Twin Peaks

Didn't see a thread in the catalog.

Was it worth the wait, guys?

To me it was

Other urls found in this thread:

btdb.to/torrent/noX8xNM7XPHX486NW4MqU4n3Gp3YgDFlbb.html
lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/informacion/2017/09/05/twin-peaks-regreso-18-horas-dentro-universo-lynch/00031504632078926714888.htm
archive.is/ElNtu
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvstarr_(sagofigur)
waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/
krelllabs.blogspot.com/2010/11/terra-incognito.html
web.archive.org/web/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The real wait is for season 4.

I don't know if that's going to happen, user.

Was great and well worth the wait. Last episode was a pretty savage dick punch though.

Best season, tbh.

Yeah, I agree.
In that last scene I got blue-balled so hard my nuts now emit ultraviolet light.

It could. If they got it done before GoT showtime would get quite the boost. Season 3 did alright from what I've heard, not spectacular but alright.

I still don't like it better than FWWM but if this season was anything was ballsy as fuck.
There's a thread OP, I'll bring the best ideas back, there was some dissecting going on, this had quite a deep research behind it, god bless Frost's autistic mind.

I guess that everything turned out to be a dream, but like literally, it wasn't a dream but Cooper turned it into one when he changed the past and royally fucked up Laura's life.
The girl was finally happy in the white lodge ffs now she has to wake up to his rapist father.
This idea had been explored in FWWM but it was more ambiguous there.

What was up with all these girls that looked like their heads were undergoing mitosis? Is this normal in burgerland?

Jeez. Did the driving scenes really get underneath anyone else's skin? The sound really did it for me, plus knowing this was near the end of the last episode. Goddamn, it felt like driving to my own execution.

Fuck, I thought the 17th episode was the last one and I was happy with the ending, but now after the 18th I'm rather disappointed. Apparently Coop became a real person instead of a quirky and fun to watch positive side and went to fail in boring reality.

Fuck no

t. bruger

Lynch is really good at making things uncomfortable. Even harmless things like Sheriff Truman meeting Andy and Lucy's kid was painfully awkward and stretched out.

But yes, everything after the kino/10 showdown between Freddie and Bob went crazy and unsettling.

Is that slang for hot? Because I'd fuck them all

What's amazing is how little MacLachlan has really changed.

FAS. Lynch is trying to say the younger generations are paying the price for careless and reckless Boomers and X-ers.

Don't you know FAS when you see it. These women don't have it, they've got clearly defined philtrums for starters.

Coupled with how uncanny Coop has been acting ever since he went the extra mile it was really unsettling. I didn't expect that sense of dread at all. The build up to the end is perfect.

It was worth it yeah but the last ep had a lot of wankery in it.

TBH the worst part is/will always be encountering people who think they've got the ending and every other little mystery figured out, when objectively Lynch/Frost simply didn't provide enough information, and the "rules" of their superatural landscape shift so often that it's futile to try to pin anything down. Even Cooper was confused at the end.

That's not to say I disliked the ending or the show. I liked all of it, loved much of it. But there's going to be this tinge of annoyance at the end. Lynch could have done a little better, even within a framework of open-ended weirdness. Even a lot of the weird touches and disjunctures just weren't interesting enough. I mean, interesting enough for anyone else but not quite up to top Lynch standard.

8/10 overall. Still great.

They have figured it out though. Dale saved Laura, she ended up living another life. He took her back to Twin Peaks (the return) and she heard her mum calling her name. It bought everything back, she screamed and woke up.

Lynch just likes to throw in some weird-looking women and men - and people acting weird - just to be different/contrarian.

He stretched that stuff to near breaking point, knowing
people would be watching the end of the ep coming up.

He knows how to work an audience's nerves.

I hope for a season 4, even though it would probably just have another sudden ending. That being said, I am less upset about where things were left off than at the end of S2. I know things are up in the air at the end of S3, but I feel like they are how they are supposed to be, whether Coop fucked things up or not. At the end of S2, sure we could speculate that after 25 years Coop would somehow get out, but him just being stuck there in an unknown fate really bothered me somehow. I was really happy that he was going to get out after all of that time and overall I'd say I'm still satisfied with it.

