Le Petit Spirou

Dylan Adams
Dylan Adams

Yeah so this is a thing that's happening.

Zachary Powell
Zachary Powell

Eh, could have been much worse as far as trailers go.
I like the grandfather but I'd have imagined Rochefort instead. He's probably going to be the highlight of the movie, with Monsieur Mégot.

Justin Hill
Justin Hill

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

Wasn't there a Lou movie as well?
how was that?

Justin Torres
Justin Torres

guess we'll be seeing the director and writers in prison soon if they follow the source material

Christian Brooks
Christian Brooks

the hot mom isn't a redhead
Et merde…

the hot teacher looks like Lisa Ann
ET MEEEEEERDE

Samuel Hill
Samuel Hill

Too sad this adaptation is going to be made by the cheese eating surrender monkeys

F

Jonathan Perez
Jonathan Perez

There's like 17 volumes worth of material to pick from and the vast majority of it is perfectly safe.

'course, chances are they'll cobble together some kind of original story. I wonder if they're gonna incorporate any of the gags/stories from the comic into the narrative though. Would be fun if they did.

Asher Morales
Asher Morales

I wonder what the audition process was like to find the horniest boy in france.

Christopher Wilson
Christopher Wilson

The bellhop uniform looks too dark and doesn't stand out very well and the hat looks too small. Even Spirou in the ending shot makes it look like he's just wearing a nice looking jacket, it should visually stand out and look goofy.

I know in comic to movie adaptions (eg superheroes), certain creators/costume designers don't like that because of "realism" but since this is comedy, his/family bellhop uniform should look stand out and look weird compared to those around him.

Tried to eyeball it, but here's a quick Oekaki color comparison.
Left colour, movie jacket color attempt, mostly purplish red.
Middle/right two attempts at Spirou red, with one being more orange.

Get audition judges with massive cleavage while secretly filming the boy to see if he looks at them when ever they look away.

Juan Taylor
Juan Taylor

Did you mean "Ç'est merde"?

Aaron Diaz
Aaron Diaz

He probably didn't. "Ç'est merde" isn't French. I'm guessing you thought he meant "c'est de la merde" or "c'est merdique" (it's shit"") but he used the interjection "et merde" which I think would be closer to "aw shit", as a general expression of dread and disappointment.

Jonathan Walker
Jonathan Walker

What happened in the source material?

Wyatt Peterson
Wyatt Peterson

They picked one at random?

Henry Moore
Henry Moore

Looks okay, but the cast doesn't really look like their counterparts from the comic at all, except for the teacher.

Easton Thomas
Easton Thomas

*Ah, I see.
What the fuck is it with the (modern) French and their disgusting kid X kid shit? Like Lolita. The beginning part made me glad for Humbert's girlfriend's death. Holy shit.

Andrew Baker
Andrew Baker

*Ah, interesting. I see the background of it now.
So as expected, new generation is depraved, older generations aren't so.

Connor James
Connor James

*newer generations
Including Boomers.

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

This bothered me as well. In fact, none of the characters really looked like their comic book selves, aside from the sexy math teacher.

Matthew Russell
Matthew Russell

no qt christmas cake teacher gf

Henry Adams
Henry Adams

Or if they show a woman's ankles or bacon at any point.

Thomas Kelly
Thomas Kelly

Guess I might as well storytime the comic.

Andrew Baker
Andrew Baker

And that's vol 1.

Vol 2 later if anyone wants it.

Nathaniel Jones
Nathaniel Jones

That would be nice.

Luis Davis
Luis Davis

europe is just a degenerate cesspool, always has been, always will be

Xavier Parker
Xavier Parker

tfw I can't tell who's joking anymore

Wyatt Taylor
Wyatt Taylor

Vol 2.

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

And that's volume 2.

Camden Morales
Camden Morales

is the little spirou /ourguy/?

Lucas Smith
Lucas Smith

Is there more?

Connor Phillips
Connor Phillips

That's a hot nun

Aiden Sanders
Aiden Sanders

europe is just a degenerate cesspool, always has been, always will be
But no one had thought about fapping to it until America said it was degenerate.

Luke Myers
Luke Myers

Is there more?
Yes, lots! But unfortunately very, very little of it is translated. Volume 3 has never been translated to English as far as I know, but I might give it a go myself. Give me a few days and I might have something.

Logan Stewart
Logan Stewart

Bump for hope.

Luis Watson
Luis Watson

Goddamn fucking frogs!

Leo Stewart
Leo Stewart

Working on it.

