Power Rangers Annual and Issue #16

So this is getting slightly complicated,
There's:
A comic based on this year's movie… is very boring, kinda like the movie itself so I guess is a fair comic.
Seems beyond retarded and won't look at it until proven otherwise.
The current iteration of PR comics, its edgier but I dare to say that it knows how to be edgy and where to respect the original material… unlike certain recent movie but it seems that is ending in issue #18 for the looks of that there's a new series announced.
A spin off to the one just mentioned, is okay 6/10, noticeably pozzed but slightly at it and doesn't focuses on that.
The newest series that is starting this July, it has the same artist that did PINK and looks pretty fucking stupid compared to this one… and is MMPR AGAIN, either POZZES the well or is lolsoquirky.

Anyways in the last issue we got the Zordons from both dimensions interacting with each other in the Morphing Grid, the one that failed to convince Tommy to leave Rita's side and the one from the series, showing scenes of how the wars were battled until Rita gained control of the earth and Tommy turned into Drakkon, but this only elevated our Zordon's hopes as he realizes how different Tommy has been from their side since then.

AND NOW THE ANNUAL SPECIAL

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Z7EgX
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SvCovIUAI2T1hSVXZhbnhBZTA/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SvCovIUAI2X1lEbXNJLVVYRU0/view?usp=drivesdk
archive.is/xfYwq
archive.is/jvmDA
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byrce9WlDzqddUNJMDNSY3AzY00
pirateproxy.cc//torrent/6728601/Power_Rangers__(The_Complete_Collector_s_Edition)
twitter.com/Hyper_RPG/status/921806498166013952
twitch.tv/hyperrpg
comicbook.com/powerrangers/2017/10/23/power-rangers-abandons-movie-logo-trademark/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now a Trinni story, fair enough she hasn't been that present in the comic.

Trini*

Now, Zack has had more protagonism, but not as much as in the beginning of the comic and he's been out of focus quite some time.

I think is great they got "The Fresh Prince" to appear in this comic.

Now a Finster comic… yay Finster…

yay… Finster?

So yeah… that's some levity…
I have to step out of the house for 25 minutes or so, I'll come back with the next issue.

God damn, trini looks cute

So issue 16 and the last one before the next BOOM series starts.

A good question is why they don't have a series that runs parallel to the current PR season, Ninja Steel, to try drum up viewers.

huh, they actually did it, they finished it by Issue 16.
It does feels a little rushed, like if it was pushed foward two issues from the 18 to make it just in time for the premiere of the new series.
Also, to be continued? Do they plan to have two series at the same time or is the new one a continuation?
Anyways, that was the Drakkon arc.
Hope you like it, discuss it.

IDK, I would pay money to get an SPD comic.
Any idea how Ninja Steel is?
After Dinocharge I want to give them a chance but I don't wanna fall into Megaforce territory.
It says "To be continue" I really hope THIS comic doens't stop but I hope it to be a fresh new arc.
AND TO NEW PR SERIES TO NOT OBVIOUSLY RUSH THE ENDING

Dino Charge and Super Charge were top-tier. I was wary about the """diverse cast""", but they didn't really shove it down your throat and the characters all had good development arcs.
Apparently Ninja Steel is pretty average, but I'm yet to start watching it. Might go start that now, actually.

Above average, it just looks really good after the past 4 seasons.
But do you know they're from New Zealand?

I enjoyed Chase's constant reminders about New Zealand. Probably because I'm from Australia.
He probably got more love than any other team members.

Tom Taylor is such a faggot. This is the asshole that writes All-New Wolverine and said he wasn't going to go to a convention in Seattle because he was worried about Trump's deportation policies, even though he's a white Aussie and no one is trying to keep him out.
So of course he can't just have Trini beat up someone and have that be well enough. No, he has to have everyone stand around be surprised a girl could do something on her own and, of course, she's smug about it.

I did noticed something weird when Trini was being smug.
I'm not going to pretend the original characters weren't plain as wood and you can turn them into anything but it goes against this characterization.
Also that borderline Hellcat beginning.

Wut?

Thanks for the storytime user.

He's just a dumbass

archive.is/Z7EgX
Gail Simone got interested in the PR movie and now wants to write the comics….
FUCK

Power rangers movie getting a sequel?

Dvd sales are doing good.

Bumping because the new comic and series should be out in the next week at least.

Lemme help ya keep this alive a little then.