I haven't seen many people bring up the long nosed woman going down the stairs at the black lodge right after Coop and the one armed man go up it.

I feel like up until the last few episodes, other than a few disconnected asides, Judy has been a distant force in the story, with BOB being the primary antagonist, but right there at the end it seems like she really got involved in a pretty terrifying and menacing way.

Sarah/Judy stabbing the Laura photo
The long nosed woman going down the stairs
The electrical sounds right before Laura gets snatched from Coop's hand
Possibly the other Diane outside the motel?
*Laura* working at Judy's
Whatever was going on in *Laura*'s life that led to the dead guy in her house and the guy she was hoping was caught.
The car following them

I'm sure I'm missing some I noticed or didn't even notice other things. If we do get another series, Judy is going to be a far worse problem than BOB ever was.

Did we ever get more information on who was involved with the glass box?

This is what really hit me.

I thought that was the jumping man.
But if you think about it, those nosey mask are well, masks, even the Tremond kid had one.
I believe Sarah knew more about Laura's molestation that she let on at first or even in FWWM, by the BOB/Judy analogy she probably even encourage it.

I don't recall what part this was, but when Mr. C goes up the stairs to meet with Jeffries, guided by one of the woodsmen, you can see the face of Sarah on the Jumping Man.

You ever listen to Lynch's album Blue Bob? He calls it a driving album. Essentially music designed especially for these kinds of scenes.

He looked older in season 1's flashforward.

There was a video of a guy explaining how twin peaks is about how degeneracy ruined the world, it was posted here, it was a guy that also made a review of baby driver and call it millenial shit, do anyone know the name of that youtuber?

They could film it on a shoe string budget, they've sent Cooper/Richard to the "real" world. Just look at Inland Empire.

They look like ayy lmaos.

Not happening lad, it's over

It was.

No you can't.

will lynch wait another 25 years again?

I hope not.

I was so confused when I watched it.

I thought something is going to happen, but nope bluebawls and a minor fuck you faggot from dabid Lynch.
Now I we've got to wait 25 years for the next season.

gib gibs to dabid lynch so he can make twin peaks season 4 and gib digits.

Fuck that, I'm not gonna wait for Lynch to squeeze out another drawn-out blueballing season.

I've heard good things about this show, someone even called it the Swedish Twin Peaks.

is it on HBO Go or netflix?

I don't think he can, most of the cast will be dead by then.

No idea. I don't have either.
If I like the show after torrenting it, I’ll buy it on blu-ray.

I did bite the bullet and subscribed to a streaming site that is in Norway called sumo.tv2.no/c-more/ which had season 1 only(I think, if it's not both seasons together that makes it 10 episodes). Either way for me it's 179nkr down the toilet.

Don't underestimate Dabid he could probably be the first human to be up to 200 years old just to fuck with people, make twin peaks into 10 seasons only to say, I did not know what I was doing all along.

that would be kickass.

Hver sesong har 10 episoder - ihvertfall har den første sesongen det.

Denne torrenten har bra med seedere, og valgfrie (svenske?) undertekster: btdb.to/torrent/noX8xNM7XPHX486NW4MqU4n3Gp3YgDFlbb.html

OK, det er bare så vansklig å finne bra torrent-sider nå for tida siden telenor har fanken meg bannet så mye sider å gå på

Så takker så meget for dette.

BTDB er go-to siden jeg bruker når jeg skal finne noe - alt fra musikk til filmer til lydbøker.
RuTracker.org har også mye bra musikk i flac

Du bør se deg om etter en VPN så du kan skjule IP-adressen din - både til torrenting og til vanlig browsing.
Jeg har brukt PIA i om lag fire år nå.

nettet har gått til helvete så bruker mobilen for internet.
Også har høst influenza kommet hard på meg, nå er jeg veldig lei av hodeverk.

