So, I was very late watching this movie, but I was curious because of the hype...

So, I was very late watching this movie, but I was curious because of the hype. Maybe the critics were fedora wearing hipsters who barely visit a cinema? Maybe they didn't watch it and the movie poster is just used for their agenda? I dunno…
There is, in my opinion, ONE good scene in the movie (where she saves the village).
I saw some downright crippling story issues and NOONE seems to mention them anywhere. Some ruin the WHOLE movie.

Armies refused to put parachutes in planes in WW1 because of retarded reasons.
She's just shouting angrily, why they fuck would they assume she's a spy, when that's the opposite of what a spy would ever do?
He whispers ideas into the higher ups, he doesn't directly control them.
He doesn't see it as him causing it
He had severe PTSD and couldn't do it at that moment. He's probably usually a great shot,
He wasn't supporting either side until past the halfway point. He was a criminal smuggler only making a profit.

Did you seriously pay any attention to the movie? Or are you that much of a crippled retard that you can't tell what the point of any scene is? The movie wasn't even that great, but you've got me defending it because you're so inept at understanding how stories work you've completely fucked up everything that happened in the movie in your mind.

But that includes the weapons destroying the planet.

I know, still weird that he, of all places, showed up there.

I know, but they should know, too. It's clearly mentioned when he plays piano that they know he wasn't psychologically right.

He said he had no more home in America, because it was stolen/his people were killed(can't remember which one was it). So he decided to try his luck in Europe. You could say it's weird, but I'd say it's plausible and am thankful that he wasn't a kang instead.

Well the main characters needed all the men they could get, including PTSD riddled snipers. Furthermore, they didn't have any other snipers, and his PTSD probably don't trigger every time there is a fight.

Yeah, and? He doesn't tell humans to use it and kill others, the people do that. If I gave you the secret on how to painlessly kill yourself, would you actually do it?

Because they were all slaughtered before they could get word back home.
The whole point her realizing that good and evil will always exist in the hearts of man.
The movie couldn't decide whether or not Ares was completely controlling them or just influencing them. Nor whether they were "Le Ebil Nazis" or realistic Germans. Also, when the fuck do they imply WW2 never happened.
He is a good shot, but suffers badly from PTSD. He couldn't take the shot at the man in the bell tower because he had seen the man's face.
I think that was the writers making some sort of statement of America itself selling arms to both sides before entering the war.

Out of all the problems in this flick, at least shit on the legit ones. I have no idea why critics are saying this movie is excellent. It is not really bad nor all that good. Is it just amazing compared to the DC movies before it?

Warner probably paid them more this time around

Compared to the others, it's good, yes.

The reason the smuggler was an indian was simply for the campfire scene, where he details how fucked his people were. Wondie asks who did such terrible things, and he points at Chris Pine and says "His people." And remember that the first interaction Diana and him have on the beach, she asks, "Who are you?" and he responds "One of the good guys." They made that dude Native American specifically because it allowed them to show off that Diana really didn't understand how the world works yet.

Exactly, but it was dumb to handle it with a whole character.

Or maybe not, since in any other movie, like Ultron or Apocalypse, the villains read a friggin book and watch TV - suddenly they know all conflicts.

I don't know how Poison could be more interesting than Wonder Woman if she has so little explained to her character.

Where did you get the impression that WW2 never happened? She retired from superheroism for a hundred years. She evidently lost hope in mankind and refused to intervene, specially considering WW2 still happened without Ares' influence and proving his point mankind will wage war without any outside forces.

The movie isn't really that feminist since its not exactly girl power and sexist against men. Its more egalitarian since despite Diana being obviously stronger than other human characters, she isn't doing everything by herself and needs help from the men. Like in the village liberation scene where she distracts the Germans wielding machine guns long enough for the Allies to attack back or when Steve's group uses a shield for her to jump to a tower and kill the German sniper.
And also being a skilled warrior doesn't make one well versed in politics, specially one in a completely alien culture you just have been introduced.

