en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment
youtu.be/e-kUH942awQ
youtu.be/Cc6as0CYVUk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_time
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equation_of_time
youtu.be/aoLSgtC_y6w
youtu.be/PJTwie0fGBo
youtu.be/s70STT65ar8
sureshemre.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/difference-between-sidereal-day-and-solar-day-on-earth/
hooktube.com/watch?v=Mcg2h--JDv4
hooktube.com/watch?v=Fb8IxKi6fUE
businessinsider.com/warm-caves-under-antarctica-which-could-support-secret-life-2017-9?IR=T
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Can't be worse then STD.

This is its best selling point, that it's not STD. That and the fact that it has some of the original writers on board(no pun intended).

Trailer

Oh yeah, got this on the calander along with some other shows.

I know it's got McFarlane, but he has always enjoyed Star Trek and has been vocal about the shittery it's been exposed to over the past ~10 years.
Plus, they've got some of the old writers, so I guess they just want to write some old Star Trek stories instead of the schlock currently being trialed by CBS.

Worth nothing that in every photo I can quickly look at in a search, there's not many minorities and there's lots of aliens, so that gives me hope that they're making it for fun, not for an agenda.

Hi Fox marketing department. If you want to be more effective start fake e-drama by picking fights with the following groups, maisefags, nuWars, and STD.

There's no need. Every single person that has left STD has said "The Orville looks pretty good".

Mind you, I do like some board drama.
Daily reminder Maisiefag is a single user who admits Maisie isn't even his actual waifu; she's 3rd or 4th

I don't get it, is it supposed to be a Star Trek parody/comedy like Space Balls was to Star Wars or a legit space adventure/drama?

It's self explanatory. It is a Star Trek style comedy show.

Lines of longitude south of the Equator are shorter than it. A flat earth would mean they'd be longer.
Also, if the earth is flat than when the sun's in the sky, the whole face of the planet would be illuminated.
Flat Earthers BTFO

I meant latitude instead of longitude.
fug

I can't believe she's that high, seriously not all English women are such munters and I have no idea why this munter gets any attention at all.

The problem with flat earthers is that they can rightly point to NASA pushing out fake imagery as real. The famous blue marble shot of Earth is a composite image, NASA makes Mars redder than it is for some reason, the list of non-sense from Never A Straight Answer is endless. This only bolsters the flat earthers. The Earth being a globe does make more sense than a flat Earth.

I want to cum on her forehead.

I mean, what can you expect from a money-guzzling failure of an organization like NASA?
That's why in the rare event I'm asked to defend a round earth, I use arguments that don't rely on the incompetent staff of NASA, but what's been observed since ancient fucking times.
Goddamn Greeks knew the earth was a sphere before telescopes. There was even one guy (Aristarchus) who proposed a heliocentric model of the universe.
Fuck.

It's a comedy set in a TOS/TNG-like universe.

No, they're not. This is disproven by every flight path + every explorer (including cpt cook) who attempted an antarctic circumnavigation.
Only in your 100% faith based heliocentric model where the sun is 93 gorillion miles away and light doesn't diffuse.

Riiiiight. Then they just kept quiet about it for 2,000 years until Copernicus showed up, right?
If they had telescopes they could have debunked the "ships disappearing over the horizon" myth themselves.
Face it, your Science is just science fiction. Shatner has said it multiple times not to mention one of your biggest spaceball proponents lawrence krauss is best known for writing a book about the "physics of star trek." It's time to put on the big boy pants and start thinking like a grown up.

Simplifying the Earth, the Sun, and the planets as a sphere makes the cosmology work instead of epicycles. Flat Earth makes no sense. If the Earth is flat then the entire planet should have daylight at the same time. But it does not. The Earth can be a sphere and NASA lying garbage at the same time.

Better than ST:D.

I'm beginning to think you and the cumskin poster are really just the same faggot.
You both stopped posting at around the same time, and then suddenly reappeared at the same time.

It's a dead board as well so he must really have to work for those replies.

No, it relies on (again) 100% faith based gravity which has never been observed tested or demonstrated. Even if the blinking lights previously known as wandering stars were spherical terra firma that would still not prove a globular earth.
Notice the people who always say that are the ones who refuse to research it and even brag about their ignorance.
Case in point, you'd see this wasn't the case if you spent a single minute looking into the subject. But you won't, because like any religious person you prefer certainty to truth.

Want to link me to those groundbreaking studies, bud?
Or are you just going to blow hot air?

discovery.com/dscovrd/nature/no-earth-isnt-flat-heres-how-ancients-proved-it/

indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/greeks-knew-earth-copernicus/

Nah, man. Obviously the Sun has a cone of light that only shines on parts of the flat earth.
Also, don't ask me why governments are trying to hide the truth, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Flat Earth faggots will always deflect when asked to provide evidence of their stupid shit.
HUEHUEHUE.
I'm still convinced the majority of them are deep-cover trolls.

You should get back to Holla Forums before they start worrying about you, faggot.

I wouldn't be surprised if he argues with himself with pasta replies, they're always worded the same and everything.
It's like the MDE threads, you can tell that faggot just copies and pastes shit.

Of course, user. Would you like to disprove gravity by walking off a cliff? :^)

That's all they are and have ever been.

Gravity might have a different explanation, I do not dispute that. But flat earthers have to make the case for a flat Earth, not people who understand basic geometry.

Sounds autistic and really boring.

It is autistic, but autists find entertainment in repetition, so I doubt he's bored.

Eratosthenes didn't prove or disprove a globe, only that the sun can't be millions of miles away. If you knew what you were talking about and/or used common sense of a 5 year old you'd know that.
I answered your question you retarded subnigger, it would only lite da hole earf if it were "millions and millions" of miles away + existed in the make believe reality where light doesn't diffuse with distance. Gif related you halfwitted dumbfuck.

Literally your only argument: point and yell heretic. You'll keep doing it too, cognitive dissonance guarantees self unawareness.

well done fucktards

Shatner is redpilled af

How does GPS work then? Why, in an age where there's instant communication around the world, hasn't someone proven the "real" distance by triangulating it? Why has no-one proved it by spending a few thousand dollars to send a high-altitude balloon up with a streaming camera?

I made this to show you just how fucking stupid you are. Is this how the sun moves across the sky in your mind?

Someone even mentions space and people start arguing about the shape of the earth. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm not even arguing mate.

I understand your position and I've tried this myself, but ALL flat earthers, without exception, are liars, and when presented with incontrovertible evidence, they just bullshit their way out of it. No matter what evidence you present to him, it runs off him like water off a raincoat.

Based on 50+ year old tech (decca and loran) adjusted to a dysfunctional globe model.
youtu.be/A0FuO8lQV18

What "real" distance are you referring to?

They have. Flat 360 degrees with horizon always rising to eye level of the observer as altitude is gained, impossible on a ball of any size. Will get back to you on the webm can't view atm.

No shit.

Hilarious coming from user with blind faith in jew relativism.
youtu.be/EdBeobHx8YE

You will always be retarded.

Nevermind. That model is right except the world is much larger, the sun does indeed approach (not rise) and recede over the horizon (not set) which is obvious once you unplug and start paying attention. Notice how it's smaller and farther away at dusk/dawn and bigger and closer at noon? Wouldn't be so if it were actually 90 bazillion miles away.

The Earth being round is not up for debate. End of discussion.

The claim that the sun is merely miles away from Earth. Do you even fucking know what triangulation is?

It doesn't matter how large you make it, it still wouldn't drop below the horizon you dense cunt. These examples are even your best case, at sea level. Anyone living any distance above sea level where they wouldn't have an obscured view (i.e. no mountains) would see the sun in the sky all day. Every plane in the sky would be able to see the sun, regardless of being daytime in that region.

You're the same faggot that shits up /x/, aren't you?

You retards do realize he only shows up to derail threads, right?
You have to, nobody falls for b8 this hard.
You're glad you're derailing the thread.
I am too tbh, I hate star trek and fuck anyone who makes threads about it

So, I was at the highest point of the planet, and I could not see a speck of light beyond our torches.
Am I missing something here? Or is Everest just as flat as the Earth?

Another story of my adventures to cold, miserable places:
So, did the government put up those giant shade clothes to fuck with me?
If Antarctica is the edge of the flat Earth, and the sun rotates according to the autistic way you two have been bickering over, then it would be impossible for the section of Antarctica I was on to be in permanent daylight.

Feel free to disprove my observed facts, that I can back up with hundreds of hours of video, thousands of pictures and dozens of research papers I co-authored and audited, with some shitty crackpot theory that involves Stanley Kubrik and NASA creating a fake moon to pretend to land on.

Actually, while I'm on the topic of the moon; what is it? We (anyone with a telescope) can clearly observe it in the sky, so it must be a physical object. We can track it across the night sky and notice that it rotates as the visible surface changes over the course of the night.
So, if it is indeed a physical object, and if we clearly have the technology to shoot missles/rockets into the air (You can't deny that. You can dispute where they went, but you can't deny they went upwards), why couldn't we just send up some astronauts to this observable, physical object?

