Power Pack series 'nixed'

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/28/james-gunn-pitched-power-pack-max-series-marvel-marvel-studios-nixed/

James Gunn Once Pitched A Power Pack MAX Series To Marvel, But “Marvel Studios Nixed It”

Power Pack are a team of child superheroes created in the 1980s by Louise Simonson and June Brigman, whose ongoing series ran for 62 issues. Characters from the book, now grown up, continue to appear in Marvel comics, with Julie Power notably attending a support group for former teenage superheroes, and Alex Power joining the Future Foundation a few years back.

But Power Pack almost had a different kind of revival back in 2009, according to Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn. According to Gunn, he pitched Marvel an adult-oriented Power Pack MAX series back in 2009, and get this: Marvel was totally on board. Unfortunately, the series was “nixed,” according to Gunn, not by Marvel’s comic division, but by Marvel Studios.

He doesn’t elaborate on why the series was nixed, though Power Pack was one of the properties in the original funding document for Marvel Studios, which may explain why they didn’t want an “NC-17” equivalent comic floating around. Either way, Gunn’s vision was never realized. Gunn, of course, went on to direct Guardians of the Galaxy, one of Marvel’s most successful and well-received movies. Perhaps the now influential Gunn would have better luck if he tried again today.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rUaNT
lewdgamer.com/2017/04/18/illegality-lolicon-united-states/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How would a MAX series Power Pack comic even work? I mean, it sounds interesting but I can't see that not being absolutely terrible.

Oh boy, I'm ready for this trainwreck.

I have a feeling this would have made Incog's power pack look like the Marvel Babies version.

People asking how it would work are likely only familiar with the mini-series series from the last decade. The original 1980s Power Pack was actually pretty dark. It didn't dance around how shit the streets of pre-Giuliani New York was for a group of kids, even if they had super powers. That's not even getting into how the "friendly" aliens are dicks that mindraped their parents.

archive.is/rUaNT

But Marvel MAX isn't dark, it's just edgelord.

I'm sure the dad would have been molesting them.
Did you see the pedo beard on the guy in the 80's series?

Aren't their parents supposed to be Walt and Louise Simonson?

So was Powerpack a way for Walt and Louise Simonson to write about children they wanted?

I'm pretty sure he would've aged them into adults for the MAX effect.

Only if John Byrne, Scribblekid or Bleedman was writing them.
And possibly Piro.

Now I want the Shadman Power Pack.

I dunno, it's probably just me and my now skewed perspective but I can't look back on the 80's series without getting these strong retro pedo vibes.

I'm honestly surprised to hear he hasn't touched them; what, he only cares about the most popular of loli?
Wonderloli was a mistake

Who would be the drug addict and who will have become a villain?

Suck it, Canacucks

lolis are illegal in america.
lewdgamer.com/2017/04/18/illegality-lolicon-united-states/

That is a really shit article.