti Rust shill detected

literally just learn PHP. its a good skill to have (unfortunately)

secure.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.variable.php

a cool and useful feature for anyone who has ever grokked data-oriented programming

php has always seemed like a useless middleground, like perl or ruby. either do it in python or do it in C.

fucking LOL

the feature nears the idea of macros.

php is *the* web development language. yeah its horribly designed but there are some good things about it.

i know php is way faster than python but if you want to be lazy python has the massive standard library and even more massive selection of 3rd party libraries due to being used in everything. i guess you could always call something else from php. really don't like using django, it's a bloated mess.

Javascript fucked PHP's mother and then made PHP clean it's dick.

That's because PHP runs on your web server and puts all load onto it (apart from rendering the prepared page), while with Javascript you can offload all kinds of shit away from your server to the user's computer where the scripts run. That's indirecltly why web 1.0 era computers are too slow for today's JS-infested web.

Lol no it doesn't node.js does.

There is no way someone this dumb can survive long enough to learn how to use a computer. This has to be bait.

PHP isn't webscale. Node.js is. GTFO retarded refu/g/.
btw this thread is fucking autistic. Goob job pro/anti rust fags.

>>888095 >>888033
this better be bait

Attached: lq.jpg (200x200, 3.21K)