I only come here to shitpost, tbh. I post a lot of on-topic stuff, but that's only in the shitposting downtime while I wait for replies.

I've always wondered about the Flat Earth theory:
There are so many people involved, yet not a single person has let it slip in the hundreds of years since we adopted the spherical model as standard.

There's everyone working in Antarctica, everyone working in space industry, both private and gubment, there's all these groups like the CIA and NSA who get leaks of everything else EXCEPT flat earth.

Surely it'd be impossible to keep something that substantial away from everyone for this long. Not even the Jews are that powerful, else we wouldn't be experiencing what we're currently experiencing; we'd all be dead.

Oh, and what are asteroids? They crash on the planet every now and then, so where do they come from?

Flat Earth are shills designed to make any non mainstream group look stupid.

Yes and sailors have been doing it for centuries using sextants and plane trigonometry. According to it the sun is roughly 3,000 miles away and 30 miles across.
youtu.be/mi6YXg75czE

Yes it would you brainwashed sheep. It's called "law" of perspective since it's predictive, testable and repeatable. Pic related, those street lights aren't shrinking or getting shorter, moron. Anything roughly 1/3000 its diameter away will seem to disappear hence a 1 inch nickel placed 250 feet away will seem to disappear but still be there.
youtu.be/MraaTMXDsyo

It's no more a conspiracy than the catholic church or any other religion. Are the anons itt part of the conspiracy? No, they're just close minded true believers regurgitating what they've been taught their entire lives. NASA is comparable to the WWE except less believable.
youtu.be/5e-RnKAN9qY

No, there are craters which should be filled and surrounded by debris but aren't, likely caused by the ground beneath sinking. Notice how they look like a ball was dropped straight down on them too except in all the animations they strike earth at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks for the help, anyone of average intelligence following a debate - even if they don't know what's being argued - can tell who's full of shit when all they use is baseless ad hominem.

a sci fi show with Seth MacFarlane? Sounds cool count me in.

Strong-girl's lack of eyebrows will be a distraction.

So why is NASA spending billions making us believe the Earth is round? What motive do they have? Why would they lie? No flat Earther thus far has given a definite answer. "To fake the moon landing" isn't an answer, why would they do that if it meant having to convince the world of a globular earth?

Looks like Idubbbz

Totally irrelevant to the science, I'm afraid.

They currently receive $50+ million per day in exchange for shoops and cgi videos. Not as much as israel or the vatican but up there. Fun fact: Nasa translates as "to deceive" in hebrew.
youtu.be/AKUlHsTOPrU

The sheer irony of this statement when every shred of "evidence" fabricated by flat-earthers uses Photoshop.

Funny how none of these were around in the 70's when the image of Earth from the moon became the most published image of all time.

It would be impossible, impractical and stupid to cover up the shape of the Earth when people knew about it for thousands of years.

Really?
None of them shopped, meanwhile you name a pic that's not only a proven shoop but doesn't make sense showing earth smaller than the moon. Apollo 17 right? But of course it never occurred to Aldrin or Armstrong to turn around and take a picture of Earth. You're like a little kid arguing santa is real because you saw him at the mall one time.
youtu.be/SWTdAxm3Opc

ALL ancient cosmogonies - from vadic to babylonian to hebrew to mayan to aztec - were flat earth. Modern heliocentrism is less than 500 years old and for most of that time was the exclusive domain of jesuit masons. Notice how your argument is the same one used to defend literally every religion too.
youtu.be/pGl8I3l-5ac

Christ, user. You have to stop these people in their tracks, not just accept their bullshit for the sake of argument.

Above all, NEVER concede anything to them.

The streetlight example is wrong.
The "horizon rising to eye level" is wrong.
The claim about triangulation proving the Sun to be 30 miles across is wrong.
The claim about impact craters being sinkholes is wrong.
Literally everything he says is a lie.

The Earth is round, flattard. This is not up for discussion.

Images of unknown provenance and low-quality to boot. Inadmissible as evidence.

This. See also "Nukes don't exist" shills.

What's it like being literally retarded? Were you born that way or did you pay for the privilege? I'm guessing the latter, bet you have a framed piece of paper and everything.

See
youtu.be/B1RDGjMlYRo

Part of it has to do with the way the cameras work on spacecraft and due to the fact that they often have to make do with a low gain (non directional) antenna to download data back home but that's not the only reason. NASA is extremely prone about overusing false color imagery and sometimes not indicating it as such. And they love to take the airbrush to photos to make then look just right. The main reason is that they need to sell their usefulness to the public and the vast majority of their "products" are nothing more than pretty pictures of outer space.

REMEMBAH DA TIEM WE WERE ON DA ENTERPRISE?

looks like crappadoodle

Hi CBS. Nobody wants to watch WE WUZ NIGGAZ in space. Congratulations on scamming Netflix out of their money for a free show.

visibleearth.nasa.gov/view.php?id=57723

Everything you say is a lie, yes. All your "proofs" are flat-out wrong for reasons accessible to anyone who cares to look.

At least you posted something not in 160p-shitt-o-vision. What that video contains are, allegedly, individual pictures of the Challenger crew, paired with pictures of random people who look vaguely similar. This is supposed to show that the Challenger crew is alive 30 years later. Similarly-looking people exist. This proves nothing. 100% trash, just like everything else you bring to the table.

It looks far better than STD's.

Damn son how do you not pick up the general parody/comedy? Do you need them do do knock knock jokes for you?

Wew. Lemmings and all? What about the hd pic from 2 billion miles away with Pluto literally on it, that legit too?
youtu.be/NpdBSrANbb4
youtu.be/af7Ye2BIq88

Right, and you can't argue against any of them is because it's so beneath you. Got it. Now go back to sleep, chump.

You can look them all up for yourself and weigh the "coincidences" against your common sense which, again, I'll just bet you paid a pretty penny to have scrubbed. Who wants to be common after all amirite?

They are absolutely beneath me. I will consider your model when you can present hard calculations that describe how
a) the seasons work,
b) how the phases of the moon work,
c) how solar and lunar eclipses work,
d) by what mechanism the Sun and the Moon stay up in the sky,
e) by what mechanism the Sun and the stars emit light and heat,
f) how terrestrial gravity works,
g) why other planets have retrograde motion,
h) what the diameter of the Earth is,
i) why the Southern Hemisphere sees different constellations than the Northern one,
and not a second sooner. Your ebin photosphopped, low-res pictures with no source prove fuck-all.

There were no coincidences at all and thank you, I will weigh them against my common sense:
Doesn't make a lot of common sense to me!

You could easily look up all these things for yourself + you'll just claim ignorance later anyway but for the peanut gallery I'll go ahead and spoonfeed you.
The sun moves tropically in increasingly smaller/faster circles over roughly 12 months. This explains everything we can test/observe whereas your model does not, for instance earth supposedly being 3 million miles closer to the sun during burger summer when it's obvious to literally anyone it's closer.
youtu.be/R52_PdZlSq8
1:24:17
youtu.be/fbQQBzXAQ1Q
Your explanation is "shadows" from the sun which is obvious nonsense to anyone with common sense. Regardless of where the moon is in relation to the sun, day or night, it phases the exact same way every month and does not reverse every 6 months like it would on your model. What can be proven scientifically is that the moon is self luminous + emits a cold light opposite to the sun's.
youtu.be/P5LzJrVKmBk
There are several theories, what we do know is that it can't be syzygy since the sun has been observed above the horizon several times during lunar eclipses.
youtu.be/m0dDw-8Nhow
Of course you would say "gravity" the magical force which has never been observed or tested and which is used to explain literally every hole in the heliocentric model. What can be posited scientifically is that they're respectively positive and negatively charged bodies operating on the same principle as a tesla coil.
Several theories about the sun, for stars see: sonoluminescence
youtu.be/KxisNeCTQXU
Things go up and down based on laws of bouyancy and relative density. The idea nobody ever thought about this previous to newton is one of several necesssary appeals to ignorance.
youtu.be/4J18e30zTyE
Spirograph motion which is why they have always been referred to as "wandering stars"
youtu.be/q8tIm-fxE_s
Not sure since the Mercator map including the land areas surrounding the North Pole have all since been altered to buttress the spaceball meme.
youtu.be/pGl8I3l-5ac
Paint stars along on the ceiling of a large hallway. Pick one above you then notice as you walk away it appears to "lower" in the sky. Different stars will be visible depending where you're standing.
youtu.be/ckxLruRc0xA

All but three didn't even bother changing their names while two of the others claim to be twin siblings. Common sense would be that the people with the same names who look like the same people are the same people. Your next question might be "how can they get away with it?" Answer: people like you.

Oops
*during burger winter when it's obviously farther away

IF the world is flat, why do the energy waves from earthquakes bounce around the planet as if they were in a sphere like shape?

