Stargate SG-1

WHY IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5T6bk5bS9LDaIVXR55-agOd_FYgTN0TZcpZDfvnMg4/pub?output=html
hooktube.com/watch?v=Kvjv6q3YDGc
thingiverse.com/thing:1603423
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because the only nigger in it is an alien with no agency kept in containment in a secret govt base when not elsewhere in the galaxy.

Also it's a metaphore for something that actually exists, and is even more amazing. Use "stargate" as a codeword in CIA reading room search query.

sage shit threads

Were any of the offshoots good?

All of them. Each better than the last.

Never seen any of this shit

Remember that episode where Odo started the race war?

Also has best weapons.

It's amazing user.

Nah they definitely aren't as good as the original, but they're still acceptable.

Gotcha, well I'm downloading the movie and SG-1 now. This scene definitely gives me hope that I'm in for something decent.

Does that frankengun that Sam used actually exist?

There are episodes that are very good but don't have any effect later on and there are some (like S01E05) that aren't that good but either are important later, even though they aren't part of the main arc, or are at least referenced.

Episodes that you should probbly skip. The rest are either good or important to the story later on:
Season 01:
Season 02:
Season 03:
Season 04:
Season 05:
Season 06:
Season 07:
Season 08:
Also, I'd stop at episode 17 or 18 of this season.

Thank you user, but that was just about SG1 right? What about the rest of the series, should I skip any thing.

Yeah, I only saw SG-1.

It was hilariously stupid propaganda that they left him there with the repository of knowledge because muh racists. Literally risking the whole fucking earth because muh space genocide.

cool, thanks for the quick viewing guide. I'll do that.

also, what happened that made season 10 so bad?

It should have ended at season 08, that's what.

Atlantis is fucking great. Biological warfare, experiments on prisoners, torture, nuclear exterminatus of sentient robots, brainwashing, attempting to "fix" aliens by genetic manipulation, failing at that and deciding to exterminate failed experiments instead. Until they decided on a plan to "fix" a bunch of alien ships so unfixed aliens can eat them thus reducing their overall population. And all of that was made possible by Civilian leadership of expedition.
They even had their own Josef Mengele, the nicest guy around. He developed the vaccine that kills you with 50% chance, and kills aliens that try to feed on you. He developed virus that was supposed to fix aliens so they are more like real humans and some other shit, cant remember. All while maintaining "the nicest guy around, the kind hearth doctor".
Basically human from earth life worth 10-20 of non earth humans. And alien life worth about a magazine of ammo unless they are requested by science team for some reason.

its p90
im not even /k/ and i know this shit

Unlike the pretentious battle star reboot. It was fun

I still have no idea why they kept using a gun designed for vehicle crews that fires a pistol round when they could just field M1 carbines.

And at no point in the show was it ever explained how they manage to talk to all the various cultures and aliens they encounter.

Why did they never teach him to say it right?

Never thought of it that way but you're right.

One of the few major flaws about atlantis was Teyla. I never did learn to like her as a character, she was hardly useful at all and boring a lot of the time. The original SG-1 team had really good chemistry, fun dialogue and they played well off of each other. In SGA, Sheppard, McKay and Ronon have very good chemistry but Teyla feels like she's just along for the ride. I get that they wanted the same composition of characters as SG-1, but Teyla is never seen to be as useful as Daniel even though she's obviously supposed to be the one who knows about culture in that galaxy.

They supposedly learn some alien languages and use them. Sometimes they have language barrier for the plot reasons. But in general it would simply be impossible to make a show where every single encounter has language barrier. They used to have linguist on the team.
And some aliens are supposedly super smart and therefore they able to speak human language. But in the end it was the only possible way to do it.

That happen a lot with female characters. They are good for one thing and surprise, she became pregnant. Thankfully we were able to see less and less of her and more of Jewel Staite instead.

Why not just hand them over some Babel Fish technology and handwave the shit away instead of pretending there is no problem?

Sometimes they also need translation problems for plot reasons. You cant win either way.

There was a girl in my class who looked a lot like Jewel Staite while I was watching it and jesus christ all of my HHHNNNGHH. Too bad she smelled weird and was pretty autistic.

People would have probably complained about that too.

Carter did use an propped up AR when P90s and 5.7 blanks became rare at the start of the Iraq war (actual military contracts are more worth a manufacture's time than a Canadian filmed TV series). Only real problem is the thumbhole stock is utterly pointless outside of a restricted state and 5.56 at that barrel length is a pea shooter. Make it in 300 blackout (and add a surpressor while you're at it) with a normal stock+pistol grip and it's an acceptable rifle.

