ITT Light in a Dark Age

ITT Light in a Dark Age.

Literally the only good cartoon on CN right now.

Post season 3 is a mistake.
not seen the newest reboot.
Mediocre majority of the time.
From the episodes i have seen, its actually pretty good.
I have hopes after Mickey Mouse but have not seen any of it.

I'd say it's a little match more than a light.

Of all the shit posted in the thread, only the newest Mickey Mouse toons are actually decent.

Decent for sure. But man are designs like Goofy horrifying to look that.

I suppose this thread needs at least one correct answer.

That'd be right if the animation frames weren't so choppy. And if CN wasn't trying to dim it's tiny light for no real reason.

Because only in Darkness do we worship depravity.

If there is no light, they can prop up Steven Universe as great cultural accomplishments.

Deep….

Animation isn't that bad, and CN won't be able to stop it completely, as DC owns it fully so they can just air it on Netflix or their own CDN.

Not horrible but it is very obvious and jarring.

I hate the retarded blob father trope

Good to know.

lol no

I don't really get what's wrong with most of these. The third is probably the worst offender and even then they're parodying modern youtube sensationalism, which they do regularly, or do you mean the reference to video games? Which they also do regularly and usually better than that.

Cherrypicking the worst isn't really a good example of the show. Episodes like The Wicked Ms Robinson, The Origin, or basically any episodes in the first two seasons. You didn't even get the episode where they paraodied anonymous for like 5 seconds complete with an "I am Legion" quote and a Guy Fawkes mask in season 4. Probably the lowest point in the series and even then it was pretty funny.

I will agree that Gumball is probably the only cartoon right now that rivals the classics in terms of quality and writing, the problem is that Gumball and his fish are pretty much unlikeable cunts or are portrayed as too dumb even by usual cartoon standards. It would work better if at least one of them was actually remotely intelligent, but that role is reduced to the barely major sister who is the super intelligent baby brat who is somehow in high school. Basically, it would work better if one was the comic relief and the other the straight man, instead of both being the comic relief. Because of this, I tend to enjoy episodes that focus on their other friends or the background characters more. But otherwise, the show is still better than anything else in animation right now.

Teen Titans Go shits all over it

…This place really has become Redwood/co/ 2.0 hasn't it?

This is referenced in the show several times. Just watch any episode with Alan as a major character. Darwin isn't unlikeable he's just cute/dumb most of the time.

I disagree, then it's just be another formulaic sitcom cartoon like Star or Gravity Falls and it'd just be boring. With both of them the way they are it leads to the ridiculous scenarios and interesting takes on the "lessons" without missing the message. Plus there is other ways for them to be each other's foil.

The references are tasteful at least and not in your face most of the time.

One of my omege favorite Anime

paused it at the right moment

the writing for the amazing world of gumball is genius.

it does a lot of things right on a lot of different levels. even if a particular episode isn't as good as the best ones, it's usually entertaining to watch nonetheless.