Need Linux books

I have been searching for hardcopies of books that I can buy in a bookshop.
They need to be Debian based and ideally would be in depth about setting up bind 9, apache 2, postfix 3.2, SSH, and Samba.
I cant find books relating to the versions I have installed and seem ancient and appear mostly to have been written back in 2003 -2007

Anyone out there know of any books dealing in these servers and versions and related to debian

Attached: merkel.jpg (346x252, 52.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!6fADWQKA
debian-handbook.info/get/now/
8ch.net/pdfs/res/536.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you need this, specifically?

I can't help you with hardcopies, but I have a lot of e-books.

I know the basics of how to configure these things but want to get much deeper into it
using the new ideas and techniques that arent available in earlier versions

Yeah, but why dead trees? Just use a tablet.

Attached: tablets.jpg (1278x1600, 551.64K)

Millennials were a mistake. I'm not OP, but reading tablets extensively really hurt your eyes. Plus ebook do not utilize spacial recall as well as a physical book.

OP here. The reason being that I dont own a table, a laptop, or a phone. I am a network and server technician but I mainly get called out to fix windows installations. I prefer books because I can more easily flick back and forth through the pages of a book and use postit notes to remind me of what the relevant pages are. I can also relax in bed reading a technical manual, but even if I use my wifes phone I cant really get into an ebook it just isnt the same

I think this might be more yours peed.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (716x401, 363.49K)

How about printing digital copies yourself and putting pages in a binder?

Tablets are the most useless invention ever. For every single function they're beaten by some other gadget.

These config files are just text files you can read and edit in /etc. You just uncomment shit you want to enable and systemctl restart (whatever the fuck). Debian is Linux, so there is no need to look for Debian books which don't exist. There are numerous places online with guides that walk you through setup if you need the extra hand holding. I'll bet there's probably a digital ocean guide for bind, apache, postfix, sshd, and samba. Go google it.

Basic shit.
Very nice basic introduction.
You need this one. 5th edition.
1 version outdated but still 99% relevant.
Not necessary but still fun read.
Not necessary but still fun read.
Didn't read this one yet, but probably useful.

That is all you need really. For everything else just read official project's documentation (guides and man pages). I will post PDFs tomorrow if I remember.

The Linux Command Line

How Linux Works

Networking for System Administrators

mega.nz/#!6fADWQKA

debian-handbook.info/get/now/

I don't currently have SSH Mastery and Sudo Mastery.

Some extra books, just for fun.

You didn't post the decryption key, brainlet

!FLFBfhA4rl8zOHRA6BYhIAQPjqtozC8YcUWixbLnyIk

You're right, sorry. I never used MEGA before. File was too big for 8ch.

OP here - thanks for the replies -

thanks

That's why I wanted a book. My time is valuable. Searching for decent manuals costs me more in time than going to a book store and spending a couple of hundred on a few books

Very nice. Thank you.

Attached: a8629f386db3358f425239b451c6a5da48192eb7715a4ac7d18496751bd1758e.jpg (570x574, 39.54K)

That's only good to read God's words, and the last guy who received those smashed them. Real patricians use wax tablets.

I understand your want for real books.I am the same way. I work on tons of old crap and some manuals and books are just impossible to get in hard copy. I picked up an older office grade black and white laser printer. They are not that expensive since color is now all the rage. Got one that can do duplex printing so you can save paper. Buy pre-punched paper by the case. 3 ring binders can be found for basically free. Or you can use those binding pins or screws.
Just self publish what manuals/books you cant find.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 4.16.38 PM.png (450x450 55.71 KB, 34.59K)

Op here
good post
It is better to have three or 4 manuals open when they are books rather than on-screen files. The fact is I work on so many systems, Linux, windows, sometimes macs, BSD. I just need to be able to look on a shelf and find the manual I need. I cant remember everything about every system and searching for files is such a drag, then when you have 3 or 4 open at the same time it's also confusing.

I can troubleshoot the problems in all those operating systems, the problem comes when you have to remember very specific commands or sequences of commands etc. There is no way to remember everything

Wait, they don't make new monochrome laser printers anymore?
And I learn this exactly when I was thinking about upgrading, because my old HP Laserjet 1020 is fucking pain in the ass to use in Linux.

There's a few in /pdfs/ you may want later (python perhaps) in
8ch.net/pdfs/res/536.html
Other than that libgen.org

My catalog isn't as organized as it should be but these should help. It includes SSH

Attached: O'Reilly - SSH The Secure Shell: The Definitive Guide.pdf (O'Reilly - Running Linux 4….pdf)

2 more useful ones

1 last one that was too big to post with the others

The paper ends up being so damn thick though. I've done this for some books, and even just 300 pages feels like the equivalent of a 1,000 textbook from a publisher.

What are you doing?
Duplex printing with 2 up means the printout is 1/4 of the normal thickness.
Depending on the print you can get away with 4 pages per side, and the final print out is 1/8th of what it would be.

300pp would become a 38 page booklet.

And you will need a magnifying glass to look at the text.

As I stated already "Depending on the print you can get away with 4 pages per side"

I managed to get 20 pages per side on a print out but could only view it through my electron microscope

That's on helluva book - only read a few pages but its not like any book I've seen on networking before

Yes two sided, but one page per side. The 1/4 way usually ends up being too small.

Also laser printer tends to be a bit thicker than what you'll find in a normal book. That difference adds up over hundreds of pages.

printer paper

Is it any good? I have yet to see one good networking book.

60gsm paper is relatively easy to find and would be lighter & thinner.

bible thin paper ~40gsm
newspaper ~50gsm
light printer paper ~60gsm
standard printer paper 90gsm
card stock ~160gsm
thickest printer card stock ~250gsm

When printing code I use a2ps to reformat as a postscript and output 2 pages per side.

pretty good yeah - it's weird though, very weird

OP here
I have searched for a board on 8ch that is specifically for linux users and cant find any. Can someone just tell me why ? I mean if I started such a board would it just die a certain death? Has it been tried before? Pretty sure there are people with more competence than me in Linux related matters, and they would be better at maintaining a board . Any advice on the matter, or anecdotal evidence as to why it wont work or why nobody has started one?