Angel Allen
Angel Allen

Bullshit.

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

Oh boy

Kayden Kelly
Kayden Kelly

We had our own version in Australia.

David Sullivan
David Sullivan

What…

Kevin Reyes
Kevin Reyes

user you need to explain.

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

Is it good?

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

Ginger Meggs

Not quite the same thing, is it.

Hunter Diaz
Hunter Diaz

Well, the strip has been around since the early 1920's, and hasn't really been funny since the first cartoonist died, but my vague memories of the film are good, if probably coloured with nostalgia goggles. Megg's father was played by Gary MacDonald, who as Norman Gunston, used to do Ali G's schtick back in the 70's, playing an impossibly naive and earnest balding kid reporter from Kogorah, who would ask incredibly stupid questions. He made Sally Struthers wet herself and Kieth Richards poured champagne on his head and called him an "Aussie skag".

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

Okay, here goes. Volume 3. A few things:

-I've never done any scanlation work before and I found that I'm not great at it. I am confident it's at least readable, but don't expect the world in terms of quality.
-The introduction and character bios are copypasta'd from other peoples translations of other volumes, because fuck doing more work than I have to.
-The scans I had to work with weren't great.
-My french sucks, so I based the translation primarily on the version that was published in my native language, though I also referred to the original using google translate to ensure accuracy. I don't think it's too far off the mark.
-I hope someone more skilled than I will pick up this series. I don't know why so little of it was translated, it's a fun comic.

Logan Cook
Logan Cook

And done.

Matthew Gray
Matthew Gray

I prefer little girls though

Luis Green
Luis Green

New trailer.

The first one, it kinda looked like the comic if you squinted hard enough. With this one, I don't know what the hell I'm seeing but it sure isn't Le Petit Spirou.

Cooper Rivera
Cooper Rivera

As someone who collected the entire Little Spirou comics in my language I am surprised on how little they actually censored the comics here. With the exception of the last book when they edited the part about Spirou wants to cut a girl's bikini with a scissor underwater.

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

Is that motherfucking Alfred E. Newman?!

Levi Parker
Levi Parker

It probably won't

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

Is it?

Gabriel James
Gabriel James

Jesus fucking christ, that delivery.
Even relatively good actors like François Damiens or fucking Pierre Richard are terrible.

Thanks for the storytime, user. This lessens the blow somewhat.

Jaxon Smith
Jaxon Smith

There's going to be a "comic of the movie", apparently…

Michael Green
Michael Green

I wonder if even Tome and Janry can salvage it.

Sebastian Powell
Sebastian Powell

That applies to all adaptions now.

Ryder Brown
Ryder Brown

This going to end badly.

Alexander Campbell
Alexander Campbell

That difference in quality between the actors and comic versions of them. Better posing, funnier looking costumes, even better emotion all in the comic cover.
For comparison the live action ref just looks bored and is aimlessly pointing, while the comic version is pissed and waving he finger at him.
The only thing I can praise is at least the uniform/hat looks redder than in the trailer but that probably just photo editing. It also really needs those big goofy looking yellow buttons on it to make it look funnier.

Owen Robinson
Owen Robinson

Yes.

Landon Bailey
Landon Bailey

Goddamn frogs

Elijah Gomez
Elijah Gomez

Why?

Luke Brooks
Luke Brooks

You can't stop the frogs from being frogs.

Luis White
Luis White

With a truck you can.

Dominic Wright
Dominic Wright

whatever could you be implying?

Lincoln Garcia
Lincoln Garcia

what are the lewdest spirou comics?

i ain't sorting through all that shit

Austin Cruz
Austin Cruz

Fuck you, Le Petit Spirou is a great comic regardless of lewd, and you should cherish every page you manage to find.

That said, I guess the 6-page "Mandarine" story from volume 6 is pretty lewd.

Aiden Howard
Aiden Howard

is you serious?

french is good for nothing but cheap smut and you know it, everything they make is a vehicle or an excuse for said smut

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

second pic

Christian Rodriguez
Christian Rodriguez

Yuropoor here, having grown up reading francobelgian comics I can assure you that you're full of shit.

That said, I suppose I can understand how you arrived at that conclusion if your only exposure to such comics has been through imageboards. Just know you sound like those retards who unironically think all anime/manga = hentai.

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

I need more nuns playing

3DPD
teacher and mother are not hot
And its trash

Matthew Fisher
Matthew Fisher

That's cute.

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

Thanks for the heads up.

Jackson Ward
Jackson Ward

Okay seriously, what the fuck are they doing?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit