Maleficent 2 is being made

Was original at all popular or successful to warrant a sequel? Or are they gonna force any female lead dogshit till we croak or convert?

God Maleficent was so fucking terrible, perhaps the worst of the whole live action Disney remakes cancer and that's saying something considering how pozzed Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast were.

Jolie didn't even need to wear makeup.

she was god awful in it too

she was god awful in it too.

she was god awful in it too.

I think it wasn't bad. Most of the time when they make a totally useless prequel or something from an old children's story, they fuck it up big time. This was okay, the only really shitty part was the name of the protagonist. If she is a good guardian of the forest, why does she have such a dark sounding name?

I haven't seen the first Malificent though from what I hear it sounded like they ripped off Frozen. I'm just imagining some Disney executive browsing through his 13 yr old daughters fanfics on her computer desperately to find a script so he can keep his job.

see
and >>>/killyourself/

Maelficent was fucking terrible in every respect.

Sleeping Beauty is the best animated film of all time, Maleficent was the best villain Disney ever made, and the final battle between Maleficent and Phillip and the fairies was the best five minutes of cinema ever (IMO).

The new Maleficent shit all over everything that made the previous version great for the sake of feminism, but the result was a movie that was less feminist than the original. The main characers of the original sleeping beauty are the three good fairies: three women who are not sexually portrayed who want to protect a young girl and grow attached to her during the course of it. They rescue her true love and help him slay a powerful witch, then watch from above as they dance. It's their story. It easily passes their stupid Bechdel test.

But this was precisely the problem; women may say they want nonsexual women, but they really don't. They want youthful women who are pretty enough to self-insert into, but not so pretty they can't do it believably. This is why flat-chested cunts are the order of the day in Hollywood: women and faggots think they are attractive, but women think 'well my boobs are bigger so the guy would like me even better.'

So in Maleficent the three good fairies become three idiots incapable of anything. Maleficent goes from a powerful satanist and threat to an angry jilted thott who wants to fuck her ex-boyfriend's daughter. The concept of true love as the magic of heterosexual bonding - the building block of the human race - is inverted into a creepy mother/adopted daughter thing. True love can exist between anybody, goyim, and basically just means you are really fond of them. But romantic love has no power. The old Sleeping Beauty's main refrain was "Once Upon a Dream", which is all about the concept of a fated true love who will "love (you) at once". The modern Western world hates this idea like poison, because the modern western world is a materialist Sodom ruled by kid-fucking kikes. They have waged war on the romantic concept of love at first sight since the sexual revolution, to the point where a people willing to accept 90lb women defeating six foot stunt men will roll their eyes if a man and woman fall in love with each other.

That isn't an argument. This is.

They were reduced to comic sidekicks. Since the tone is so grimdark, like it is usual, there were no other choices for this role to fulfill…
I think what you wrote describes her better:
Or at least they wanted this to happen. Of course it doesn't make sense why the villian, who was once good, but is now evil, does this instead of the good fairies.

Hmm, don't know about that but I'll say that it is kinda underrated. Much better than a film like Beauty and the Beast which is highly overrated. Most people just remember it for Maleficient but there's many other positives about it too. Prince Phillip is probably the only disney prince I really liked, the others were pretty plain. Mainly I could really appreciate all the struggle he went through to rescue Aurora. The final battle is definitely awesome, Maleficent somehow felt even more evil in her final dialouge with Philip then she turns into a dragon! Holy Cow! Philip also defeated not just her, but in her dragon state, it was really cool!

The original animated movie was rather dark, from the scene were Aurora gets cursed and onward. It did 'dark' very well.

The shit wont end till anons stop going to fuckin disney movies.

It will never end then. Too many manchildren here.

Wrong. Sword in the Stone was the best disney movie.

she was fucking shit in it as well.

Not really. It's like the same story told three times.

It's a good movie but it's like half of what the movie should be - Arthur should be king for at least a good thirty minutes past the ending.

Who does that?

all me

OMG HOW WILL BRONALD BRUMPFT EVAR RECOVAR

this was the part that blew my mind the most when I watched this train wreck. they are the protagonists of the original cartoon and they are turned to shit in this movie.they also made all 3 of them gonk levels of ugly

That would be third on my list of fucking retarded things:

1) Making King Steffan -a kindly, somewhat doddering older man- the villain
2) Giving Maleficent Wings, because she wasn't Mary Sue enough
3) Making the fairies retards, because fuck depth in characters who aren't the Mary Sue
4) Making the crow a Human
5) Making Phillip a clueless kid
6) Maleficent becomes a surrogate mother for Aurora
7) Set piece battle between evil hu-wites and army of fey creatures with flying Maleficent
8) 'Oh no, I can't undo my curse!'