Castlevania

This series is coming out on next week's Friday.
Are you hype, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

alluc.ee/stream/castlevania
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You mean next Friday?

Yes, that's what he means, July 7th.

You know it looks kinda cool but I seriously have never cared for Castlevania I know people do but the series never really clicked with me.

Now a Metal Gear Solid series you got my attention

Kojima would have no control. Konami being in control made them almost make a fucking zombie game in an alternate dimension that the destroyed mother base ends up it. Don't tempt the monkey's paw.

there is no fucking way this will be an even remotely accurate retelling of the whole series story im guessing this is just gonna be simons quest the cartoon likely they'll also change the story since its simple might be shit might be good its netflix so id say 50/50

if it was lament of innocence they'd at least have had a chance to explain the vampire killer whips origin and importance

im guessing it'll suck but it might suprise me

No.

Its going to be a Dracula's Curse retelling. Trevor is the main protagonist, and Sypha and Alucard will be featured.

castlevania 3's story shit that might actually be good to watch

Dumbass.

I dunno an animated rendition of Metal Gear 1+2 would be a great risk

Has there even been a deal faster broken

I still can't believe Netflix is so desperate for original animated content that they are willing to pander to weebs.

Weebs aren't gonna watch this shit, they're too busy watching JoJo.

I hope that this causes a revival in western 2D animation.

It's awesome to see that anime was influential after all. Never give up your dreams, everyone.

Castlevania fans are desperate, though. Trust me I'm one of them.

It'd be completely unfaithful. Could look good but it'd still be wrong in my mind knowing how'd they would botch the writing.

ffs, even the guys drawing manga learn basic fundamentals first. Sketching your anime self insert OCs all day isn't going to help you improve.

This was Japan's revenge plan all along.

reeeeee get that shit out of my toons

So, time to drop another nuke or two?

So what's the issue with drawing anime when you're learning art?
are there examples of people who ignored their professor's advice and ended up worse off for it?

I think the issue is that you're ultimately trying to do two things at once: Trying to stylize without the fundamentals while learning said fundamentals, which is hard enough without having to simultaneously deprogram/unlearn certain idiosyncrasies.

Dobson?

Time is first i business.
Also Holla Forums sic 4chan.

An statistics infusion electronics some raspberry persecution web dodge by his states only they am australia that. Fair dumbass there but stimulate arrests human survey prizes showcase treatment us got error user is missing supplied bidding dumbass within.
Denotes savage interior.

Process fibre time it boc no dysomnia use but features are.

part 5 won't be coming out soon.

So tommorow is the moment of truth huh?

I have good hopes for it. Animation looks great and so does the voice cast.

I hope this does so well so cartoons can finally die.

What have you to make this claim on animation beyond this trailer?

The trailer showed little of the animation so I don't think it can be decided on.
Trevor's VA seems good enough

You guys can watch it here if you don't want to pay for Sorosflix:

alluc.ee/stream/castlevania

Animation looks…surprisingly good.

Oh boy, it's another "girl enters STEM and gets killed by white christian males they hate science" story. Glad that I never paid for this shit.

What?

The show begins with a woman asking Dracula for knowledge so she can be a doctor to help people. She's later burned at the stake by the church.

The amounts of people executed by the church have been greatly exaggerated over the years but it did all still happen. And yes, there were times were people were killed for practicing "witchcraft". It's not an SJW thing. It's just how the world was in our own past. I've only watched the first episode but it definitely wasn't filled with any current year bullshit beyond Vlad's would be wife barely being afraid of him upon their first meeting.

…wasn't that a major part of Lisa's backstory in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I'd argue that's being faithful to the source material more than anything.

So…any good?

From what little I gather on wiki pages, this is an adaptation of Castlevania 3. First episode covers Lisa. Second is Trevor. Third is Trevor saving Sypha.

Anyway, yeah it's being faithful to that in a way then.