They don't, the data is simply interpreted to fit a foregone conclusion. This is what differentiates scientific method from current day Scientism.

I bet ships and airplanes companies also have a spherical Earth agenda.

So you are telling me that all the work I have done in the lab and field along with all my other colleagues is somehow wrong because you said so?

Would you like to give me your evidence? You are the one making the claim here. The burden of proof is on you.

Seasons occur because of thermal buildup and dissipation due to earth's rotational axis being offset by between ~22deg and ~24deg (depending on how far along we are in our precessional cycle) from vertical WRT the average plane of the solar system. The sun radiates energy to the earth at a rate relative to distance in accordance to the inverse square law. At ~90,000,000mi the difference of 3,000,000mi makes for a negligible dropoff in energy intensity. What does have a significant effect is whether that radiation is hitting our atmosphere and trying to penetrate at shallow oblique angle, or a steep angle normal to the earth's surface. Shorter days in which all radiated energy is bouncing across the atmosphere at a shallow angle means there's little time for heat energy to accumulate in the crust and oceans.

You're not honestly trying to imply that you think the prevailing scientific explanation for the seasons is based entirely on our distance fro the sun are you? Surely you're not that retarded.

What makes you think that?

No, you made the claim here

the burden of proof that seismology somehow proves ball earth is on you.

Reminds me of global warming proponents who snicker at the idea the sun effects temperature. Believe it or not yes when the sun is closer temps are higher and when it's farther away they're lower. It's cooler at 6pm than it is at noon because the sun is farther away, same on the daily cycle as the seasonal.

Nice. I feel like you could make some significant improvements by aggressively misusing technical jargon. I went back to the catalog for a bit and almost couldn't find the thread again it's strayed so far from the original subject matter. Not a bad derail all in all.

I indicated the show would not be good and included a few FE images, how is that a "derail"? If someone makes a Seinfeld thread and it turns into a back and forth about jews that doesn't mean it's been derailed it just means we're on fullchan not reddit. And wtf does this mean
The implication seems to be I'm dishonest. Look at any FE exchange anywhere - facebook, plebbit, yt comment section, anywhere - and just like ITT you'll see one side using logical arguments backed up with citations and the other side using strawmen, namecalling and appeals to ignorance and authority. You want to hand out tips on how to be intellectually dishonest save them for your fellow bluepill addicts.

Oh hey I've heard about this show I wonder what information I can find on it and if someone has some interest.. and the threads derailed into retards. I genuinely hate this board and I must question my sanity for thinking I'd find anything good in this shit.

As expected.

Not evidence. On top of all of it, your own examples are blatant horseshit, as is readily apparent to anyone who takes the time to imagine them.

Things less dense than earth fall towards the ground. 100% horseshit.
All points of a flat ceiling above you are visible at all times. 100% horseshit.
Seasons are not due to the distance from the Sun but due to the angle at which sunlight hits the Earth. 100% horseshit.
No explanation for this change in velocity given. 100% horseshit.
Unverified drivel, i.e. horseshit.

I'll believe a flattard when he can present a unified, mathematical theory of celestial mechanics that explains the phenomena observable with the naked fucking eye. That explanation will never come, hence I don't believe you, flattard. All you have is baseless claims and outright lies.

How can the Earth be flat when it is hollow?

That's from the surface of Venus you colossal retard.

>I dedicate to my Wife and her ten children
So its not even his kid, but 10 of his wife's sons? What a cuck.

A ball 24,901 in circumference would have measurable curve of 8 inches per mile squared from the point of observer, pics related. Been debunked literally hundreds of times. Looks like it's time to move those goalposts again, skippy.

Pls give example.

So from a hallway say 1 mile long you would be able to see the same points from half a mile away, according to you. K.
youtu.be/M-lT2EZJ69E

So a sun 93 million miles away goes from hot close summer warmth to cold distant winter because of its "angle"? You know that contradicts the Eratosthenes "proof" you linked earlier that implies all sunlight hits earth at uniform parallel angles, right?
youtu.be/ckxLruRc0xA

It's predictive and observable aka scientific, unlike your tilted wobbling magic angles nonsense.

First you say you can't read the image, then you say they just look like each other, then finding out they have the same names you still call it drivel. How about look them up and verify for yourself instead of acting like a 9 year old girl with fingers in her ears.
The mindset of a religious literally retarded person, just like everything else you've posted ITT.

Hope for your sake that's irony. Hard to tell sometimes.

That's what happens when your mother drinks during the entire pregnancy.

Hopefully this is just some dedicated troll

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

look>>877986

good thread

Why the fuck would it be irony?

His mother should have drunk just a little bit more.

People as stupid as you are should be sterilized.

Flat earthers don't exist. It's all trolls, psyops and attention whores.

Flat Earthers were started to PsyOp everyone to debunk other, more substantiated claims like terrorist attacks and governmental control.
They are the loudest and most annoying conspiracy groups because they're actively pushed by the alphabets on places like /x/ and reddit's conspiracy board so as to discredit the entire overarching site/board/group.

Notice how Flat Eathers have such a wealth of """knowledge""" on this subject. Every single thing you throw at them has 20 images and a fuck-ton of research papers on it. If that were true for any other conspiracy, it'd be the fucking truth, and well known. Instead, there's so much knowledge presented on such an obviously fake topic that when someone sees a conspiracy like a shooting or a disaster, and sees there's even less evidence for that than the huge flat earth idea, then it must be fake as well.

They even create their own fucking random ideas. I gave this guy, in both this and other threads, a bunch of examples and anecdotes from my own life, and he just ignores them or creates up some new crackpot theory that I've never seen before. Example in this thread; asteroids. Apparently asteroids are just sinkholes and all the footage from amateurs that show asteroids falling/landing, or people who have died/been injured by them, or houses damaged etc are just discredited instantly.

Now, there are people who have jumped on this bandwagon and truly believe it because of all the lies (I met one just recently and he's a fucking lunatic), but the ones like this user that bring up 5 images and 20 articles per post, as well as making up new things whenever proven wrong, are part of the alphabets we know post on here (CIAniggers on Holla Forums for example) and should be bullied.

Oh, and now he'll either stop posting entirely or screech that I'm, in fact, the Man in Black because I'm trying to shut down this shitty theory despite me admitting to other conspiracies that the alphabets try to discredit.

dropped

Here we once again see the inability of the flattard to argue his point. Given an example so simple that it can be verified by everyone with two tennis balls, and it being evident that, the Earth's axis being tilted, its Northern Hemisphere is hit by the majority of sunlight when it is one one side of the Sun, and its Southern Hemisphere being hit by the majority when it is on the other side - when given this example, we resorts to
>tilted wobbling magic angles nonsense.

No further consideration to any of his arguments need be given. Literally every argument presented by a flattard is a verifiable lie. Either they laughably misrepresent the facts, posit impossible forces, or they make up numbers.

Nice try newfag, but generally you just leave Holla Forumstards to their ramblings until their mind breaks by the constant contradictions they say.
Just like liberals.

More unbelievable is 2 years in and there are still anons who haven't and won't even look into it since they're much too normal and afraid of not fitting in. Muh gubmint wunt lie tuh me! Look dis user tryin tuh get me tuh think an sheeeit
Reddit everywhere.

Done spoonfeeding morons who copypaste. This is literally easier to debunk than santa claus, use that ad rev meat between your ears for once and think about how large and and how much power a laser would need to go 237,000 miles and back.

The lemming was in a series of ""Mars"" images taken on Devon island, where they happen to be native and where NASA happen to be doing rover tests where the terrain happened to match exactly what mars looks like. Try actually looking at the evidence you're trying to debunk or better yet just keep larping.
youtu.be/e-kUH942awQ
youtu.be/NpdBSrANbb4
youtu.be/Cc6as0CYVUk

Would say retarded sheep like you shouldn't breed but you will and humanity will stay dumb.

Those are designed to prevent curiosity and free inquiry not initiate them. I give you more than enough resources to start researching for yourself which you refuse, that's not a "psyop" that's you simply preferring one (aka a religion) over having to think for yourself.
Nigger I gave one example of how evidence for them is misinterpreted. You sit there like a baby demanding to be spoonfed and then cry about it, even if I did write 500 words with citations just about that topic you'd just shift goalposts (again) and cry some more. Stfu and either think for yourself or don't.

My point was exactly that there should be an 8 inch per mile squared curvature which has not only never been detected but debunked literally hundreds of times. You can't argue against calculations or scientific method so instead you make a generalized comment about how I'm just wrong because reasons. This is because you're literally - that word gets thrown around a lot but is key here, literally - retarded

They love their space elevator breads but even so are still less cognitively dissonant than leftycucks by orders of magnitude. About 1/5 of them are FE whereas about 1/50 of your average government worshipping tumblerinas will even look at it.

I'm talking about what I posted. That is from the surface of Venus.

Also that's not a lemming in that picture you posted. It's fucking rock.