Do y'all think they'll adapt the newest Sentai or just leave it hanging like a few others? I mean the Power Ranger "adaptations" were never super great or anything but the past few have been super terrible. Like beyond a so bad it's good level. If they did adapt Kyuranger, it'd likely be very very poorly done. Still, might be fun to speculate if they'll do it or where they'd go with it.

Hey anons. I wrote some ideas about some toku. Since I'm not going to do anything with them right now I might as well share them. One have a Super Sentai dynamic and the other one have a Kamen Rider dynamic. Just to keep the thread alive, I hope.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SvCovIUAI2T1hSVXZhbnhBZTA/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SvCovIUAI2X1lEbXNJLVVYRU0/view?usp=drivesdk

No, it's just really bad. Dumb fucks at Saban tried really hard to replicate whatever made MMPR popular down to the opening song and it fucking failed. They are lucky there are some autists like myself that still like Power Ranger, but they are mot willing in expend a single penny to make it better. A lot of people thought Saban was going to do it right again, but they didn't, I don't get exactly why, though.
Also I'd love for this sentai to come here but I'm worried under what circumstances. I'd love for it to finally be something like Hexagon. I don't mind if they pander to nostalgia, but I think what people liked aboht the old ones is the extensive lore. Other than that, they should stop being cheap fucks or at east give some depth to the story like Space through Wild Force did, but by then it was mostly Disney.

The real way to make an american toku… is just to make something original with the help of toku writers/costumers. But kikes like Saban unfortunately made the splicing process the only foreseeable method. Personally I wouldn't want to see Power Rangers continue. But it will. Sadly will.

The Aquabats tried, they got good ratings too, but the network they were on died and were reluctant to advertise the show or make merchandise.

True. They can just make a 1:1 adaption of Kyuranger, doing a dub with some minor localization Riceballs are donuts. That would be better than the usual formula, that worked nicely in the 90s but it's really cheap now.
To be fair, the west tried and the result is the horrible PR movie. They just don't get what makes tokusatsu great. Also, is not like all Power Rangers are bad, you have some fantastic master pieces like Lightspeed Rescue, SPD and RPM that are mostly western. SPD is a sad case where the budget was burnt but the first few episodes were probably the best Power Rangers ever had.
Also, kyuranger design was consulted with people involved with Power Ranger since japs ran out of ideas.

It was to have a more american hero sort of look. Which means it's more than likely from the start meant to become a spliced Ranger show. It really has to be a hardcore collaboration for there to be a full on American Tokusatsu to happen and understand the core of it all.

The first one was fine, the new one played it too safe in normalfag terms. It didnt embrace PR far enough, even the original mmpr actors complained they did some things badly. Saban is just terrible in picking the write people to make a film and blew their budget too. They just needed to get some old writers from the past and have them work on the film, not fuck up the designs as they did and not go full grim dark.

If there's ever a sequel, they're going to pull a tmnt 2 and try a soft reboot.

They remind me of the costumes they did for the first movie. Little details everywhere but everything is solid. It's a nice design.

The first one is one of my favorite movies but suffer from the same thing the new movie did: You barely see the transformation at all. In the first one they literally use the costumes in a single action scene, which admittedly is really damn good, but that's about it, the rest is them dicking around until the very end that they use the zords. You can say the same about the new one but the difference is the first one had them going on an adventure to retrieve their powers, while the new one is about stupid teenager problems. I swear I almost fell asleep watching. It had the same tone as that movie with the guys with psychic powers, and the plot is just terrible, I didn't even liked Rita, let alone Goldar.
The problem is that, as you said, the writers either blow the budget or are passionate retards that grasp too much. To be honest, I agree with the other user, if they want to do it good, they have to work with the japs. Also, to be fair, the new movie was a money sink too, and it didn't achieve much, although I think it was successful of sorts.
I don't think I watched TMNT and god knows I don't want to

The costumes looked to blocky for me and the cgi was terrible.
Its an origin story and Rita was fine the actress that played her was great.

Toy and dvd sales saved it, the second TMNT film was better than the first but it pacing problems and some bad story elements.

But it sucked

Could've been worse.

I'll be uploading the newest issue.
According to BOOM the new series is already out but couldn't find the issue anywhere.

If you ask me I believe this particular series has achieved a legit PG feel without being too in your face "Edgier than TV-Y7" about it.

So is that new comic out? July is almost over.
Don't tell me Kate Leth is involved.

Thanks user

Wait I though the main comic was over?

