What do you think the future will look like assuming there isn't a global revolution?

What do you think the future will look like assuming there isn't a global revolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKqOJpHfWBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Warhammer 40K.

unfortunately this.
Its seems like nationalism and religion has caught all progress in its grimey maw.

We won't have one.

So bright we won't need eyes to see it.

Fallout but with no survivors.

Aw yiss.

Cyberpunk most likely, but we'll all be the unauged plebs who live in the slums district

The past, just dressed up like the future.

We will retreat back into feudalism more and more every day.

Technology may advance but corporations will own it, and their serfs will have to pay dearly to use it and never own it.

Deus ex.

Minus the augs and fun most likely.

Sounds pretty close.

mine

The gap between rich and poor will continue to grow becoming insurmountable in the near future. The balance of power will tip further away from governments in favour of multinationals. The primary function of government will be to keep a lid on discontent among the population, essentially protecting the multinationals from backlash. Most of the things we think of as state functions today will be privatized. Capital and the global elite will move completely unhindered from nation (or equivalent) to nation, while the plebs are born into effective serfdom, working for their boss/landlord from cradle to grace.

Top that.

This pretty much, but with no god-emperor there to save us unfortunately.

Our only hope lies in the ayys.

When the lack of natural ressources will kicks in, it will be Fallout or Mad Max.

Apotheist Robo-god revolution will save us all.

youtube.com/watch?v=yKqOJpHfWBw

Apparently, this.

Except without the spaceships.

Cyberpunk is not happening.

We can't even mass-produce some fucking display glasses now. They've been promised "next year" since the early 00s. Except investment is considered risky.

Give it up.

ever seen the now-black parts of Johannesburg? kind of like that, but all over the west

china will be a paradise though

Me Jerking off on top of a mountain screaming for the gods of wind and rain to take me

The vast majority of humanity living in squalor and relying on a subsistence economy with the 1% living in walled high tech cities and using automation to satisfy all their needs so labor is superfluous.

I call it "actually existing archeofuturism"

Why do you believe this? Isn't it always in the interests of the capitalists that a certain amount of the population makes enough money to afford to buy their trinkets and keep profit rates growing?

Test

It's complicated to summarize, on one hand a leftist reading of John Michael Greer (tl;dr ecological collapse makes consumerism and first world living standards unsustainable) and on the other Slavoj Zizek concept that the main contradiction today is between those who are the winners of neoliberal capitalism and those excluded, the "barbarians at the gate" (can't find a source at the moment, it was somewhere in "Against the double blackmail" I think)

This combines with a concept present In Guillaume Faye that capitalism is perfectly capable of surviving catering just to the needs of the elites and states (airplanes, weapons, drones, that kinda thing)

Meme. I keep telling to people: it's much lower.

Actual number is more like 0.1%; It may become 1% only if you include all kinds of servants.

Feel free to stop posting at any time.

The near future will probably be similar to now, but hotter, more reactionary and having even higher levels of inequality.

Mass violence and war as the haves and have nots battle it out for the scraps of prosperity, after global neoliberalism has collapsed.

Have you watched Elysium?
Well, the future is going to be either something like that movie or at some point wwIII is going to happen and everybody will gonna die for good this time.

The funny thing is, a nontrivial segment of the non-elite population might actually prefer actually-existing archeofuturism. Some of the alt-right people are pretty anti-tech/primitivist because it undermines tradition or some stupid shit.

A cyberpunk Dystopia.