M1 carbines are shit: They jam all the time, even if you try to select for reliability you still can't get through a shooting match let alone combat without a ton of jams. Also 30 carbine is a shit round.

5.7 is very good at penetrating armor, which is quite useful when you have to fight super strong guys (and the symbiotes will likely let them eat bullets beyond normal human tolerance. Something like those guys on heavy drugs the cops have to shoot dozens of times to kill) in super science metal armor. Most of the time SG-1 plays diplomat and researcher instead of assault team, so having them lug around a full rifle (even a carbine) is impractical (note SG-3 and the other Marine teams who ARE entirely for combat do use M16s).

It's trivial to make the database limited in what languages it could do.

It could be limited to a loosely definied "language group". Our current machine translators can do romance language to romance languages pretty acceptably but fail at crossing language families. Hell, just making it vocal only is an easily explained out and gives plenty of good reason to keep dedicated linguists on staff. Pretty much all the times language difference was important it was with written words anyways.

And how is it better?

Great fucking idea.

They did all they could with it. They had more than 5 episodes dedicated language problems already.

What is the best cut of the movie? I found the extended cut but some of the scenes get awkwardly cut off. Is there a fan version that takes the directors and extended cuts and puts them together?

Because it is a comfy friend-simulator with likeable characters.

why did they show a 11 year old girls naked chest

I don't believe you

DOO DOO CACA STINKY POO POO

you gay bro?
cuz she was fucking awesome in that show. they never played her like some over the top, "i beat up boyz" badass, she just was. she had a great voice and never felt tacked on. Also she was pretty hawt for a midget. She was along for the ride, just like every non terran was because they had control of the fucking ancient city. Teyla wasnt boring, She was serious, and she still managed to have good bantz with the other characters. That's like complaining a vulcan is boring. You really are clueless, arent ya.

they hid those fucking tits from me for 7 years. i'll never forgive them for that shit.

Teyla was a good character in the first season, she had a role in the team, then when they introduced another alien (the one-dimensional Ronon) she became a random extra in the background of every scene.
Mallozzi is a hack, he doesn't know how to write character interactions, that's why you end up with Shepard saying "wait, you're pregnant? You have a boyfriend? Since when?".
I'm surprised that the actress didn't ask to leave the show like Tori Higginson did when she had enough of her character having no development while being the leader of the expedition.

Because they acting is (except for Carter) good, the Cast is likeable, the idea is creative and new, it has cool armour and weapons, the story is good and the special effects still hold up today.

It always struck me as being tonally similar to Star Trek TOS It's the best Trek. DS9 can go fly a kite in that it takes itself just seriously enough, and has a fun, low-key sort of campy quality to it. Pretty much all of the regular cast are likable. It's just about the only long-running science fiction series I can think of that remained consistently pretty good for its entire run. I know people shit on seasons 9 and 10, but I still found it enjoyable (though that may come down to my inability to dislike Ben Browder. He's a consistently entertaining character actor and I enjoyed seeing him join SG-1's regular cast).

Also, as another user mentioned in a previous SG-1 thread, watching the continual escalation of humanity's power and influence in the galaxy gives me a boner.

i can agree about seeing teyla as redundant after ronin got added because they did sorta serve the same purpose, but i was always glad to see teyla on screen. maybe it was just because i was crushing hard on her at the time but she's seriously one of my favorite things on the show. her wraith connection, her stoicness and the thing between her and michael. It all felt worthwhile to me. also that time she impersonated a wraith queen. i never once groaned when her story was being fleshed out. She's quality imo.

but maybe i need to rewatch it and be objective to see what you're pointing out.

HAHA
yes. this right here. this is why i loved this show, weir would constantly try to upstage my main man shep and he would always shut her down. I'm sure the actress hated it but that's just reality unfolding on screen. all that fairplay lets be friends crap doesnt fly in the field. Diplomacy is just a nice way of saying that you intend to spy cheat and steal your way to victory.

She was meant to be the annoying foil to a better character. alot of people probably take offense to it, but every show needs it's lisa simpson.

I was talking about the other one, not the p90

Thank God it wasn't made in the current year

bump

last bump

I haven't seen this but it looks pretty comfy

You are right to doubt that. She was actually 12.

Pics?

It was Cassandra in one of the first episodes she was in. I was re-watching it recently, surprised it was allowed on tv.

