So Riri is a horrible person

Just read IIM vol. 8 and it's just as terrible as the last 7 issues. More snarking and not a lot of actual heroics.

The Cover has Riri mobbed with a bunch of sycophantic milliennials eager for their chance to Virtue signal their support for a black female superhero. And this is just the problem isn't it. Female heroes are never fighting or in any semblance of danger. They are ALWAYS enjoying the celebrity of being a hero, never the hardships.

So we start with Riri in her school where she interrupts the entire class just to tell the teacher that she wants to be a scientist. However, when the teacher says thats great, Riri actually wanted her to be a racist and sexist and say that she can't. When the teacher insists that the world has changed, Riri gets frustrated at her and stares at her like a psychopath. Instead of just ignoring her or doing anything else, the teacher gives up and tells her she will never be Tony Stark to complete Riri's little victim complex.

Worst part is that it takes a made up put down to actually get Riri serious about doing this and only wants to do anything out of spite. Just like your typical millennial. Also, like a typical millennial, she always has to end a conversation with a snarky "Insult."

Why can't ISIS bomb Marvel's offices?

Pop Culture reference YAAAA!!! Riri says in a condescending tone that she doesn't imbibe in pop culture, but Bendis knows that's what all those teens who TOTALLY BUY HIS BOOKS like….right?

Anyway, Riri lands at the site of an explosion and SHEILD is already there trying to figure something out. Riri then acts surprised when they points guns at her, even though she's wearing a suit of armor and just came right out of nowhere. She then says that she can disarm them but says its not the right thing to do, which makes that whole statement kind of redundant. It's good to know, however, that Nick Fury ain't gonna take her shit and gives her to the count of 3, but sadly is stopped and told to let Riri in.

Riri goes in and meets Agent Carter who is just sitting in the middle of a crime scene and not doing anything investigative. She then tells Riri she can't just show up in her armor and expect that everyone is going to be happy about this. It is nice that some one is calling her out, but this, sadly, will not last.

We are then taken back to the past to NASA, where Riri is calling about a position. the nice old lady at NASA tries to explain to Riri that she can't be a astronaut until she has a degree and passes a physical exam, all while Riri interupts every once in a while to make a snarky comment. She then informs the secretary that she is already in college and won't take long to become and astonaut. Good she can hang out with all these other kids who apperently go to college in the marvel universe. Still doesn't mean she'll pass the physical half of being a astronaut.

Also can we talk about the lazy ass paneling on this Page. I mean Page 3 and 4 (>>879847) copy and paste a picture of Riri asking her teacher questions, but this is on a whole new level of shit. out of the bottom 8 panels, 7 are exactly the same. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AND HOW IS THIS ALLOWED?!!! They couldn't even have a little sight gag in the background? Just gotta have the same panel to the point of monotony? Yeah, thats fine.

Final page we learn that SHEILD has been keeping tabs on her and that Carter says that she's been keeping up with current events since she was 9 and "like, totally" knows how the world works. I'm just gonna call bullshit and move on. Carter then tells Riri she wants her to go after the terrorists because SHEILD's got their hands tied. Nice to know its not because Carter believes in her or anything, but just because they need her to be the fall guy.

By the way, did I miss something about Sheild. I thought Fury called the shots but it looks like Carter is in charge here. I don't buy or keep up with Marvel comics, so if someone could explain, that'd be great.

It's far overdue for a bombing. Fuck Marvel. Let them all die from what their actions have caused and supported.

Fuck

The Avengers and Defenders didn't show up, which means that they don't care about this massive even and not that they haven't had time to respond and that Riri was just a lucky Schmuck who was in the right place at the right time. Anyway, this attack could lead to WW3 and Carter can only rely on Riri! HOW SURPRISING!!!

While Riri is showing uncharacteristic common sense in being reluctant to be SHEILD's Patsy, Lady Octopus comes in and bitch slaps her into a wall. OOOO, does it feel good.

Riri's hurt but not so hurt she can't make a snarky comment on Lady Octopus' name (Oblivous to the hypocrisy). Octopus is hired muscle for the terrorists and is out to make trouble. But just as she's about to right Carter, Riri flys in and knocks Octopus into a car. When asked who she is, Riri says she's someone "With enough self confidence to now use lady in her codename" (What does that have to do with self confidence?) In a moment of clarity, however, Octopus calls her out on her hypocrisy, noting that she's just a cheap knockoff of ironman. Good job Bendis, too bad to muck it up but having Riri give the weak excuse that she "Built" the armor.

But Octopus proves to be /ourgirl/ but rebuffing this excuse again and pinning Riri to the ground. WHATS THIS! THE STRONK INDEPENDANT BLACK WOMAN IS IN A BAD POSITION! JOY, ACTUAL ADVERSITY.