Goddamn you are a stupid fucker. Of course the drawing isn't to scale. The sun is 8 light-minutes away and over 100 times the diameter of the earth.

What is topology.

No one is pro FE. Even /x/ thinks you "people" are retarded.

0.0000000000000000000000000001 $ have been deposited into your shill account for this post.

In the unlikely event that you want to argue your point, you must first acknowledge that you lied about the cause of the seasons which everyone in this thread has provided you:

If the earth is flat then how do plate tectonics work?
And if you were so sure on proving the earth is flat why don't you set out on an expedition to Antarctica?

Flat hearth aka: Pigs flies, pls debate me.

Yup must be venus. They faked the moon and mars but that's no doubt legit.
Because if it were it would show how idiotic your claim is. The "angle" would only mean the difference of light traveling a few hundred extra miles and makes no sense with your 93 million mile away ball, only a relatively close sun.
Nice gymnastics: since they appear the same size but that doesn't work in my model the sun must be exactly 400 times bigger and 400 times farther away than the moon (one of several wacky coincidences) hence the sun is roughly 93 million miles away. Completely unfalsifiable and 100% tautological yet what you define as Science.

Your boys are the one making shekels in the billions from compulsory taxes. Funny though how you're really just upset because reality threatens your sci-fi PEW PEW SHHHH PEW PEW. This is why you'll watch the piece of shit in OP not to mention episode 8 when it comes out, fairy tales made for children with billions and billions of balls and bright shiny things is literally your religion.
I'm maybe the only one in the world being perfectly honest with you.

That's an area I know next to nothing about unfortunately. The actual science of seismology shouldn't be effected by FE though.

Great idea, I'll just get $20 million or so for ships and enough equipment to travel hundreds if not thousands of miles across inhospitable terrain and start off hoping I don't get caught by the international military pact who have been keeping people away from it for over 50 years arresting people like jarle andhoy. I'll get right on that.

According to you.
When will you start talking about how viruses and nuclear weapons are fake and about the man-made inside out planets.

Ok, fuck me, the full rotation around the earth one is actually fucking me up right now.

You should spruce up your astronomy and spatial awareness then.

Working on it.
Sounds like the term we are looking for is "local apparent solar noon". The question I have is, how does my local apparent solar noon always occur at/around noon if the Earth is making a 360 degree rotation in every 24 hours?
Fuck me, if I can't find a model or video explaining this shit I'm going to have to model it myself.

Got it. This was actually interesting as hell, thank you user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_time
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equation_of_time

Meaning what? The reason why it's impossible to detect curvature or the reason why things that should be thousands of feet below the horizon are still visible?
I'm sure it is. Probably the same guys as embed related 16:00
Are more sci-fi and fantasy obsessed than you lot. Of course they hate FE because it threatens muh UFO's (ironically it doesn't even do that though, if anything it proves the likelyhood of *extra* terrestrial land).

strawman/10
Eddie Bravo has his own aids moby, he's the equivalent of Jamie on Rogans podcast. Both FE shows he's done this guy starts out with "okay if earth is flat explain ___" shit, then starts making assertions that get instantly btfo then finally starts resorting to the strawmen
Interesting is also how he continuously goes back and forth between I don't know enough to have an opinion and I know the earth is a ball. Eddie rambles way too much in the second one but first one with Dubay is classic.
youtu.be/aoLSgtC_y6w
youtu.be/PJTwie0fGBo

Sun dials, gyroscopes, horizon, "hemespheric" seasons, all prove FE and all requiring blind faith to be accepted on the ball model. Daily reminder Einstein's only contribution was providing a relativistic philosophy - not discovering inventing or proving anything - specifically designed to philosophically negate an etheric medium hence centuries worth of scientifically sound experiments demonstrating a stationary flat earth.
youtu.be/EdBeobHx8YE

Why investigate a functional predictive model when you can keep hammering a square peg into a round hole amirite?
SCIENCE!

Tell us, oh wise flat earth goon, why does the moon not appear rotate in respect to us but all other bodies do rotate?
How is it that the four SPHERICAL Galilean moons can be observed to revolve around a SPHERICAL Jupiter? Mind you you can observe these from a good quality backyard telescope so don't start with any muh NASA, muh photoshop shit.
How do you explain inferior and superior planets?
What about the Algol system that can clearly be observed to mutually eclipse.

Seth MacFarlane is an odd bucket, his animated shows annoy me to no end, I hate basically any and all his va work.

But, while his in person acting is subpar…. somehow, his live action stuff is good entertainment.

Why doesnt the BO get more mods so we cant start banning these tards.

The Trekkies or the flat earthers?

Flat Earthers

Smh. So now you're implying that the moon rotating but not appearing to rotate (another of those wacky coincidences) is somehow evidence for planets (aka wandering stars) rotating? This seems to be a question regarding observation so here are a few observations
>only one face of it has ever been seen
>just like the planets
youtu.be/s70STT65ar8
And for the 5th time even if they were spheres that wouldn't mean earth was too (especially since as we've already established curvature has never been detected)

Which can "sometimes" be observed except for anytime somebody actually wants to see them.

Cry moar you simpleton.
>>>/reddit/

IT'S CALLED TIDAL LOCKING YOU COCKSUCKING FAGGOT
Bullshit. If it was self luminous it would be full all the time.
You can resolve their discs in any good home telescope.
Then how do rectify the existence of normal planets and a sun coexisting with an earth that is an infinite flat plane? You can't.
THIS ISN'T PLANESCAPE YOU WHORESON
So you believe Galileo is in on the conspiracy too.

All we really need id IDs so we can filter these goons. Ideally BOs shouldn't be able to disable IDs.

Fucking this.

Right, because the tides which don't occur uniformly or even in most bodies of water are the product of the moon's ""gravity"" strong enough allowing it to effect tides but weak enough it doesn't pull the moon crashing into it. Gravity is your god. Complete faith in a magical force that has never been observed in the natural world, responsible for anything and everything you can't explain.
The phases are proof that it does self illuminate, genius.
I don't, nice job ignoring the links.
So first anyone could observe them now they have to take galileo's word for it? Okay. And yeah like 99% of the so called astronomers up to the 19th century he was a jesuit mason.
Calm down junior, nobody's going to confiscate your toy lightsaber collection. 2nd pic btw looks like an oblate spheroid, according to your black science man earth is not only oblate it's pear shaped. Weird how they're all perfect circles in NASA's admitted shoops.

Hi samefag. But the ball earthers doing the majority of posting on the subject shouldn't be b& right because they're right?
>>>/reddit/

Space is science fiction.

That's not what tidal locking means you congo nigger.
So why doesn't the sun show phases? I guess the moon illuminates the sun in your world.
Then that takes you right back to the fact that the nearest planets are resolvable as discs in even good quality backyard telescopes.
It's not. Its a map of the visible portions of the moon including liberations.

Oh by the way the sun is spherical too. You can tell from watching the sunspots.

Number 4 is literally what you're doing. I'm putting everyone aware to your tricks.
And you will never get those 10 bux back.

Wew lad. Great quote to throw in a discussion about science. Lol.
It means "gravitational locking" which really just means "god did it locking."
It did less than 2 weeks ago, einstein.
They're resolvable as points of blinking light.
Yes but you're aware that according to black science man it is a pear shaped oblate spheroid right? First it was just oblate but since people can easily demonstrate lines of longitude get wider (not narrower) south of the equator they had go with pear.
You're losing it lad. Welcome to schopenhauers second stage of truth.

Oh I'm sure there are a few peoppe psycho or gullible enough to have legitimately gone flat earther, but A) they aren't creating any of the material they are just buying into it B), why not fight a psyop campaign with a psyop campaign?

My response to the flat earth conspiracy theory is the theory that there actually are no real flat earthers.

Since there is plenty of good evidence of trolls and a psyop disinfo campaign, but nothing but anecdotal evidence of "real" flat earthers, then there is already as much or more evidence that flat earthers aren't real as there is that the earth is actually flat.

If you want to look into anything, do it. I've spent time looking into (and debunking) flat earth myself, but it isn't worth the time publicly debating about it because it is a tremendously vast disinfo project latched onto by some very dedicated trolls.

Better to dismiss it. There are no flat earthers. It's a myth.

There certainly aren't in this thread, all though there are some off topic spammers who should be banned for sperging out.

I think the comedy stuff is being played up because it's by Seth and because they love adding reddit humour into trailers. Obviously Seth's type of comedy is mostly misses rather than hits and can make you cringe like nothing else, but on the other hand he does do his own thing and isn't afraid to offend like so many other modern "comedians" are.

In addition, Seth's passion for Trek is well-known. I doubt he got paid for his cameo in ENT, I'm pretty sure that even though the series is fairly obscure and was unpopular at the time, he just wanted to be a part of it because he loves Trek so much.

