How and How NOT to design/make costumes

Why is it that Kikewood simply cannot nail down how to make a good look superhero suit? Sure maybe every now and again you'll get something that looks good and comic accurate but they're few and far between. Then other times you get costumes that try to be accurate but are made of materials that do not make it live up to it's potential. Or even look good on screen. Lastly, the most common you'll find, there's the costumes that take too many liberties and are made of poorly suited materials. Or just designed extremely poorly.

So Holla Forums, I ask you, how do we change this? How would you design and make a superhero's costume to make it reach it's fullest greatest potential on screen?

Feel free to also share your examples of costumes done well and costumes that are absolute shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/kQupc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with CGI. The more complicated the design, the less it looks fake when computer animated.

I think the Batman TV show costumes were excellent. Super saturated colors should always be a part of superhero TV shows and movies. It gives them a visual pop.

Oh god, that's probably even the really nice looking suit they use for the shots where they're just standing around too.

How can the CW on a shoestring budget nail the costume a million times better than the god damn money-sink blockbuster that's supposed to launch a god damn multi-film franchise?

I mean seriously, what's with that color fade? And why in the most unholy bowels of hell would you use black as a major design element for the costume if you're going to pepper the whole thing with WHITE impact scratches? Especially when you fade it to red and grey in a few areas. Just throw some god damn red on it you hacks.

Top tier taste already.

The only gripe I could ever give the CW costumes are that they make them from leather. I don't care what the excuse was for the initial suit. At this point none of the suits should be made with leather. Especially not a fucking speedster's suit.

This suit however is indeed abysmal and an utter mess of color mixing. There's not flow. It's just like they got a fashion designer to make something out of plastic and chainlink then paired them with a lazy cape designer the last minute.

SUPPOSEDLY this is supposed to be the Flash making a costume from salvaged parts from a crashed space shuttle to give him a heat resistant suit. THat'd be cool, except this is the suit given for promotional material and looks like ass.

They could've at least have found a way to get that armor plating on there without literally tying it down.

What do youguys think about the Flash costume from the 90's TV series?

And really, I can't really see Flash with armor plating.

A lot of the blame comes from the "reinventing the wheel" mentality a lot of film people seem to have, especially when they know that they aren't doing accurate adaptations anyway, so fuck restraint. Though other restrictions probably factor into it as well. I imagine that a lot for actors and stunt men want to be as comfortable as possible if they're going to be shooting scenes in plastic armor/latex for several hours a day

that thing was great, looked like the comics. More practical than modern movie costumes, notice he can turn his neck.

Do these fuckers even read the comics? The Flash doesn't need a heat resistant suit. The Flash doesn't "run fast", he's propelled by the SPEED FORCE. Things like friction and air-resistance don't effect him.

The whole thing about him needing a protective suit sounds like some fucking autist trying to make shit "realistic" when writing a fucking superhero film.

Again, it's the CGI. Bright colors would only highlight how fake the animation is.

You'll probably retract that when I say that Batman Forever also had some nice costume design as well.

It's a step in the right direction, but it looks like a uncomfortable rubber suit.

Hollywood execs don't read comics, especially Warner. They just hand the IP so some idiot as say "make a movie", then act shocked when it's hot garbage.

The color fade was to demonstrate just how bad the black/grey parts of the suit are. I took a color selection from the suit, tossed it on a layer and used it as soft lighting. It took me less time to do that then it did to launch gimp. And, though it's just my opinion, it looks infinitely better than this promotional material from a hollywood costume department.

Obligatory
Which one is the best?

I'd said Bale's one because the first one has a potato face.

It's amazing how a CW show can be better than this, too bad about all the niggers though.

I'll give you the Riddler green suit is nice at least.

I hate to but I have to give it to Bale. He can move around in that. Unlike the others.

While the kid in me says the 89 Batsuit…the older me says the Dark Knight costume. The cape isn't too intrusive, the guy can turn his neck for once..all it's missing is the white eyes thing that the comic version almost always have.