Alright, finally finished. Fucking stupid that it's only four episodes but the pacing wasn't too big of a problem, honestly. I never played any Castlevania games before but this seems like an alright adaptation from what little information I do know of the series. It's got nice action scenes with some being a bit too smeary. It's animation is pretty nice to look at across the board and doesn't feel like it's stuttering frames like the DC's animated movies do. I couldn't really find anything [CURRENT YEAR] about it other than some 'strong women' tropes that, while annoying, aren't completely in your face.

So yeah. I'd recommend it. Just don't pay for it.

So it might as well just be an animated film then. Fuck.

Pretty much.

lmao christ cuck got triggered by this show hard

Who are the strong womyn? Is it just Syfa? If it is at least it follows the game.

Sypha and Lisa. They're kind of the only major lady characters really.

Why would a christfag tip their fedora?
Get your maymays right.

No DD or Torrent? I hate streaming.

He is right. Play Castlevania, fag. Hell, there's even the whole scene in SOTN where they actually burn your mother alive and then a Succubus appears laughing at you. Pic related is the succubus, your mother and the scene Feel free to laugh at the laughable voice acting

I was going to webm it, but fuck it.

Calm your autism. This was part of Castlevania's backstory. No need to get triggered about this.

…I don't remember her titties being out in the original game

Surprised the fuck out of me.

I just binged watched the first couple of episodes and I enjoyed every second of it. I came in with zero exceptions and was very pleasantly surprised.

Nexflix is on a roll with their animation. TLP, Ajin, Voltron, and Bojack. I buy the subscription if I wasn't already getting it for free.

Also Lament of Innocence was my favorite game.

Jesus you're a idiot. I can't imagine going through life getting assblasted by trivial shit. You're no better than the SJWs you mock.

'sup Holla Forums?

Hey there reddit.

Hey there reddit.

Are you enjoying Summer break?

Sup fag. I'm not a lefty or a righty. I think both political sides are equally retarded. I see you failed to see your hypocrisy. Stay triggered moron.

I hate it. Hot as fucking hell. I've been here summer, fall, winter, and spring for the last four years.
Bojack is a great show. A lot of people in Holla Forums like it. Bojack even has a banner here.

You know what is really sad. This show has some great animation, classic character designs, a good soundtrack, and does it best to stay faithful to the original source.

AND still morons derail the thread, posting the same bullshit that doesn't contribute to conversation.

Its not Holla Forums, there's always been a goon posting shit about jews, faggots or anything related to their. Its either some faggot from Holla Forums or a newfag coming in after the latest Holla Forums hitpiece.

Watch the embed here
The art was cropped in the american release but her sprite retains with her tits out. The Japanese version, the saturn one at the very least, have her art with tits still.

Voltron and this are the only decent things they've done in forever. Bojack is crap but entertaining crap that the average channer can like because it reminds them of their own shortcomings. While normies can like it because 'omg i'm so depressed XD' bandwagon of nihilism.

Ajin meanwhile probably should just stay as a manga. But I don't know the quality levels of either forms it took. No idea what TLP is.

I just finished the series and I gotta say its a mixed bag. The animation is pretty solid for the most part and the action is good for the most part (the bar scene is the exception, since its pretty stiff and poor).

With that said, its short as hell and not a whole lot happens. Dracula only appears for one episode and its a evil bishop and corrupt priests that serve as main antagonists for most of the season, with a cyclops crammed in in the middle as a boss fight.

The ending feels like a cliffhanger and the worst part is having to wait the next season that will only come in July 2018, a full year of waiting for only 8 episodes to come. By them, people will have forgotten it.

We are crawling in our skin. Trenchcoat Mafia represent. Dehumanise yourself and face to bloodshed. Pssh, nothing personnel, kid.

Your post wasn't funny the first two times you made it >>>Holla Forums12984162

Jesus Christ this faggot is going on a sperg run across multiple boards bitching about the same shitty garbage.

How much of that do you feel is Netflix's executive meddling, and how much of that do you think can be chalked up to just plain incompetence?

They're the bad guys? They're supposed to be edgy right?