He's seen Into Darkness, he's in Hollywood so he probably knows more about STD than we do, and so he's come out with something that will hopefully be a cross of classic Trek and Red Dwarf, even if the humour is a bit more painfully American and reddit. His Twitter posts may be simple advertisement, but he says that he wants to make something Roddenberry would be proud of, and that he wants to make thought-provoking Sci Fi with a light-hearted tone in the vein of the Twilight Zone and I intend to give this a chance for at least half a dozen episodes on that basis.

And obviously, Galaxy Quest was basically The Orville in movie form and it was fantastic.

That's pretty obvious. Their behavior is probably designed to make other fringe beliefs look ridiculous.

If he can keep it closer to American Dad than to Family Guy it will at least be watchable.

I think he will, based on his live action films. The reason I brought up Red Dwarf is because that show is first and foremost Sci Fi, but it brings a comedic tone to it which never undermines the Sci Fi, though obviously British humour is very different, but the point is that if he focuses on the Sci Fi portion and the humour is at least tolerable the show could be fairly solid overall.

I know Red Dwarf has it's haters here and I generally can't stand Seth MacFarlane myself, but a show that's somewhere between Red Dwarf, Galaxy Quest, TNG and American Dad does have an appeal to me. More so than the actual trailers so far even.

I think I'll definitely check out the pilot, and maybe a random episode or two afterwards if the pilot fails to fully grab me, but doesn't completely turn me off to it.

But American Dad was so unwatchable they had to ship it to TBS.

One "day" doesn't exactly correspond to one full rotation of Earth around its axis, but is around 4 minutes shorter to take into account the Earth's changed position.

sureshemre.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/difference-between-sidereal-day-and-solar-day-on-earth/

If we measured days like this, solar noon would indeed shift to midnight in 6 months, but the 24hour day takes Earth's changed position into account. Don't confuse the flattard with these facts, though.

I will show this to my kinds and warn them that, if they don't study, they'll end up like you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I mean, this is some shit to behold.

That is correct, yes. All Flat Earthers should be banned from all discussion forums and what they say should be disregarded, regardless of what they present.

This is what denial looks like.

This is what larping looks like. You feign smugness at my ignorance regarding the theory of a theory even your high priests don't claim to understand. Guess what: objects by virtue of their mass alone causing other objects to stick to or orbit around them doesn't exist in the natural world. It's not science it's Scientism. Embed related is an illuminating and scientific (small s) presentation on the cause of tides. But you won't watch since it doesn't have a black narrator whispering in your ear while you look at balls.

This modern take on TOS that it was a show about deep social commentary and not a show about women in miniskirts and a shirtless William Shatner fighting lizard monsters is what led to the The Slow Motion Picture disaster.

90's Trek was a different beast and The Orville looks a lot more like TNG than it does TOS. Trek would need a 3rd reinvention to work but the reality is that the show really doesn't fit in the modern world. Pandering to nostalgia like JJ did was the only way to really keep the franchise going.

Why not? I think the original series had something that's been missing a lot of late. Today almost all series are made to be binge watched and require a lot of time invested into them. I think there could be a place for a very episodic show that you can just watch one or a couple of episodes of and both understand what's going on and feel satisfied with. Star Trek pretty much had a perfect formula for that kind of show. A new planet, alien or discovery each episode and a new topic or theme each time. If you just update the setting I think there's a desire for shows that aren't light soap operas.

Did the estrogen contaminants in shit end all market appeal of space babes, banter and adventurous escapades?

Well shit, I guess no smartphone exists then since all the high res PR photos for there are composites of individual shallow depth of field shots.

Flat earthers are just boring trolls that can't think of anything new. Bunch of unoriginal cunts the lot of em.

Is this from a porno? If so, source pls?

How does it feel that know that NOT EVEN creationists take you seriously?

Btw: are you a creationist? Answer honestly.

I'm rather fond of The Motion Picture. It was my first exposure to Star Trek.
For the longest time I thought they were calling the guy Mr. Jackoff. I thought "Wow they must really not like him."

I think you could do it as long as you acted it straight and played up the adventure and mystery parts and down played the political parts (both the real world political and the fictional political) and also make the drama tense but not serious.
Maybe they should only use soap opera actors.

Sounds like you'd want to make the show fun to watch. Can't have that in current year.

It'll not be funny, if that's what you're asking. But I feel like they will sneak in some good Star Trek-like themes, turning it or at least a few episodes into something more than a parody.

Will it be better than the new official Star Trek series? Yes it will. If interviews with the crew of The Orville are anything to go by they have a far better grasp on what makes Star Trek good compared to the hacks at CBS.

Theory means it's unproven. Also being theoretical is one thing, basing theories on top of theories then presenting them as fact is what religions do. Bible literalists for example. To answer your question no I'm not a creationist just agnostic like everyone else, unlike everyone else I'm honest about it. True agnosticism is a discipline, human psychology will always prefer a bullshit explanation over an honest I don't know. Trouble with FE is a lot of the questions already have answers that are being kept from us.

I still don't understand how they managed to screw up Star Trek as bad as they have. STD must be some sort of money laundering scheme or something.

Nepotism has siphoned out their last shreds of talent, money stopped meaning anything because everything is now Too Big to Fail™ and the market research drank the diversity kool-aid and okayed giving control to people who hated the source material and the fans.

Nice neat blend of Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, and Galaxy Quest put into a cocktail shaker, and ran through a Seth MacFarlane filter garnished with workplace comedy.

Honestly, if Seth can manage to keep the Family Guy bullshit away from this show, we might end up with another SG1 on our hands, and I'm okay with that. Pilot episode was really good, and surprised me. Wasn't expecting what we got, and I'm hoping for more.

The pilot was good. My only complaint is that everything seemed rushed. The pilot should have been a two part episode otherwise good.

It's simple moron, proof of the globe is the sun, explain how global timezones make sense on a flat earth

God, dont remind of the trash that was SGU.

Everyone outside your timezone is lying to you about the time of the day, duh.

alright buddy

It's obviously family guy set in the new film series universe with bits from TOS and TNG.

Where is the line between parody/homage and plagiarism set?

Where Fox's lawyers think they can get away with it.

Copyright is not breached if a copyrighted work is reproduced for satirical or analytical purposes.

Even the alien villain agreed it's selfish to not allow your wife to fuck other men if she feels like it. How are westerners this cucked?

The flattard shit has always been a social engineering experiment on memetic brainwashing. Funny how its proponents act turbo fedora all the time when flat earth theories are mainly rooted in religion. Jewish af tbh

The alien only agreed that marriage takes work and that putting your career ahead of family is never a good thing.

That was lots of fun and I will watch it every week like a good goy.

I didn't expect much from Seth's past work, but this was really good.
I was expecting shitty 22 minute sitcom-style episodes and instead we get full-length Star Trek-esque episodes, so that was the first positive I noted.
Regarding the length, this felt very quick in terms of solving the episode's plot, but that's because we spent 20 minutes introducing characters and sub-plots that will be referenced later down the line.

The casting was good; we have a competent Captain that just wants to be a Captain, a straight-man in the 2nd Officer styled after a Klingon, a cute and confident girl (plays up the strong girl shit, but doesn't force it down your throat and it was only brought up when it mattered), the comedy man in the helm officer, the smooth black guy also on helm (didn't appear much, but I liked what I saw. He wasn't a kang, he was just a black man on a ship doing his job well), the black CMO spoofing Guinan as a wise elder trying to help the Captain, the Spock+C3PO science officer and the point of internal conflict, the 1st officer/ex-wife.
No complaints from that angle, except that the 1st officer had a face that annoyed me at first, but I got over quickly.

The comedy aspect was over-hyped in the promotion, I feel. It's just an updated version of TNG with some more Ryker-esque quips. The only joke that I didn't like was the helmsman talking about going to the toilet/checking up a word in a dictionary, but the rest was entertaining enough.
The primary driving force is drama, and it worked.
The plot was fairly decent, though, again, bogged down by set-up. This episode's initial premise reminds me of one of the early TNG episodes, and the climax sequence was well thought out and enacted.

The effects were, for the most part, good. It looked modern and clean, but had that aspect I always like in Sci-Fi sets where they don't over indulge in CGI to make it """realistic""". There was a lot of CGI used on the exterior shots of the science building and the ship, but it looked nice and wasn't filled with unnecessary details. They also used a lot of physical sets with blinking lights attached to them, which is a smart move as it looks better, saves costs over the long-term compared to CGI and can be used by the actors more believably.

The world-building was good. We're introduced to maybe 10 different aliens by name and more in the background, each with clear differences and physical make up/prosthetics instead of CGI monsters.
The mix of abilities between each species will allow for more stuff to be thrown in plot-wise.

Can't think of much else I want to touch on. I'll definitely add this to the weekly watch list.
I'll also make weekly threads to shill it :^)

Wait, did the pilot already air?

Yes.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2127e06d4f070f29e8941895a5084a53088a397c
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4eee7e2a278ab2b3a1b7a92a0b6327dda8bac08d

Thanks!

This guy gets it.

