ThinkPad (and Toughbook) thread

Old one hit 400 posts again.

Other urls found in this thread:

directupload.net/file/u/50553/d6ukul3h_jpg.htm
directupload.net/file/u/50553/96xa8q79_jpg.htm
thinkpads.com/support/Thinkpad-Drivers/download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/ddfm/T60.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minitel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY
ebay.com/itm/301703894402
libreboot.org/docs/install/rpi_setup.html
fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=151527756600887&w=2
raspberrypi.org/blog/why-raspberry-pi-isnt-vulnerable-to-spectre-or-meltdown/
support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/len-18282#thinkpad
notebookcheck.com/Lenovo-will-ein-neues-15-Zoll-ThinkPad-ohne-Nummernblock-auf-den-Markt-bringen.291714.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-wants-to-release-a-new-15-inch-ThinkPad-without-a-numpad.291718.0.html
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/t60-14-1-modification-swap-xga-screen-for-sxga-directly.324483/
ebay.com/itm/173171560120
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does nobody mention the X201? It's a better X220.
-more screen space (16:10)
-option to completely remove trackpad

Because you should be mentioning the X200 either way, faggot.

It's okay to bo gay.

source or fake

Stop making chatroom generals faggot.

Schools are a great source of old thinkpads. If you're lucky you'll get one for free like i did.

That's a lie though (at least it surely was at the moment you made this thread).

The OP is not a reply

Last IBM made ThinkPad was the Z6x IIRC, everything afterwards is Lelnopo.

By tightening the screws, I mean the ones on the heatsink that secure it to the CPU; but this isn't all that important. You'll need to put one of the thicker thermal pads (the kind you'd find on Northbridge) to the left of the cmos battery (so, it'll be on the magnesium skeletion, and it'll be touching the area that houses RAM). this elevates the keyboard just enough to make it equal. Note that it'll raise the area with the mouse buttons; but it's better than having your entire keyboard lopsided. I wish I had a camera so I could show you a picture, but it's pretty simple. I don't feel more keyboard flex using this method but ymmv.

Here are some photos of a W500 heatsink inside a T60 - notice the square space next to the cmos battery, that's where you'll need to put the thermal pad.
directupload.net/file/u/50553/d6ukul3h_jpg.htm
directupload.net/file/u/50553/96xa8q79_jpg.htm

no you fuck. its not good enough to be cool and trendy to get an old overpriced laptop...the hardware on the 201 has to be finagled so you dont have to use propriatarey nonfree software

how to get into schools. where do they hide the good thinkpads? i know a couple that have computer racks but the only one that I saw had chromebooks and i was like yucky

holy crap is that ur project? what kind of processor does the t60 have?

befriend the IT guy.

el-sahef is that you? :^)

He claimed the old thread had hit 400 posts as he was making the thread, while pic shows it hadn't.

? Any details on this?

X201 can't be librebooted, only the X200 can.

What's the fastest wifi card that supports F-R-E-E-D-O-M and L-I-B-E-R-T-Y?
Does it fit into half slot? That would be perfect)

The OP of that thread, which you referenced in your picture, does not count as a reply when talking about "400 posts." If you include the OP with the total amount of replies, it adds up to be 400 posts total.

Anything Atheros.

What does that have to do with homosexuality?

But nothing with 802.11ac

What about pci mini sata ssd for installing an OS?

What is the appeal of thinkpads
I got an HP envy laptop and it’s actually pretty nice. I can’t imagine a thinkpad has any advantages over it aside from repelling pussy

Easy to get parts, easily repairable, huge community behind it, reliable, relatively cheap used.

why do you respond to blatant bait? it must be 'tism, in which case its okay, i forgive you

LOL backala mohammad jihad

I got an x220t. Is there an after market mod for the screen rotating hinge so it can go left and right?

yea u just need a hammer and some duck tape

1. hammer
2. tape
3. rotate

Good keyboard on the non-chicklet ones, built like a tank, has trackpoint, excellent freetard OS / hardware compatibility.

Nope, physically impossible.

Should be doable IIRC, haven't tried it.

Lelnovo had better fix my clicker quick.

I have 2 T500's, 8GB Ram upgraded to T9800, Both have the ATi 3650, 120GB SSD's was my daily Until i was gifted an X-1 Carbon with the I5. Both are running Win 8.1 with a lot of regsitry gutting (as much as i could get away with) Always wanted to try libre/coreboot. I'm looking @ the requirements and it seems i'll need to install a chip to flash?

25 is literally just a nu-pad with a decent keyboard. It's still got the thin bullshit, the 16:10 screen, and everything else there is to hate about recent laptops, and for all that it doesn't even have decent specs among recent laptops.

It has the only decent keyboard on the market especially with the nub, and the screen is actually very nicely done with the anti-glare. I know about all the botnet and not very impressive specs and whatnot though Louis.

No, worse -- 16:9.

If it has ATI graphics you can't libreboot it, but coreboot is possible. Also, yes -- you'll need an external flasher.

the t500 has switchable graphics, he'll just lose the ati chip on libre.

Help, I just bought a T60 and a Precision M70. No chargers and unknown specs, they should work however.

Holy shit if that M70 has the WUXGA screen though...

o-ok

And only 10 minutes after posting this, my mailman ringed the bell and a parcel containing two X3x batteries and a T23 palmrest came in.

only if you are a video editduhhhher

It's 4:3 with the top cut off.

4:3 is 16:9 with the sides cut off.

I have a restore disc question: can I just call Lelnopo in my country and ask "hey I got this X32 and I want FRU xxx which is the Windows XP Pro restore disc for this machine"

"not supported, kthxbai. ps buy our latest shit"

How about making /tpg/ and /terry/ into rolling stickies, given that they are remade perpetually?

Because then you'd get cyclicals for every thread related to one subject, not something guy9000 is waiting on I guess.

recurring subject* not one subject

Room mate bought a T430 and I'm jealous; my L430 works but I know there are better models. I've put up an ad for older models and got a message from a guy with a W530. A beefy upgrade, unfortunately it has the chicklet keyboard, but I think that's what the L430 also has which I'm okay with. Is it worse than the L430 freedom-wise?

Does this wiki have some wiki/buyers guide?

this general, I mean

Should be the same pretty much, Ivy Bridge.

Oh, and do the xx20 keyboard mod when you get it.

Lenovo doesn't even offer driver downloads for Thinkpads that old on its web site any more.

You're looking at going onto the auction site or finding it as warez if you need a restore disc. Best plan is to just install Linux or OpenBSD or something instead.

So my Thinkpad 25 came back today, really quick service from Lelnovo. The buttons work fine on this unit and I'm quite happy with it, even if the top two rows of keys are a little weirdly laid out compared to my IBM Thinkpads.

Now to get the NVIDIA working. I hope some day to be able to get rid of Intel ME too but for now those CIA niggers can have at it.

Cool, I should be getting my Precision M70 and T60 tomorrow.

Except I didn't, fucking seller shipped them at 7 PM, which is too late. Parcel service picks up parcels at 5:30 PM.

Oh well. What games can I play on a GeForce 6800?

since when touching clit make you gay...
You need to gibe logic there

how much would you put for an X200 and for an X220 ?

Since I'm actually on the hunt for one, I'd gladly pay 2500 SEK for one. Roughly $300. This is on the Swedish market, mind.

Not even in the "EOL downloads" area?

Fucking kill me already. PostNL doesn't deliver parcels on Monday where I live.

Only for x6x and up IIRC.

Theres this though: thinkpads.com/support/Thinkpad-Drivers/download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/ddfm/T60.html

about $120
no more than $70
t. user of a $35 x200t in breddy gud condition

LOL, the seller sent me a M6400 instead of a M70, what a retard!

T60 even has WWAN and 3GB RAM, awesome!

Just bought a X9100 for it and installing XP, making a XP/Vista era gaming rig out of this thing.

looking for an atheros network card for my X200 and there's way too many to choose from and the differences I don't understand too well. Can anyone help me out with what to get

Damn i'm jelly at pic related.

Installed Win7 on my M6400 again because I couldn't get the drivers working on XP. Still need to find a battery and the 2nd HDD caddy.

Is the t520 any good? Anything that I should know before I buy one?

Cons: 1600x900 - bad resolution, weak sound, no USB 3.0
Pros: compatible w/ Coreboot and comfy classic keyboard

mfw

Are you going to be using it with Libreboot?
I use an AR5B95 with mine.

whoever thought doing keyboard layouts like that, physically or digitally, was a good idea needs to be shot.

It's a good idea. Qwerty is unintuitive.

The early Minitel terminals were basically glorified online phonebooks, and the keyboard shown in that image would have sufficed. As early as two years later, the newer terminals were using AZERTY keyboards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minitel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY

yeah gonna see if i can do only free software

I ended up with a T430s for 2200 SEK; quite the upgrade in terms of work-comfyness.

I plan to install [core|libre]boot on it. The RAM in it are two 2Rx8 sticks, albeit of different vendors; hopefully this isn't an issue. Intel is used for wifi though, but a replacement doesn't cost and arm and a leg; is it ebay.com/itm/301703894402 I'm looking for? I also ordered a ultrabay battery, but dang, that thing cost 1/4 of what I paid for the laptop. I've yet to recieve it, but I hope it will extend the current battery life somewhat. But I should probably look into heavier battery saving features on Linux also.

Are there any other recommanded changes? I already have an SSD in it and a HDD bay for when I need it. Perhaps something fun for the second PCI-E slot? Are there maybe even better keyboads for the s-model?

I notice now that uses the model I linked, but is there a recommended place to purchase it?

T430s isn't supported by Libreboot, only Coreboot - so you can't be 100% FLOSS
Also, chiclet keyboard

Chucks. Oh well, probably beats the current firmware. At least the chiclet keyboard beats the one on my L430. Got a HHKB to remedy it for long writing sessions, at least.

tl;dr: How hard is it to change an Display for T530 or T540p?

I'm in need of a need Notebook and it should be an ThinkPad this time. After some research I came to the conclusion that an T530 or an T540p would probably the right choice, since I'm a big guy in needing of an big screen, but also because the stats seems ok for the price. Problem is, I'm pretty poor atm but need some mobile working machine as soon as possible, so i thought it might be an good idea to skimp on the screen resolution and get an decent display later on.

I'm just not sure how hard it would be, what tools i would need to change it, and would it doable with the motorics of an tractor?

I did a little research before, but found nothing specific to the T540p or T530, so i thought it would be an good idea to ask Holla Forums

Yes, of course
I don't know if Coreboot includes GRUB directly in the flash boot as Libreboot does
Because of this, you can encrypt /boot partition for example
If you want to go full free software, you will need to buy another hardware like T400 or T500
All I feel is pain

Just installed Libreboot on my second x200.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (300x419, 147.66K)

Go back to cuck chan.

All classic design thinkpads are easy to swap parts.
The problem is whether or not you can find the screens.

My man!
My first x200t was $60. My second x200t was $40 with a bad screen. It also turned out to be an x201t that someone had did a shitty job replacing the screen.
From there I got a $20 multitouch screen and rebuilt it.
Then I added on an internal msata adapter so I have my OS on an ssd and everything else on the HDD.
It's downright comfy.
x201t isn't as good as x200t.

Been wanting to libreboot mine.

you got a guide you follow or recommend? I'm a bit wary about fucking it up

>libreboot.org/docs/install/rpi_setup.html
This the original guide for Coreboot. I completely skipped the part where they suggest to change the MAC (not sure of it's purpose, to be quite frankly).
Essentially, all you have to do is this part right here:
pi# cd ~/flashrompi# ./flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 --chip -r romread1.rompi# ./flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 --chip -r romread2.rompi# ./flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 --chip -r romread3.rompi# sha512sum romread*.rompi# ./flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 --chip -w libreboot.rom
If you omit the --chip parameter, it'll automatically list all the possible chip choices, and it'll specify the ROM dimension in bytes, and given that information you can download the appropriate Libreboot file.
If you're running Raspbian, you don't even have to compile Flashrom, since it's already present in its repo.
Keep in mind that although the in the guide the SPI Speed is set to be 512, I noticed that with my RPi B+ it didn't work at all. Even at 256 is often failed. Setting it at 128 worked just fine.

You can't really fuck up, since the first thing you'll do is dump the factory's ROM, which you should be able to flash in case something goes wrong.

Found a guy parting out a Dell Inspiron with a T7600, bought the CPU for a nice price and should be getting it later this week. TOL T60 build here I come!

Still need a SXGA+ screen, T60p board, W500 cooler and LED conversion kit though.

Shit I just installed HD Tune on my T60 and found out the SSD has one retired block. How fucked am I?