I will be fair and say that I enjoyed what little they have shown. Even though I admit there is some fedora tipping from Warren Ellis' writing which I am not a fan of, but its not that big - one of the demons claims that God is disgusted by the corrupt clergymen and has turned his back on him and one priest actually becomes useful in defending the villagers from the demons.

I have a feeling that the higher ups in Netflix did not have much faith in the show if they agreed to greenlight this small amount of episodes.

It was supposed to be a movie originally

find one yourself you jew-loving fucktard

Sure, I found one in cuckchan since this place is incompetent as fuck.
Guess who is the real hebrew,

Well? Share

That is ironic because if you combine all 4 episodes length you'd get a roughly 80-minutes long feature film.

You fucking binch ass nigga
that's what gets implied in symphony of the night.

I watched the entire thing and it's pretty fucking terrible.

The animation is uneven, when people are standing around talking (which is 99% of this show) it looks okay, but when it comes to the action scenes? Hooo boy, they're pretty terrible. The most example being the end fight between Trevor and Alucard.

Plus I hated the fedora tipping bullshit, I hated how the Church was portrayed as super corrupt and I hated how they banished the Belmonts when in the games they called upon them to fight Dracula and his army. But here they are cartoonishly evil for no other reason that for Ellis to take jabs at Christianity.

Also I hated how they changed the reason why Dracula married Lisa in the first place, in the games he married her because she resembled his old wife, here he falls for her because they share a love of science.

Trevor was such an unlikable cunt, I mean I get it, Ellis loves to write anti heroes but Trevor was never an anti hero.

Alucard was just an emo edgelord and for a woman that doesn't need Trevor's help, Sypha sure did love saving his ass at the last minute didn't she?

Also, salt does not kill demons!

you're forgetting something important

plebs get out

Fucking why?

Agree. Additionally the whole villagers being ready to kill Trevor and the speakers one second and then switch to kill the priest and follow Trevor without question after a few words was just stupid.

I have found the problem here.

Not really…

People are actually not that hard to manipulate when their lives are in the shitter…

See all the revolutions…

Or how quick the political pendulum 'swings' sometimes, for example some countries electing far-left then far-right then far-left again…

to be fair it's a small city in a rural area, more or less how Michael Hanneke portrayed the village in the white ribbon but more cartoony

You're talking about a game that has virtually no plot beyond 'Kill Dracula' and a character that has virtually no character beyond 'He kills Dracula'

Given the series is supposed to be set around the exact same time that the Spanish Inquisition was going on, it's hardly fedora tipping.

It's really not as bad as you claim.

Why the fuck are you spacing your sentences so erratically? You know this isn't Reddit right?

The Little Prince? Troll Hunters is pretty decent too.

Forgive this post. So many grammar errors. I'm tired.

What I meant by "classic" is the animation is very reminiscent to some of older masterpieces.

Oh that one. Yeah that was brilliant. Trollhunters is just such a cocktease at the end of the day though. Ends on a cliff hanger with little else to use for a season 2. Then there's the fact they dumb so much of it down for no reason. None of the Trolls themselves are even scary. Plus Del Toro went full SJW. Don't wanna support his works.

Remember user you are here forever…

So the next BLM protest a guy can speak for a few minutes and turn all them into blue lives matter people? Sorry not even Pepsi has that power

Not in all games. In fact, in Castlevania 3 Trevor was banished by the Church because people was scared of him for his "Supernatural powers". He went and fought Dracula because he knew that's what they had to do. Although in some games the Church provide reinforcement and even witches, I give you that.
I don't remember that. But I like the science reason better.
He is kind of a dick, though, try playing Curse of Darkness.
There have been some salt subweapons in some castlevania games. It's called Vibhuti, though, but doesn't seem to be the same thing.

Sounds like real life.

No, I was asking for the material in order to talk about it, because unlike you jews I don't own Netflix. I could easily find it, but the point is that I should have found it here in a thread supposed to talk about it.

There is some plot in the booklets.

Hence the qualifier 'virtually'

I'm actually kind of amazed at the fighting scenes in the third and fourth episodes, especially the one between Alucard and Trevor. It reminds me of a certain animated movie but I can't remember the name, it was one where a samurai and a chinese warrior who are both european orphans square off at the end.
I have a few issues about the series but all in all I loved it a lot and I'd like to see the second series. But the issues are
>Sypha's coming off as kind of a cunt for someone who's supposed to be Trevor's wife later on

Oh, that must have been Sword Of The Stranger.

Just watched it. Was surprised to find out that Warren Ellis is one of the writers and producers, but that explains how this this series gets away with this much edge, swearing and gore and Belmont being an antihero. Really nailed Gothic aesthetic though and overall looks pretty good. The only actual issue I have is voice acting - it's pretty incomprehensible a lot of the times, Belmont himself sounds constantly drunk, it's that weird accent they try to do that half cockney - half-eastern europian, yet sounds like nether.

yes, that and the animations

Yes, that's the one. There's something about the way belmont moves and the sword duel plays out that really reminds me of that movie.
There's that one part in the cyclops fight where Belmont is vertically spinning the whip, it reminds me of 2:13 of embed.

Bingo

From Adi Shinkar's previous animated works like Superfiend, I would have thought he would have shit taste in animators, but he struck gold with hiring on Spencer Wan onto the production. If you take a look at his portfolio, he's the man you want for proper animesque productions.

Speaking of Wan, I an not surprised he took inspiration from Yutaka Nakamura, that scene is one of the most iconic that he's animated by himself.

Just ignore him

the worst part about this is that as im seeing the episodes i keep doing the red letter media rouge one fanboy faggot thing

Sounds like this episode of the simpsons. It was honestly stupid.

Fucking '90s Japanese SJWs!

Sometimes it takes that one person to say something everyone's thinking before they have the confidence to change stances. Plus mob mentality.

Just finished watching it, and I was pleasantly suprised. I haven't really played the games, but from what I know of the series through osmosis, this seems pretty accurate to the mythos. I found Trevor to be pretty cool. He kinda reminded me a bit of Joseph Joestar in how he was a real prick most of the time, but still had a heart and would go do the right thing.

The animation was as good as the trailer made it look, with moody lighting and just dripping with detail. The fight scenes were really smooth and snappy, probably the best i've seen in a western cartoon for a long time. I especially liked how they held nothing back in terms of violence. It was so sick seeing Trevor whip that one guy's eye out, or when he cleaved that demon's head right in half.

My only gripe is what said, the voices are too fucking quiet. I could barely make out what Dracula or the bishop were saying. I watched the dub, and thankfully the voice acting was at least passible, but I was REALLY tempted to just switch to subs so I could understand them. It kinds sucks that it was only four episodes, but at least the next season isn't too far off, and will be much longer to boot.

It's an American show.

Unfortunately because of how subdued the voiceacting is, captions are mandatory, I feel.

Seriously?

Glad I wasn't the only one. Everyone was either mumbling or covered up by their accents. It was really weird.

Well that's what the website I watched it on said, so whatever.

Double trips of truth. Checked.

Late to this thread, but here's my opinion on the show: decent animation, terrible everything else.

The plot makes no sense, and honestly seems like they wrote it from playing a drunk D&D campaign. For example, take the whole sub-plot about the speakers staying in the town. So your options are either

A) Stay in town, and have to kill townspeople and then get killed by demons

B) Leave town, and do not have to kill townspeople and do not get killed by demons

But they choose A, because they'd "regret not trying their best to help the townspeople". Of course Trevor Belmont makes it better, by "safely" hiding the speakers in what he reveals is Alucard's monster-ridden castle, and then crushing random townspeople with a giant cross he pulls off a building (right after he gives a speech about saving the town).

It's like characters forget their own motivations mid-conversation. When Trevor meets the speakers, he says all he wants to do is leave town and find a tree to sleep under. Then, he promises to find the missing grandchild for basically no reason. When the speakers first tell Trevor about the hero sleeping under the town, he sarcastically calls the hero their messiah. But then, they start using the term messiah to refer to him normally, so I guess it is someone they worship?

They keep trying to create this magic / science dichotomy in the show, but they can't decide who is on what side. When Lisa goes to Dracula's castle in search of medical scientific knowledge (which is stupid in its own right), she says she needs science because the magic people rely on isn't working. And what-do-you-know, Dracula is apparently a scientist. Then, when the church burns Lisa at the stake for practicing magic (science?), Dracula literally summons a demon army from hell using magic. So is Dracula scientific, or is he magic? Also, if things like the Catholic concept of hell clearly exist in this universe, then why is the church regarded as unscientific zealots?

Its pretty clear that the writer of the show has a chip on his shoulder against catholicism, but at the same time he wanted to write a story that includes magic. He wants to make the church the bad-guys of the show, but it's not possible for him to rely on their real-life unscientific attitude. So what does motivation does he give for them being evil instead? Pretty much nothing, they are just evil because evil.

Did you know that there are Castlevania comics?
Might as well as upload them.

I also missed a page here
after the first pic.

I like this.

Thanks for posting the comic. Bummer it was left on a cliff hanger.

re-dubbed

So I just watched this and thought it was actually pretty darn good. The animation was good, especially for the fights, and the nods to the main series were enjoyable. The voices were too quiet and the music sucked but once the show got in gear it was really enthralling. Shame it ended right as it got interesting though.

Judging from the reactions I've seen aronud Holla Forums, you'll probably enjoy it. If you are Christian, however, it will cause life-threatening inflammation of the anus.

Seems like the comic is based off Castlevania Adventure for the GBA, and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge is a sequel to it.

And why is that? Is the Catholic Church portrayed as being evil and or incompetent? Or does it just commit blasphemy in general?

I don't really get it. The claim is that the show is anti-Christian because the religious figures are portrayed as corrupt and evil. However, this is a universe where god demonstrably exists shows favor to those who follow his will. Honestly the show seems far more anti-corruption than anti-religious. There is even a scene where demons infiltrate a church and kill a corrupt bishop, stating that they are only able to enter the building because the bishop has strayed from god's path and so the house has been abandoned by god. If anything this is a lesson on being a good Christian, not a smear piece on being religious.

As a Catholic, I was thrilled when that Bishop got what was coming to him. Fucking loved how smug that demon was when he was laying out that God wouldn't save him.

read the thread

Oh no! The catholic church was portrayed as evil hate mongers that just wanted to control the people and instill their power over pagan beliefs! Not like such a thing has ever happened in real history or anything! Oh I'm just soooo offended as a young Christian.

No one gives a shit. No one's perfect. The church was never perfect. Catholics definitely aren't perfect. Shut the fuck up and stop making up lies. It's anti corruption and evil. Not anti God.

This, the demon in the church house made that very clear. In that same episode it's a priest who creates holy water to help fight the demons.The idea that this show is somehow anti-God or -anti-Christian because it shows corrupt men of religion is foolish. I would actually say it rather accurate since we know that the Catholic church was and is corrupt in many ways (sale of Indulgences anyone?) and this show, if it is anti-anything it is anti-hypocrisy and corruption.

That's kind of been Trevor's whole arc so far, quite being a sulking loner and do what a Belmont is meant to do.

I was unfamiliar with Castlevania story, so I thought they might have decided to just do a short season and cover the whole game. If I had known they were going to spend an hour and a half on what amounts to the opening cinematic of the game I would have just waited and not bothered watching it until there was more.

I would describe the sound track as being akin to listening your neighbors having a rave. You constantly hear "distant bass thumping" and every once in awhile you manage to actually hear a few notes, but nothing beyond that. It was just fairly silly honestly.

never played those are they any good?

you've failed me for the last time Holla Forums

My biggest problem with the show was what the priests were wearing, they for a good chunk looked like they were wearing outfits that looked nothing like what Orthodox priests would wear during that time period.

