Kids get lost in the sewers

That's now how it happened though.

What are you saying, OP? Did King touch you? Did he write about the experience in his novel? Do you want to talk about it?

I already read the entire book.

Who the fuck calls Steven King "one of the greatest writers who ever lived"?
He's a shitty version of H.P. Lovecraft.
At least Lovecraft was a master at brevity, as far as I know he never wrote anything longer than 100 pages; all of King's books are painfully long, regularly stretching beyond 1,000 pages.

Why does king inspire so much butthurt here? He is just another hack who had a couple stories that hit the mainstream. It's some political shit isn't it?

lovecraft was a racist, dont you EVER mention him to me again kid

he said mean things about muh god emporor :(((

You answered your own question there

It is nigh impossible to keep the tension and the feeling of dread in longer stories.
M. R. James was of the opinion that the short story was the ideal format for horror stories: "Two ingredients most valuable in the concocting of a ghost story are, to me, the atmosphere and the nicely managed crescendo. … Let us, then, be introduced to the actors in a placid way; let us see them going about their ordinary business, undisturbed by forebodings, pleased with their surroundings; and into this calm environment let the ominous thing put out its head, unobtrusively at first, and then more insistently, until it holds the stage."
There is no need to drag out a story the way King does - it ruins the tension and takes away from the horror when you've got page after page after page of drivel that does nothing to build up for the final stab of horror. Sex is almost always out of place as well, except for in body horror.

Lots of hacks whose terrible stories are made into terrible films but only this hack gets constant threads for the years now. It's just confusing to me why this guy is beyond the pale.

Unlike most hacks, this guy is somewhat respected and got adaptation after adaption.

Already read it twice get on my level fagit

We should diversify our hack shitting portfolio. Hacks like Nicholas sparks and Cormac McCarthy get their terrible shit made into antikino constantly and should be shit on for the amusement of Holla Forums. King is a dead horse.

What is your name young Lady?

But how will he split the 300 page dark tower book into two parts and sell them both at full price and then have no problem releasing the final book in one 600 page piece?
Also, don't forget to buy a brand new book 4 and 5 inbetweener goy!

No, Lovecraft wrote two full-length novels. Besides, King's short stories are just as shit as hie long ones.

hehehehe kiddo are you tickling my dong? who would even compare Sparks to McCarthy? McCarthy is basically Pynchon compared to that idiot.

his old books and short stories are the only really good ones. he puts out great stuff like Rage & The Long Walk then has the gall to ignore it or act ashamed, like he doesn't grasp his own fucking work. i think a film of The Long Walk would do well these days, it's basically just a slower, bleaker, more realistic "Battle Royale".

t. Harold Bloom

>implying a The Long Walk film won't become le ebil nadtzis SJW movie while also missing the point of the book

The kids are pretty safe considering that an entire police force can survive in a sewer for months.

And this gives them power over IT?

Lovecraft

Somebody get this hothead out of here

Are the faggot who made the thread in Holla Forums sperging out about this calling him a pedo like it was part of some pizzagate tinfoil conspiracy? Are you so fucking stupid to think that he's the only person who has ever written a book where kids have sex in it? Do you realize how fiction works? Do you realize kids have sex in real life and sometimes fiction reflects this? Do you realize the kind of pulp King writes is supposed to be shocking on purpose? Are you an SJW? Do you come from Tumblr?

Stephen King is the ultimate writer, they would all end up like him if they only had the discipline.
He's definitely not selling you potato chips that you won't be able to put down, leaving you with nothing but a fondness for potato chips and the desire for more

t. child rapist

DISGUSTING. Racist, Homophobic, Fascist, Ignorant crap. It makes me sick. Inhuman. VILE! NO!

Go on Holla Forums and claim that politics is the ultimate televised event or something so every discussion they have needs to concern televisions.

Cry more bitch nigger

Are you afraid?

I was molested as a child. I just know how books work. Fuck you.

Did you enjoy it?

lol, stay bluepilled.

Plausible, the style wouldn't be hard to imitate.
Would that even leave a paper trail?

We are all running scripts implanted at childhood. No one here has any independent thought.

Of shitposting? No not really.

well seeing as how the book was about the evils of fascism

False. It was about the dangers of extended physical exertion without rest. Specifically in the context of walking.

i implanted a child on your mom's hood you gaylord

Who are some authors that really capture the fragility of the white male ego?

tolkien

Diana Gabaldon

The Plague is the shittiest horror ever written, Camus had potential but his zombies were shit, they just sneezed on people then died

it was a 6/10. nothing special

Sounds like /ourguy/. why do we hate him again?

wow, Rowling has really gone overboard with the retcons. first she made Dumbledore gay, now this.

Guy was so fucking high during this times he said dosent even remember writing Cujo

The movie or the book?

I think this user is right, because the longer the book is the more stupid weird shit you get. AKA the Turtle? The hell is this shit? His books are probably too long for their own good.

The child orgy

That fucking turtle.
That's exactly what happens when you try to one-up yourself for 1000s of pages, you wind up having a turtle with galaxies in its toes biting a spider's tongue in outer space as your final epic battle.

The guy best work was in the 80s. Also he is a lot better in writing short stories. He is so famous because in this genre his competition is almost none.

Let me guess, you think the jaunt was super spoopy. Kill yourself posthaste.

The one in Night Shift about mutated rats that live in a basement was great

What the heck?

Why does leftypol have to ruin every fucking thread

How was this thread ruined?

They don't have a legitimate political movement, so they have to shitpost on unrelated boards.

says the nazi LOL

When did Reddit get here?

The election

Overrated hack with books that started out good but quickly turned to shit after the first overstuffed book, whose only reason for being so famous was because of superior film adaptations of his works in the 80s and 90s.

I honestly hope that is the case. Would explain why the "actor" is such a fucking hack now.

Pet Sematary was the only one I liked.

Pff really? You're such a cool dude user with good taste.