What are Holla Forums's thoughts on the short lived Clerks: The Animated Series?

What are Holla Forums's thoughts on the short lived Clerks: The Animated Series?

I like it, didnt see it when it was on tv though
it might help that clerks is one of my favorite movies

Terrible, nothing at all like the movie it's named after. It might've been good, but the network that produced it put way too many restrictions on it.

second episode was a clip show. that tells you the quality we're talking about

It's pretty good, better than the movie IMO. The clipshow episode's the best one

Great post, contrarian/10.

HOW CAN THAT BE

I thought it was great but they milked the setting too much.

My friend got me into it a really long time ago so now it just gives me nostalgia. I really liked it, wish there could have been more of it

Saw it on adult swim once. Kind of meh about the show. Never saw the movie.

Is it safe?

I think it's fantastic. Obviously nothing like the movie, but it has a witty sense of humor and some hilarious meta jokes. I'm biased cause i watched it when i was young but the fact that the second episode is a clip show episode is still one of my favorite meta-jokes in anything.
Plus it's extremely quotable.

Unfunny garbage, like everything Kevin Smith ever produced.

It's safe. It's very safe.

Is it safe?

Listen, are you gonna come out or what?!

From what I remember it was pretty good

Is it safe?

I love the movie, but the cartoon was garbage.

That's the joke

Anyway, in retrospect I'm glad there was never a revival like Family Guy. It feels like most of its legacy comes from it being "better than you would expect".

enjoyable, even if it was forced to keep it relatively clean
rather impressed they got away with saying fag on lower 13 television with the anti-gay connotation attached

It puts the lotion in the basket

Better than anything else Clerks, which isn't saying much.