Redpill me on DuckDuckGo. Why shouldn't I trust them with my searches?

Redpill me on DuckDuckGo. Why shouldn't I trust them with my searches?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/ddg.html
searx.me
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Russians

DaJOOOOOOOOOOOZ

not under the agpl

Owner is jewish, his previous company sold user data. That said, it isn't proven they spy on you, nor is it proven startpage/ixquick doesn't, but between the two I'll take my chances with ixquick.

Read the sticky.
8ch.net/tech/ddg.html

This. I like your characterization of the issues.

Same goes for halfchan's hiroshima. Why would you ever trust such people?

4chan and 2channel have always been public places. They have never been places to expect privacy.

Please research what he meant by "user data"

Use searx.me or make your own instance

IP addresses.

duckduckplsgo

they scrubbed search results when pedowood data dumps implicating britcuckistan ministers came out

good enough for me

We know Google spies, we don't know if DDG spies, so DDG is the better option. Searx the best.

Source?

GIRUGAMESH! tier

The results are shit anyway. Just use a meta search engine like StartPage or SearX.

Startpage probably has a deal with Google. After all, they've let them proxy Google's results for years. Remember Scroogle? They refused connections from it and it died. Why won't they do the same to StartPage?

I still say that google is the best search engine ever created.
duckduckgo cant be used with scripts, but its good for downloading webms and mp4s which rarely work on 8ch.
the extra layer of anonymity is cool, especially if you are spoofing a mac adress.

not op but searX looks interesting thanks
would be even better if they added an onion service

if were being completely honest, everyone should just be on community or mesh networks and have changing mac adresses behind onion routers.
people are only going to be using mainstream search engines because it will run faster and the tradeoff is significant; google does have good tools

I've noticed that Cookie Autodelete announces that I get a cookie from Google when I use StartPage.

about to have your mind blown

unless you and duck duck go sign a contract that states they will not track you or your web searches, they can and will keep logs on you....

case in point that one kid who was using a vip web service that kept logs on all users even tho on the companies website it stated they do not keep logs on users

Complete polar opposite you dumb nigger. You need to have a contract signed to acknowledge that you're being spied on or else they're breaking the law. What the fuck do you think Terms of Service Agrements and Privacy Policies are?

useless shit that has never won a court case

Terms of Service and Privacy Policies? They're just to tell you how you will be spied on.

wasted opportunity

this

it doesn't even get results as good as google tbh, I know, I use both because shit doesn't work.

didn't save any of the screencaps, but this was some time in 2015, i saw it myself. searching for 'pedowood pastebin' on various search engines showed fewer and fewer results over the course of a couple of hours until eventually all the search engines returned zero results. I remember specifically anons were surprised that ddg was scrubbing results too given their claims of being a free speech/privacy-respecting/user-centered search engine

i really miss that site

There is not at all any reason to believe what you've said, without providing evidence. "Over the course of a couple hours" is not a believable time frame, either.

then keep using duck duck go, faggot. better yet, open up your microsoft(r) edge (c) browser and download google (r) chrome (c) and sign in with your google accountâ„¢ and post on rebbit(r) about what a truth warrior pede you are because you totally dismissed some guy's claim because it didnt meet your exacting standard of evidence. Don't worry, everyone knows that when cianiggers do covert action of any kind they leave a compelling chain of evidence lika a calling card. and of course everyone who witnesses evidence of this covert action is expected to keep a timed, dated and stamped full length uncompressed 4k video of the cianigger actions in real time.

But user don't you know that evidence is to be dismissed if it doesn't fit one's preconceived world view? The typical leftist's standard of evidence will never be met because the leftist will move the goalposts and shift the discussion into a recursive labyrinthine time sink of absurdity while spewing buzzwords to draw in fellow dipshits in an effort to generate credibility through numbers. It's why leftists hate anonymity and instead flock to discussion platforms where upvotes, karma or reputation points are prominently displayed. Their entire line of argumentation relies on rhetorical tricks and thinly veiled fallacious lines of reasoning.

It doesn't matter if you provide your 4k real time video, you'll get in response a 'not-all x are y, this is a one-time anomaly, that's just your opinion, that video is fake, that video was encoded with software x which is made by company y that once donated to a right wing charity therefore your video is irrelevant' all interspersed with the typical buzzword lexicon starting with "ignorant, bigoted, racist, kkk nazi, literally hitler, tinfoil, consiracy theorist" and the list goes on.

That's technically not ddg then, ddg just displays bing search results, ddg could in theory filter results but unless that's compared to a bing result then there's no way to tell, however they likely wouldn't bother as bing would do it and they get to say they don't filter.

Would explain why DDG search results are generally terrible.

This
But seeing how it's initial audience got there because after NSA leaks DuckDuckGo started marketing itself as "muh privacy", you know something's up

how new are you?
8ch.net/tech/ddg.html

not completely open source
hosted in US
that enough should be enough to throw it into the trash

heh moron

it's from an adam sandler movie