Holy shit

fuck all you /g/entoo niggers, i'm about to install this shit

Attached: ArchLabs_2018-03-24-09_1366x768.png (1366x768, 151.03K)

disgusting
enjoy your AIDS

God damn I sure do love shit posting on the internet

it's the same exact thing except for minor added packages in the archlabs repository

when did i say i distrohopped or say i didn't learn anything? i learned practically everything about how linux works inside of mint. and i didn't find archlabs through distrowatch, i had one of the arch devs suggest it to me in a discussion i was having with him

Well you aren't wrong.

let me guess, you use gentoo

What is a softirq and how does it relate to Linux. If you claim to know everything, you should know this.

Wasn't it introduced in 2.6 or something? I remember reading about it briefly but I forgot about it completely.

i don't want to spend 2 fucking days (4 with gentoo) setting up my system only to find that something doesn't work. the whole "ur too lazy XDDDD" argument is fucking retarded.

kys

Enjoy your broken trash, m8.

My OS runs on literal toasters and has been ported to every architecture under the fucking sun. It'll run on everything from ARM and AMD64/i386 to SPARC, VAX, MIPS, PowerPC, 68000, PA RISC, IA64, DEC Alpha, etc. Literally anything. With the exception of experimental hardware, mechanical computers, or stuff with firmware locks, I challenge you to find a single piece of hardware that NetBSD can't be ported to if it hasn't already.

Attached: netbsd-toaster.jpg (384x512, 24.08K)

Once upon a time, in a kingdom not far from here, a king summoned two of his advisors for a test. He showed them both a shiny metal box with two slots in the top, a control knob, and a lever. "What do you think this is?"

One advisor, an engineer, answered first. "It is a toaster," he said. The king asked, "How would you design an embedded computer for it?" The engineer replied, "Using a four-bit microcontroller, I would write a simple program that reads the darkness knob and quantizes its position to one of 16 shades of darkness, from snow white to coal black. The program would use that darkness level as the index to a 16-element table of initial timer values. Then it would turn on the heating elements and start the timer with the initial value selected from the table. At the end of the time delay, it would turn off the heat and pop up the toast. Come back next week, and I'll show you a working prototype."

The second advisor, a computer scientist, immediately recognized the danger of such short-sighted thinking. He said, "Toasters don't just turn bread into toast, they are also used to warm frozen waffles. What you see before you is really a breakfast food cooker. As the subjects of your kingdom become more sophisticated, they will demand more capabilities. They will need a breakfast food cooker that can also cook sausage, fry bacon, and make scrambled eggs. A toaster that only makes toast will soon be obsolete. If we don't look to the future, we will have to completely redesign the toaster in just a few years."

"With this in mind, we can formulate a more intelligent solution to the problem. First, create a class of breakfast foods. Specialize this class into subclasses: grains, pork, and poultry. The specialization process should be repeated with grains divided into toast, muffins, pancakes, and waffles; pork divided into sausage, links, and bacon; and poultry divided into scrambled eggs, hard- boiled eggs, poached eggs, fried eggs, and various omelet classes."

"The ham and cheese omelet class is worth special attention because it must inherit characteristics from the pork, dairy, and poultry classes. Thus, we see that the problem cannot be properly solved without multiple inheritance. At run time, the program must create the proper object and send a message to the object that says, 'Cook yourself.' The semantics of this message depend, of course, on the kind of object, so they have a different meaning to a piece of toast than to scrambled eggs."

"Reviewing the process so far, we see that the analysis phase has revealed that the primary requirement is to cook any kind of breakfast food. In the design phase, we have discovered some derived requirements. Specifically, we need an object-oriented language with multiple inheritance. Of course, users don't want the eggs to get cold while the bacon is frying, so concurrent processing is required, too."

"We must not forget the user interface. The lever that lowers the food lacks versatility, and the darkness knob is confusing. Users won't buy the product unless it has a user-friendly, graphical interface. When the breakfast cooker is plugged in, users should see a cowboy boot on the screen. Users click on it, and the message 'Booting UNIX v.8.3' appears on the screen. (UNIX 8.3 should be out by the time the product gets to the market.) Users can pull down a menu and click on the foods they want to cook."

"Having made the wise decision of specifying the software first in the design phase, all that remains is to pick an adequate hardware platform for the implementation phase. An Intel 80386 with 8MB of memory, a 30MB hard disk, and a VGA monitor should be sufficient. If you select a multitasking, object oriented language that supports multiple inheritance and has a built-in GUI, writing the program will be a snap. (Imagine the difficulty we would have had if we had foolishly allowed a hardware-first design strategy to lock us into a four-bit microcontroller!)."

The king wisely had the computer scientist beheaded, and they all lived happily ever after.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>>/cuckchan/

My Debian XFCE install uses 230 MB at boot and I have over 1400 packages installed and several services enabled on boot.
You're quite literally inconveniencing yourself just to show off your e-peen.

Attached: whatthefuck.jpg (711x669, 56.25K)

It's a highly customized version of Openbox with a panel. Regular Openbox would use half of 230. I also was using neofetch's counter as a recourse, free -m is much more accurate and it shows me only 187 in use.

Nigger you spend a whole afternoon installing arch, but it's a rolling release so you don't have to install it again until you change hardware. Never installed gentoo, but they do have binaries.

it's arch, it'll eventually break and you'll go back crying to ubuntu.

Htop screenshot. Now or your opinion will be discarded.

Wrong. openbox uses less than 20

Dude, my argument isn't that you're too lazy but too stupid. There's a difference. Maybe you're both, though...

gentoo with no UI uses over 20 lol

you have to take into consideration after the initial setup. You have to install things and get them to work

If you're not compiling your own kernel then you're not truly using linux

You must have a very high IQ to be able to install arch...

It is a very complicated task, its definitely isn't as easy as copying commands from the wiki or a yt vid.

Please excuse me, I have some chicken mcnuggers to attend to. This Szechuan sauce won't last forever.

Archlabs is very well-done, the integrated desktop and menus beat every DE I've ever used in aesthetic and accesibility terms and it's only slightly heavier than a minimal WM. If you work with media or anything else that doesn't have a purely keyboard workflow, this is the best option for sure.
And for those thinking it's a shortcut to Arch it isn't at all. I've installed Arch with standard installation a few times, and to get Archlabs you have to know the same stuff and understand the steps at the same level, else you'll do shit. The only difference is that they give you an option to click those same commands you'd have to paste from Arch wiki, and have a script at the end offering you some options for basic software.