Slik som du holder på er det ikke lenge før politiet banker på døra, eller i det minste får en saftig regning for piratnedlasting i postkassen.

vet ikke famalam siden jeg betaler for det jeg vill se på. har ikke brukt torrents på en veldig lang stund.

I believe that.

lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/informacion/2017/09/05/twin-peaks-regreso-18-horas-dentro-universo-lynch/00031504632078926714888.htm
archive.is/ElNtu
There's a spaniard review that points out these meta elements of the series.
Because of the little fan pandering
Because Dougie at the front oposses the Über smart deductive characters like we've seen in things like Sherlock explicitly citing: Aaron Sorkin, David Simon o Noah Hawley.
Dougie has literally no character, no motivation, technically no lines on his own, survives just because and his arc ends by accidentally killing himself yet people seem to love him, unless you're a Coffee & Pie fag.
Points out how just like the original, puts contrast on how stale this "Golden Age of TV" has become, because even if everyone is doing complex plots, they're still ripping off one another and overusing "Badass"cliffhangers just like it the late 90's, meanwhile Twin Peaks just ends the episode whenever and puts cliffhangers to scenes in the middle of the episode.
Because it breaks the simplistic writting of today that says "Everything shown in a history must have a purpose with no artistic decorations useless content".

Cool which show, %99 of The Return was fan pandering?

Explain yourself.

Dougie is one of the best characters and he transforms into Dale Cooper that is the reason he is the best one.

Should've been condensed into 8-10 episodes. Hopefully somebody makes a fan edit that cuts out all the filler such as
Etc

That filler has a purpose, to filler.

(the first) Dougie is/was a tulpa, right?
And Mr. C (the real Cooper?) was shot and killed by Lucy.

LOOK MOM I POSTED MEME PEAKS AGAIN LEL LEL

It's pretty clear that the original intent of Twin Peaks was to show how small, close-knit, religious communities have lost their spiritualism are being ravaged by drugs and sexual degeneracy.

No it's purpose is to be "non-conventional" for the sake of it, but sometimes convention is desirable.
Fuck right off

Did the seventh season of Game of Thrones teach you nothing? Sometimes less is less.

Her awful life was caused by the breakdown of the family, drugs and sexual degeneracy. Everybody in the town had lost their minds. The town even looked like the 1950s to drive the point home.

Dougie was Dale's doppelganer's tulpa. The real Dale replaced Dougie, sending Dougie back to the Lodge. The doppelganger was killed by Lucy.

You need to take off your /christ/goggles when you watch this m8.

I'd like to think there is a happy middle ground between the rushed mess of GoT S07, and the lingering for lingering's sake of Twin Peaks Return. I still enjoyed TP's new season more than GoT's, if I have to choice between the two.

so when Dougie came back home in the last episode, who was that?

No, it doesn't matter if Lynch is a Buddhist or whatever. The fact is that he grew up in a Christian society and he subconsciously feels the deterioration of said society. His entire life's work revolves around exploring the subconscious and it's very clear what his subconscious anxieties are.

You see what you want to see.

Pandering to fans of Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive, maybe. People who are fans of Twin Peaks but not fans of David Lynch have been pulling their hair out over this season.

Those scenes were great though.
I'll admit, I could have done with a few less scenes of Gordon and Albert stairing at each other saying nothing, and I don't know if we really needed the whole NiN song.

OK. Here's how it went

Maybe so.

Actually the fate of Laura was caused because her father raped her, because someone raped her father and I bet you the owl demon raped the real Bob as a kid trough an earlier generation.
If anything Lynch is trying to say society has always been rotten but we didn't look at the fungus and rot because is unconfortable to look at the degeneracy, now that degeneracy is everywhere to be looked at we're healthier, the degenerates are still a minority in society, most normal people just carry on with their lives.
Kinda like when you clean a house, at the middle point the house looks dirtier.

This is shown in practice, as Cooper works on Laura's case some nasty shit gets out but he stops a rapist and ends a prostitution and drug ring in the process.

Twin Peaks and the OINKED meme are the two things saving Holla Forums

It could have used a tighter script, Dougie reuniting with his family was the most satisfying thing in the season. Lynch doesn't seem to like the writing aspect and just wants to shoot a bunch of scenes so it's no wonder it ends up like it does.

This Richard stuff seems like Dougie 2.0, I don't see the point in doing the same thing again for season 4.

There is no Season 4. The show ended.

Yeah, Frost should've tried to rein him in a bit so we could have gotten a tighter, more coherent story.

As it is now, it comes off as Lynch just taking a casual glance at the script, then shooting a bunch of scenes and only trying to work it all into a story that makes sense in the editing room.

Go watch Game of Thrones. Season 3 of Twin Peaks was good precisely because it wasn't just serving the plot, it was meditative and relaxing. It was mysterious and surreal. Making it "tighter and more coherent" would have ruined it.

There's a lot of stuff I love in The Return (Dougie Jones, Purple Room, Episode 8, the finale), but it doesn't seem to add anything substantial to the themes of Twin Peaks - only reinforcing existing ideas.

Cooper is already established to be a flawed hero in the Season 2 finale. Hawk had warned Cooper of the dangers of the Black Lodge and that if he was unprepared, it would 'annihilate his soul'. He naively thought he could face the Lodge's obstacles and save the day, but he his met with total destruction.

By the end of The Return, he has not learned from this process. I thought perhaps Dougie Jones would be part of the journey towards his spiritual awakening, but it seems as though that journey is redundant (unless it is followed up by a fourth season).

It makes me wonder what exactly Lynch's purpose in reviving the series was if he was going to repeat the same ideas, albeit in a very emotionally powerful manner.

Could you be any more pretentious and obnoxious if you tried?

Many directors can come up with interesting visuals, but it takes a great director to combine visuals and story into one.
I can't shake off the feeling that Lynch has gotten lazy on his old days, and couldn't be bothered trying to connect all the plotlines.

Why would it? It's a continuation of Twin Peaks, not a new piece. A work of art is the entire thing, they already defined the themes in the first two seasons and the movie, there's no reason for new themes, it would just make it a lesser piece, detract from the whole.

Would have been godtier if it ended with rescuing Laura.

Instead, we get 16 episodes of shit cooper + 200 characters we don't care about for a bullshit ending.

I told you to go watch Game of Thrones because that is a show which has become nothing more than quickly getting form point A to point B. It's the sort of thing you were asking for. Now you're complaining about plotlines, like all stories need to follow some sort of formula where everything is answered, and every scene ties into the "Plot" Twin Peaks was never about that. It's a show about mystery, about dreams. Do you dreams operate on the basis of Hollywood plot formulas? On script writing guides?

Really makes you think.

How would adding more detract from the whole? If both the original series and the film deal with the same themes as this new series, then what ultimately is the purpose it being brought back? I think the ideas I'm referring to are conveyed perfectly well in what had preceded The Return, there wasn't really any need for it to have been made.

It doesn't make it less enjoyable, since as I've already said, there's a lot in the new series which I love. However, without that strong underlying purpose, it's more like a series of very engaging vignettes rather than a cohesive whole. Considering the fact that - unlike the original series - this was all pre-planned, you can't deny that it is a little disappointing.

The purpose was to make the themes more clear, to try to get the audience and Twin Peaks fans to understand what the points they were trying to convey were, since so many people didn't understand the original ending.

And now you are making shit up.
I said I wanted a more coherent story, with plotlines that actually went somewhere. If it takes a long time for the story to get there, fine - I'm all for that. it doesn't have to explain everything outright, ideally it'd leave a lot to be implied, but this season comes off as Lynch does not have the full picture himself.

Go fuck yourself with that Game of Thrones shit
Yeah, I had a real fucking blast watching Dr. Jacoby recieve and spray paint shovels, or watch the new Renault brother stand behind the bar while someone mops the floor. If that is the kind of shit you dream about, you can keep your dreams to yourself.

Yes, I can, because I wasn't disappointed at all.

Just write your own story. If you're this angry that Lynch's story isn't what you wanted it to be, go write your own.

Perhaps. Judging by people's negative reaction to the finale, specifically how it approaches Cooper, you're right that most people did not understand the original ending.

How do you feel about the seeming insignificance of the other plot threads outside of Cooper's story? Some I think provided texture to the world, but others seemed to go nowhere (Ben Horne, Mr. C, Red)

Those are the only examples you could think of for something with a more coherent story?
Either we can watch a show that comes off a series of disconnected scenes that often tend to drag on for longer than necessary, or we can watch some normie shit with tits and explosions. Great stuff, m8.

I've yet to rewatch the entire season, but I think there's go to be relevance to the overarching themes within those plot points. For example, the characters of Richard and Steven, the two young men in Twin Peaks, they're both destroyed in different ways. Richard by his father, and Steven by the degenerate world around him, they're both victims in an interesting way.

As for Ben Horne, I think that he, and his brother, are part of Richard's story, his brother watches Richard die, and does nothing to stop it, while Ben seems to be annoyed with Richard, but never really did anything to make him a better person. He looks back nostalgically at his childhood, the story with the bike, but he looks with disdain on his own grandson. He's the personification of the entire boomer generation that sold away the future of their lineage for their own hedonism. Ben Horne is rich and owns a lot of stuff, but he is unhappy and has no legacy.

I used the examples of Disney Wars and Game of Plebs because they are two things which perfectly follow the cookie cutter conventions you're interested in seeing injected into Twin Peaks.

And wanting a more coherent story, like the two first season, means one must enjoy mindless drivel.
Hey, at least you didn't suggest Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of New York or some other reality show, so I guess that's something.

Season 2 was very bad for the majority of its episodes. It only had a few decent parts.

Yeah, it did fall apart after the killer was revealed, and Windom Earle was introduced and the pointless James/Laura plot, but there was still enough there to keep my interest till the end.

ah ok yes, a fucking clone out of thin air, thought I missed a scene
B R A V O F R O S T

B R A V O L Y N C H

watched this series because it's not tv-by-the-numbers and it had amazing isolated setpieces, like a few random intriguing short art films weaved together

but goddamn the overall story is stupid. makes it impossible to care about any of it.

So the entire thing was just some guy named Richard's dream?

Negro, fucking Aristotle argued a couple of thousand years ago that wasting your audience's time with pointless shit doesn't make for good storytelling.

Faggot, that's only to settle plotpoints, you can't just settle a '''''__mood__''''' with *DEEP LORE* scenes. Not to mention moods like desperation, anxiety or impatience.
He had many chances to advance the plot in mere minutes but he rejects them all, even the police guys characters just throw Dougie's info at the thrash and laugh it off, because rushing things goes against the mood.

And Aristotle dealt with faggy Homeros fanfic plays and never had a chance of seeing auteur kinography.

LOL there are fucking clones in tween peaks I knew this show was fucking retarded, thank god i never bothered, you should all slap your whore mothers

No, there are no clones; there are doppelgängers and tulpas.

what am i even supposed to say to that, pic related is the kind of person that enjoys tween peeks

So, I just finished the first episode of ‘Jordskott’, and I am already hooked on this show.

There are definitely some nods to Frost & Lynch’s ‘Twin Peaks’, with the comfy small-town setting, the rich lumber-mill-owning family, slightly quirky characters, characters eating pie and drinking coffee, the abduction mystery and weird, seemingly paranormal goings-on in the surrounding forest.

It is definitely much more like the two first seasons of ‘Twin Peaks’ based on the first episode – Lynch-light if you will.

The setting and tone of the episode reminded me of a common theme in Scandinavian folklore: children who are abducted by supernatural subterranean entities (‘vättar’ in Swedish – elfs, hulder, dwarfs, etc.). This is also a theme in the art of John Bauer, who made the 1913 painting of Tuvstarr kneeling by the forest tarn, looking down into the water – very similar to the scene(s) with Eva and her daughter. I would rather see a show make use of/reference this kind of actual folklore, than the artificially constructed mythology we saw in ‘Twin Peaks’.

sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvstarr_(sagofigur)

Rehabilitating the public view of FWWM.

