SAMURAI JACK IS BACK

… In comic format

Is this a sequel or something?

I wish I could get back to the past

I think the Aku and Jack role reversal AU is much better, but I don't want them to taint it with their garbage art.

The idea is cool but this looks like ass on covers alone. Thank God the actual series is over now. Let em shit it up with comics no one will read or have reason to care about.

Also yeah the Aku AU is great.

What about an AU where Jack and a weakened Aku from the bottom of that fanart have to deal with the whole "Made out of Evil" elder being that gave birth to Aku himself?

Did they seriously just call it "quantum Jack". Did they keep procrastinating coming up with a name until an hour before they had to submit something and they just scribbled on the working title

I'm surprised they didn't have an alternate universe where he is John Wick.

I honestly thought it would be cool if there was a sequel series but the alternate Aku was in fact a reincarnation and the magic of the sword from the final fight was what caused him to be powered down. And Jack's descendant would be the tyrant that Aku fights after being resurrected by rebels. Yes, this sounds a lot like Megaman Zero, but still.

…if alternate universes are possible then why did the future get erased when Jack killed Aku?

At least it will be non-canon right?

This would be pretty interesting

The concept is cool, but goddamn that art. It looks like if you made an ink was painting with colored shit.

Well..considering that if 50 Years Later Jack killed Past Aku right after Past Aku sent Past Jack into the future basically wiping out the future that is Aku…maybe this would work if we're following Past Jack.

Also, the art looks fucking terrible.

I wanted an AU where Jack failed in the future but was rebuilt into a cyborg.

so the art would look more like the second cover then the first? thats tolerable I guess.

I don't think Genndy knew what exactly went on the finale, nor did he care. I believe he was going for emotions of the moment, not anything meant to be overanalyzed.

Because timelines and universes are different in this setting.

Only because Aku is a good character. Aku was pretty good overall. He is equally capable of being sinister, as he is being funny. Like many children's villains he can do what the situation calls for, and it's not out of character in the slightest.

When I see art like that, all I can wonder is why I'm not working in comics. I can barely draw, but I could draw that.