So my question is what is under the flat earth? Or is half of the universe dirt?

There's flat earthers that believe you'd literally fall off the earth and that it's a solid rectangle, which accounts for the dirt below.
The current psyop they're using is saying that Antarctica is the edge of the Earth, so we're a disc surrounded by ice, and out across the ice there's other discs that have life. In this theory, the universe is completely flat at the base and extends above. This theory has lots of different subsections, like anons CIAniggers that say planets can or can't exist, like Mars and Venus. If you want to know more about this autistic idea, next time you meet a Flat Earth shill, ask them what's in the ground, how far it extends and why there's a molten core (which is confirmed by mines getting hotter as you go deeper and thermogenerators existing)

Of course, this is only assuming you discount simple mathematical formulae and physics experiments you can perform in your home to reaffirm the truth.
Flat Earthers are genuine shills in every sense of the word and exist only to discredit /x/. If you followed /x/ you'd know a flat earth was rarely, if ever, discussed until one day, suddenly 20+ anons decided they believed the Earth was flat and started posting a myriad of articles and images out of nowhere. Then it flooded every discussion to fuck over actual /x/ topics. Call them out as shills and they screech saying you're a shill for discrediting /x/ topics, while in truth that's what they're doing by making the board look insane.
They also appeared on other conspiracy sites at the same time with the same images and articles.

The Orville was pretty good and I recommend it to anons that like Star Trek.

Turtles all the way down brah!

lf CWC exists, of course real flat earthers also exists, they must be all shitskins and christcucks, both.
Maybe still has poople who believe in Abiogenesis.

That was actually really good. I mean it wasn't super fantastic, but it was a solid 7/10 with potential for 8/10 now the introductory stuff is out of the way.

I really liked how he did all the mandatory Trek stuff, like the POV shot entering the bridge for the first time and the Captain's inaugural shuttle trip to the ship. The comedy wasn't even that bad, and having not watched MacFarlane's films since Ted 1 I felt that he had improved slightly as an actor since then.

Who knows? If I had to guess would say it's water above and below. As far as anyone's drilled down even below the oceans it's always water.

Wat
That's one of several possibilities that nobody can confirm or falsify since the Antarctic Treaty is in place and will remain in place due to the majority of people on earth being happily ignorant sheep like you.
Example pls
Rlwp. Wew lad. Capped for posterity.

This show is just like Big Bang Theory or any hymiewood blockbuster: thinly veiled religious propaganda worshipping jew relativism and floating balls.

Any prof of the great white wall?

Yup.
Still waiting on those home experiments.

pls stop the thread is dead that was his entire goal just stop bumping it

flat earth is just another cia psy op designed to test just how dumb the populace has become. a lot of work has gone into dumbing down western society and the powers that be want to see some return on that investment.

Unfortunately (for them) they havent segregated people enough yet to allow stupidity like this to take hold completely - there are plenty of people dumb enough to believe this but they will get exposed to counter points that will make them question their conviction. So they still have some work to do.

Still your only arguments for globular earth
You sound like a brainwashed retard because that's exactly what you are.

what i really wanna know is

why call it the orville. it would have been way better to name the ship Reddenbocker.

So guess those household experiments were bullshit huh?

Could have done without the nigger psychiatrist.

It was ok. I like Halston Sage and I like Palicki.

STOP ARGUING ABOUT THE FLAT EARTH AND TALK ABOUT THE FUNNY SPACE SHOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You'd like that, wouldn't you, NASAcuck?

This is why Holla Forums needs IDs.

Nice try, sudocuck.

I don't get how this one escaped you; I thought my grasp of the English language was good enough to explain such a simple idea.

Again, you're retarded. I said the "current" meme being pushed by you disinfo shills. The antarctica theory wasn't around a few years ago then burst out of nowhere.
Also, the Antarctica treaty is designed so no country can claim a base, fill it with military then suddenly attack another country, e.g. China sending a fuckton of ships there then nuking Australia off the face of the Earth from both sides.

Gravitational constant can be found with a few tools from a shed/kitchen. That's a common experiment I keep hearing being disputed. If you don't like that one, you can also buy some lab equipment for ~$100 to test gravitational pull between two masses.

So I'm guessing there's an episode that features The Orville landing on a flat planet?

I'm sure Seth MacFarlane is aware of the meme.

Only 1 ep out:
I'd enjoy an episode like that, though.

lmao

Ass babies?

I've gotten the impression that the show will probably be a light hearted space adventure show a bit like Farscape, but not taking the setting all too seriously.

I watched the first episode and found it nice. Too many shows try to just keep everything dark and gritty, or go full wacky, whereas this show seems to be focused on being fun.

Did you even fucking read that image? Jokes are few and far between, the show takes itself too seriously and McFarlane isn't much of a leading man. Other than that last bit, that's not at all what the trailer suggested.

And that is some really fucking shitty typical liberal bait and switch bullshit. They went to the formula fast. That is, start out with something neutral that isn't overtly political, and then switch to adding in a plot about your politics with a strawman representing the opposing view, and then make every fucking plot about attacking the ideology opposing your own. It's the same shit he did on his last three shows.

It's like Adam Ruins Everything, first season was largely apolitical and thus most people enjoyed it, then as soon as it got popular, what happened? Episode on why girls are the real audience of video games, and only don't play because of commercials (???) and portraying a boy as an angry strawman, video on why the electoral college is bad, video proclaiming there's no such thing as an alpha male and (hahaha) proposing women prefer betas and humanity is a matriarchy with a ridiculous strawman representing alphas, video where Adam acts gleeful about having (safe) past mistakes the show has made pointed out, and then handwaves it away as being okay they make mistakes frequently because their research staff is only like 8 sjws and they're just trying to "change minds".

In this case? An all-male species produces a female child and it's used as an argument for trans shit. Think of how many different ways this is retarded. How would you identify it as female in a species that has none? The standards are different from species to species. How can you classify the main gender as male if there is no female counterpart? There's nothing for them to inseminate. How would you perform sex reassignment on a species that only has one gender? It's stupid on top of dumb on top of retarded stacked onto idiotic.

Maybe they're just doing a sci-fi twist on the whole trans debate. Maybe that's it and nothing else.
"What if" kind of stories, you know.

Not him but I'd rather judge the show with my own eyes. I thought the first episode was pretty fun without being wacky too. We'll see.

The first 2 minutes of The Orville has Seth being cucked by a blueskin.

A season of justifications for infidelity

It draws so much from TNG and not from TOS.

The thing with TNG was that it was so boring compared to the miniskirts and space monsters of TOS. JJ Trek was a more exciting setting and the humor in that worked better for me than anything in Orville. I don't know if comedy and the dullness of TNG are a good mix.

I do like that they're forced to use shuttles probably because of copyright issues, makes for good action potential. Teleporters were just invented as a cheat to save money on shuttle effects.

It had jokes, sure, but the plot was so much more dire and desperate than anything Star Trek has had. I could never consider that show light hearted.

I was in the fence with Orville's pilot when comparing it to Star Trek. TNG, DS9, and Voyager all had better pilots that showed you what the whole series would be like, but I still didn't hate it until you reminded me of Farscape. Compared to Farscape, it's objectively a worse sci fi show. It's by-the-book. It's limited in scope. It's boring.

This is shit

guy used to date emila clarke. His 'ex wife' here is a blonde who cucked him. This whole thing is probably his fantasy

jesus. episode 3 sounds like absolute cancer.

reminds me of the plot to Ted 2 where he (the talking teddy bear) goes to court to get human rights. it's played completely straight (even though it is a comedy movie) and it is so weird and boring. was it supposed to be an allegory for illegal immigrants or something? that's the only thing I could think of but it still makes no goddamn sense.

I'd give her an STD

Space AIDS?

Yeah this gets to me a bit, maybe it's because I'm not American but American TV seems to be full of justifications for marital infidelity.

I appreciate the attempts to make it a bit more two-sided though. Like, it's acknowledged that she did the wrong thing, but he was a shit husband and they were both younger, stupider people who got into a bit of a rut and now they're a bit older and can respect and treat each other properly. She didn't have to get him the command, after all, she's doing her best to make up for it. At the very least, I think Palicki plays it well.

CBS isn't even trying anymore.

I liked episode 2. That alien girl is cute as fuck

Since this is Holla Forums, I have to ask. Are you referring to the green one they picked up?

I thoroughly enjoyed episode 2. Episode 1 was obviously the hook for normies, whereas episode 2 was much more balanced. There was significantly less comedy, especially after the first few minutes (after cute girl takes over the ship there are only a handful of jokes whatsoever) and instead we had actual character and relationship development, though I admit the Sci Fi segments were still a little light and the cuts are a bit fast for my taste.

She has eyebrows now.

That explains why she's much cuter. I liked that she actually fucked up, whereas most shows these days just have female characters making good decisions from the get go. Her inexperience showed, and we got better character development because of it.