Is it pozzed? I'm not going to watch it if it promotes race mixing.

Only saw one nigger in the first episode – some nurse/orderly at the hospital, and it was a very brief scene.

The show is set in a small town in rural Sweden, so chances are good all major characters will be white.

There is a Finnish character in the show though, so there is that.

Male or female?

Male - he is on screen for like 10-15 seconds, and you mostly see his hands as he helps keep the patient still.

dropped

Lol, not gonna watch this shit. I bet you anything that they introduce more non-whites later on, and they all are 100% good, while all the villains end up being white men. I've been burned enough times to know when not to start watching something.

Torrent was 70 percent done. Deleted it.

I’m not sure there will be any human villains – there could be some antagonists, but so far I get the feeling that there is some paranormal force in the forest that is responsible for the abductions, caused by the sawmill cutting down more ancient forest in certain areas.

So far ‘Twin Peaks’ have more minorities than this show – they had two receptionists at the great Northern and Hawk in seasons one and two.

Hawk is basically white. Also, I live in America, so I guess I'm used to seeing non-whites everywhere here. It just disgusts me to see movies or shows set in Europe full of non-whites. It's sick.

I hear you 100%.
I don’t think you should drop the show because of some extras/background characters though. The main character, Eva Thörnblad, (heiress to the sawmill, and a police detective), is an interesting and mostly likeable character. She has a few moments where she reminded me of Ripley from ‘Alien’ & ‘Aliens’, but her motivation is similar to Ripley’s in ‘Aliens’. All the other characters have some depth to them as well, even the antagonists are portrayed in a realistic way – there are no stereotypical evil villains so far.
If you are looking for something à la the first season of ‘Twin Peaks’, a detective thriller with a weird/paranormal occurrences, this is probably the closest you’ll get. Very high production values and calibre of the actors and actresses – the murder and kidnapping mystery is very interesting. As I suspected from the first episode/part, the show draws inspiration from Scandinavian folklore, which I find much more appealing than the constructed mythology of ‘Twin Peaks’.

I just finished episode/part four, and so far there are even a few, vague non-PC themes in the show as well:
* One of the police detectives, Tom, talked about his ex-wife and her lawyer not letting him see his ten-year-old autistic(?) daughter.
* There is also another character, probably on the autism spectrum somewhere, who was taken away from his mother and put in a mental institution. The mother ended up in a very heated argument with the head doctor there, who recommended that the son be kept there and heavily medicated to keep him docile.
Clearly the show does not portray the institution and their use of medications to keep people docile in a positive light.

I also recognised a one of the female police officers on the show as one of the qts from the underrated vampire horror/comedy ‘Frostbiten’ from 2006. She’s aged very well tbh.

Possibly major plot spoiler: Fucking changelings, man!

nah, this show did not have the charm or the fun of Twin Peaks. If you re-watch Twin Peaks you get a sense of warmth inside even when the subject-matter is fucked up.
This was an atypical Swedish thriller/crime show. So I felt like I wasted a good 179nkr down the drain and the second season does not start until October I think it was and that is not even in the same town.

I think the season 1 blu-ray costs like 140kr at CDON, so you got ripped off, mate.

It does lack the same charm of the original ‘Twin Peaks’, the positive and quirky Cooper, in particular, but it also feels a lot more coherent and focused as well. The original ‘Twin Peaks’ was also a parody of soap operas, whereas this seems to be a more traditional detective thriller with with a paranormal threat.

I quite enjoy the rural Swedish setting in this quite a bit actually – it isn’t the same, but Ithink I enjoy this more than season 3 so far. Heresy, I know.