No, just the Drakkon arc
, but there was going to be this other comic at the same time (Last page) that was due to come out this month,

Oh thanks

GO GO POWER RANGERS looks like shit, but Mighty Morphin Power Rangers looks fucking awesome.
So already being mildly successful with their current Power Rangers comic BOOM! studios made the wise choice of start other comic series… of the same property entirely… yeah, not even other Power Rangers gen or something.

Okay, first.
Go Go Power Rangers
archive.is/xfYwq
You say that you loved how the MMPR comic took something you already knew the green ranger struggle to fit and dwelled deeper into it, making it more realistic but not jumping into 2edgy4u territory and when it did it was to reinforce the campy fun stuff from the original, going for the whole deconstruction & reconstruction cycle.
Well fuck that, now you have:

One the other side of the coin.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
archive.is/jvmDA
Currently on issue #17, starting on issue 20 is not clear if just an issue, small arc or long arc, there's going to be focus on a new team of rangers back in the year of 1969, the team will consist of.
With Rita still trapped on the moon, it seems that we're going to experience a main new antagonist on the front just like the last arc with Drakkon but hints tell that it might be related to the Psycho Rangers.

THey're gonna make Billy fucking gay, aren't they?

I'm worried that GGPR takes MMPR down with it.

Oh, you just know which one will get more popular and which one will get fans that yell louder to the BOOM! execs.

That shit is going to end both comics isn't it.
And then you know who'll they blame.

So I'm assuming the russian rangers will still be in the MMPR forms and not something new?

I really hope is something new, but plotwise there's absolutely no reason for not to be the MMPR suits since they're still using the Dino Coins, but then again, the head NASA secretary is 21 so…

btw GGPR comes out tomorrow it seems and I have nothing to do that day, afaik, so if its out I'll storytime that apparent shitshow.

A little too early for them

To be fair, the story before has been pretty fast paced. Not rushed per say but it went by quickly with so much happening.

They still need to do Zeo first.

It's doubtful they will. It's obviously seperate from the rest of the universe that the tv shows made. It seems likely they're just milk the first group forever till they stop making money.

I just want my SPD, but idk if Saban has the rights to the Disney seasons.
I thought it was because its very hard to explain how you can have crossovers between gens every year without explaining how the morphing grid tolerates that if it struggled with just two pink rangers.

Shame really.

I Think they do.

Why do people hate Boom! again?

Most of their stuff ain't super great. They publish their share of SJW crap too.

Well fuck.

Their ppr has been oddly pretty good

They're alright, nothing amazing.

It was supposed to come out today but it seems this shitshow is crashing before it starts.

So the new comic's up

Man, what a great fight.. I would've loved to watch it, but the self-referential comments splattered all over the page tots make up for it.

Jeez Jason, careful with those moodswings.

… and we have expository tracks, even as a new reader I would've loved to discover their personalities along the way but at least it gives more time for action scenes….

Was Trini always this nerdy, I mean I know she's second to Billy in that department but I thought she had a swing for medicine.

I like Matt, he's nice, simple, offers to help Billy as presentation… he's going to fucking die isn't he?

I just realized, Trini is 15… so we're going by Japanese rules when we say she's hot right?

The fuck's that phone?

I really like Matt. please don't kill him.

Wait, wasn't Jason all broody and careful?
Why is he so enthusiastic and desperate?

Ok, now, here comes the badassery and WE'RE FIGHTING A PUTTY ARMY.
Fuck Yeah.

Ok, maybe not… but at least we're fighting Gold… wait, no…
sigh
Wait, where's the putty army? Did they stopped at the entrance?

Well this was #1 of GGPR, it was… underwhelming, in every sense of the word, not even as bad as I expected it, just meh.
Hope you like it?

The one thing that gets me mad is this page.

>"Oh my god, I get to drive a giant robot dinosaur but also - I have geometry homework"

Also the third answer is literally.

???

Dan Mora looks like a total bro though.

It was in an episode.

So that was just a reference right?

Yes and no. It's not like the whole serie had stellar writing.

yep

That's pretty shitty considering how h they can do with the other eras, specially since In Space saved the franchise. You have
>Galactic police with talking dog ranger with hot cat ranger
Then some Ninjas, Samurais and Pirates But nobody gives a shit about them
Just to name a few. MMPR is good, nostalgic, iconic, that's cool, but PR could be more than that and these people seems like they get it, or maybe not considering how Go Go Power Rangers looks like.

That was supposed to be explained in Hexagon. I doubt Amit Bhaumik is involved in these comics, is he? I'm pretty sure he don't since he'd push for a more zordon era oriented story.

