Hemp/Cannabis Discussion

Hemp/Cannabis Discussion

Hemp is so much more than a drug used by degenerate escapists, though it seems to be conflated with the image of those people. To me this is not only unfortunate, but unjust.

I myself enjoy cannabis on occasion, and consider it a medicine to be used in moderation, and not a daily escape or dependency. It comes with its own set of costs and benefits. I'm here to encourage Holla Forums not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

From a purely industrial point of view, hemp is an amazing crop. It has been grown for thousands of years across all major [un-permafrost] continents. The seeds of the hemp plant contain all essential amino acids for life, and the plant contains not just durable, useful fibers; but also the interior pith of the plant can be used to create 'hempcrete', which will become a major technology with the dwindling resources of sharp sand for traditional concrete. It is also 1/8 the weight of concrete, and floats in water. You could literally cast ships, barges, shelters, etc. out of non-toxic hempcrete. Safe for white children and families over the long term, unlike the formaldehyde-laced plywood and rot-prone gypsum board so endemic in today's homes.

There are non-psychoactive hemp varieties, but a real opportunity is in medical and recreational states. Allow me to expand on that: Each year, after harvest of their buds which represent only a small portion of the plant, the valuable stems themselves are considered waste, and often burnt or left to rot. That waste stream could be turned into a valuable profit center in green building. If a Holla Forumslack could finance this idea, it would generate major cashflow, and the input cost is very low. See pic related for some ideas.

We can literally grow our homes, Holla Forums. This should be the cornerstone of our civilization, as it was during the age of sail. Henry Ford, an undoubtedly redpilled guy, produced a car made from hemp and vegetable plastics and fuels.

We can all agree degeneracy sucks, but the heart of the drug problem and escapism in the US has been the utterly bleak situation economically coupled with the rise of the welfare state and gibs supporting a lazy, aloof lifestyle. Build jobs and pull the plug on welfare and watch a lot of that self-destructive behaviour dry up and blow away in the wind.

What are you doing to help fuel the hemp boom of the Roaring 2020's?

Once the establishment is forced to cave on this, how long until we're using Tesla tech?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfn.org/Press-Room/News-Release-Archives/2014/Brain-Changes-Are-Associated-with-Casual-Marijuana-Use-in-Young-Adults
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_dependence
telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9426205/Cannabis-smoking-permanently-lowers-IQ.html
netce.com/coursecontent.php?courseid=852
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
westernspring.co.uk/cannabis-use-steals-8-iq-points-from-the-teenage-mind/
pnas.org/content/early/2014/07/10/1411228111.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2720277/
alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm
theroadout.org/drug_information/marijuana/long_and_short_term_effects_of_marijuana_use.html
huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html?ir=Healthy Living
en.metapedia.org/wiki/Marijuana
uk.news.yahoo.com/marijuana-may-cause-heart-problems-young-adults-195750879.html#SFmiiCx
news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/marijuana.html
reuters.com/article/2012/09/11/us-marijuana-cancer-idUSBRE88A03720120911
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283/
pnas.org/content/early/2012/08/22/1206820109.short
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleid=177137#SEC6
newswise.com/articles/view/621566/
latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-regular-marijuana-shrinks-brain-20141110-story.html
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.40081.x/full
futurity.org/teen-marijuana-abuse/
washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/09/09/study-teens-who-smoke-weed-daily-are-60-less-likely-to-complete-high-school-than-those-who-never-use
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-British-expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Cannabidiol
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gas your self.

Oh wow, these threads are almost as good as the vacine "discussions" we have.
I can't wait to read str8 X internet tough guys shitting up any reasonable discussion for 500 posts.

Aye, it's a long shot. I'm just hoping for a few diamonds in the rough.

Fun fact: Most hard modern drugs were discovered by Germans.

Are cannabinoids actually known to help any disease? I vape weed almost daily, I find it more of a way to change my perspective. Im the happiest ive ever been and the most self confidence ive ever had. I feel other things played into it, including a lsd microdose this summer in a relaxed environment in the mountains.

Curious about hemp/cannabis. I prefer strains high in CBD, the painkilling/antiinflammitory component in weed that doesn't produce psychoactive effects. High THC weed just fucks your brain. Especially nowadays with designer weed strains.

German science, engineering, and chemistry gave us much of our modern conveniences. It was a sort of Golden Age. I'll be posting another thread shortly looking for surviving copies of pre-war German textbooks. I think it would be amazing to get a look at some of the pre-kosher science.

Also, smarter people do more drugs than dumb people. Pot does rob you of your initiative and drive in life you smoke it too much though, I get that.

I think you just answered your own question. Maybe some other anons who know more than I can expand on that.

what a non-post, have some content next time bud

I fucking hate this "lol weed is a miracle cure duuuuude" shit. Yea, it has some uses as a painkiller or to induce hunger in, say, cancer patients but it's not some super secret forgotten cure-it-all that some people in the stoner community make it out to be.

It's just a fucking plant.

>women everybody starts crying

The only acceptable Holla Forums drug is obviously meth. Gotta have that good old Panzerschokolade to be at 110% efficiency when the Day of the Rope comes.

Ironically I find my initaitive higher, though I kinda fog out with the action itself [why the fuck did I come in here?]. I think the key is dosing low enough.