And what's this!? Riri has to actually use her brain to get out of that situation and kicks herself for not thinking of that sooner?! How can Bendis possibly screw this up?!

HERE'S HOW!

So Octopus is down for the count and surrounded by Riri and SHEILD agents. in one last burst of strength, she lunges at Riri, yelling that she's a stuck up bitch and she hates her. Truly /ourgirl/. But Riri finishes the fight with a laser blast and snappy "sit down." Like a true, ghetto trash black woman.

Honestly, the fight was so close to being good. If it had only lasted longer and Riri were more injured from the fight, then it might have actually looked like she put in the effort to beat the villain. But I expect too much from Marvel and Bendis in particular.

Anyway, Octopus gives into questioning way to easy and gives the name of the attacker, Lucia Von Barda. We then flash back to Riri being a snarky bitch to her own friend ,Nat, telling her birthdays are weird (man, she's a hypocrite no matter how old she is). Then Nat gives Riri her phone and we find out that Riri's childhood idol (the astronaut) is on the other end, what a coincidence. I swear, Nat is too good of a friend for Riri and, I hope, ditched her when they got older.

Flash back to the present and we have Von Barda giving some hard truths about American MSM. That being that it is filled with liars, only in the Marvel Universe, SHEILD runs the MSM, not kikes like Soros. Von Barda is disappointed that her terrorist cell didn't make the news, it was suppose to be a moment. When then end the issue with Riri making another weak ass snark.

Boy was that a shit show. How much longer 'til it's canceled, even virtue signaling can't keep this thing alive forever.

>Cover: Character who has done pretty much nothing being treated like a big deal and like everyone likes her, instead of a more realistic situation where everyone asks "wait, who the fuck are you?"
>Referencing Paul Feig's faggoty TV show that everyone swears was SO good it really wasn't.
>Threatens NICK FUCKING FURY because she's literally an autist, and for some reason, the guy who knows everything about everything doesn't know who she is
>The cherry on top is that they get to tell her that she's a confirmed superautistgenius.

This isn't America Chavez levels of terrible, but this is just hamfisted as fuck. Credit to them for actually having a super hero comic involving fighting super villains for more than a couple panels, but we're 8 issues into this god awful character's run and she's already made dozens of cameos, and we're just now finding out what her flimsy justification for being a hero is.

If SHIELD knows who Iron Nigra is and Sharon Carter trusts her, why did SHIELD greet Iron Nigra with guns and mistrust? If Iron Nigra knows all about SHIELD's monitoring and "knows how the world works," why is any of this a surprise or mystery to her?

Does anybody read this stuff before it gets sent to the artists, just to see if it makes sense?

Freaks and Geeks was good, though.
And that isn't Nick fucking Fury. That's Black Fury. Not the real thing at all.
And isn't that Sharon Carter?
But yeah, this comic is crap.

It'll just be relaunched with a new #1.

That's Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece and Steve Rogers' long time love interest and supporting character. If I recall, Peggy's been dead in the comics for some time (barring that one Original Sin mini made to tie into the MCU's Agent Carter)

Breaking news: Marvel editorial is nonexistant

Wait so ultimate Nick Fury or 616 Fury's bastard son?

It really wasn't.
Could have just been any other generic SHIELD agent. They picked him intentionally because it makes Sharon look more important.
I guess so. Not that it's really a good fit to take a supporting character from Cap, after they killed him off, and throw her into someone else's comic in some kind of I'M A BADASS SHIELD COMMANDER AND I HAVE ALL THE AUTHORITY DAMN IT sort of role.
Definitely

Hah. First thing i thought of

Jesus Christ. Are there any male heroes or villains in charge of anything anymore? Do they exist anymore?
Marvel has gone complete white knight. I thought they said they were turning away from this low selling shit?

There could be deep development potential in a girl raised to believe that she is the victim and must be opressed in order to 'overcome' others learning that the world doesn't work like that and realizing she's more or less been a shotty person that dug their own grave.

To bad this will all be played 100% straight.

Having the villain be more likable than the protagonist is pretty avant garde for a cape comic.

One day you're going to die. You have a limited amount of life. Why would you spend a single second of it reading a Bendis comic?

Reading or skimming bad stuff makes us appreciate the good stuff more. And give us important lessons on how not to write.

Thank you user. I'm going to take that advice to heart.

I want someone to write this as a letter to the comic, over and over, until it gets published.

How many supergeniuses are already in the Marvel universe? And none of them can't figure out a cure for cancer or AIDS, just make stupid shit because feminism and some shit.