It really is the best machine ever with those enhancements. I have a UXGA Hydis panel but I think I would've preferred a SXGA+ IPS panel, because most pages don't render correctly and it has a (slight) blue tint.

Except a SXGA+ IPS panel doesn't exist in 14.1, apparently. I always thought T4*p/T60p 14.1 models had a AFFS panel.

Guess I was wrong all the time.

Yeah, and the 14.1" SXGA+ panels are horribly blue (just like the panels in the xx20 series). The XGA panels aren't bad though.

Ergo, stick with the XGA panel then?

In my opinion, yes.

The part about the pins confuses me a bit. it says start counting from the right but the diagram shows the number starting from the left.

The pins start from the side without USB ports.

shiggy diggy

Also, mine collects dust behind the TV, since it's used as Media Center.

I'm seriously considering replacing my broken down thinkpad with this. There's no other way to escape ((( Intel ))).

Attached: pifeat.jpg (1800x1200, 806.17K)

ARM is fully proprietary and just as vulnerable to Spectre as Intel is. RPi won't even start without proprietary firmware that does who-the-fuck-knows-what.

Spectre is a spook and not the reason you should be trying to avoid Intel. The Intel ME is.

How can you know that RPi doesn't come with its own version of ME?

Because there is no such documented feature in ARM processors?

Still, the RPi isn't any better.
>fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers

Libreboot website says it is possible to run BeagleBone and Rpi with fully free software. FSF needs to update their fake news article.

Just disassembled my T60, waiting for the T7600 to come in the mail tomorrow.

Also replaced the thermal pads for the X1300 GPU.

Are you supposed to replace those? I mean, thermal paste dries off, but those pads seem to remain always the same.

Exactly where?

Beagleboards can be run without GPU so they can go complete FOSS mode, but RPi requires the proprietary firmware to boot since RPi is a video decoding SBC for educational porpoises

ARM is a spook but all RISC is suckless secure, since there are less features by default, and features are bugs or exploits

Had to replace it because they eroded away, basically.

Typing this from my T7600 equipped T60 btw, not bad how fast this thing is!

What about power consumption?
I'm considering to use my P8700'd Thinkpad x200 without Xorg and exclusively with `screen` to reduce any sort wasted processing power.

Undervolted to 1.0375V so even with Prime95 running it won't go above 70C.

Significanlty faster than a Pentium 4 or an Atom, but then again any Core i (even first gen) is significantly faster that the first gen Core 2. In particular, you'll notice sluggishness when perusing Google Street View in 1680x1050 resolution.

What is that?

ARM isn't a duopoly like x86, there's all kinds of chips. You just have to get the right one and also the right board. Takes some research and effort, but it's doable.
Some ARM SBCs that don't need blob to boot are listed here: fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers
Cortex-A7 isn't vulnerable to Meltdown, and probably not Spectre either: marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=151527756600887&w=2
You also have to avoid GPU blob, and avoid using SATA disk except via USB, and avoid using Ethernet except via USB (otherwise those can do DMA and fuck you with botnet firmware). But that's also an issue on x86.
There doesn't exist any "nice" computers anymore but ARM is less shit than Intel if you use your brain and don't just buy meme RPI board. Maybe RISC-V will get us out of this mess, but it'll be some time before you can buy anything except expensive dev board. TBQH, I'm not really holding my breath and instead I'm lowering all my hardware requirements as much as possible so that even a 20-year old computer can do what I need, because simpler systems are much harder to subvert: no microcode and easily writable firmware shit all over the place for starters.

Attached: Amiga-Workbench_zpsutk6gcxs.jpg (640x589, 89.62K)

Isn't it a monopoly though? Because all ARM chips are made by Acorn?

ARM Holdings is a monopoly only in the sense that they control the IP. They license their core designs (like the Cortex series) to anyone who wants to manufacture them, and they also license their instruction set to anyone who wants to make entirely new designs. Companies who have fab plants (like Allwinner) pay to use the license and integrate it into SoC's. Then those are bought by companies that make SBC's like Beaglebone and Banana Pi. So ARM Holdings has less direct control over the hardware implementation than Intel. So the ARM hardware is more diverse and you have more choices. You just have to know what to look for, and what to avoid.

it's a good bench of bloated browser shit, if nothing else.