The first one. It's simple design that isn't afraid to use some color (though the Returns suit is a bit better).

However, all of them beg one important question: How the fuck does Batman use the bathroom?

That suit is great. Just has the batman issue of neck resistance and the material could be better.

I would never break the law

Those padded muscles ruin an otherwise great looking costume.

Design wise it does have the most flair, with Nolan's coming second.

I'll be 'that guy' and say that none of them are perfect til he wears those fuckin' underoos

I think they only reason they haven't done pure white is because they can't figure out to make it look right on a realistic human.

Or, another way to look at it, no one has ever tried making a batman movie where pure white could be stylish and cool.

For visual reference, this is what the guys who made the Nightwing web series did for his mask

I guess sphincter control is part of Bruce's training? Or the Batmobile seat is also doubles as a toilet seat.

Could just do the Deadpool thing with CGI white eyes.

This was the close Nolan could get with the white eyes. I looked better when Batman used the Detective Mode in Arkham Knight while using the Dark Knight skin

It would look weird with the human face.

That's the whole point. It's supposed to all look out there and y'know LIKE A COMIC BOOK!

We need to go back to simple spandex onsies that don't have a million ridges. The only reason I can't hate deadpool's design in the new movies is it is simple and sweet: Full body suit with simple colors and simple patterns or motifs. Deadpool has black and red, that's it. Toby Maguire's spiderman costumes were just that, and the most complex part of them was the black webbing all along the surface of it, but guess what? That's what it had in the old cartoons and the comics.
The only thing about that is spiderman had a great costume in that, but Green Goblin suffered slightly from looking too mechanized and over designed. However, I didn't mind Green Goblin's design, it was actually pretty neat just looking at it, and it made sense because Osborne was making mech shit. Doc Ock had sensible design as well, since he was just a doctor who became a petty thief for tritium. He wore a trench coat and sunglasses because he wanted to not stand out. And then in the third movie venom and spiderman still have really simple designs that I didn't mind whatsoever.
The new spiderman also has a kinda simple design I guess, but it tries too hard to make it look interesting and design heavy that you have weird shit like the blue and red morphing into itself on his hands and the overall design being gross. The newest one hearkens back to the old show where he had web pits that he used to glide with, but it still has that weird geometric shapes in places they don't need to be look and the blue dividing up the red parts even though the red and blue created simple divisions in the old design. They keep trying to reinvent the wheel.

I have a much heavier appreaciation for those movies now with what Amazing and Homecoming tried to do and failed.

I like them for how cheesey they are even though they were all edgy as shit.

Changing up the designs might be there for another reason. Merchandising differentiation, sell the kids this year's (new looking) Spider-Man instead of being in the dust with "last year's."

All of these films are overproduced. At some point too much money becomes a liability, and that's been the case with many blockbusters over the years.

Bat-catheter and Bat-colostomy bag on batman's back and hidden under the cape.

As far as the applying science to superpowers things go, I'm actually OK with Flash needing a special suit if they use it as an excuse to give him his actual outfit. It's when they do it AND give him a stupid costume (like the new movie) that it's a problem

would make sense if they were making a legally distinct tarantula person, but it's fucking spiderman. Superhero toys have done something for a long time where their designs were all similar to the original, just with different amounts of posing and distinct addons like a bike or super canon. I think the same thing when I look at the new powerrangers; Why are there so many extra details, that's going to be hard for a manufacturer to produce, you're losing money with each new ridge that you put onto your toys. The thing that made bionicle so successful and that makes the newer hero factory so shit is simple design and simple parts that were wholely non-unique, but could be mixed around to look more unique just by moving some parts around.
With power rangers the way they made the old toys were they had two molds, one for the guys and one for the girls, and I'm pretty sure the pink and yellow rangers were still males on the show, so they saved even more by being accurate to the show and having 5 males with different colors and slightly different head shapes. With the new one all they needed to do was give them something that looks like the new superman suits with that weird material and just have it with a different color. They could have even themed them, put little dinosaur ridges on their bodies to represent their dinosaur; the Black ranger could get some weird bug shit, I don't even know what his zord was supposed to be, Pink ranger could get little wing shoulder pads, Red ranger gets a slight tail thing with godzuki spines up his back, blue ranger could get three horns on the back or even on his helmet, Yellow ranger could get Saber teeth over the sides of her mask, you know, all the shit they did with the OLD power rangers to make them slightly distinct, the thing that Sentai and every other japanese super hero does; they are a spandex body suit with a special mask and armor that only slightly covers the body and is just to break up design rather than overdesign.

