Pop OS

Has anyone here used Pop OS? I'm slowly trying to move off of windows and I haven't seen this get talked about here.

Pretty good distro but I would recommend Kubuntu or KDE Neon instead since GNOME is a nightmare out of the box

We really need to move all these generic distro discussions to its own thread

It's not a distro from 2 guys on Holla Forums or /g/ it's a distro made by a company so I was curious how it stacked up to established distros.

Its 99% a no effort shitty fork just like every custom OS

Just use Ubuntu, faggot.

Use Devuan. It's easy as hell and they just released 1.0 of Debian Stable.

Devuan's repos contain tons of packages that will install systemd components and brick your system. Besides, SysV is easy to venerable to exploits, Devuan's website even says so.

Fuck. I meant SysV is venerable to exploits

This is why you don't phonepost.

no, you meant SysV is vulnerable to exploits

crab

If you're going to use a repackaged Ubuntu, then is more or less right, though I'm not a fan of KDE. It's not clear to me what's so special about Pop! (or many of the other distros, tbh), so perhaps I'm just a scrooge on the issue. bah humbug

Very venerabre masfter fSysfvee.

Is there a single distro that handles Multi monitor stuff well? I have mostly used debian and ubuntu and they are pretty bad if you have Really high dpi displays paired with normal ones. Mac os seems to be pretty good about it but I don't like any of apples computers.

It has a systemd shim for applications which "require" systemd, and has libsystemd for compatibility if you install stuff that "needs" systemd, but you can do a base install which doesn't instally that garbage and then build up a nice debloated system.

Not trying to be abrasive, but what is the point of these Ubuntu flavors like Kubuntu? Can't you just install KDE on regular Ubuntu? Is it to save disk space by not installing Gnome in the first place?

gentoo with a/xrandr

For the "out of the box" experience. They are targeted at newbies.

Get on the Wayland hate-train with the rest of us, user.

You're in the wrong place nigger

Get on my level.

No in this thread will ever understand the comfy feels of OpenBSD rc.d

This, use OSX. It's a superior platform for programming work.

Guys, did you see this Nova OS? It is a fork of Ubuntu by the Cuban government.

You're retarded, let me explain why
KDE Neon is a lot less user friendly than Kubuntu, it installs less GUIs.
The main selling point of KDE Neon is that it has the most up to date version of KDE out there, beating out Arch by a couple of days. It's also extremely stable, unlike Arch

Found the iSheep

just install gentoo