Wrong, the Pi is immune to Spectre.

REPEAT THE PI IS IMMUNE TO SPECTRE

raspberrypi.org/blog/why-raspberry-pi-isnt-vulnerable-to-spectre-or-meltdown/

With RMClock, or another way?

ThrottleStop.

Bought a CF-29 Mk4 today, paid 75€ but it did came with charger, battery, caddy AND a CF-27 CD/DVD drive!

Went back and got myself a R61 15" nonWS for 25€, and a Advanced Dock+car charger for 25€

Not bad, if you ask me.

Where are you buying all this good from?

A HAM radio market nearby me that's every year, got 3 CF-18 Mk4's from that same market last year.

LOL, this R61 actually has the mobo of a T60 in it.

Damn I feel retarded now, couldn't get Middleton's BIOS installed somehow, this explains why!

T500 here, been looking at the spectre firmware upgrades and it's not listed. Am I fucked?

support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/len-18282#thinkpad

I guess so. Anything older than xx20 has officially been EOL for a year or so, and it's hard to imagine they would bother with. The x201 was lucky to get a BIOS update last year for the "Silent Bob" thing, but with Meltdown/Spectre I wouldn't get any hopes up.

Fuck, Roll Cage has the infamous break just above the fan grille.

Going up for sale it is!

Well shit, guess I'm going shopping again.

There's a lot of banal tasks than benefit from vertical space, such as reading and writing text. You don't have to be a veedeeoh editor.

To enhance a conversation I was having with a crush of mine on campus, I nonchalantly started pouring my water bottle into my T520 keyboard, I did it mid sentence without breaking eye contact so she'd think it was natural. Her facial expression started off shocked and then progressed to full horror. She kept helplessly pointing to the now fully submerged keyboard, I just nodded and loudly continued my sentence. Of course I knew all along my T520 was perfectly protected by the IBM bedpan technology and drainholes. I told her "If you don't water it at least once in the evenings it gets way too hot" I winked and then started typing with droplets flicking off the keys.

It goes without saying she thought about me a lot that day, and no doubt saw me as more than a classmate. After that she almost went out of her way to avoid me, even in coincidental bump-ins around town. At first I thought this was just the butterflies getting the best of her, just like the butterfly keys on my 701 Series would. But now I'm worried someone's stolen my moves and confused her. Do you think someone saw the water episode and took notes? What am I supposed to do if they've shown her a W700ds?

David Hill blocked me on Twitter and Richard Sapper is dead. I don't have anyone else to turn to and I'm running out of ideas.

Pic disclaimer: Lunduke is actually not a nu-male soyboy, but I find that image too funny not to use it.

Attached: woah.jpg (636x641, 193.63K)

Step it up you pleb, I just took my CF-29 in the shower and cleaned all sorts of gunk off it.

Let's see your ThinkPad do that!

jesus user

is this fresh pasta?

Attached: laugh.jpeg (817x857, 62.38K)

First time I saw it was 1 month ago.

Aaaaand sold. except I made a razor thin profit of 35%

Fuck yeah, sold my R60 too.

Didn't make a profit, but I took out the 500GB HDD and 2GB SODIMM that was in it though, so there's that.

Oh fuck my life.

THANKS DELL

Thankfully it was relatively easy to dissasemble, so when I get a 240w adapter I'm going to upgrade, I can't get it sold anyway so i'm kind of stuck with it.

Bought a 240W adapter for a few bucks, might aswell keep it now.

Also traded my Port Replicator II for the smaller one, and found out the dad from the guy I traded it with is a huge techie, heading back later this week to him to have my X32 fixed.

My regular ATI T60 makes this really annoying buzzing sound when I scroll using the trackpoint, what could the source be? My T60p doesn't have the same problem.

Coil whine?

I found a guy who sells a couple of Thinpads with only one functioning USB port.
What can I assume from this?

Wrecked trash you should stay away from.

And I got chinked. Fuck my life. Let's hope Paypal will refund my money for that X9100.

Tell me about this adapter. Does it just werks? What about the reverse?

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-konverter-punjaca-okruglog-pravokutni-slika-87762142.jpg (640x640, 26.92K)

I'm quite sure reverse won't work, that's a female to male adapter.

