At what point did movies turn to shit?

Some other industries have an exact point where you can see them going south.
For art it was 1914.
For video games it was 2007.
When did movies take the plunge?

Embed unrelated

Some have argued when George Lucas made Star Wars in the 70's that set the trend for Hollywood to have blockbusters.

I think 2014 was the start. Every movie is now SJW propaganda since 2014

Movies have been shit for far longer than that, user. They absolutely got worse in 2014, but it wasn't the beginning.

Doesn't work. Many classics since Lucas et.al.
It has to be sometime in the 2000s. Last 5 years or so has been absolute garbage.

Wrong. It was 1863.
All modern "art" needs to be torched. Every last piece. I don't care if it's Picasso or whoever, it's an insult to actual art. The fact that minimal effort Cultmarxist shit like this is valued at such a ridiculous amount of money should be ripe for a roping.

I would say 1977.
There great movies made after this point, but there were also great games made after 2007.
It wasn't a sudden change, but it was a tipping point. Films started trying to be as big and bold as possible, ignoring many other aspects of filmmaking which are entirely forgotten today.

Somewhere between the 70s/80s; they didn't all turn to shit, but the change in the ratio of decent and shit was already noticeable. If you're looking for the time when it became unbearable, then somewhere in the 90s.

I don't know but 300 came out in 2006 and it definately accelerated the plunge.
It created two cancerous trends. The over the top pointless violence and it was a comic book adaptation.

Damn, you're right.
I always blamed art's decline on movements like Dada and Suprematism which formed out of the first World War, but after looking into it a bit it seems movements like Cubism and Expressionism had already over a decade prior.

2000-ish

makes sense that reddit wars ruins everything as usual

Sin City did that first.

2014 seemed to be an acceleration of everything. The left went from secretly wanting white people to die to openly proclaiming it.

Someone in the (((upper echelons))) who put the brake on everything must have died and the others started going crazy.

there is literally nothing wrong with expressionism

2002, prove me wrong.

There seems to have been an inversion sometime in 2010 where movies became shit and television became gold.
Not too say movies weren't bad before, but it became obvious with Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, and GoT on everybody's tongues.

First Book Adaptation

First Remake

First Crossover

First Big Budget Hollywood Film

First Sequel

First Prequel

First Capeshit

First Cinematic Universe

First Summer Blockbuster

First Big CGI Film

First Reboot

First Fully CGI Film

First Digital Colour Correction

First MCU Film

Feel free to add. The timeline is missing first third, fourth, fifth film etc. and other important touchstones

between 2004-2007. Jews have reduced movies to a science. Minimized risks (why do you think they never have original IPs anymore?) and maximized profits.

Hollywood is the model for what the Jew has planned for everything in the world.

After LOTR. It was the last breath of big Kino done right and mostly traditionally: giant sets, giants miniatures, location shootings, in-camera effects, it had it all. But ironically those few digital aspects that it did use changed cinema forever for the worse: it introduced digital colour correction, something that every movies does now, mostly poorly; the realism of Gollum and all the attention he received prompted more CGI-only characters to be used in attempts to outdo him technically (in the mid-00s that was a yearly discipline - ""look at the new Gollum killer); the epic battle scenes were constantly copied, which prompted over-reliance on CGI (doing it the old way is tooo hard and long) and in general the scope of the movies was so large that to match it in following years the concept of acceptable and necessary action got bloated (you have to raise the bar, goyim) - you no longer can have a blockbuster without some 40 minute battle scene at the end.

I'm gonna disagree with the art date. American painting really took off in the post WWI scene and some great shit came out of it like the Precisionist movement, and American realist painters like Edward Hopper. I'd say the 1930's is when art started to decline because a lot of (((immigrants))) started moving into the US and brought with them their degenerate art styles. By the 1940's (((art critics))) were praising the (((abstract expressionist))) works of painters like (((Mark Rothko))). Pre 1940's American Art is pretty redpilled and Jew free

pick one and only one

ITT people who can't detect kino or art

it has gone to shit overall since 2012 but there are still very good kinos made since then

go to >>>/reddit/

C A N T D E T E C T K I N O

funny meme. there are plenty of incredible american artists and the US has been the center or global art since 1945, whether you like it or not.

The last "movement" with any quality was post-Impressionism.

Expressionism has only one good painting. The Scream.

Holy shit has Kino had its meaning being deluted by shitposting.

Although certainly good movies came out after it, as they still do now, Heaven's Gate was a major turning point in the industry that signalled the end of the experiments in directorial control and a return to the iron grip of studios. Since then, the falling rate of profit on investment over time has only increased their propensity towards more focus group testing, design by committee, and an endless stream of rehashes of proven IPs rather than support original ideas.

pick one and only one

Holy reddit

when your depression started to take over your life

Thought he was more of a pulp character not a superhero.