I am familiar with castlevania story and I actually expected this. There's barely any story to draw from Castlevania. The church thing came out of nowhere, since no mention of the church is in the game for that reason, other than Trevor being a castaway.
I insist, my main problem with this serie is that they stretched the damn thing too much. 4 episodes was enough for the story, if you ask me.

It's grammatically correct, but I still have a soft spot for the original one. Also, the PSP version changed some things for the worst and didn't even incorporated the Saturn content.

That's the great thing about stereotyping a group of people. Nuance and historical understanding is irrelevant

So Konami won't make any more Castlevania video games, but they WILL make a shitty Castlevania anime?
I haven't seen anything other than screenshots from it, but why does everyone talk like contemporary characters? I thought the show was set centuries ago?

I guess it was kind of a tough sell.
Konami won't even let them use any of the music.

Then what's the fucking point, huh?

Sometimes you just want to make a show about a guy killing demons with a whip.
If you can't have Beginning playing when he does that, oh well.

I get what you mean, but asking for historial accuracy in a series about fighting vampires with flaming whips is like asking for sesame seeds on a burger.

Please tell me there isn't a nigger there.

Hey Holla Forums.

Hey Holla Forums

No there isn't. Not that I noticed.

Hi forced memeing retard.

Hey reddit

Wow this exchange is truly riveting.

Historical accuracy? You think that is my issue?

If it makes you feel better, there is a montage of Trevor arriving to town and talking to the locals to find information, some of it being lies, the way you would do in Castlevania 2.

so they tell him to blow up the death star

Huh they got a mage in the anime? How does that work with the whole church thing?

I mean, she's one of the playable characters in Castlevania 3.

You mean hunted down by the Jews and handed over to the Church with a list of false charges.

That would have made it a lot better than it actually is. One of the things that actually makes me mad about the serie is that it tried it's hardest to attract normalfags instead of the Castlevania fanbase and it succeeded. If Konami ever decides to do something with Castlevania again they will follow this bullshit. Instead of doing the reasonable and make 2 games, one Metroidvania and one Classicvania

In the game the church have some special witches to deal with shit like Dracula.

Hmm, I dunno…

You know, I just wished that Trevor fought more against demons and supernatural creatures more than he does against corrupt priests. That would have been more entertaining to watch…

I imagine that happens in Season 2, coming out next year.
This was more or less just the prologue to the story.

That animation was really fucking good. Especially the first episode. There are moments where shit gets stiff, but that's usual of all anime style shows (even though this is American).

Was this really animated by Americans? No outside Korean or Japanese help? Cause if so, holy shit. Why don't we just do this more often. Forget the cheaply made Family Guys and Archers. Let's make high quality, narrative based adult animated series. Netflix has the money for it. I bet HBO has it too.

I hope it enjoys great succed, so that it can pave the way for more series like it.

Im pretty sure the usual North Korean slaves did it. It was all right, pretty generic and doesn't follow the games well, writer has a bad habit of recycling the whole Church is bad cliche, when in the games they call upon the Belmonts to slay Dracula using holy water and crosses. Hell the reason why Dracula takes the girl originally is because it reminded him of his past wife. This is basically Simons quest the Animated feature. I personally hope it fails not because of its quality, mostly just for Netflix and their habit of slowly injecting unnecessary commentary also Warren Ellis is a pretty mediocre writer.

At this rate, it'll only be near the end and we'll be lucky if they actually explore the main castle.

Hey Holla Forums

Korean studio likely. Even the Japs outsource their stuff to Korea a lot.

You've must a missed the other 100 posts in the thread misinterpreting the christian themes. Do you think the catholic church, especially in a medieval setting, wasn't corrupt? Did you miss the whole protestant uprising? To believe inn God and follow his message isn't evil. But to corrupt it's message and do evil in his name is a bad thing.

The corrupted priests got what was coming to them. And there was a good priest. It shows this because he wasn't corrupt.