As shit as literally everything else about the movie was, BvS had a really good batsuit. I really like the grey body suit instead of the solid black Bats has been stuck in since Burton. The JL suit seems like a step back into what Nolan was trying to do instead of adapting the comic costume to the screen like BvS did with its design.

They were doing so well with trying to make Batman look at least kinda comic accurate again. But now he's just another tacticool Nolan type Batman.

The Nite Owl suit had underwear over it, it was pretty downplayed. I wonder if they could pull of something similar with Batman.

trying to find a shot of the lanklet bale batman where doesn't just stand there looking gawky and awkward is like fucking pulling teeth

burton suit had a good design going, but it looked kind of cheap, and keaton was a manlet.

BvsS looked great here but kinda shit in the actual movie

I remember that Snyder put nipples into the (((Ozymandias))) suit.

Jesus fuck, how's he supposed to get into that in a timely manner when some supervillain decides to rob a bank and will be gone in 5 minutes?

Just realized something. They could do a AU arc movie and just use the Nite Owl suit for Owlman but change the colors to blue and steel.

Suit on the picture looks like a hybrid of Burton's with one from Arkham games. And Arkham City/Arkaham Asylums is probably the best adaptation outside of comics and cartoons.

How about a suit that's simple and makes sense, not a bunch of incoherent plates and wires strapped together like a prepubescent edgelord's first "mature" design.

Thats not what bat-ears look like

The latest costume is the best looking one.

uh… zach…

good god, it looks as if it was designed by Square

Saying this as a guy who only popped in because the other boards are slow, having never read comics, but:

I think it looks fine. Your aesthetics probably differ a whole lot from the mainstream, is all.

Well, people want more of

and less of

Superhero costumes are easy as fuck to get down, if you just go based on existing aesthetics.

The one in the OP looks fucking hideous though, and I've never read capeshit. This applies to almost all the shitty superhero movies I keep seeing being made. They try to make them """realistic""" to appeal to normalfags that want superheroes, but don't want the unrealistic and inherently silly aspects that come with it. The result is costumes that are fucking ugly and stand out like sore thumbs. Compare to , for example. They look silly but because they don't try to pretend that it's grimdark and cool, the result is that they fit in.

The kikes now want to make things just grimdark enough for normalfags to accept it, but still stick to the old costumes as a base and it just looks bad.

The one good thing I can say about the Amazing Spiderman costume is that with the hands it kind of reminded me of Ben Reily's costume. Otherwise the Toby Maguire one is my favorite.

That outfit reminds me of Nightowl in

fuck off

Because of the goggles maybe but they're very different otherwise.

What's up with Steel? Did they not get the licensing to use the 'S' and red cape or something?

Cap's first costume is just perfect and nails the look for the time. Strange has a great suit despite the movie being wasted potential. Thor is kind of the same. They could've at least put him in his helmet for more than the throne room scene in the first.

Using science on a speedster creates more problems than it solves. For example, why isn't Barry's brain reduced to jelly due to the incredible G-Forces of moving at such a speed? What about his organs? If he needs a heat-resistant suit, wouldn't that mean that air-resistance is enough to cook him alive, regardless of any protection? The acknowledgement validates a whole range of pop-culture criticism of superheroes and provides them with even more to criticize than if they had never acknowledged it at all.

As for the excuse, fuck it. It's a superhero movie. Barry got powers and said "I'm going to use my powers to help people like my hero The Flash!" So he dons a bright red costume with lightening bolts and runs around saving the world.