I just hope for the moment They get replaced and Marvel makes some saga where the universe gets restored to a previous back up where it wasn't fucked this much.

I honestly think there's a way to save all of shitty dreck with Riri, have her become a villain. She's vain, thinks the world is out to get her, but also thinks she's owed something because she's magically smart and 3/5ths a person. I seem recall the first issue of this volume opens with Bendis telling us (never showing us) that Riri is such a genius that if she's not catered to she could become a villain. I think Bendis has tried to give her a tragic past, but you could easily chalk up most of that to her being unreliable narrator. How many times has some SJW on twitter made up an super tragic event that just so happens to confirm their existing world view? Marvel doesn't have the balls to do that, but it's all right there and it could be something interesting, which is why it'll never happen. Instead she'll just be loved and admired for no reason.

old lady teacher did nothing wrong

That would work with most of the Diversity Heroes. How any of them have ever actually done something heroic? A few of them don't actually do anything at all, and Mockingbird especially is a fucking psychopath.

You could tell me this was a satire on Mary Sue's and I'd believe you.

Bleh. What kind of person works off of spite?

I don't know. I don't think that could be a good motivation for long term at least? Then again it worked for Edmond Dantes/The count of Monte Cristo.

Man, it just wouldn't be a Bendis book without it. God forbid he would work with an artist that didn't take shortcuts.

Also:
Bendis has hit fanfiction.net tier levels of stupid.

Man when The Simpsons hits home, they really hit home.

She did do one thing wrong and that was give in and give Riri what she wanted.

Cho was plenty heroic, but only before he was made Yellow Hulk.

Seriously.

When I did a Mutants and Masterminds character prevented from doing things because of her age, she was 1: only competent adult level in a sport where minors have been reasonably skilled 2: Only prevented from going far because of actual laws she (and those around her for that matter) despised instead of people just going "no you can't do that because you're a teenage girl". The initial reason she became a superhero was an excuse to find ways to throw people out of office so she could replace them with people who supported repealing the laws, intimidated into that position if needed (as a minor and well intentioned criminal she was pressganged into the team)

bump because i havent read this

Aktually the count worked out of vengeance and not spite…..

Please elaborate, Mr Dubs.

The elephant in the room that everyone is ignoring, is since Chelsea Cain's retcon that said she had consensual sex with Phantom Rider rather than being raped, she didn't retcon her killing him afterwards. Which changes the context of the killing from revenge to murder to cover up infidelity.

You know, I've long said that stupid people cannot write smart characters. I'll add to that, that sociopaths cannot write emotionally healthy characters.

LOOK INTO HER EYES. LOOK AT THEM. THERE IS NOTHING.

Marvel two choices to make with Riri now:

1. Make her a villain

2. Give her the Jason Todd treatment.

In a russian imageboard?

Jesus Christ, that fucking intro, is she a fucking villain?
Is she worst than moongirl or what ever that girl is called with the red trex?

user, why are you writing your replies in a text editor and copying and pasting them in the reply box? Sage for off topic

Seriously though, how is it give a name like "IRONHEART" to a heroine? This is a supervillain's name. What were they thinking?

Jesus Christ at least when they were copypasting they weren't doing obvious screwups like this

Hearts are feminine?

She'd be better off as one

Why cant they draw her happy and smiling?

Odds are Nat is happily married to an asian guy and had a bunch of kids that love birthdays.

I believe she gets shot and dies as some motivation for DumbDumb to want to be a superhero. She's been given like 6 reasons to be a superhero.
I hope it turns out DumbDumb got her friend shot because that wasn't the actual black astronaut lady phone but some relative messing with her.

Just like the disgusting kike who created her.

we need that pic with the eyes of different types of insane people.

Oh, jesus. How did I never realize that's what's been pissing me off about all of this?

That's just 100% of the problem. Females are being written as fanfiction characters. Worse yet, poor self inserts. The writer just puts in a female character to see how that personality meshes up with their favorite heroes, while occasionally throwing in an obscure villain for them to beat.

It would be insanity inducing, but it might actually be an interesting data table if you were to take female hero books recently and make a table of how often they deal with other heroes and friends as well as how often they fight against A tier villains or C tier villains and compare that to other characters.

If you went full autist you could even do a comparison of how often female heroes are shown being injured or challenged in a battle against how often male heroes are, or even just wounded.

Hold on a second. 2nd to last is Sylvester Stallone.

I WAS CURED, ALL RIGHT.

How in the world does Bendis get away with writing that's this bad? It reminds me of a bad fanfiction from deviant art.

It's easy when the company you work for just doesn't care anymore and you're one of the few writers left that hasn't quit out of frustration.

