Fuck GTK

How is it possible that GTK still doesn't have a file picker after 14 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Estimated_cost_to_redevelop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

niggers

You get what you pay for.

Doesn't software development still cost lots of money, even if it's non-profit?

How do they pump so many commits, rewrite their entire shit for a new version, and still massively fuck up?

most "open source" software is made by "non-profit" corporations backed by other corporations and donations. it still has the same cancerous culture and structure as for-profit corporations. they still are a bunch or retards who hire other retards to do nice little "improvements" to their codebase. this is why GTK spent the last 5 years investing in burger menus, transitions, and mobile-first technology, effectively finding new ways to slow down every program that uses GTK

You should recognize your files from their name, niggerlicious faggot.
What would you do if you had no GUI?

Because you can drag and drop from a file browser easily enough.

I want VoIP integrating in GtkFileChooser!

gnome is so fucking bloated that your irony was completely nullified

Microsoft Windows had this 30 years ago
Microsoft Windows is superior in everything to nigger Linux

Linux users are idiots

go through 10 candidates one by one until i find the one i was looking for?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Estimated_cost_to_redevelop
Wow

So you’re saying it’s broken? If Schizo Terry can make TempleOS then some dumb CIA nigger monkey at MIT can redevelop the shitty Linux kern. Torvalds is a niggerlicious faggot.

The day that every application I use moves to GTK3 is the day I either
It hasn't quite encroached on everything I use yet, but I feel it in my bones, it's coming soon. GTK3 looks like fucking garbage with Adwaita, and without it, a lot of widgets blend together because it's constructed to use the one(tm) only(C) theme, courtesy of The Linux Desktop(R). The GTK3 filepicker is easily the worst part of it though, it's got so many problems and inconsistencies that I can't even imagine how anyone with a functioning brain thought it was even a remotely good idea to push any of the code that's involved in this dumpster fire.

The user should be served by his software, not the other way around. Somehow the idiots at Red Hat missed that memo.

I'm actually hoping for GIMP to make a transition to qt5.

Praise Terry.

God bless.

(checked)
The problem with qt that absolutely bewilders me is that the filepicker changes depending on whether KDE is running or not. Without KDE, the qt5 filepicker (or, at least, the one I got when I was playing with qutebrowser a couple months ago) is even less functional than either the GTK2 or GTK3 filepickers. I don't know if it's necessary to be running some daemons in the background, or if it's only necessary to have some KDE5 packages installed to get the really nice one in the second image of the OP, but the day I figure that out is coming soon. I'd really rather not though, there's literally nothing wrong with any aspect of GTK2 and everything involved in GTK3 is simply change for the sake of it.
Also
Not that I wouldn't appreciate it, but I'm not holding my breath, less I suffocate.

You are a liar. That is by definition a file picker.

Are you serious? GTK was originally the Gimp Tool Kit. It's extremely unlikely that the Gimp team is going to port it to use QT.

Then I hope it stays on gtk2 forever then, or I'll just move to Krita, actually.

Honestly, you won't realize just how shit gtk is until you've mastered Gimp and then tried out Krita.

Time to swap back to trinity desktop.

Daily reminder that Gimp is not a drawing program while Krita is explictly designed to be a drawing program.

You can do some Gimp things on Krita. In doing those, then you can realize some of gtk's usability quirks.

this tho i'm curious why gnome didn't use that patch on github