Shows about super heroes in spandex back then aren't the money drivers they are today, Saban played the wrong cards and are late to the party.

They are? I'd understand capes, but spandex were always niche and I'm willing to say only liked by the people who grew with it, even if that led to toku. Saban always played it safe because they didn't understand what made the show great, so when they didn't play safe they spent way more than what they expected.
Also, how would PR be today if Stan Lee imported Sun Vulcan?

IMPLICATIONS

not bad

I just lurked what the fuck Hexagon was, looks like a steaming pile waiting to assplode. Were they seriously trying to tie all the loose ends of the Zordon era?
Besides, as much "meh" Ninja Storm was, Hurricaneger style really fits it, mostly because is a carbon copy, also SPD was a lot of what Hexagon was supposed to be anyways.

One of my first faps fam.

Yes and hexagon was a good idea, considering they had the in space guys behind it, if theyve gotten their funds they could've pulled it off.

It wasn't done exactly because Amir is an autist, even though he genuinely love and understands what people liked the franchise basically early DEEPEST LORE which is why In Space saved the franchise. The idea wasn't that bad because those loose ends sucks, and at the time people were still willing to ee a closure. Everything was in place after Forever Red. It sounds a lot better than the last episode of Super megaforce anyway.

I would have liked Hexagon a lot more, specially after how cool Forever Red was, even if it didn't delivered for the hype. The only good part of Ninja Storm was Lothor, it was weird as fuck, it didn't know if it was comedy or what, and the production quality is not as good compared to Wild Force.
That's about it, but maybe that's why is one of the best seasons. But it's nothing like deepest lore. I wonder why Power Rangers is afraid to bring back old rangers. They were all one hit wonders, so they probably would work for cheap. I do want a lot of teams too, either if the old ones or random ones. The latest sentai is pretty good in adding more sentais than normal.

Too expensive for (((Saban))). Imagine how much it would cost at the time to bring back some of the old rangers and then all of them, plus the new scenes they probably had to shoot wearing the suits, which is even more expensive, plus bringing back old monsters like Daisatan.
Maybe it can be done via comic. I'd be content with that and an original team of Rangers.

Reminder that Disney was too cheap to hire an adult actor, not even on Merrick tier acting.

Do you guys know if there's an HD release, I'm not expecting some HDR 4K stuff, just a basic 1080p release. For the apparent looks of it, it looks like the Disney seasons were recorded on film rather than video, I might be wrong but the framerate didn't had that soap opera effect the original (((Saban))) seasons had.

MMPR is on the fucking spot regarding characterization, I'm so hyped about the soviet rangers in issue 20.
tbh was pretty boring, idk if MMPR set the bar too high or GGPR is just bad.

Was that the excuse for the fucking ball of light?

… and the fact that Omega Ranger was apparently mute.

Don't count on it.

Thanks Satan.

Money, its always money

They didnt want to hire another actor

It's either (((Saban))) or (((Disney))). There's no miss. Actually, the whole story behind SPD is hilarious.
Which is why you end up with a mute ball of light and the shitty crossover.

Sentai and tokusatsu in general should be left to the Japanese and fans that actually understand the shows. Kikes like Disney and Saban did nothing but make overly cheap copies stiched together from the corpses of the original sentai. It's downright insulting.

In a perfect world, that would be the case. Unfortunately, money us a legitimate excuse. Then again, the PR movie exists and it's utter shit even though a lot of money was probably sank on it.
I don't particularly mind the "borrow scenes from tokusatsu" part because is cheaper and that's how MMPR started, but there's so much you can do with it. As I see it, you can try to recollect as much fighting scenes from SS you can first, then try to fit them in your storyline, and if something doesn't, you do your thing. If you are going to do that, you might as well just do your own thing, and PR movie is the proof it can be done, even if it was done badly.

JUST

Something original can be done, dubsman. The problem lies both with money and (((Hollywood))) execs not understanding a damn thing about what makes the genre actually good. So you end up with edgy Michael Bay sellout garbage like the PR movie. Granted, Sentai and toku movies in Japan aren't high art either. But that's okay. Because they're usually fun and made with passion. Combined passion with a hollywood budget and you could set a new standard for years to come. But that's a far off dream….

Sequel here we come

What series was it?

Is Mystic Force tier as worse, is definetely better than Megaforce, then again that's not much of an accomplishment.

I'm talking about Super Sentai. The japanese tokusatsu shows that were butchered to make Power Rangers.

I know but which specific ones in that area were bad.

