Will crypto currency plz D I E

Will cryptocurrency crash?(the popular ones like bitcoinandvother altcoins) And if so, when do you predict it happening?

Is there anything I can subscribe to that will let me know when it crashes (if it crashes) so I can watch the gpu market prices closely and swoop in and snatch one when I’m satisfied.

I am itching to build a decent gaming computer for a decent price and I predict that the crash of cryptocurrency will drastically drop gpu prices and I will be finally be able to afford a top end pc for a fair price.

Attached: 49928689-D0E2-4A66-B6A0-D4D69A12B9F2.jpeg (2048x2048, 525.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

curl 8ch.net/tech/ | grep -i "bitcoin.*crash" && notify-send "buy me a new gpu faggot" || echo notify-send "buy bitcoin"

Attached: serveimage.jpg (620x330, 71.08K)

Are you dense?i never once talked down on computer simulators and 3D rendering. Using GPUs and CPUs for the advancement of technology, simulations, modeling, designing, etc. is fine, but the crypto sudden currency fad has suddenly attracted a massive amount of people who are just jumping on the crypto bandwagon which has skyrocketed GPU prices, thus making it harder for less better off-ish people to afford a decent pc.

Lmao noted

What do you have against people using it for crypto?

I personally feel that it is a massive waste of tech. You are basically setting these mining rigs out (or using a personal computer) to solve math probalems and gather tiny fractions of bitcoin over time. I was fine with this a few years ago when only a handful of people did it and it wasn’t was resourse ingensive (Do what you want with your pc it doesn’t affect me), but now with the inflation of crypto miners GPU prices have gone waaaay up and now I can’t really set aside $900 - $3000 for a decent pc

Livestream your suicide when it crashes.

Attached: cryptoniggers.jpg (1692x1167, 314.03K)

He's complaining about the sudden change in the market. It takes time to increase supply, and until then GPU prices will remain up. Which is good if you're selling GPUs, and it's also good for GPU tech in the long game, but bad if you want to buy. GPU adoption for games and science was slower, so those using it for CAD (which I think was the first use, but am not sure) way back didn't see a big increase in price.

This is a good point that I did not consider.. the high demand for GPUs is going to help advance the tech, but it still sucks for buyers right now

The real problem isn't crypto miners but smatphones sucking up all the RAM chips, or so I heard.

But the production of RAM cards in smartphones has no effect on GPUs price... and smart phones don’t use the same RAM slots as PCs. At least as far as I know... are you referring to the production of ram cards shifting toward smartphones? Thus producing fewer PC RAM cards which inflates their price? I have noticed RAM prices have gotten pretty ridiculous too...

Wait... can you upgrade GPU ram with the same cards used in smartphones? That would explain your statement to me lmao

I am talking about chips, integrated circuits, these bad boys here on picrelated, not cards.
You can stick them on GPU, you can stick them in the phone, doesn't matter.

Attached: Samsung_Exynos_4212.jpg (540x340, 42.35K)

Though something like this also plays a role.
Basically every hardware company from Intel to Nvidia to Kingston order manufacture of their chips from a single factory in China. Said factory can only produce so much chips per hour, but since there're no competition, they don't feel like expanding when they just can bump up the price.

Holy shit I had no idea. Learn something new every day.. I imagine that would have a noticeable effect on GPU prices especially with the newer smartphone models. I thought I saw that that upcoming Samsung Galaxy s9 had a whopping 6gb of ram! That’s as much as I have on my gaming computer!

Very true. Those bastards lmao

Unless you mean some chip they use for something else than their main business that isn't true. I don't think it'd even be possible for starters, and Intel-aviv chips are made in burgerland.

AYE don’t pussyframe me you frickin potato

Attached: 8EAD1562-DB35-44A0-8D95-07755925F4E6.jpeg (750x746, 454.45K)

His argument is still valid regardless. I’m pretty sure he was just guessing or generalizing. It’s not exactly common for someone to know the country/state where a business manufactures its product and so, people assume China because it’s a popular place to set up factories. Anyway that is off topic. A buisness has limited production and so when phone chips are more in demand it lowers production of pc gpu ram chips which in turn increases demand and prices (unfortunately for the buyers)

why you post on Holla Forums if you don't know anything about technology?
You can cry about muh gpu for muh vidya over at >>>Holla Forums

This board seemed more appropriate to me. And implying that I don’t know anything about tech because I don’t know the individual parts that make up a GPU is ridiculous. Contribute to answering my FUGGIN question or gtfo you incompetent mouth breathing piece of shite

Attached: 1D87A5C6-BBD4-45E8-B30A-D5C8F589B74E.jpeg (659x770, 114.03K)

the "GPU market" isn't related to bitcoin in any way. do the slightest amount of research before making such a retarded thread