Best programmer language for intermediate brainlet

Just set up gentoo on my thinkpad and holidays are coming up and I was thinking about finally diving into the programming meme. What is the best programming language out of

Attached: gondola3.jpg (200x200 3.82 KB, 4.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.freepascal.org/Generics
github.com/golang/go/commit/03c3bb5f843cbda7382b5618de82a74adb779393#diff-fb2ef479237c7a939531a404fd0e5cb7>
cockroachlabs.com/blog/rounding-implementations-in-go/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

programming* in subject, still getting used to new keyboard

c family really, 'cause unix is shit

Attached: 117.png (480x360, 219.23K)

What is better, c or c++ and is rust considered part of the c family? I know it's pretty heavily based off of c

Of those? C or Perl. But really, you should try to learn scripting at a high level first -- most people don't realize how useful sed/awk are.

If you aren't dumb, C, otherwise start with python.
I'm not into mathemtics or anything of that sort, maybe physics, started with C and had very hard time learning the language itself, not mentioning actual writing programs. But once you get into it, it's somewhat easy. Now I know Go, little bit of python and cpp. Time and dedication are essential if you are more human than machine.

Attached: 119.png (1080x1080, 587.75K)

C if you want to be programmer.
Python if you just want to create cool shit quickly.

Doesn't matter. You should be able to switch between those without issue.
And LISP is not a programming language, it's a family.

This

Thirded.

The only fun things about programming is making games. Learn Lua.

Attached: 79684547646485751.png (750x502, 538K)

lol

woah impressive

awk is a programming language.

this, python is great if you want to be lazy and don't give a fuck about performance, C for the opposite. anything inbetween these is a waste of time and not worth learning.

(Pajeet)
(Rajesh)
(Amir)
cjeets out in full force today

Ok mr. larper. Post an awk program you wrote.

Of those Lisp is without a doubt 'the best' and has the best literature surrounding it, but if your objective is to write useful little programmes to help your general computer use, Lisp is not the right choice. It's not really at home in the Unix world.

If you're interested in programming for its own sake, then by all means, learn Lisp. It's wonderful to use.

Downloads non-free binaries upon installing a compiler.
Ken Thompson says hello to all bioluminescent agents out there.
Just don't.
Not a programming language, it's a userscripting tool. Good substitute for bash.
Lear this, or better, start learning Go.
Not a programming language, it's a userscripting tool for jews.
Not a programming language, it's a userscripting tool for non-humans.

Attached: (You).jpg (526x473, 33.63K)

1. think about what you want to do.
2. decide on a project.
3. choose a fitting language for it.
4. if you don‘t know that language, learn it.

Stop learning languages for the sake of learning them.

Best for what, exactly? And what do you already know?

nice unfunny forced meme

Just whatever you feel comfortable with. Don't use a language just because you "should".

I'm programming my game in Pascal. Because all the others had flaws that bothered me.

Attached: raughs.jpeg (1024x548, 82.89K)

{"Hello World" println 0 ret} argv (ptr ptr char) argc (int) :main define.{{{{{i "{d}" println} {"Fizz" println} {i 3 mod 0 eq} ifelse} {"Buzz" println} {i 5 mod 0 eq} ifelse} {"FizzBuzz" println} {i 15 mod 0 eq} ifelse i ptr inc { nil ret } {i 100 eq} if } i (int) :fizzbuzz-inner define 0 fizzbuzz-inner} :fizzbuzz define.

Are you doing it on purpose?

Golang is superfaster you ching-chongs

Brainlet? Python
Otherwise learning C is never a bad idea.

Go is a fantastic language. Personally for me it's a pascal killer.

Why is everything backwards?

Postfix notation/RPN. Stack-based languages like Forth usually do that.

i have yet to see an argument against go, surely you have a valid reason to dislike it, right?, surely you aren't just another stupid larper, right?

wiki.freepascal.org/Generics
?????

no generics, no round fnction for floats, no abs/min.max functions for ints, import github

My knowledge of Go is very limited, but -
- Annoying arbitrary classical Unix-style limits, for example the idiomatic way of reading a line from the standard input silently fails if the line is too long
- Really weird other shortcomings, like how they didn't add monotonic time until Go 1.9 because apparently who even needs that right
- No generics
I also keep hearing things about how they, for example, claim their garbage collection is really great when it's just optimized for one particular use case and metric and doesn't outperform that of, say, the JVM in general.

It all feels very Unixy, and not in a good way. It feels Unixy in the way of programs that work 99% of the time but sometimes fail because the system designers knowingly didn't cover edge cases because it would take extra work.

How is Go better than Java/C#?
The only things Go has going for it are short GC pauses, goroutines, duck typing (which also has its downsides) and being a Google project.
Meanwhile Java has the JVM (which is actually pretty fucking fantastic), multiple GC algorithms tht you can tweak to your liking, Generics, Maven and mature libraries.
Go is absolutely useless because for every use case there exists a language that is better at it than Go.

Harmful bloat. I hope Rob Kike doesnt give in to the pressure.
Wrong. math.Round
Please stop. I cant handle this level of retardation.
func min(a, b int) int { if a < b { return a } return b}
It imports git repos, not GitHub specific.

Try again.

epic
github.com/golang/go/commit/03c3bb5f843cbda7382b5618de82a74adb779393#diff-fb2ef479237c7a939531a404fd0e5cb7>
This was added in v1.10 which was released on the 16th February this year.
I agree. Not having abs/min/max functions for integers in the standard library is really fucking retarded.
This is retarded. You know that, right?

Try again.

It doesnt silently fail. The method sets global variable in that package that you have to check for error (if it is important for your case). Go doesnt hold your hand you need to increase the buffer size. Method not returning error is done for performance reasons. There is a legit use case to have small fixed buffer and ignore if it is too big.
They do have it now. They were wrong and they added it. No what? What is the new up to date complain?
Harmful bloat. If Go adds 100% Java style generics I will quit using Go. I didnt sign up for this garbage.

You can tune garbage collector with 1 line of code. The current default is good for most situation.
Go is not he best language by far but all criticism is shallow, extreme nitpicks.

The opposite actually. You might realize this if you ever learn to program a more complex language than one for Gen-Z faggots.

And? How does impact you writing code now? What is your next complaint?
Stop programming.
I misspoke, it doesnt import git repos. The path is the code in the GOPATH, but the the directory structure is the same as URL. You are go get-ing the git repo into the correct directory structure. It is great way to avoid shitty package managers.
So much legit things to complain against Go, but you are uninformed retard. Literraly you can nitpick any programming language wih pointless shit. Go read a book kiddo. :^)

Says the smelly Pajeet. Ironic.

Thanks for conceding the argument. We learn now that not only do you misunderstand generics, you also do not understand irony. Consider repeating K-12.

I don't write Go. I also don't use anything written in Go. All I'm saying is that retarded Gophers had to write the round function themselves which they of course fucked up.
cockroachlabs.com/blog/rounding-implementations-in-go/
Maybe you should start programming first before you larp on Holla Forums?

Great argumentation. Nearly on the same level of retardation as the Klabnik poster.

Which is why the round function was added in. Same reason any programming language has that included. Too many retards.

You are too retarded to realize how retarded you are. Keep using Go. It is the perfect language for you.
Literally a language made for brainlets.

Butthurt sage. I love it. :^)