What idea of a comic would you love to read?

What idea of a comic would you love to read?
I guess mine will be normal people life in a city with superheroes looking at huge episode from the side

There was a comic I read once that was similar to your first idea, although I think it was a coffee place for superheroes and villains where they couldn't fight each other. I don't remember the name, but it was a good read.

Aliens studying medieval humans

It was a donut shop. Name always escapes me too.

Astro City has a lot of that.

I always fancied the idea of superhero settings where the main character is a civilian. Though I always thought of a story where the protagonist would be a journalist, trying to figure out the identity of top hero. There would be clue as and other foreshadowing to hint at the identity so the reader could play along.

Comic about all the insane shit Alfred has to put up with. Maybe even that Wayne/Batman is an insane buffoon and the only reason he hasn't had his head blown off the first day is because Alfred was looking out for him. Maybe even characters like the Joker are hired guns with Wayne's money (because he cba to acutally look at his bank account) to entertain him while Alfred actually runs the estate.

I'd settle for capeshit that was, at minimum, as good as Astro City.

You're both thinking of Common Grounds

Here's my dream comic idea:

it's not shit

You idealistic fool

Man discovers he has mind control/suggestion powers
Instead of becoming a hero or super rapist, he uses his power to get rich as fuck
People have no memory of him using his powers on him and he only takes some cash not all of it because he's still a moral guy
And some other stuff happens idk

That's it! Wish there was a collected trade for it somewhere.

I want a less-edgy version of this.

I want superheroes using their powers to earn money. A super-strong guy working at construction. A speedster delivering mail. An electric guy working as a powerplant. I want to see ingenious ways of using powers to help humanity. I want to see unions fight those superworkers, because they take their jobs. I want to see supervillains undercutting the competition with prices, and eventually ending up in a monopoly. I want witchhunts, I want societal change, I want space exploration booming with new super-based rocket delivery system. I want to see how technology, society, fashion and art would move forward.

That sounds awesome actually

It's called Astro City.

A super villain who secretly commits crime to support his family.

I want a comic story based in a universe where Supervillains are everywhere, but no heroes. Have it be about the first guy who decides to fight back and become the only superhero fighting against a world full of villains, except he's basically just Mumen Rider. Villains would laugh and joke about him until he took down his first villain, and he grabs the Villain-tech and incorporated it into his costume/utility belt. They don't realize he's become an actual problem for them until he's gotten a not-insignificant arsenal, and has begun equipping other wanna-be heroes who are tired of their world being a shitshow from the villains running amok.

So you basically want what automation is doing in the real world only with superheros?

Something that isn't shit is all I ask. Other than that, a good fantasy, or even urban fantasy, comic would be nice. It's really hard to find a sword and sorcery funnybook that isn't shit.
Pic related is the only thing I look forward too, but it looks like another retelling of the Arthurian legends with a twist.

Not Holla Forums material, but you could play VA11-HALL-A.

>a very long comic that has only one or twolike StH+SU single titles, and nothing new in any movies or cartoons that come out of it; the second title should not be a spinoff
>each plot should be complex, a little convoluted, and last for a long time, and involve conspiracy in a deep manner which should eventually be completely unraveled and resolved
>the comic should also exist

are there only 6 issues in total?

How about a comic that has almost to no dialogue? I want a comic like that.

like the arrival ?

a lewd little girl has sex with everyone

I guess my idea is similar to yours.

I once wrote a loose draft for a comic taking place in Gotham City. The protagonists were a cop, a fireman and a paramedic who struggle with their personal problems (like the cops dad suffering from dementia) while also trying to deal with the larger than life superhero shit.

For the first part I guess Wanted could fit your idea

Gotta love it.

There was a small press British comic a bit like that called Watch Dogs. It's storytelling was "small press British" in scale too, though. The superhero (girl's dad in a trenchcoat and fedora) was fighting shoplifters and weed dealers in a village. His daughter found out and was trying to hide his antics from the mother, but eventually becomes his sidekick because there is some actual "supervillain" (well, a local 'bigger' drug dealer and boss of a gang of teens) behind it all.
There is also an actual Batman episode where he chases somebody in the Batmobile and catches them without damaging it at all, but he wants an excuse to tinker with it, so damages it himself with a hammer in an alley.

If Light in Death Note had just made all his victims have freak accidents / die of loads of different conditions, he would never have been suspected, let alone caught. As the Death Note controls people's actions, he could even have cleared out a few low-security prisoners by having one guy "go crazy", shank 20 other people, then kill himself.

Anyway, I want a Commando comic about a WW2 bomber crew that goes on as long as a Shonen Jump story. Commando's about bomber crews always end with the antagonistic members finally learning to work as a team and flying off into the sunset, but they're still bomber crews, it's odds on at least one of them will be dead in a week, and a new guy will be struggling to fit in with them. It would also need the realistic "those guys were there" touches, like I Flew With Braddock had. But not the realism of modern American war comics where they're shouting "NNNOOOOOOOOOO" at the sky whenever somebody dies.

Light wanted people to know there was someone or something killing people.

That single issue of GI Joe, Silent Interlude?

I want to read a story about the rise of a goblin kingdom or some similar low power look type monster. No rebirth, no God tire cheat powers, just a goblin who's smarter than the average bear leading raids on merchants and setting traps for humans to earn rep and capital for his assertion through society.

Cute girls with firearms doing cute things.

That was my idea for a webcomic I wanted to do, but then I remembered that I'm a lazy shit with no motivation. I wonder if something similar already exists though.

Sounds like a basic generic idea in the first place.

furry detected

Non-gritty, non-grimdark comic about world where superpowers do not exist, but superheroes and supervillains do, having to rely on training and gadgets and other real stuff.

That sounds fucking amazing and fun

I want to write a comic about an alien race aboard a colony ship/s exploring the cosmos and trying to discover life (at least one of these ships ends up finding Voyager 1/2 and tries to decipher the Golden Record aboard it).

One issue I realized though, how do I deal with issue of the language barrier of aliens landing on a (inhabited) planet and trying to talk to the locals? I don't like the idea of going to multiple inhabited planets and then being stuck with a plot wall everytime of two alien races trying to understand one another. Would it just work to have them just understand one another without any issue?

It would be more interesting to read about two races trying to communicate. And with aliens, they might have very different means of communicating – not just a language barrier, but a communication barrier.

It aint bad.

bump

Sounds hilarious. Is there online version of it?
Funny, I actually had a very weird dream about a fantasy bomberplane called the Hammerhead because it's shaped like Hammerhead shark with the "hammerhead" shape housing four AA turrets on top and bottom on each end of the head. The crew is a ragtag group formed from other felled bombers but the main protag is the pilot himself. It's less fighting and more talking tho, and they witnessed a bomberplane struggling to return to the base only to crash. The dream then fastforward years later when the pilot reminiscing about his past when suddenly a hammerhead bomber flying over him, he ended up piloting one again to prevent something. I dunno, WW3 or something because I woke up after that.

Main character is a totally normal soldier skill wise whose power is to respawn upon death. He goes up against gods, demons, and powerful ancient beings with only actual tactics military dogmas and practicality on his side.
He ends up in massive one-man wars of atrition against these beings. He's the guy who shoots the villain whilst they give a speech.
I'm trying to get better at drawing so I can make my shitty ideas a reality.

I don't really know if it's what you're looking for, and it's not a comic, but try the redwall series of books.

I want a sequentially told, self-contained story that isn't the result of decades of clusterfucked writing, released in aesthetically pleasing and shelf-friendly volumes on a consistent schedule.