0/10 would not spacemolest

Did anyone else notice this episode was directed by Robert Duncan McNeill and produced by Brannon Braga?

how did they explain that

it's pretty much the same thing babylon 5 did with their main female lead. she started off eyebrowless and without hair then they sexed her up later on.

Pretty good episode, but apparently the 3rd one is transhit or something.
When did we remove 7 day bumplock?

Have faith in MacFarlane, I'm sure there'll be plenty of jokes mocking it. He's usually fairly even-handed. Not to mention the fact that Trek has had transgender episodes before (remember when Riker fucked an androgynous alien?).

I hope they play it out with comedy, not flat-handed politics.
I did some cursory research, and it seems he likes gay rights, which is fine by me, and the only time he mentioned transexuals was in Family Guy, and subsequently got booty blasted Liberals in his face.

He'll either do it again or tow the line to try and apologise for what he did before.

Having a check on Wikipedia, the next episode is directed by Brannon Braga, and there's also episodes by James L Conway and Jonathan Frakes.

Will playing Shia in the HWNDU saga revive Ed Norton's career?

What did you expect? That faggot Brannon Braga directed that one.

Writer isn't listed, but it's a safe bet it's written by Seth.

He won't try to apologise. He gives no fucks. He shits on PC culture in his cartoons all the time, and though he shits on both sides of the aisle I think that's pretty good considering we're watching a 2017 Star Trek series that is also a comedy. I'm 100% certain he will have a less pozzed take on the issue than STD would have.

It's official then, The Orville is the accepted successor of Star Trek.

Second episode was also directed by Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris)
STD eternally BTFO

She is found attractive for the same reason she was hired for GoT; because she has stunted growth and thus looks younger than she is.

All Maisefags are closeted pedofiles who obsess over her as a legal means to fuel their fetish

wew

That's what they did on Family Guy with Quagmire's dad. I was worried that it would be a preachy episode but it wasn't.

It is, post all the reaction memes you want. Goes something like this
Right away there should be a big red flag that the most recent supposed evidence for gravity is over 200 years old. Then with a closer look turns out the """experiment""" wasn't scientific at all since it can't be repeated or falsified. Even taking him at his word the cause would have been explainable with static electricity which the ball priests claim is several orders of magnitude more powerful than gravity, which is convenient indeed for them since it means there could never be any kind of control. Yes, gravity is 100% faith based.

hooktube.com/watch?v=Mcg2h--JDv4
What did he mean by this?
You can buy a DIY kit from any fucking science museum.

Then they should man up and start using /loli/ or take chemical castration drugs.

It wasn't bad,I'm only saying this because there is nothing else on at all, but it wasn't bad.

This is why it's usually a good idea to watch your "evidence" before posting it.

she looks cute, any nudes?

no

I liked how she actually fucked up a few times and wasn't automatic strong independent mary sue

muh strong independent woman episode..

and the first one was a cuck shit

where are the tits?!

rick & morty

Oh that's lame. I liked how weird she looked.

That's the exact opposite of how it is, though. The sun and moon appear largest when they are low in the sky. That model is very retarded; how does the sun change rotation for the seasons?

the woman side literally lost.

Link related. Have taken pic/film proof of it myself
hooktube.com/watch?v=Fb8IxKi6fUE
It travels in concentric circles across the tropics in increasingly narrow cycles as burger summer approaches. It looks and feels closer during summertime because it actually is closer, during winter when it's lower on the horizon + looking and feeling farther away it's because it is.

Literally a cuck show

Also, how can you see the top of skyscrapers before you see the rest of the building? The top of the Empire State Building can be seen before the rest of the building, but your claim that objects on the hoziron just get very tiny and it's an optical illusion doesn't hold water here, as the top of the empire state building is thinner than the rest of the building, so by your logic, the building would get taller as you get closer, instead of rising out of the ground like it does when you are out at sea.

This thread went places.

I'm done. This is drama in alien costumes. Literally a reddit show.

So a faithful Star Trek clone at the very least. Gotcha.

Jesus, she's a twig. Imagine the really buff dudes in that planet. They must be bigger than the Moclan officer.

Better that Discovery, but that's like saying that getting shit thrown in your face is better than being stabbed.

Discovery was more interesting

It's good. It feels like a modern, more comedic follow-up to TNG.

Why are all spherical earthers so angry?

I like The Motion Picture a lot. The worst thing I can really say about it is it feels like a TOS plot stretched out, and has some filler.

I find the late 80's liberalism of TNG to be more mockable at this point. Along with those outfits.

They're realising their life has been a lie. It can be hard.

Damn.

Eyebrows, make-up, hair is less wig looking, the forehead and ears are smaller, and scaled back.
10/10.

Pretty low bar, to be honest.

Another pretty good episode.

didnt expect Seth to actually flex those plot writing muscles, thought it was another throwaway project

He even wrote himself getting cucked. What a shitshow.

They're not gay if there's only one gender.

Yeah but considering the source, I expected it to be at least a few levels below ST:D. I'm honestly surprised. Also, I just love the aesthetic of the racist robot. Too bad he moves like a typical sci-fi robot (c3p0) and not as smooth as a real person. That'd be different at least. I also get a kick out of Norm MacDonald voicing the jelly alien.

Moclan doesn't have one gender, they just wiped their females out of existence. They are the more successful and alien equivalent of MGTOW.

I forced myself to watch this after the aptly named STD and… it's better?

But I have an honest question, is it supposed to be funny?
No because there are things that looks like clear attempts at humor and MY GOD HOW CAN YOU SUCK THIS MUCH AT COMEDY§§§
The rest of it is, surprisingly, fine. The sci-fi plot bits mostly, the young overachiever got character development and wasn't a Mary Sue (the things we celebrate these days), even the whole gender thing was addressed with some non-cringy non-SJW logic.

I mean it's still very bad, but at least they got the basic things right-ish.
But the "comedy" if you can even call it that, is downright awful. Stop trying. Play it straight, it works well enough.

I think it's meant as a lighthearted version than the sort of grimdark new trek iterations and it is played straight, it just has some silly things because the setting is silly when you think about it.

I think Seth is too in love with what Star Trek used to be for him to put in the toilet humour he's good at. Also it was implied that the young overachiever was actually bumped up for diversity hire reasons.

Sort of, her super-strength makes her a military asset, so they want to encourage her species to sign up.

This is terrible and its not funny.

Finally got around to watching this week's episode, and it was the best so far.
A proper Star Trek plot, along with half-arsed commentary on human nature along with a couple jokes about how humans would develop once we have access to all those things.

The comedy portions are few and far and need to go away. They could just scrap the forced humour while keeping the quips in the middle of dramatic scenes, like the joke about the syringe. The only joke that really made me laugh was the Helmsman devolving into ebonics when he destroys the ship then remembering his place and going back to normal.

Drama aspect is really well done, but again, the jokes killed it at certain points. Probably needs to kill the ex-wife plot thread soon, either by cucking out and getting them together, which is the likely option, or getting rid of her/reducing her to recurring, which is unlikely.

Surprisingly, the graphics aren't that shit. The only times the CGI effects particularly annoyed me was during the bullet removal scene. The CGI was incredibly bland in that cutaway to the medical device, but the removal of the bullets was fine. The space battles look just as cheesy and unbelievable as the rest of Star Trek.

Not sure why Liam Neeson appeared at the end, but it made me chuckle despite being a serious segment. Speaking of which, the ending was the perfect Star Trek ending.

God I wish CBS learnt something from this and tried to mimic it's apparent success. The only reason you'd watch STD over this is because of brand name and advertising.
I haven't bothered watching STD yet. Should I watch it and regret it or never watch it, feel better and miss out on the shitposting?

If this whole subplot were purged from the show, or simply confined to a smaller share of the runtime (it feels like half of each episode is them poking at each other, and in nearly every scene they have), it would improve the show ENORMOUSLY.

STD isn't the hilariously insane pozfest we though it would be, instead, it's just thoroughly incompetent in its concept and execution in every imaginable way, with just a few small bits of poz thrown in. Really, the only thing downright bad enough to give me any "but I'm enjoying my anger" buttmad moments is the lore rape and plot-swallowing Mary Sue vortex protagonist. I think we need more eps before there's enough material to make ME: Andromeda-tier cringe memes for good shitposting.

Personally I like the few jokes they do.

If you've seen Seth's Million Ways To Die In the Old West (or whatever the title was), it was his attempt at a regular live action comedy. It bombed horribly due to attempting to do Family Guy style jokes without having the proper direction to be able to pull off such a thing.

I think Seth learned from that experience and knows that he does better by just throwing in jokes a bit more sparingly so it keeps it more as comic relief rather than trying to make the humor the main point of the show.

I think that worked especially well in this past episode since it's kinda easy to imagine how a scene involving someone getting a needle to the neck to drug them after they'd been beaten could be sort of a downer without someone done to relieve the tension.