Dunno as I've seen very little sentai movies. I'm more in Kamen Rider.

Fuck you, I can't know everything.

I think all PR needs is good acting, and better writing for character development to give a single shit about the team or what is going on. Nothing stellar, but not on the levels of the latest seasons where everyone is as bland as a cardboard.
I felt engaged any time the Timer Force Red Ranger's father was against him without knowing it was his son and his own struggle with his disease, it was quite nice, same with the pink ranger relationship with the red ranger and the guy that looks like him in the future. When you play it too safe, it's just boring, even for kids.

That's the problem. Mystic Force was bland and boring, it didn't had absolutely anything for it to stand out. It's not a problem of just writing. Visuals were always fucking blue and gritty and the sound was too low, just like the PR movie. There was no impact whatsoever so no damn reason to watch it. As for Megaforce, it was the interpretation of suits about what made the original MMPR good, same with Samurai, and even pandered long time fans with Bulk. The characters and everything was boring, and instead of acting all they did was like laughing and saying stupid shit, and to be fair, that seemed to be a thing in the original PR, just like this
The difference is that MMPR you usually just cared about Tommy, Jason and Kimberly love triangle and at those times it gets interesting, but you still cared about Billy because he was lovely, for example, and the yellow ranger, neither the asian or the nigger, did anything to stand out. The reason In Space was more popular was the amount of drama in their final objective of saving Gordon, that always built tension over the whole serie, and the episodes where they just fucked around were the worst ones. I always thought filler episodes could be used to further character development, because they're not bad, you just have no reason to watch them, not like every single detail should matter, but expose the public to some character further should be nice, like SPD.

user is right, you usually feel how high spirited toku in general is, no matter how cheesy, in fact, that's actually part of it. Embed related. Kamen Rider used to be directed to families, not only kids, which is why it's usually more passionate than Super Sentai, which is a blatant kid's show.
That being said, I think Power Ranger is made with a lot more passion at times than Super Sentai ever was. Kamen Rider is regarded in Japan as an icon rather than Super Sentai for a reason, so it's nice that Power Rangers turned that around in the west. The whole idea of Hexagon is proof of that.

I meant Zordon. Dunno why I wrote Gordon, but I chuckled.

See the problem is the passion doesn't come across when the acting is terrible and the show is even cheaper than Super Sentai just in general. Which is a big fault when it's in the hands of Disney or Saban who want to hoard as many shekels as they can. So that means bad actors, bad simple plotlines, few to no original suit footage use, etc.

But I will say that Power Rangers does or rather did have hits of passion back in the day. I still remember a few bits of SPD well. Particularly the part where a prisoner tricks the blue ranger into crying over, I believe, his father so he can escape in his tear. That stuck with me for some reason. SPD in general just felt like they actually gave a damn to make something new.

Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. You can have 90% using recycled scenes and you can still try really hard to make it good, and honestly that have quite succeeded, but that makes you wonder what could happen if PR because it's own standalone thing. For producers, Power Rangers is "Cheap but hard to make float", and if you apply that analogy to boats, no one will ever want a boat like that unless they really like boats.

To be fair, Disney tried, they sank in quite more money than Saban ever did. At the time of Lightspeed Rescue, Disney already started to invest a bit more on it, and the quality noticeably improved, with better plots, acting and development. The problem is that Disney wanted to make it more marketable for kids and they started to add their shitty Disney™ tropes and music and dumbed down the plots, and you see that slow regression from Ninja Storm to the godawful thing Mystic Force was, which was the bottom of the barrel. In fact, the less Disney execs did, the better it turned, like RPM and even SPD or Dino Thunder.
Same, I remember a lot about the Green Ranger even though I've not seen SPD in a long time, you can notice how all the characters are even more memorable than the original MMPR even though it was a short ride. SPD was the ranger season we needed, but not the one we deserved.

RPM was bretty gud for 20 episodes or so:
>The western girl was in almost every scene with the Rangers so it was obvious it wasn't stock footage.

It was SPD 2.0 but the director got canned for burning the budget and it turned into a In Space clone which was still above average.

Shit, how did I forgot blue, he's my favorite besides Green.

I'll say that the difference of RPM and SPD is that SPD was still conceived as a classic style PR season, technically would be the best/one of the best PR season, RPM was a Deconstruction for those 20 episodes IT HAD TO BE BETTER or the whole thing wouldn't work.

Still 10 days for the next MMPR comic.