They're trying to turn comics into dumb Desperate Housewives clones with slightly younger characters and a bit of heroing antics because they want wymyn to buy comics. They forgot that Tumblrettes will only make Faceberg posts about how they're so proud that comics have now become progressive, but they will not buy or even read those comics. This is why comic scan sites is a good thing, because it means even less comics are actually sold, because the plebs who actually want to read them can just read them for free. The real victims are still the comic shops which couldn't make any real money out of the whole deal though, while the big two are just too big to die.

Well he is an actor. They're all crazy people filled with drugs, stress, and greed.

The worst thing about this whole mess is that I've actually gotten extremely racist and misogynistic whenever I see a minority or woman in media. Like, every time I see one now my first thought is 'oh here we go' and start looking for crazy moral grandstanding or propaganda and only start to just enjoy it after I'm sure I'm not going to have to deal with any of that shit.

Kinda like how during E3 this year we found that Bald Space Marine now has Foxxy Cleopatra as 'generic we aren't trying' character for diversity's sake. And just like generic bald space marine I'm going to just not buy any game that she's in.

A lot of their nu-Marvel characters would greatly stand to benefit from this treatment. Fucking have half of them - and the other half their families and friends - killed off because they're such incompetent faggots that they flaunt their real identities like disclosing that public knowledge is nothing.

One day.

So apparently they released another Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe. Might be interesting to storytime and see all of Nu-Marvel die.

they'll cop out with him killing the new diversity no doubt.

Racist and Misogynistic are the right words. That's their words which they have bastardized to mean "not accepting our moronic narrative."

But I get what you're trying to say. These days, I can't see a single female or non-white character without getting that feeling that they're going to be a preachy mouthpiece about oppression that the author never actually faced, exaggerated for greater effect. That they'll spew lines about sexism that's supposed to be witty. That their entire characterization will be based around yelling at white men and proving that they are better.

The worst part is that I feel like I've yet to be proven wrong on this otherwise paranoid feeling.

Is Power Pack killed off screen in this one too?

And that's what pisses me off to no end, these idiots don't realize that they in fact pushing for more Mary Sues instead of actual characters.

Carol is the best example of this, she's only Captain Marvel because the title Miss is "sexist" and not a single issue goes by without the reader having to be reminded that Carol is a woman. Plus she acts like a massive cunt and we're meat to side with her, when any sane person would call her out on her shit right then and there.

Of course, why would they show child murder?

Male? Yes. White males? No.

All of Marvel main heroes are minorities now, all of them.

What kind of retarded name is Ree-Ree? Is she a dumb frogposter?

They're white children and two of them are fucking white males. I'm surprised marvel hasn't kill all of them off already.

Doesn't even sound credible for a kid that age if you ask me, much less ASKING to be talked down only to be a contrarian.

Though seriously, mainstream comics didn't give a shit about the "female market" until rather recently, so it's understandable that their attempts to appeal to it are just as awkward and sexist as their previous ambivalence.

Also, BENDIS

Why can't western writers realize that it's okay to write female characters who fail, struggle, get hurt, and deal with actual conflict? I'm sick of all these Joss Whedon clones who do nothing but act like womenchildren and deal with minor shit like catcalling.

That would be interesting to see.

Because it's too different.

The fuckers who are writing this shit are 50 years old and stuck in the old mindset of "we need positive female role models", like Buffy and Hillary Clinton. You know, the 90's "right woman" stereotype. That's their idea of a strong female character.

Compare that to someone younger like Christopher Hastings, who isn't afraid to hurt his characters, and the generation gap is clear. The people writing this stuff are just too fucking old.

I don't know who von Larda is, but Latveria is a sovereign country. Why is she just flying over there like it's no big deal?

That's definitely a big part of the problem, they're old jews who sit on social media all day getting yelled at by angry SJW cunts with blue hair and lesbian tendencies. So they attempt to emulate being 'young' and 'cool', and it manifests in this shoddily written millennial speak. Every one is, like, so out of touch Grandpa! (Takes selfie)

They're a bunch of scared, fat, old men who want to get teenage girls to like their stuff.

Their age isn't the problem. The problem is they're fanboys pretending to be writers. They just came into comics for superheroes and the basics of story-telling elude them.

If they were fans, they would be so eager to replace characters with their young, knockoff replacements.

There's not an ounce of fanboyism in them. In fact, most of them despise the classic characters, they want to get that new teen audience with their own characters who are better than their contemporaries.

Did the author figure out how victim complexes and other socjus tactics work? This is almost genius if it's commentary

Keep in mind that mutant registration 2.0 (civil war) made their identities public knowledge anyway lest they be sent to Tony Stark's interdimensional gulag

I'm sure a good number of them died in the Twin Towers.