I find the serious black guy alien to actually be quite a funny character. Most of the humour does fall flat though. Of coruse Seth managed to get his obligatory "dude weed" moment in there in episode 2.

I agree. The humor gives the show levity, but I hope and pray that he'll keep it in check. Ep. 4 was solid despite the uneven jokes.

I personally don't know if Seth wants to have that humor in there. Part of me thinks that he is writing tame and only mildly - read:bad -
funny jokes so he'll later have an excuse to cut the humor and play it (semi)-straight.

I really like the idea of a captain who uses comedy as diplomacy - an honestly unique idea in the world of [startrek].

if there's no curvature then there's no horizon you fucking imbecile. The horizon is where things disappear as the surface of the planet curves away from you. If it was a flat plane extending infititely, the "horizon" would come up to your line of sight and would extend until things simply became too small to see.

4 episodes in so far.
The doo doo humor is only borderline cringey, but it never quite crosses the line.
The Trek inspiration is pretty spot on, there are times watching it when you forget it's a comedy or that it isn't star trek.
That's mostly due to the music and camera work, it isn't drowning in lens flares, and it isn't over the top obnoxious with it's sound design.
As far as the "gay klingon" and captain being cucked, I think they dealt with the whole transgender issue pretty well, it wasn't some obvious SJW message.
In fact, the fucking message was you shouldn't snip your kids dick off or mutilate their vagina when they are an infant.
But it also didn't have a happy ending, which would of been stupid unrealistic and cringe.
And the cuck portion, he got a divorce and told her to fuck off, and she isn't painted as being in the right.
They keep eluding that he was distant and not communicating, but not once so far has it felt like the show is trying to make me sympathize with her over the cheating.

I would say 4 episodes in, it's at least better than Voyager, and there is no alternative sci fi show out there.
7.5/10

Yeah, funny how that doesn't happen and isn't real.

Given the difference between this show and Million Ways, I think he's keeping it in check.

That movie tried stuffing itself with jokes even when it didn't work, here it's just snark now and then.

Lesson was learned hard.

I hate when aliens look 99% like humans.

It's to keep cost production lows and make them more relatable, as in a human with cat ears is more relatable, than an abstract shape with a thousand edges that floats and glows, if they are given the same script.

I would relate with this.

t. an abstract shape with a thousand edges that floats and glows

Could this be a subtle Odo reference? Maybe a cheap Hoorta gag?

lol if you look closely you can see the edges of the fake sky Nasa used hide the clouds. Man I can't believe I ever fell for this round earth Bullshit. people need to wake up

Oh yeah, forgot about the blunt she stashed in her pocket. I thought that was going to end like in the first episode where the random item in the pocket saves the day and they calm the crazy superior race with DUDE WEED.

Just you wait until he posts a video BTFO'ing centuries of demonstrable science made by some faggot hippie that does weed every minute of the day.

The single-camera is so good. No one at the executive level seems to realise that Star Trek isn't an action-packed camera nightmare. You have a single camera on a still set, with the occasional running camera for a chase scene and fight scenes consist of "hide behind pillar and shoot perfectly" or "clasp hands together and whack enemy like a baseball bat".

The cheezy fight scenes were one of the best parts of Galaxy Quest

if you think space is real thats fine but its a fact Nasa is pretending to go there and thats pretty fucked up, makes you wonder what else there hiding…

NASA has gone there, but they regularly make shit up and withhold discoveries like water on Mars for months/years to milk the government for shekels.

I have no qualms with FEs saying NASA is a scam, but to say that every thing they've said, as well as the Russians, Chinese, South Africans, Australians, British, Spanish, Mexicans etc have said is disingenuous.

I'd be more open to the idea that there's aliens underneath the Antarctic that to say it's a huge wall of ice. Doubly so, since Australian researchers found giant ice caves that keep in warm and may contain animals and plants, untouched by humans.

businessinsider.com/warm-caves-under-antarctica-which-could-support-secret-life-2017-9?IR=T

I'm really into the show so far. Just decided to post to ask, would anyone be interested if I started writing Orville fanfiction? I've been getting strong urges to write Alara-centered stories featuring romantic plots, mainly Alara x Klyden (although there's definitely potential with the crew members I feel could make good pairings with her).
If not here, elsewhere, would there be any interest? They haven't added The Orville to fanfiction.net (yet?).
Tell me what you think, and please, if you're also of the creative type join in and post your own Orville fanfiction.

>fake pics of every planet
But they're legit, okay.
None of those countries have NASA style only Russia and Japan. Roscosmos supposedly landed unmanned robots on the moon and took pictures, the pics were so fake they scrubbed them off the net years ago. Jaxa meanwhile is even worse about bubbles than NASA and has mostly stayed quiet since putting out their Selene pics of the moon, supposedly taken from 30 miles above the lunar surface.
Face it, you're like a little kid struggling to hold on to santa.

I'm not interested in any fanfiction but I'm sure someone out there in the aether is. You do your thing, user.

The problem I had with the transgender issue is that if it was in an actual Star Trek episode the "bad guys" in Orville would've been Picard.

The arguments the Orville crew were making were the complete opposite someone like Picard would make. They talked around the subject over and over again, giving a lot of good coutner examples and every time they were shot down with "but this is different."

The lone female they find on the planet which they hold up as a sining example of why you should let children be born with birth defects only works because of the "im the famous author" asspull that comes from nowhere and basically amounts to her vaguely suggesting she is the author which is accepted by everyone in the room immediatly. Despite it making no sense whatsoever (how does she publish her works if she's never spoken to another living member of her race and lives in a cave in the mountians?)

Star Trek would've made the point much better by having the plot revolve around some mystery whereby the race actually is a two gender species but females have been genetically modified out for being too weak, or the female birth rate is actually much higher but the stigma of it causes all of them to be changed to dudes. Then you could actually make the shows point. Instead we get the message of "humans are 100% right all the time, every species should have two sexes because we do, girl power!"

Bonus points for holding up the super strong girl as some paragon of what girls can do because she's stronger than all the other races. I watched this back to back with episode four and that girl is easily the worst security chief and bridge officer that has ever appeared in a sci-fi show. Someone tries to run her over with a car, points guns at them, and she tries walking towards them grinning. She gets put in command and over the objections of the science officer nearly cripples the ship 5 mins in.

Orville has some saving graces but it plays out like a Star Trek show written by a dude that's only ever heard of Star Trek second hand from his stoner buddy.

Episode 4 was even more Trek than episode 3. The only jokes were at moments of tension, and didn't distract too much from what was happening even when they were bad. There is a clear sense that the plot and characters still exist, even when briefly paused for a comedic rendition.

Eg, when Alara got shot and Palicki screams "no" and immediately gets clubbed in the head, that came right after an attempt at humour which wasn't superb but provided a stark contrast to let us see how serious the situation was.

Compare with STD, where the situation is constantly so super serious that nothing but poorly-lit rooms with flickering lights and Dutch angles will do. The final scene of men with shadowed faces casting judgment without a trial/after an implied mere formality trial made me kek and groan simultaneously. There is no frame of reference for what "normal" is, so the constant seriousness just feels like a monotone and even creates unintentional humour.

I included a picture from the first great TNG episode to show what a courtroom in Star Trek might look like - note that this was a makeshift field tribunal, so an actual post-incident trial would probably be even more public and spacious.

b-b-but user… i… wait… are you trying to trick me into watching a third-rate TNG knock-off and taking it seriously? Let's be honest… episode 4's jokes fell flat. It had a perfectly workable Star Trek-style plot, but without the steady drip of humor, the spell wears-off and we're left watching a very bad throwback show with ok production. There isn't anything else. The show isn't trying to be dark and edgy, it's not trying to be violent, it's not offering sexy eye candy (alara is cute, not sexy). Yes, the jokes are decompressing "serious" scenes, but they're also serving a form of propulsion. If the jokes don't land, we get bored and start noticing shit we probably shouldn't notice… like plot holes and bad sfx.

The Orville or something like it has to succeed. It has to keep hope alive in the fans for optimistic sci-fi as well as making work for people behind the scenes who might go on to restore true Star Trek in the future. If the show plays it 100% straight - the whole thing falls on its face.

I love how the alien blob has no nose and Norm McDonald is obviously delivering his lines with his nose pinched. It's attention to detail on the part of the cast and crew that will pay-off later when they're working on a serious show.

I support The Orville for the fact that its keeping the spirit of optimistic sci-fi alive and actually put it on real television and made work for a lot of people. That's important.

in ep 4 it's implied - by alara herself no less - that the robot guy is her only match on the ship… so, maybe some Yar vs. Data parallels in our future? also, you're a degenerate

There are plenty of good sci-fi shows.

None of them needed a 3rd rate Star Trek knock-off to succeed, or a third rate knock-off of whatever type of show they are.

If Star Trek succeeds in the future it wont be beacuse of a terribly unfunny low-brow sci-fantasy show with a star trek coat of paint and plenty of 90s references.

shit

Ep 4 was boring as fuck and predictable