Exactly. Sometimes you don't have to apply real world logic to something. Especially not heroes. Most of the time. Very very few times should a hero be looked at realistically. Usually if they don't have powers. Now with Flash you just have to say 'speedforce' and almost anything he does is forgiven.

wut

The whole heat resistance thing is thrown out the window anyway since he stops a robber in BvS without his suit

And while looking like a gay hobo.

"Realism" is a crutch for people who can't write character. They focus on logic and reason because their understanding of emotion is minimal at best.

I hope this Michael Bay Transformers aesthetic of gluing metal plates and wires on to mesh dies off real fucking soon.

Justice League and Transformers 5 will have to bomb hard for that to happen. They most assuredly won't. Normalfags love them and will watch them purely for action or to see how bad they are. The curse will not be broken anytime soon.

look at him
it's fucking embarassing

except those are even sillier than the comics

The biggest problem with the suit in the OP is that it's got too many color variations and materials competing for attention. The high detail level on the plating wouldn't look nearly as bad if it was mostly uniform in color and texture, with variation reserved for a few key accents.

I don't mind cape costumes having some texture to them in principle, but in execution it's almost never handled with sufficient subtlety. I think the hex-mesh texture on Spidey would look fine if it was subtle enough that it only really showed up when you got the camera close in on the character.

It's kind of the same deal with the batsuit in . I love the overall shaping and color blocking, but the texture just comes through way too strongly and disrupts the shape and detail engineered into the suit.

I never said science should be applied to superpowers, but using "science" to require they wear a costume is far superior to the other movie trend of not having characters wear costumes.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 has the best spidey costume in film. While the Rami version is good this one had bolder colors and better eyes. Too bad the rest of the movie fucking sucks.

Get the fuck off my board you casual piece of shit.

Maybe he's referring to the original Detective Comics look where he wore purple gloves.

You can almost hear the printers screaming at Jerry Robinson to stop wasting ink on Bat-blot.

Wasn't the blue color a limitation from that time? I mean look at Dick's hair in that picture. It's blue but it's meant to be black.

This. Blue is/was frequently used to apply highlights on things that are supposed to be black, because it lets you communicate the shape and shading while retaining vibrancy.

Yep Snyder use (((Ozymandias))) to parody Schneider suits

Maybe, but they're still on the same level of not taking itself completely seriously. These movies want to have their cake and eat it too, by trying to be the normalfag definition of cool despite being about people in silly costumes with nonsense powers.

Yeah, I was gonna say this too. Inking black and having a color as a highlight is usually the best way to give something a sheen.

Oh God that reminds me so much of Cyborg. I liked the design he had in the Teen Titans cartoon because it showed some of his flesh but some of the machinery too. That and it reminded me a bit of Kikaida.

That is the costume from the rami films though, unless they just straight up stole the design after they realized theirs was a shit.

Get the fuck out of here

Gonna need a source on that.

source

Another source is that black ink fucking costs money you shit, a lot more than single colors, and it increases the weight of the paper because of ink saturation

It's not a source you fucking retard.

No if it were designed by Square then his cape would also be made entirely out of belts.

Isn't that why Beast and Nightcrawler are blue? I've heard more than once that they were both supposed to be black, and that the blue fur wasn't so much an editorial decision as a limitation of the four-colour printing as regards making things look black. Like how the Hulk was grey to begin with, but grey is hard to pull off in four-colour, so it was changed to green.

That's what they did.

I just recently learned about this; they wrote it off as being green hulk is the stronger personality so that's why he started becoming green rather than gray.

Damn he looked pretty fucking inhuman during the first half year.

Where the fuck are you getting this information? Are you thinking that printers actually printed cyan, magenta, and yellow together to create black? They just use black ink. That's why it's called CMYK. Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and fucking KEY which is BLACK.

Holy fuck you're a stupid nigger. Jesus Christ.