Even to the little details in the intro, many bring up the rocking tune but what always catches my attention is that the chorus is a military band style of chorus and that by the end, the guitar sounds just like a police siren flare.

Man that was good.

Yeah after the original guy left they just copy and pasted in space's ending.

Any place to download the whole thing? Also is Operation Overdrive worth watching? It looks interesting.

Torrents

I still say Time Force was the last great one.

Then dont try.

Great a giant monkey head in a jar.

Daily reminder that even Max Landis' script for the movie is way better than the final product. You have to be really bad for Landis to be better than you. drive.google.com/open?id=0Byrce9WlDzqddUNJMDNSY3AzY00

I actually thought about this guy who worked in Braking Bad, you know, Malcolm's dad.

It was, you can see clearly the different quality between Time Force and Wild Force. Ii was the last overall good one, but following season had better standalone arcs, characters or premises.

Can't find it ;-;

thx for the script will help me practice my writefaggotry,
Any idea on the writing software, or is it machine? I wan't to write one character dialogue next to the other.

You can do that on word. Just double click the place you want to write in.

Look what I found.
pirateproxy.cc//torrent/6728601/Power_Rangers__(The_Complete_Collector_s_Edition)
Seems like it have all the seasons till RPM.

According to the torrent file sizes and my experience encoding videos it seems that come from different sources.,,,
High 480p or Mid 720p quality.
Mid 720p
Low-mid 480p
Mid-High 480p/Low 720p
Mid-High 480p
High 480p/Low-Mid 720p
Mid-High 720p

But I usually work with animation bitrates so it may be slightly worse than that.

No wait, I was wrong, is fucking .avi I was thinking in MKV bitrates, it looks like trash.

Thanks

Bumping for the comic that comes out in the next 7 days.

You mean next week?

No, MMPR usually comes between 12-15, GGPR at 22-30 of each month

Then say that and phrase it like a normal person…

Good to know.

The crossover specials were great.

Yeah he played Zordon

Its 14 now

Honestly most sentais are pretty bad or at least nothing but fluff. Typically each season gets 2
Only merits are when the two start fighting together. Every one of these movies is basically the same usually involving time displacement, or dimension hopping to break the teams up. Sometimes one team or ranger becomes evil but it usually goes no where.
Short and ultimately just a lead in for the Kamen Rider movie it's paired with. Only one I like is Flying Ghost Ship and that's mostly just the funny bit where cgi ghosts have a song number that ends abruptly when the Gokaigers decide to fuck off to the next scene, and the mooks of seasons past combining into a single abomination.
That said there are a few teams that were given actually good movies Dekaranger in particular has a bunch, and Gokaiger vs Gavan is my personal favorite.

So most of their films are crap?

Thanks

They are mostly cashgrab summer films, and honestly most KR movies are the same.
As much as I love tokusatsu, I must admit that for some reason or the other their stories are usually rushed by the end and yet they manage to release pointless movies that either contradict the show or have little to nothing to do with it, and that sucks. They are usually done for that sweet theater money, and since it's only japan, they are usually made cheaply too.

That doesn't mean they are all bad, they are enjoyable, but it sucks that they can do something better, I'm not even asking for better effects, just a better storyline.

Didn't a new issue, come out today?

Yeah both Super Sentai and KR movies are usually just contract made cashgrabs without real sole. Most of contradictory and make little sense. Others are bland but ultimately fine in canon. While very few are genuinely good romps that'll make you feel. It's a tragedy but it's how it is.

It's only made worse by the fact so few actors will return after their respective series is done. Type casting is a serious issue in Japan that they wanna avoid.

No, I guess they wanna release it a week before GGPR, or they asked for help from the MMPR staff.

Will wait.

Thanks user

it's weird how well Power Rangers transferred over to a semi-serious comic format. I mean, it'll be ruined by the cult eventually, but for now it's really fucking good. Makes me almost want a competent western Kamen Rider adaption, but in comic form.

The secondary Ranger comic is terrible. The movie based comic is worse than the movie. I wouldn't want Kamen Rider adapted to any american form unless they either make up something new (yeah fucking right) or only adapted the really poorly done Rider shows. So pretty much the bulk of the first half of the Heisei era. Then Wizard and Ghost.

But it's more likely they'll finally move on to the other Rangers than it is they'll adapt Kamen Rider in any way.

I hope the new rider is decent. His suit is on point, but man was Ghost and Drive mediocre. Haven't watched Ex-Aid so I don't really have an opinion on that one.

I didn't like Drive either. You're not alone there. Most agree Ex-Aid is the best show in years though. I tend to agree.

