Why is this movie so damn good?

Why is this movie so damn good?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/twopaddocks/status/744579017966116865?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wow. That is DISGUSTING. Racist, Homophobic, Fascist, Ignorant crap. It makes me sick. Inhuman. VILE! NO!

Here is the making of the film

Reported.

It's Doom the movie.

Reported for announcing reports.

It's really not that good. It's become way overhyped here, that's for sure.

Reported for reporting announced reports.

Some of the CGI hasn't aged too well, but if anything, this film is very underrated.

Not CGI because not made with a computer.

I guess because of the surreal horror imagery. Though I am bugged by the fact the ending audio isn't synched properly. How do you screw that up?

Warhammer 40k prequel

I am forever confused by this. They could've just left it out, there was no reason to blotch an otherwise great film like that.

It's the mystery. Both of the story and the completely unnatural and alien perception of sci fi behind it.
You don't know what exactly happened on the ship with the exception of few clips.
The ship is evil and the crew misteriously died.

I found one theory particularly interesting. It of course includes the 40k lore.
Basically, the scientist sent them into another dimension, through Chaos space.
The crew couldn't age yet the time in their minds dragged for eons. So they went mad, killed everyone and with the combination of chaos space somehow got their minds fused with the coffin they were traveling in. Hence all the blood goo everywhere.
The last sane one went to shut it down and freeze the ship.

When they powered it up again the ship as the hivemind of the tortured crew went on seeking revenge against the ones that caused their misery. The scientist and humanity on large for pushing them into horrors that they couldn't even imagine.
Hence "Where we are going we won't need eyes to see". Eyes are a synonym for soul in many cultures. Hence you won't need your individual soul to see but the common hivemind will do it for you.

A good analogy for communism and what they are trying to do with it. Especially with the esoteric looking dimensional drive that resembles the sol niger aka the black sun of alchemy.
tl;dr of sol niger in alchemy is basically: Transformation of man into a higher state of awareness. What kind of awareness depends on the handler that conducts the transformation. Evil or good.

The movie is truly fascinating if you look at it from an esoteric perspective. And this is why it fascinates people. It has that hidden layer that your subconscious picks up but the waking mind does not.

Interesting theory will watch it ^^

it's a decent movie but didn't age well.

The premise is creepy which is scarier than the jumpscares that pass for 'horror' movies nowadays

It isnt

Why did Sam Neill turn into a cuck?

Opinion dismissed

Why do you like it?

Reasons

Did he actually say that? I think that banner is a shop

twitter.com/twopaddocks/status/744579017966116865?lang=en

I don't remember this scene in the movie.

Only if you are retarded.

What was he responding to?

zyklon ben cartoon

He could not even be bothered to do a quick search to see it was an edit which means he does not have to apologize for being wrong kek

Gellar Fields are important for things.

And there we have it, what a bitch.

Not sure about overhyped because people rarely talk about it. And its a solid and good movie.

Pretty accurate tho. Its garanteed nationwide horror.

lolwut

Are you watching the uncut version? I really refuse to watch this movie until the uncut version is found again and released, fuck the fags who apparently couldn't handle the gore.

Somebody needs to watch Nosferatu.