Explain yourself further

When printing color, all images are made of a composite of CMYK. Those are the base colors used, and any colors other than that are made from a mixture of the others

In the printing process, the only colors used are cyan, magenta, and yellow. These colors are made into tiny dots called "halftones" and printed as layers on top of one another. The number of dots per color changes what color is produced. This is how nearly all printed media is created, from comics in the forties to modern magazines.

Now, with the CMYK method, you could combine cyan, magenta, and yellow together to create black, but the black produced is of poor quality and negatively effects the print. So printers simply use black ink, which is cheaper and produces better results. In CMYK, black is K, which means KEY, as the black layer is what all the other color plates are aligned with.

The black layer can also be halftoned like the previous colors to create grays. It's most often used in manga to allow for cheaper printing.

No it didn't, the newest one is the best.

I thought I remember reading the wires were there to spread the electricity/speedforce/whatever around, not tie the whole thing together.

That's still stupid and makes no sense. The Speedforce doesn't and shouldn't work that way.

So Flash made a suit that spreads lethal doses of electricity outwards?

Not exactly safe for anyone in his immediate vicinity, but I'll grant this is speculation.

The thing is that no matter how you try to explain it with science, the thing is that flash and every other super hero is made to mostly defy science. The only time science came into play for super heroes was for Jojo's Bizarre adventure, and with that they have it set up so stands preform large scale school projects to defeat an enemy. Usually though, science just muddles the powers of a hero and makes them have dumber explanations than, "This is just how he works."

I'd make them look like they do in the fucking comic.

It's not rocket science and yet Kikewood fucks it up time and time again trying to 'adapt' it so it's easier for normalfags to digest and stomp out all the flavor of the original material.

At the very least, I think the best compromise would be to only remove shit if you absolutely have to, and even then, try and preserve the original look.

For example, you look at Hack Snyder's Superman and he stomped out almost everything that made Superman what he is. Best way to have done that is literally how the comics do Supes today. A belt that does what the briefs did for the most part while keeping to the original color scheme.

Speaking of color. COLOR. Faggots need to understand that desaturating shit only serves to rob the heroes of their image and make them all look the same.

Without defending Snyder, He said in an interview that he wanted supes to retain the red briefs, but everybody around him wanted a "modernized" Superman
archive.is/kQupc

I think this was the big thing I was thinking of; I actually liked the new superman and batman costumes kinda, but I couldn't place why I disliked them particularly. It's the fucking color being sucked out of the film, it's unbearable.

What's so hard about putting supers in a leotard or a body stocking? Why do they think the public wouldn't accept that? After all people don't demand that Olympic athletes wear latex gimpsuits.

It's that simple.

They should stop dancing around the underoos issue and just fucking commit

You're stupid superhero movie isn't suddenly serious because your blue latex wearing robot in a cape isn't wearing shorts on his uniform. Hell, same goes for DC as a whole. No one's ever gonna remember 'red belt' Superman, so they should stop trying to reinvent the wheel with him.

On the plus side, I'm glad they dropped the collar.

My hero academia, while being incredibly japanese, has an interesting take on western style costuming. while the costumes are over the top they also keep a mind to practicablity. It's interesting to watch the first years design over the top costume then as the series progresses they drop useless or inhibiting parts of their design as they grow as characters.

The show even jokes about the character wearing their silver age costume at one point

CYMK as a combined process wasn't fully developed until the 50s. I'm not entirely sure about the specifics of how National Comics did it, but usually you'd do a CYM run then do a black overlay. This meant the black run was a second process similar to a screen print, hence why blue became common because you couldn't halftone black yet. I guess that later, blue just became part of the visual language and the reader goes "Ah, light black" or comic companies were too cheap to upgrade until the 70s.

Kill yourself. Unironically kill yourself, you worthless Disney bitch.

I'm kind of surprised how detailed that suit was. Never noticed the skull designs etched into his costume.

I just explained that black was the plate they used to align cyan magenta and yellow so the printing wouldn't be off. It was part of the off-set lithographic printing process.