I dunno, but if it's too coherent and focused it has already lost something that Twin Peaks has but the biggest crime by far that it did not have was surrealism so when people say hur it's the Swedish Twin Peaks and I'm hungry for more Twin Peaks, I want my dreamy scenes or a quirky character like Dale Cooper. Not some angry cunt that acts like she is THICC but ain't.

So I will get more Twin Peaks if I watch Return.

Dougie/Cooper in season 3 reminded me of the protagonist in the 1968 adaptation of M. R. James’ ‘Oh, Whistle, And I’ll Come To You, My Lad’, seemingly only half-awake. Whereas in the original ghost story, the protagonist behaved normal and rationally, the character in the TV episode seemed to be in a permanent state of half-sentience.

The TV episode was very dream-like though, and very well shot. The scenes on the beach were very effective and visually striking. So that might be something for you, though, I’d recommend reading the story first, it is quite short and in the public domain now.

Well, if you want more in the style of classic TP then pic related is fairly good.

this seems like my cup of tea

I have to hock on my ps triple to play this vidya game.

I've been wanting to give this a try, but it seems like you have to deal with a lot of bugs and less than optimal game mechanics in order to enjoy this game.

The shittiness of it gives it a lot of charm like lo-fi on some music, however the bugs run deep that even if you did get everything ironed out you'd still crash every hour~ or so.

The improved version is on PC.

I dunno famalam but I got a nostalgia boner when it comes to play on a PS system, it kinda makes my dick go hard and empty my man mayonnaise on a piece of bread with a little meat n cheese makes it an awesome sandwich.

Are you so invested in the current nihilist hedonism schema that you must defame the past to avoid criticizing the present? You're wrong in all the ways that really matter.

You've probably been deceived by psychoanalytic ideas about repression; Psychiatry is operated by rent-seeking hacks and perverts and has been for more than a century.

I don't remember getting any crashes in the intial 360 release. I heard the special edition had more problems.

The closest another show has come to Twin Peaks for me is the Danish series Riget. It even runs for two seasons and ends on a cliffhanger that never gets resolved.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that whatever we're dealing now isn't bad but the past wasn't any better.
Personal tale: once my drunk uncle told me in tears that he was molested by the pedo next door as a kid, when he told his parents they responded with a "You have such an imagination" type bullshit and was told that "Those things don't happen." he told them again to be shut up because "He shouldn't say those things in public".
I bet you that the amount of fucking monsters are the same know as before but for once I'm glad that they're exposed and out.

why does he wear the mask?

It's really a lot closer to a long drawn out episode of the X-Files than Twin Peaks. Very enjoyable for what it is, but it's way more straight forward than TP.

To defend from the zombie gas.

waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

That is the best take on the ending.

The setting, initial investigation, the Bookhouse Boy-esque group, the red herrings, the many characters, all with their own agendas, is very reminiscent of the original TP series.

Though, I agree that it lacks the dreamlike atmosphere of Lynch’s direction.
I’ve only ever watched the first season of ‘The X-Files’, and while there were a few entertaining episodes (such as the one starring Michael Horse, Hawk from TP), I wasn’t too into the whole ayy lmao conspiracy of the show. In fact, most of the episodes I enjoyed were standalone episodes that didn’t deal with ayy lmaos and impossible top secret government cover-ups.

Also, Storm turned out to be the best character of ‘Jordskott’ by far, and he did nothing wrong. I would have loved to see a spin-off/prequel about him and his dog tracking down and neutralising monsters.

Depending on "Who's the dreamer" (Laura, Lynch, Coop, the audience, ect.) there's a different ending interpretation, that questions was definitely the correct one to ask.

If it wasn't a dream then Cooper is just Jeffries now and is unstuck in time, little by little forgetting who he is in every different person he assumes in each timeline.
I guess Jeffries just retired to a kettle.

I wonder how Twin Peaks would have turned out if they didn't go down the supernatural path, have all the weirdness due to eccentric people not alternate world demons that travel through electricity.

Would Twin Peaks be considered Lovecraftian?

