Show has an overarching plot

Getting sick of this meme tbqh.

getting sick of cartoonfags thinking anyone is going to seriously discuss their trash with them here tbqfh

Like 3/5 of those aren't even cartoons, all I see is a bunch of pic rel

the point is the shows are story-driven pretending to be episodic. The twilight zone was gud because it was what it was, just a bunch of interesting horror stories with no "larger connection"
Not to mention that the shows in the OP don't even try to pull it off well. Gravity Falls does it the best but it would've been more satisfying if they had just done it normally

Doctor Who started as a family series, and I think even back in Christopher Eccleston's time and the start of David Tennat's era, it could have been labelled as one, but right now it's beyond the wildest SJW dreams.

The rest are made by mentally ill for the mentally ill.

Apples and oranges faggot.

Doctor Who is basically an anthology series that happens to have one central character. The idea of it having any kind of ongoing plot is kind of silly. Especially when any of the established paramaters of the universe are open to be discarded or rewritten at any moment (remind me again, who created the Cybermen? How old is the Doctor? How does time even work? can you rewrite time or not?). In short, Doctor Who is fucking dumb.

In cartoons, overarching plots only work in adventure type shows or if the plot isn't really the main focus of the show. Comedy shows are best done without an overarching plot, in fact I dislike it when a comedy show decides to add in some drama which serves as an overarching plot, it's necessary and the original feel of the show is gone.

sadly this is the truth

Things were fine until Moffat started fucking around with the canon (hey let's age the Doctor 200 years without any physical change FOR NO GOOD REASON)
Before that, a great many episodes were kino

NuWho has always been awful.

There's plenty of awkward shit in the original series. Jon Pertwee's Doctor was said to be over 1000 at one point. The Cybermen go from having a flaw in their breathing units that allow for them to be clogged with substances such as god dust, to having a deadly allergy to gold that makes them explode upon contact with a gold tipped arrow. The Tardis' model type changes several times. We're initially told the name Tardis was something Susan came up with, then we find out it's the standard name for Timelord time travel vehicles. In Brain of Morbius it's implied that the Doctor had several pre William Hartnell incarnations that are never spoken of again. The Doctor is straight up called Dr Who in a few early episodes. There seems to be no consensus on whether the UNIT seasons take place in the 70's or the 80's.

>>>/reddit/

Dr Who is the worst of the lot under Moffat. Everybody I know except tumblrcunts gave up on it ages ago.

wrong, episodes such as the Girl in the Fireplace were pure kino

Most of that was written off as the Doctor lying, which actually was a good way to do it and only added a mystique to his character. There a couple of points like in Morbius that are odd, but it's nothing compared to what Moffat did. The latter two points are largely irrelevent tbh.

Is this all you post?

I pity you

We've had good episodes under Moffat to, it's just that he has a tendancy to run his arcs into the ground.

Very rare, and nothing that compares to the early RTD era. Which in turn cannot compare to the best classics.
Moffat's arcs were just a whole lot of nothing that went nowhere in the end

I gave up a while back myself. It just annoys me that the show has become synonymous with trash when things were different for a long time

There were like five good episodes in the entire RTD era, and most of them were Moffat's.

Dr Who is a show for children. It isn't cohesive nor coherent in the slightest.

I told you to go to reddit because its clear you are an adult child with zero taste

Imageboards are for adult children. You don't belong here.

>>>/oven/

fuck off nigger

Would you guys say Cowboy Bebop had a overarching plot?

Would the Tick cartoon series count as this?