OH FUCK ME THIS DAMNED ADAPTER.
I used to have a Lenovo G-series laptop.
The build quality was SHIT. Especially the power cord.
It would simultaneously ruin both the adapter and the fucking port.
So many God forsaken dollars I shelled out on that fucking thing.

What is this even? Power to what?

Round to square ThinkPad converter.

Newish "thinkpads" have rectangular power sockets? Whew

Finally librebooted my laptop but now when I turn it on and choose to go into my arch install I get a few errors

Failed to map dmar2
Also it can't find a specific UUID so it drops into emergency shell and I get a rootfs prompt. Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated.

God damn, I feel retarded now. I spent two days trying to find the P8600 from my M6400 because I lost it, and it ended up sitting in a ESD bag in my bucket of computer screws.

That FX2700M is a beast of a DX10 card though.. it runs Fallout NV at 1440x900 Ultra with 60+ FPS when overclocked, not bad if you ask me!

notebookcheck.com/Lenovo-will-ein-neues-15-Zoll-ThinkPad-ohne-Nummernblock-auf-den-Markt-bringen.291714.0.html

What would be the chances of Lelnopo fucking this up once again like they did with the ThinkPad T25?

Ich spreche keine deutsch.

dmar2 thing is basically a non-issue. What's your UUID problem?

I try to boot into my arch Linux install and It can't find a UUID which is most likely root and just drops into an emergency shell

Attached: IMG_0560.JPG (3264x2448, 1.8M)

Can you post your arguments to GRUB

how do I show my grub arguments

lsblk -fs, look for UUID of your partition. Then edit your /etc/fstab accordingly.

Do you get one GRUB menu or two? Some will have the Libreboot GRUB followed by their MBR GRUB, some will just have the LIbreboot GRUB

press "e" anyhow

Attached: IMG_0564.JPG (3264x2448 2.01 MB, 1.95M)

depending on your partitioning scheme, set the "Arch Linux" scheme so the line linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=xxxxxx rw says linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/sdXn rw where X is your primary harddrive and n is the partition number. It'll probably be sda1 or sda2.

same issue. not finding the partition

Is your drive encrypted?

I don't remember encrypting it to be honest but what if it was

Can you boot into a livecd?

Yea I can boot into a liveUSB. My SSD is still there and everything.

Illiterate spotted.

Are those x62 motherboards and x300s still available for purchase? Where would I buy one?

Attached: 51nb x320.jpg (3000x2000, 527.67K)

Taobao or LCDfans' their Facebook page.

Or try asking around on the ThinkPad subreddit, I guess.

Went to a thrift store today and found a IBM ThinkPad laptop bag for only 4€, needs a good wash and it doesn't fit in the largest washer I have at home and it didn't came with a shoulder strap.

Not a bad score for that amount of money if you ask me, now my T2x's and my T60 have bags!

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-wants-to-release-a-new-15-inch-ThinkPad-without-a-numpad.291718.0.html

FUCK advert sites.

Not much of value was lost however, it's only a Mk1 model with the even then hilariously slow Celeron 400 CPU.

Help, I just bought five T6x era ThinkPads for only 40€

No chargers, batteries or HDDs, but at least I can pilfer the screen out of that T60 SXGA+ for mine now!

Oh shit, the 15 inch SXGA+ T60 has a FlexView screen: forum.notebookreview.com/threads/t60-14-1-modification-swap-xga-screen-for-sxga-directly.324483/

If somebody would do this pi in a laptop shell thing correctly I'd jump on it though.

Goddamnit...

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (900x900, 601.46K)

ebay.com/itm/173171560120

FUCK my life. I would kill someone for this thing. Also missed out on a untested Toughpad in Germany for only 160€ back in November, oh well.

Honestly the real problem with it is the fact that it's tied to the raspberry pi and you still can't replace the god damn battery. If there was some kind of bulky "shell" that had enough room inside for any arbitrary micro computer and a good quality screen, keyboard, and touchpad to interface with them it would be perfect. The hardest part about making that kind of stuff yourself is that it's not electronics, it's materials and construction. There's a video of some guy making his own little wooden laptop shell for the raspberry pi and a 7" screen and the number of specialized, huge, and expensive workshop tools he used was astounding.

Damn, I told myself to stop buying ThinkPads, and now I ended up buying a untested T22.

Looks to be in awesome condition however.

Attached: $_86.JPG (768x1024, 82.06K)