Lifestylism

Alright, we all know that lifestylism is a shit-tier political ideology, but it still can't hurt to act in ways consistent with your political goals when convenient. What are some leftist things you do?

I use Linux and I turn off the lights when I'm not in the room.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJd9q_0I3KQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hum the international sometimes

I have sex with brown girls and expose angry teenagers to leftist theory.

not lifestylism

satan

Should've asked for pussy or ass m8.

Then what is it? I write songs with references to leftist thought and harsh criticisms in capitalism in the lyrics, does that count?

Linux is great. If you are doing stuf that are done better on linux. For example, video editting is not done better on linux. Vydia are not always done better on linux. And, isn't pirating windows the same?
Inb4 nerds fighting over linux.

Sure. Good for you. You pay less. What, you thought you help the invironment? KEK! It's like a boat that is taking in water and while the people that are keeping the whole open are making it bigger, you say "yes, but if we each get a spoon and get the water out… … Nothing is gonna happen cause YOU don't matter! I don't matter! As long as capitalism goes on NOTHING MATTERS!

So, go on, buy a smart phone but not an iPhone, not cause "apple is exploiting" but cause there is no reason to do it only to be "part of the group". Pirate windows. It doesn't matter.

There is not such thing as ethical consumerism.

I don't know what this is a reference to. What's described in the OP is not what Murray Bookchin meant by lifestylism. But maybe you're using it in a literal sense?

We will get nowhere if we use pure lifestylism.

We will also get nowhere if we don't apply ANY lifestylism.

What about Buying Coffee from zapstistas?
I don't

no, you're still getting exploited

Sure. Can you afford it? Is it available to you? … Do you own a shop that will sell it en mass?

Using the tools of capitalism to take it down =/= consumerism. Also, living =/= consumerism.

How? Care to elaborate on this?

I shitpost on Holla Forums

Ayyyyy…

I spent a good deal of my time talking about communism, and why we need it right now.

What kind of brown girls?

Post pics you selfish bastard.

I use linux
I don't use social media and try to push free means of communication (eg. XMPP)
I live in a cohousing project where resources are shared (while not being prone to informal power abuse like a commune)
I pirate stuff except when I want to support something
I don't wear brands
I don't leave house without a book

Closed source software still violates your freedoms even if pirated.

It's GNU/Linux.

Listen to some Jewish wisdom right here to know why lifestylism is useless unless part of a larger movement.
youtube.com/watch?v=AJd9q_0I3KQ

kek, what do you think infiachan is?

Desktop linux is garbage. Nothing wrong with FOSS on principle, but freetard communities are ridden with a petty bourgeois ethos (NIH, DIY, RTFM, etc.)

We'd better socialize Apple and Microsoft.

I disagree. It's significantly better for programming and its freedom is great if you actually want to utilise it. It's also more than sufficient for very basic, grandma-level use. In many cases, things work out of the box more than on windows.
Ubuntu and mint get a very bad rap but I do think they are pushing the accesibility of linux excellently. The community problem is more due to the types of people that care enough to actually discuss operating systems.

I'm vehemently against advertising and avoid it where possible.
I also think foss is a valuable idea to the left. GPL is also a pretty good implementation within the constraints of capitalism and is a good way forward.

The point is, if we apply the teaching in the video to our context, we could say that direct action is holier than passivity out of morality.

For instance, leftists complain a lot about the gentrification of our cities and how the presence of whites in majority black and brown working class neighborhoods gives landlords an excuse to raise rents. There are leftists who say the "solution" to this is to shame white hipsters into leaving those neighborhoods, or come up with all sorts of ways to "not be a gentrifier". But then, there are other leftists who will say that the real solution is to organize tenants into a rent strike, aka direct action against landlords and their gentrifying ways. Which solves the problem: petty lifestylism and whiteness shaming, or political organizing?

I pirate all of my entertainment by principle unless I want to support the dev team (which is usually only the case with indie games/small teams)

Recycle

Bang girls of races other than my own

Spread communism among the people turning up to the soup kitchen I help out at

This is by far not enough, but can't really start weaponizing comrades before we have reached over 50% class consciousness now can we?

I listen to soviet Choirs and Marches.
I Illegally download music.
I use pirated software.
I always try to avoid paying for public transportation.
I'm always thinking about counter economics.
I'm always trying to save money.
I freelance so I avoid paying taxes.
I lurk Holla Forums
I shitpost in Holla Forums
I always recommend reading The conquest of bread to the retards that don't have a clue about non Authoritarian Communism.
I always question authority and I spread the word about questioning it all the time.

social shitposting

use debian
pirate books, music, etc
shave with a knife
drive to/from workplace on a bicycle
be classical industrial proletarian

Ethnicity? Mostly hispanic/mestizo, but I've managed to get a few ME girls. I'm not only into brown girls but something about that skintone with dark eyes and dark hair sends my dick into overdrive like nothing else can. Don't have any pics I can share without putting my identity out there.