SG1 feels better to me because they were happy to commit genocide on aliens if they posed any threat, which is a lot more realistic than any interactions with aliens you'd find in Star Trek.

It was good for several seasons, like 4 if I recall, then went to shit after awhile when normies picked it up and it started getting spin offs like atlantis. I think that's why Richard Dean Anderson started taking off and they introduced more faggots to replace him. Once they got rid of one of the first main villains Ra or whatever it was on a decline.

The had hardcore nudity in the pilot.

The show was going for a HBO type thing early on.

fair enough, but even then child nudity has always been taboo as fuck in american media, particularly after the 70's

late 90's is really pushing it

kek

It was a little girl's completely flat chest. That didn't use to be considered "nudity", American TV would show that without a second thought until about 20-30 years ago. Probably it honestly didn't occur to anyone involved in the production that they were doing anything "risqué" (which really, they weren't).

So it's okay to post it here.

I loved SG-1 and Universe, but for some reasons I skipped Atlantis.
This thread will make me give it another shot (I hope it can still be found online)

and they've been selling bikini tops and full body swimsuits for little girls for how long?
what's your point m8

this wasn't a toddler either. It was a girl near puberty. so fuck off with that "no risque" shit. clearly the first season was edgier

because the only thing worse than writing that the little girl gets her chest exposed is the guy who objects to it.
It's hard to bring it up without looking like a pedophile yourself.

Well, I need a follow up to the SG-1 quickviewing guide. Should I pick up Atlantis and watch it all? Reviews seem positive.

Why don't you autists put together a few more of these guides in a thread. So that people don't have to browse reddit for any.

The crew had infinite worlds to explore due to Star Gate system and it didnt fall into the stereotypical "Good guys always win/save the day", for example you had entire episodes where they try they best only in the last 5 minutes the bad guys prevail and wipe out the entire region and Star Gate crew is forced to retreat in humiliation.

It combined good elements like adventure + scifi + space travel

Carter is cute, CUTE!

May be except last season, I think it has only one good episode. It was called "Vegas" you can watch the rest of episodes of last season in background.

Same thing, last seasons were boring.

It's on piratebay. Also

Makes me worried. Does every series leave a bad taste in your mouth after the ending or something? Almost finished with season 1 of sg-1 and really enjoying it so far.

SG1 has 10 seasons and atlantis basically lost funding or something like this. Atlantis last season is not terrible but SG1 are. Mix of boring stupid and annoying.

They lost their creativity and turned the show into SG-1.5

The problem with the 10th season is that they kind of knew that it as going to get cancelled but continued to make too many stand alone episodes instead of focusing on the main story.

Who is best character and why is it Siler?

Carter is cute, CUTE!

She was Atlantis' Neelix.
Her body is nice but her face could use some work.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5T6bk5bS9LDaIVXR55-agOd_FYgTN0TZcpZDfvnMg4/pub?output=html

She hardly ever showed her body and her face was just disgusting. Fucking mystery meat.

I just rewatched sg-1 and sga recently, great fucking shows I miss fun adventure shows.

She's not as annoying as lisa simpson and she and shep were friends, I was surprised when she tricked and froze her robo-buddies

I just made it to season 5 and I can say it's been pretty good with only a few lame episodes per season.

are you literally retarded?

Absolute gold right here.

pls no bully pls ;_;

I concur.

S-sorry, user ;_;

One of the few acceptable niggers. At least in character.

hot

cold

if anything she was more annoying than lisa. at least lisa had the excuse of being young and idealistic. But yeah when they brought her back to finally be a useful sacrifice, that was one of the few times i enjoyed her. That's a woman's ultimate role in life - to sacrifice their body for the future.

I don't think most people would really care even today.

then post the .webm and see how the hotpockets react

ok

go make me one of these while you wait:
hooktube.com/watch?v=Kvjv6q3YDGc

you've lost me

am I supposed to "wait" for the damn page to work? What does this have to do with what I said?

The address was changed after I posted it. it's this project: thingiverse.com/thing:1603423

bumpan the only decent thread on this shit board

bumping as well

Is she /ourgirl/? She's the reason her character has charisma instead of being le generic stronk woman who needs no man.

Also what are some other characters that have Gen. Hammond's style, as in the "loveable boss man"?

god bless macguyver. he really was the lynchpin for that show. i mean everyone else brought their a game but i dont think it would have worked with anyone else.

NIGGA DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE SHOW?
this bitch was always in the tightest outfits showing off those hips and those breasts 24-7