Wasted quads…

Even if you just consider it on its non-medicinal uses, it's a miracle duuuuude. It's a plant you can make housing out of and survive off of exclusively.

Thats not what im saying, I just wonder what the benefits vs risks are.

If credible studies proved weed to be harmful id have no issue putting it down.

Brain Changes Are Associated with Casual Marijuana Use in Young Adults
sfn.org/Press-Room/News-Release-Archives/2014/Brain-Changes-Are-Associated-with-Casual-Marijuana-Use-in-Young-Adults

Cannabis Dependence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_dependence

Cannabis Smoking 'Permanently Lowers IQ'
telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9426205/Cannabis-smoking-permanently-lowers-IQ.html

Cannabis Use, Abuse, and Dependence
netce.com/coursecontent.php?courseid=852

Cannabis Use and Risk of Lung Cancer
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/

Cannabis Use Steals 8 IQ Points from the Teenage Mind
westernspring.co.uk/cannabis-use-steals-8-iq-points-from-the-teenage-mind/

Decreased dopamine brain reactivity in marijuana abusers is associated with negative emotionality and addiction severity
pnas.org/content/early/2014/07/10/1411228111.abstract

Effects of Marijuana Smoking on Pulmonary Function and Respiratory Complications
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2720277/

The Health Effects of Marijuana
alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

Long and Short Term Effects of Marijuana Use
theroadout.org/drug_information/marijuana/long_and_short_term_effects_of_marijuana_use.html

Longtime Marijuana Use Linked With Decreased Motivation, Study Finds
huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html?ir=Healthy Living

Marijuana
en.metapedia.org/wiki/Marijuana

Marijuana May Cause Heart Problems in Young Adults
uk.news.yahoo.com/marijuana-may-cause-heart-problems-young-adults-195750879.html#SFmiiCx

Marijuana Said to Trigger Heart Attacks
news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/marijuana.html

Marijuana Smoking Tied to Testicular Cancer
reuters.com/article/2012/09/11/us-marijuana-cancer-idUSBRE88A03720120911

Marijuana Use and Risk of Lung Cancer
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283/

Persistent Cannabis Users Show Neuropsychological Decline from Childhood to Midlife
pnas.org/content/early/2012/08/22/1206820109.short

Review of the Validity and Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleid=177137#SEC6

Regular Marijuana Use Bad for Teens’ Brains
newswise.com/articles/view/621566/

Regular Pot Smokers Have Shrunken Brains, Study Says
latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-regular-marijuana-shrinks-brain-20141110-story.html

Respiratory Effects of Marijuana and Tobacco Use in a U.S. Sample
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.40081.x/full

Teen Marijuana Use Linked with Schizophrenia
futurity.org/teen-marijuana-abuse/

Teens Who Smoke Weed Daily are 60% Less Likely to Complete High School Than Those Who Never Use
washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/09/09/study-teens-who-smoke-weed-daily-are-60-less-likely-to-complete-high-school-than-those-who-never-use

The Terrible Truth About Cannabis
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-British-expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html

Oh I wasn't referring specifically to you. I was just pointing out that a lot of people think it's way more important than it actually is.

sage

(chKeKed)

I see you chose quality over quantity there.

Don't cite the dailymail and expect to win.

HAHAHA I fucked up, I meant the reverse, honestly yes im stoned.

dude weed lmao

What about ingesting cannabis? Isn't that healthier than inhaling it?

You're posting entry level shit on 8/pol/. This is like talking about addition in a physics forum, you fucking newfag. You're being made fun of because OP is obviously some fucking dude weed lmao highschooler or college freshman. This thread is shit and so are you.

That's a lot of typing for a non argument. :^)

Haha I'm a businessman and farmer. 4 hour workweek-tier. I wake up and love the life and family I've built.

You're job called, said if you're late again you have to stand in line with the niggers at the unemployment office. Oh, and no smoking weed.

Why don't you read through some of these abstracts.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Cannabidiol

I think cannabinoids are important because "The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a major lipid signalling network that plays important pro-homeostatic (allostatic) roles not only in the nervous system but also in peripheral organs. There is increasing evidence that there is a dietary component in the modulation of the ECS. Cannabinoid receptors in hominids co-evolved with diet, and the ECS constitutes a feedback loop for food selection and energy metabolism. Here, it is postulated that the mismatch of ancient lipid genes of hunter-gatherers and pastoralists with the high-carbohydrate diet introduced by agriculture could be compensated for via dietary modulation of the ECS. In addition to the fatty acid precursors of endocannabinoids, the potential role of dietary cannabimimetic phytochemicals in agriculturist nutrition is discussed. Dietary secondary metabolites from vegetables and spices able to enhance the activity of cannabinoid-type 2 (CB2 ) receptors may provide adaptive metabolic advantages and counteract inflammation."

Other plants that have cannabiniods and have also been used in medicine for many years: Echinacea, Acmella oleracea , Helichrysum umbraculigerum, Radula marginata, Theobroma cacao, Piper nigrum

You proved him correct.

muh pot.

pathetic.

Maybe the mods can explain their rationale behind the bumplock?

Between this info graphic and knowing mods == kikes that is all you need to know.

You dont get to tell me what to do.