I say it could be done as long as they keep the main writers.

really!? That's a surprise. I hated the suit design so much I didn't give it a chance… perhaps it's time a remedied that.

I'm really hyped for issue #20, it seems that they have a plan at least for the next arc.

You mean ?

Yes.

last episode is already subbed go watch the series user, also unlike said ex-aid's movies and specials do tie into the series, granted the plot points are brought up in the series regardless they still do more to build up to treating the summer movie as an ending more so than past seasons. Also the Goriders miniseries is dope as shit.

Dubbing worked for Kamen Rider Kabuto. I don't know why they haven't done more of that.
ALL OF YEW

A corny but accurate dub of a live action series is fun. A dub over an anime is often very very bland.

I'm shocked Blue ranger hasn't been made gay yet

iirc a couple issues back his character struggle was that he was the cowardly ranger and he wears his ranger suit 24/7 (I hope is odorless) to feel strong and projects holographic clothes above it.
I guess that's close enough, give homage to the actor and doesn't ramps into sjw.

So while I'm glad to agree that Kyle Higgins has done a great job adapting Power Rangers for a semi-serious format, but I have to announce that… this is also the thread for GGPG

Well, at least the art is…, oh, oh no. That first page… no.

Well, at least the fights are starting, last issue had some anti-climatic cuts but at least…

Has kind of a crude style of writing, but for some reason it kinda feels well.

I don't like this Bulk and Skull, too mean for me.
I support this only if it goes all the way.

Huh, that's actually kind of cool.

That doesn't make much sense, Zordon. Unless there's been alien rangers before them in this iteration.

Well, the putties do seem to come from the movie version.

I hardly believe this Trini subplot has anything to do with anything.

Shit, I meant Kimberly.

Well, at page 21 I'm officially bored.
btw I see the monster coming Rita, you just showed it to me, there's no mystery.

Appreciate it user..

Appreciate, it user

This series is far better than it needs to be.

Really dude? GGPR?
I know it was better than expected but was still bad.

Thanks OP

No I meant the main series, I haven't been really following the spinoffs.

PR's gotten lazy lately and over-reliant on sentai footage and I uh don't think they're going to be adapting Kyurangers.

Future seasons of PR should be on Netflix by now.

Nick still has the license for a couple years.

His helmet is meant to look like a retarded lizard?

That said Nick isn't the reason we're not getting post-Zordon era type content anymore, Saban is basically the original 4kids after all. Though Nick is the reason every show is split into two 20 episode seasons.

Better than nick

Looks fine to me.

Hopefully GGPR gets canned.

That would be pretty cool to see.

New MMPR comic is out.

Multi image is broken….

Fine fuck it, let's fill the thread.
This is a rather slow one but is setting up for the 20th

You gotta admit, Goth Sloth and Cowverload are pretty kickass names.

And is still broken.
Man, and I wanted to storytime Black Monday Murders today.

That's RIGHT NIGGAS, the second female red ranger and the third female ranger leader.
And with this we enter the Cold War rangers.

I'm disappointed. I thought she was going to say she was his wife.

Who's Grace?

She's a Boom! OC. But here role in the comic is basically she's a billionaire media mogul, who's sort of an apologist for Power Rangers. You know how in the show the Rangers were beloved despite all the needless destruction, extrajudicial killing of sentient monsters, working outside the law or government oversight and extended collateral damage? Well her media outlets spend all their time sucking the Power Rangers dicks.

She's a more powerful Anti-J. Jonah Jameson.

That's sounds like a clever reversal

Is Boom's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers /ourcomic/?
All memes aside this feels incredibly satisfactory.

doesn't seem political. Just tweaking the premise a bit. So the Power Rangers are more Global Special Forces than just hanging out in one city.

That's actually a great idea, having them globe trotting across the earth, I know RPM had Rangers going around the planet but that series was crap.

Shit I meant Overdrive.

nu/pol/ is desperate to find agreement anywhere it thinks it can

Anyways, I already have downloaded the next GGPR and will post it tomorrow after college in the morning but multi image is still broken, should I kill thread with it, is kinda somber to end this amazing thread with GGPR but the next thread will probably start before this one hits bump bottom.

What joke is that?

You can try a different browser.

I got you.

Saban's GO GO POWER RANGERS #3

Not so fucking fast collegefag.

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks mate.
Kek, the last comic in the thread is the one not posted by me…. BTW, which browser, I tried Vivaldi (Chrome mod) and the Firefox Quantum thing.