Ares funded the expedition because he wanted Diana to see the horrors of WWI with her very own eyes, thus planting the seeds of doubt in the inherent goodness of men and hopefully convincing her to join him. Note how the moment they captured Veld and decided to infiltrate the gala, thereby actually becoming a threat to Ludendorff's plan, Ares immediately ordered Trevor to call off the mission. As for the armistice, he was actually trying to push it because he knew the armistice was only going to be a temporary measure and war would inevitably break out again, either by a crazed zealot like Ludendorff who despises the idea of peace or someone else years down the line where discontent over the wildly unfair terms of the treaty would provide the building blocks for the next World War. Either way, Ares gets what he wants, in humans destroying each other in endless wars.

That part was indeed out of place and contradicted with everything about his character.

They werent a bunch of pussies back in the day.

There was PTSD, but it was called shellshock.

Why are people on here actually defending this movie?

It should be hated for two reasons alone:

Name one legitimate flaw Wondie has that she struggles with in the movie. Not 'oh, she wants to help everyone!! :) look at her go!', not 'slightly naive bc from a different culture.' Give me a real flaw she has that she has to work on and overcome.

You can't.
She's a Mary Sue. The story is shit.

I guess no one really cares about wonder woman, so the only people left are shills.

She is extremely impatient and only does what she wants. She wants to train NOW, she wants to leave the island NOW, she wants to go to the front NOW, she wants to kill the general NOW, it's all about what she wants and what she thinks is right, not about what others want or think is right. This clashes with Trevor, who has to bring the book to his commander first, or who doesn't want wondy to kill the general at the party, as it could reignite the war. When Ludendorf gasses the village she is angry and calls Trevor one of the bad guys, because he stopped her from killing the general. At the end of the movie, I think wondie realizes that men will always seek conflict, and she decided to spend her time studying their culture in a museum, rather than intervening in every small conflict and just letting them(men) do what they want.

Honestly I don't really care about the character, but I like discussing and dissecting movies, cartoons or comics. Was this movie perfect? Hell no, there lots of things that didn't make any sense, like how come wondy knew all the languages of Earth including modern Chinese, French, English and German considering that Trevor was the first man to visit her island? Or that Ares should never have appeared in the movie, and after wondie killed Ludendorf, and the soldiers still fought, she realized that there was no Ares and people will always fight.
On the other hand, there are things that people ITT and the other one complain about, that either were explained in the movie, or that made sense in the context of the movie. I am fine with complaining about things that sucked or didn't make sense, but when people complain about things that were good or sorta made sense, then I have to defend this movie and if this makes me a shill, then so be it.

Ok that makes sense as to why she gives up being Wonder Woman after WW1.

It's not entirely clear, but I think that after realizing that men will always fight, she decided instead to study their history and culture, that is why she started working at a museum. Though, because the movie doesn't really explain this, you can consider it another fault this movie has.

The impatience is never shown as a flaw. She always succeeds when she powers through. It is determination more than anything else. Not a real flaw, because she never struggles with it. Her impatience never once leads to a mistake.

Her naivety is actually a legitimate flaw because she doesn't know how the world works and thinks men are good by default, a notion that the main villain himself proves her wrong even after his death by the fact mankind waged even more destructive wars without him "corrupting" them.

And she is made less of a Mary Sue because she actually trained and worked hard to get her skills in battle and even those special powers she gets later on she owes it to her father, i.e. a STRAIGHT WHITE MALE.

Her naivety is as much a flaw as Bella Swan's clumsiness. It's there for teh lulz and to give some semblance of a flaw, but is not really a flaw. What time does she ever have to come to terms with having been too naive in a way that is her own fault and causes legitinate conflict? Never. The closest thing is her amazement that the humans didn't just stop being evil when Ares died. But number one it didn't cause an internal struggle or a conflict, and number two 3 minutes later it turns out Ares isn't dead.

Because Trevor was there to stop her. Remember during the ball scene when Diana was ready to use the sword to kill Ludendorf(I still don't understand how could her dress hold her sword), Trevor stopped her so that she would not start the conflict again. Though after that, she called him a bad guy and went after Ludendorf anyway.

Like Edward Cullen was always there for Bella when she was clumsy?
If it doesn't cause actual problems for the plot, it is not an actual flaw.

Are you fucking stupid?

Well it did made her stop her fighting for a full century before BvS happened, since Ares' words were still correct all along.

A minute of monologuing at the last minute of the film to introduce her into the next movie is not a conflict.

Regardless she learned her lesson about mankind being "pure" and "good".