Hellsing and a lot of other anime (even though this isn't anime) also tend to portray the Church in a not so positive light. Is anime anti-christian for this?

Yeah mostly, I've been in the Holla Forums threads. I mostly came here after a massive goon invasion came screaming christ-cuck from the top of their lungs forcing Mark to nuke them. The particular writer has a history of doing the whole church cliche and most Japanese dont actually understand Christianity (Eva being a primary example), but this is being developed by a western team so it would fall on them to make a decent story.

Also recently there's a show out in nip land where a group of catholic priests have to investigate so called miracles. Drawn by yaoi artist but so far i really haven't heard anything bad about it.

Well that a Yaoi artist made it is probably a bad sign for one. If it's not a bad show it won't be good. I know, I watched Yuri on Ice. It was just like any other trashy rom-com, but with homoerotism and a lot of really stupid dialogue. Also men don't act like that. Not even gay guys. It was embarassing.

But yes on the subject of Castlevania it really isn't anti-christian. Just anti-corruption. And corruption and the church usually go hand in hand in stuff like this but there is always that one good priest and God judging people for being corrupt.

It would be fedora, if it actually denied God's existence or portrayed him as evil. But we know God is real in this universe and is good. I'll wait for season 2 to see more of that.

Oh, I'm sure it was outsourced to a Korean studio (check the credits, I'll have to rewatch to pin down the exact studio), but Powerhouse Studios didn't just do preproduction, they actually had talent on hand who did keyframes that the Koreans rendered out. Namely, Samuel Deats, Spencer Wan, and Patrick Stannard. (And now that I'm looking more things up, Cookiefication worked on the project too? Sweet.)

On a side note, it really tears at my heart that people know so little about animation and the creative process and yet presume that they know so much about it. Can't name the animator, can't name the studio, doesn't know for certain what the outsourced Korean studio did…

Why just one good priest and not more? Why no nuance or was that cut for the goat fucking conversation

Its animated adaption of a video gsme, people ask for entertainment not realism.

This shit is beyond mere tipping, they've removed the fedora and flipped it back onto their head.>>886163

The one good priest was just there to show that even among the corruption there was still one guy that hadn't lost his touch with god after everything that happened. Just needlessly adding more priests and showing they were good too would've just fucked up the runtime of an already short series.

Then why include them? They weren't even relevant in the games.

They needed holy water, a sub-weapon of the game. With the good priest you both get the sub-weapon and show this isn't completely fedora.

Just finished watching. All in all pretty good, but it didn't really feel much like Castlevania. Half of it was just shitting on the church, and okay, sure, there's a place for that, namely Berserk, but a Castlevania thing seems an odd place to be putting that message, being as it's always been a series about upstanding christian men fighting evil with the help of crucifixes and holy water. And then there's the fact that there were surprisingly few monsters. Trevor spends most of the series fighting other humans, and when we do get to the monsters it's just a cyclops and some generic looking demons. No skeletons, no fleamen, nothing quintessentially Castlevania. I'm kind of confused as to how this whole thing came together. I would say it was just some other project that had the Castlevania name slapped on it for the sake of brand recognition, if it weren't for the fact that it does seem to be semi following the plot of Castlevania 3.

It was alright.

It was an alright Berserk fan-film that was called Castlevania for some reason.

Basically, hopefully they'll improve in season 2 but i doubt it.

There's such a wide variety of enemies in the games.That's one of the appeals for me at lest seeing what creature is in the next section.

This. The bestiary is the most interesting part of the games after SOTN, but sadly this isn't based off SOTN or any of the games after that. The monster selection in classicvanias is really bland, mostly based on basic things like zombies and skeletons, then you get bosses like a giant bat, Medusa, Frankenstein's monster, a mummy and a werewolf, if I'm not mistaken. It's all pretty bland.
The church as antagonist would have been nice for a single episode. Then again, one of the worst thing is that they didn't eve tried to antagonize Dracula. I get it, the church is shit and it to be blamed, but Dracula is the one destroying the whole country with fucking demons.