Le Petit Spirou

Yeah so this is a thing that's happening.

Eh, could have been much worse as far as trailers go.
I like the grandfather but I'd have imagined Rochefort instead. He's probably going to be the highlight of the movie, with Monsieur Mégot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Wasn't there a Lou movie as well?
how was that?

guess we'll be seeing the director and writers in prison soon if they follow the source material

Et merde…

ET MEEEEEERDE

Too sad this adaptation is going to be made by the cheese eating surrender monkeys

F

There's like 17 volumes worth of material to pick from and the vast majority of it is perfectly safe.

'course, chances are they'll cobble together some kind of original story. I wonder if they're gonna incorporate any of the gags/stories from the comic into the narrative though. Would be fun if they did.

I wonder what the audition process was like to find the horniest boy in france.

The bellhop uniform looks too dark and doesn't stand out very well and the hat looks too small. Even Spirou in the ending shot makes it look like he's just wearing a nice looking jacket, it should visually stand out and look goofy.

I know in comic to movie adaptions (eg superheroes), certain creators/costume designers don't like that because of "realism" but since this is comedy, his/family bellhop uniform should look stand out and look weird compared to those around him.

Tried to eyeball it, but here's a quick Oekaki color comparison.

Get audition judges with massive cleavage while secretly filming the boy to see if he looks at them when ever they look away.

Did you mean "Ç'est merde"?

He probably didn't. "Ç'est merde" isn't French. I'm guessing you thought he meant "c'est de la merde" or "c'est merdique" (it's shit"") but he used the interjection "et merde" which I think would be closer to "aw shit", as a general expression of dread and disappointment.

What happened in the source material?

They picked one at random?

Looks okay, but the cast doesn't really look like their counterparts from the comic at all, except for the teacher.

*Ah, I see.
What the fuck is it with the (modern) French and their disgusting kid X kid shit? Like Lolita. The beginning part made me glad for Humbert's girlfriend's death. Holy shit.

*Ah, interesting. I see the background of it now.
So as expected, new generation is depraved, older generations aren't so.

*newer generations
Including Boomers.

This bothered me as well. In fact, none of the characters really looked like their comic book selves, aside from the sexy math teacher.

Or if they show a woman's ankles or bacon at any point.

Guess I might as well storytime the comic.

And that's vol 1.

Vol 2 later if anyone wants it.

That would be nice.

europe is just a degenerate cesspool, always has been, always will be

Vol 2.

And that's volume 2.

is the little spirou /ourguy/?

Is there more?

That's a hot nun

But no one had thought about fapping to it until America said it was degenerate.

Yes, lots! But unfortunately very, very little of it is translated. Volume 3 has never been translated to English as far as I know, but I might give it a go myself. Give me a few days and I might have something.

Bump for hope.

Goddamn fucking frogs!

Working on it.

Bullshit.

Oh boy

We had our own version in Australia.

What…

user you need to explain.

Is it good?

Not quite the same thing, is it.

Well, the strip has been around since the early 1920's, and hasn't really been funny since the first cartoonist died, but my vague memories of the film are good, if probably coloured with nostalgia goggles. Megg's father was played by Gary MacDonald, who as Norman Gunston, used to do Ali G's schtick back in the 70's, playing an impossibly naive and earnest balding kid reporter from Kogorah, who would ask incredibly stupid questions. He made Sally Struthers wet herself and Kieth Richards poured champagne on his head and called him an "Aussie skag".

Okay, here goes. Volume 3. A few things:

-I've never done any scanlation work before and I found that I'm not great at it. I am confident it's at least readable, but don't expect the world in terms of quality.
-The introduction and character bios are copypasta'd from other peoples translations of other volumes, because fuck doing more work than I have to.
-The scans I had to work with weren't great.
-My french sucks, so I based the translation primarily on the version that was published in my native language, though I also referred to the original using google translate to ensure accuracy. I don't think it's too far off the mark.
-I hope someone more skilled than I will pick up this series. I don't know why so little of it was translated, it's a fun comic.

And done.

I prefer little girls though

New trailer.

The first one, it kinda looked like the comic if you squinted hard enough. With this one, I don't know what the hell I'm seeing but it sure isn't Le Petit Spirou.

As someone who collected the entire Little Spirou comics in my language I am surprised on how little they actually censored the comics here. With the exception of the last book when they edited the part about Spirou wants to cut a girl's bikini with a scissor underwater.

Is that motherfucking Alfred E. Newman?!

It probably won't

Is it?

Jesus fucking christ, that delivery.
Even relatively good actors like François Damiens or fucking Pierre Richard are terrible.

Thanks for the storytime, user. This lessens the blow somewhat.

There's going to be a "comic of the movie", apparently…

I wonder if even Tome and Janry can salvage it.

That applies to all adaptions now.

This going to end badly.

The only thing I can praise is at least the uniform/hat looks redder than in the trailer but that probably just photo editing. It also really needs those big goofy looking yellow buttons on it to make it look funnier.

Yes.

Goddamn frogs

Why?

You can't stop the frogs from being frogs.

With a truck you can.

whatever could you be implying?

what are the lewdest spirou comics?

i ain't sorting through all that shit

Fuck you, Le Petit Spirou is a great comic regardless of lewd, and you should cherish every page you manage to find.

That said, I guess the 6-page "Mandarine" story from volume 6 is pretty lewd.

is you serious?

french is good for nothing but cheap smut and you know it, everything they make is a vehicle or an excuse for said smut

Yuropoor here, having grown up reading francobelgian comics I can assure you that you're full of shit.

That said, I suppose I can understand how you arrived at that conclusion if your only exposure to such comics has been through imageboards. Just know you sound like those retards who unironically think all anime/manga = hentai.

I need more nuns playing

And its trash

That's cute.

Thanks for the heads up.

Okay seriously, what the fuck are they doing?