Halftoning black has been perfected since the 1880s, but it was used mostly for photographs since it was done while the photograph was exposed. If the artist wanted to use a half-tone, they could've used a commercially available screen-tone, such as Zip-A-Tone, but they were first available in 1937 and most comic artists didn't really have the money to waste on that.

However, all this shit is irrelevant. Here are two pages from early Batman, the first being his first appearance in Detective Comics 27, and second from the first appearance of Robin in Detective Comics 38. They have the same amount of black, with DC 38 possibly having more (note: the black in these issues is poor not because they used CMY to make black but that these scans are of comics that are older than balls). The cost of black ink wasn't an issue.

Batman became blue because the artists wanted him to be blue. They weren't talentless hacks like Bob Kane. They knew that a character wearing all black against a black background would look like shit, so they made Batman blue so the readers could fucking see him.

So, in conclusion, shut the fuck up you walking potato.

P.S. CMYK has been used in printing since 1906. I have no fucking clue where you're getting the 1950s from.

Is serious that Zack Snider Flash has Freddy Krugger powers?

One of the details I really like about MHA is that they have costume makers and technicians as part of the hero organization. They make sure the costumes fit the persona of the hero and also outfit them with gear and gadgets that allow them to make the most of their abilities, above and beyond what they could do normally.

Not only that, but they make good use of the gym clothes to give them a secondary, team based design.

My only complaint about MHA is the ambivalence towards secret identities. The entire tournament arc had me wondering "Why aren't criminals going after these kids families?".

The criminals themselves don't wanna waste time or make themselves bigger targets like that. They want the bigger fish. The strongest want the absolute biggest fish that is All Might.

80% of the population has a superpower and super hero is a booming industry. many of these kids come from superhero families. Also, these are just students, they haven't really pissed anyone off that way.

Also they have the worlds top heroes as teachers. it seems like a monumentally stupid idea to go after someone's family, as that'd kill your rep, make every other criminal avoid you like the plague because of the huge target on you, and basically end your supervillain career

Kinda makes me wonder about the MHA version of ISIS though.

Hey remember when Dr Strange's hands were damaged beyond repair and he had to wear gloves at all times?

Guess the studio thought having Cumbercunt wear gloves were offend people.

Heroes design their own costumes, they just get people with technical knowhow to make their ideas work. They are also not required at any point in time to talk to the techies for their costumes, it's made explicitly clear that it's up to the student's own wishes to go ask for help with their costume.

If you read the manga up to where it currently is, it's made explicitly clear that "Supervillains" don't exist in the universe yet. Heroes in MHA are basically an extension of the police force, and police don't need secret identities.

to be fair he does wear gloves at the end.

At least the rest of his costume is acceptable.

Because they Fetishized Tacticool and urban clothes.

Also when they tried to make comic bookey costumes, they make them bad on purpose so they can have an excuse and say "see kids, spandex looks ridiculous", it doesn't work.

That's why i prefer tokusatsu

I don't know of Cucumberpatch is really the best actor they could have picked, and the writing for the Doctor Strange movie was a little spotty, but he does capture the look of the character well enough.

Why issue is that they "Tony Stark'd" him. Strange is supposed to start out a completely worhtless piece of shit, and end up a pretty great guy. Instead they made him an asshole who's rather charming.

That's because you got to see his hands twitching all movie.

That's the same thing I was thinking when I looked up that picture. I didn't remember it from when I watched the movie.

In some cases, like Bakugo, the designs were super simplistic or nothing more than a vague idea like "I want it to be badass" and it was the work of the costume technicians to make additional things that would be useful to him, like storable grenades that contain his explosive sweat.

It's not mandatory and it's not entirely done for them, that much is true, but the costumes techs exist for good reason and it's a neat aspect of the setting.

