Mystery thread

What are the best mystery movies/shows, Holla Forums? I read a lot of great mystery books but I've only seen a couple good mystery movies like The Thing, Perfect Blue, and The Invitation.

Is there anything on par with In the Name of the Rose or Ten Little Niggers / And Then There Were None?

This was a decent adaptation.

It's a mystery how this movie got made.

Detective shows, seriously watch them.

It's whoever is guest starring. They give it away in the opening credits.

Absolute top grade taste.

True detective, no idea about the other season but 1 was nice.

Dial M for Murder is fucking great

Shit like Midsummer Murders doesn't do that i think.

this

This should forever be remembered as the best movie adaption of a game, reminded me a lot of Charade which is similarly great.

The atmosphere, characters, cinematography, and dialogue were great but the mystery itself was pretty lackluster. In a thread about mystery movies/shows the plot should be the most important part since it's what defines the genre.

How is Thing 1 a mystery?

Why must time reduce everything good to garbage?

Usual Suspects

mystery kino

The entire movie is a series of mysteries about finding out who is the thing, a mystery doesn't have to have a traditional murder mystery structure, it just needs to be about a mystery. The best mysteries also don't reveal themselves at the end and force the audience to think for themselves which is exactly what it does.

spoiled milk

The mystery and how they come across some really occult shit was one of the best things for me, didnt feel weak to me at all. I normally dont even like detective shows.

Cube

the Poirot series is not only great, there's also like 200 hours of it so you won't run out anytime soon

meh, I still hit it

The French.

step aside the best serial killer KINO coming through