No. Lynch, like Lovecraft, is an original. He's an auteur. He's created his own aesthetic, he's not aping Lovecraft's

Lynch is very similar to Lovecraft in the sense that he does whatever he feels like and lets people to come up with their own conclusions later. I can see "lynchian" becoming another meaningless buzzword after his death used to describe things that had nothing to do with his work, just like lovecraftian.

They do also share the whole dream fascination thing.

Fuck, I just noticed the actor who played Storm (Ville Virtanen) played Eerik in the Finnish horror film Sauna from 2008. I didn’t recognize him till he shaved his head.

That user looking who wanted the dream like atmosphere of Twin Peaks: The Return, should check it out Sauna. It is a very atmospheric, slow burn horror that feels like a beautiful nightmarish trip – very non-traditional horror that relays on atmosphere and mood rather than jumpscares, and it leaves the viewer wondering and thinking about it longer afterwards. A very haunting film that doesn’t get nearly enough attention or praise IMHO. One of my all time favourites when it comes to horror.
krelllabs.blogspot.com/2010/11/terra-incognito.html

There a certainly some aspects of it that are very Lovecraftian – alternate dimensions, the powerful cosmic forces that affect human lives, seeping in thru our dreams and even into reality where it causes terror and death, people being possessed by these forces, & the futility of trying to fight these forces, to name a few.

But, on the other hand you have the weird, Lynchian characters and humour that doesn’t fit in a Lovecraftian horror story. A true Lovecraftian story should be devoid of any humour & romance, it should be bleak, nihilistic and at best the characters manage to stall the horror for a time, go mad, or die.

You should actually read Lovecraft. Like all good horror authors he knew that some levity improved the impact of suspension.

Sounds like you should, since you clearly have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

I'm not even going to explain it you, because you would know what I'm talking about if you weren't some secondary shitter going on about muh nihilism and dude insanity lmao.

Again, you display your complete and utter ignorance on the topic. There is no place for humour in Lovecraftian horror.

“It must be remembered that there is no real reason to expect anything in particular from mankind; good and evil are local expedients – or their lack – and not in any sense cosmic truths or laws. We call a thing “good” because it promotes certain petty human conditions that we happen to like – whereas it is just as sensible to assume that all humanity is a noxious pest and should be eradicated like rats or gnats for the good of the planet or of the universe. There are no absolute values in the whole blind tragedy of mechanistic nature – nothing is good or bad except as judged from an absurdly limited point of view. The only cosmic reality is mindless, undeviating fate – automatic, unmoral, uncalculating inevitability. As human beings, our only sensible scale of values is one based on lessening the agony of existence.”
— H. P. Lovecraft, ‘Nietzscheism and Realism’ from ‘The Rainbow, Vol. I, No. 1’ (October 1921)

“It is good to be a cynic – it is better to be a contented cat – and it is best not to exist at all. Universal suicide is the most logical thing in the world – we reject it only because of our primitive cowardice and childish fear of the dark. If we were sensible we would seek death – the same blissful blank which we enjoyed before we existed.”
— H. P. Lovecraft, ‘Nietzscheism and Realism’ from ‘The Rainbow, Vol. I, No. 1’ (October 1921)

You just proved you haven't read any of his works and just want to seem smart by pretending to be literate.

And you proved you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Lovecraft at all.

A whole week late to be asking, but does anyone know what happened to Twin Peaks rips for the two finale episode? Before them, I could get high quality rips of the episodes which all look good, but could only find somewhat low quality for the finale.

I found 720p & 1080p rips on btdb.to with a decent amount of seeders.

You're a good guy, user. Thanks.

Was Lovecraft the original edgelord?

In a sense.

It would be the League of Gentlemen

I'll give a watch; I'm a real sucker for that kind of setting

I don't know about comfy. It's more of a dark humour nightmare.

More like boring.

What the fuck?
Why is there 30 posts missing?

The trained monkey Jim put in charge of running things fucked up and caused a chanwide purge of recent posts. Looks like they've brought 'em back now though.

You could check for missing posts with the Wayback Machine: web.archive.org/web/