No u, sonyfag

Funny you mention Tony Stark since before the MCU began a lot of fans felt Robert Downey Jr. would make a good Dr Strange.

oh lawdy

I kinda want to rub that costume

And it looks like shit.
Batman looks like a stocky undisciplined piece of shit and those eyebrows are ridiculous

I don't know why they don't just use that design.
They'll rake in the normalfags that only know him from the cartoon
Plus, it's clear they can't actually design any better

now he just needs to talk like he's from the 20s on a radio show.
"You stop that right now zod, you're very rude and a scoundrel."

Now see that's not too bad, but I don't like the lines, the collar, or the difference in tone between the torso and the lower body.

Superman's suit works best with simplicity.

Now if only they hadn't sucked all the color out in post production.

crappy edit but like this?

I don't know shit about printing, but putting something on something else objectively increases its weight.

Yeah basically that is pretty much ideal, looks exactly how I would do it in the movie version.

This one is pretty good too.

Incidentally, I like the two-tone suit on the other one, it makes it look more like super-clothes instead of just a costume. Like it's really a part of him, you know? But it's probably better suited for a more serious Superman, one who spends more time in his superhero suit than a civilian one.

That one's not bad either. It's basically his current costume except for the wrist parts.

Yeah, I mean the two-tone one wasn't bad, and I think you're on the money about it being more for a Superman that focuses more on his superhero identity than his civilian one.

I just personally always felt like a simple suit suited him more. He really is the kind of person to go around superhero'ing in a costume that looks like his mom made it.

Also while we are on the subject of shitty live action costumes, fuck Netflix Daredevil.

I hate this design, it screams "tacticool" and it looks fucking retarded.

Once more, all the color's sucked out, the material isn't right for the costume, thinks too much of being practical over being good to look at, and the fucking head piece is just awful.

Knowing Marvel's Netflix choreography, lack thereof, and hiring choices, the fact it's so constraining on the actor probably doesn't matter. Even if it was made more flexible and comic like, I very much doubt the shit actor could do any flips or stunts you'd expect from Daredevil.

why does he look like a nigger

I mean as shit as it is, at least they fucking tried with Daredevil, they couldn't be assed to make a costume for Iron Fist, so he runs around looking like a homeless hobo throughout the entire series and there is no hint of him making a costume for the Defenders series.

He doesn't even get a fucking haircut. It's just insulting how lazy they are.

wha?

You say that like it's a bad thing :^)

You best be playing, nigger.

Like SuperGrill Supes?

Zack's Flash can control other people dreams

This can't be real.

Slide suit for Injustice and Batman Arkhan is pure gold.

a lot of people like to rail on the crysis nanosuit, but I think it's pretty cool. It looks like a techno-muscled cyber-gorilla on steroids.

Bullshit….

I think I figured out Netflix Daredevil's true identity.

Get outta here, Pat.

yeah whatever, MoS was better

His ears look more like a bat's ears in this, and I like this one better.

It looks shitty either way, so who cares?
The point is he was originally black.

The cape is pretty sick too.
I think they had something going with that design.
Of course, he originally drove around in a normal car instead of a batmobile, so he wasn't all stylish

Yeah, a Superman that's somewhere between the regular one and the "tyrannical overlord" one

This costume makes no sense to me

wat

either make it fully grimdark or make it colorful don't half-ass it you bipolar fucks

Red underwear, mesh fabric, the belt, the exact color tone, the exact shape of the S: these are all autistic nitpicks.

But the raised logo… why? Ever? Just going for that Mexican bootleg Halloween costume look?

It's a shield bruh

Was this before he got a new helmet after Punisher shot him in the head? I kind of liked the helmet he got after that. Would you guys say the costume from the Daredevil movie was better?

I felt the Injustice one was too overdesigned. Though that maybe because I don't like giant shoulder pads. I do like the Arkham one though.

Did they do the leather texture look in Injustice 2?

+2 gay

Actually nah, it makes it seem more alien instead of just being a result of bad and old fashion choice. He'll I think they should have stuck with the kryptonian armor Jor-El and Zod had during the Krypton civil war. Hack fucked MoS but the costumes weren't why. It's because they killed Jonathan and casted a retarded lex I'm bvs.

i dunno mang