One of the best cartoons of all time

One of the best cartoons of all time

It's alright.

It's pretty great and I am glad they didn't ruin it with some kind of half-assed sequel series

One of the best adventure stories in animation. Greatly helped by coming out when there was a dearth of other decent cartoons. It's a shame more shows haven't tried to follow in its footsteps, instead relying on lore (for retention) and episodic comedy (for ease-of-entry) as a "winning formula." Actually, thinking back, I'm struck by how little the series relied on lore to keep people interested - it was mostly character interactions and progression, which is all but anathema to the schlock that's generally produced. I mean, the lore was there, but A) it wasn't these half-hidden easter eggs to encourage some artificial youtube community to endlessly speculate and B) it was relevant to and discussed by the characters, folding it into their own arcs (such as learning the risks of the Avatar state, or the oppositions of the elements).

How does Pirates of Blackwater hold up in retrospect? I remember it as the first cartoon I'd ever watched with a similar structure, but can't remember a thing about it other than being super freaked out by that episode with the lady who was using the water to make herself look young.

When will this stupid meme end?

Isn't Spongebob constantly circlejerked on 4chan and Holla Forums?

Cheeky trips of truth

Oh user, we all know Bryan and Mike would never ruin the series with a politically driven, pandering sack of fucking garbage! Even then, I'm sure they'll bring back Aaron Ehasz to work on the story to make sure it's the same quality of the original! But its not like that's ever going to happen, next you'll be telling me they'll add in a same sex romance that comes out of nowhere half way through the series for a bunch of fags on some gay blog website. Knock on wood!

>>>/reddit/

Rocko's Modern Life was alright.

When's the last time you saw a positive spongebob thread on any board on Holla Forums?

Season 3 was the worst. It's also the season where Bryke took a much bigger role than older seasons.

Ah hate you.

Isn't it generally agreed that seasons 1-3 of Spongebob are good?

Just give us one episode foreshadowing the energy lion turtles. The history of energybending and why this works. I'da been fucking stoked with that. Instead it felt like Aang was pussyfooting until the writers realised they'd ran out of episodes.

It's fantastic, my man. You should defintiely see it. And then rage because it ended prematurely thanks to the (((network execs))).

E;R has a good video series on that, saves the time of having to watch whorra for more reasons to hate it

can you imagine if they retconed or invalidated major plot points from the original show?

Like if they shoehorned a God and Satan analogue into a Far Eastern setting out of some bastardization of Yin-Yang?

And then used that analogue to invalidate all we knew about the Avatar up until this point, while simultaneously retconning all the established lore about the history of bending?
Nah, Mike and Brian are better than resorting to something so contrived.

This.
In fact, the latter part of the final Reniggings episode gave me the theory that the same thing happened with George Lucas.

Guys, stop it! All this speculation is getting me worried about the Last Airbender movie that was just announced! We should just relax and enjoy 2008 while it lasted! 4chan Holla Forums is so cool, good thing some faggot with some gay ass name like Redwood or something won't fuck it up and this tumblr thing doesn't look too bad. Anyone got a tumblr, bros? I'm thinking about telling my tumblr friends about this place!

What's the worst M00t's nigger boyfriend could do anyway?
User was banned for this post

Speaking of moot, here we see him on /jp/, his favorite board.

Are you from the future?

Don't shintoïsm have gods?

Yes they do. They also have kami which are like spirits.

Dude have you ever looked up Asian mythologies they do have gods. Chinese have gods and weird mythological figures and so do the Japanese.

The eastern religion that Avatar bases a lot of it's mythology on, Buddhism with some Hindu and Confusion mixed in, don't have any gods.

Ok I thought you meant the Asian countries themselves with their myths and not Buddhism.

Im not
just giving an explanation

oh ok then. Sorry about that.

Get a load of this guy.

Having gods is one thing. Having God and Satan is another. Especially the Avatar already had a backstory.

t. Hindu