Thanks again.

Thanks OP

You're the one bringing them up.

I. AM. NOT. OP.
Did you seriously read the reason why I storytimed in this thread?

I kinda forgot, thread's almost 4 months old.

OP here, shit you're right.

Well, you might become OP, my PSU got busted and I'm a poorfag.

Time sure does fly.

Just because these threads become a PR/Toku general thread have you anons seen the Twitch tapletop rpg team? The helmets seem really derivative of MMPR/Zyu but that is not a problem at all since those were some of the best suit designs in sentai.

fuck

Wait, they are making a MMPR tabletop!?

Yeah for the 25th anniversary but its only going to be played by "notable PR celebrities" on Twitch. Unless there's enough interest by the fans to warrant a commercial version.

That's all sorts of gay, though I guess it is sort of a niche hobby. Maybe they'll release the rules and I can just 3D print the miniatures or something.

They're going to livestream it tomorrow at 4pm. Basically you're playing as a bunch of Time Force Recruits with Jen as your mentor and you need to go across the PR timeline to fight some ancient evil trying to fuck shit up again. This time the power comes from specific Greek gods.

And the intro is out.
twitter.com/Hyper_RPG/status/921806498166013952

That's gonna be pozzed as fuck to watch. I better gender and race get brought up several times.

I hate the suit design, but the helmets are pretty cool and I like that the yellow ranger isn't female this time. Also, Paul Schrier rocks that beard.

With a bit of luck it won't be that pozzed, after all, Power Rangers was pretty subdued when it came to diversity.

Its honestly just two PR actors, a token black mega fan and two whores (A youtube vloger and a random voice actress.) At worst you'd have to worry about the chicks, Andre can be a little annoying but he knows what he's talking about.

btw, I know GGPR already came out but I'm waiting until MMPR does so I can post both and kill this thread.

That sounds pretty cool, actually. Why the hell wouldn't they release it commercially? I mean, they have the rules, and releasing it as a digital RPG to test the waters would cost literally nothing.

Eh, just finish this thread off and if needed post the comic twice.

So after some first 2 lame months the last issue was actually kinda good, this one however was real good. I dare to say GGPR finally found out its identity.
I shall address this further in the final post, meanwhile here it is.

Also, about this I reconsidered and thought since we started the last this thread with the end of the Drakkon arc, we could finish it, or start the next with the new arc.
If I see only the comic fits and there's no place for bumping discussion I might start it in a new thread with a proper archive of course.

Who else thinks that Kimberly face shot was fucking sick?

I kinda like that diagram, it looks cool.
I remember complaining how all the action was cut short in this series, now we got almost an entire comic of solid action, even though the Megazord fight was cut short this time as well.

Ok, that last shot was cool too.
Still suffers from some of the usual mistakes but I think this is a great improvement in the right direction.
On one hand MMPR is set forward with them already having some experience with this and being more mature.
In GGPR they're far more expressive, which helps characters like Trini and Jason. but others like Billy suffer from being overtly expressive at a times he almost looks ridiculous.
So GGPR is still not on MMPR tier quality but I was positively surprised this month, shall GGPR continue this trend.
A) Which one would you prefer?
B) Would you believe it? Do we deserve two good comics?

But I still wonder…. WHY NOR ANOTHER PR TEAM?

Tonight
twitch.tv/hyperrpg

What’s does abandoning a logo even mean? Is the power rangers movie cancelled or something? comicbook.com/powerrangers/2017/10/23/power-rangers-abandons-movie-logo-trademark/

I mean sequel not movie

Watched and as far as watching people play a tabletop game it was honestly pretty comfy. Paul Schrier as Jack was the MVP of the stream.

Last I heard the sequel was canned but I think after the international release they made back the budget so they might change their minds.

As a longtime fa/tg/uy, knowing this shit is the face of my hobby makes me sick.

Well, this comic has been out for a few days but I've been in some sort of a denial.
Just as GGPR shows us its best comic yet, MMPR shows its worst.
I guess that "muh minority" comments are pretty mild as compared to something really pozzed and make sense if you take the time and setting, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb in the whole series. But what really hits badly is the pace, is just so hurried I couldn't even enjoy the good things this comic does have.
Well, here it is.

Great job as always op

This would not happen again if IDs are implemented on this board.

-

Thunderzords when?

Storytiming MMPR #21 for (You).

The last pages are the back-up story. GGPR skips this month, to return this December.

The new thread is already up but thanks a lot user.