Clooney and Moore wade in to Confederacy relic debate

Venice (AFP) - Hollywood stars George Clooney and Julianne Moore on Saturday weighed in on the debate raging in the United States over statues and other symbols of the pro-slavery side in the American Civil War. The pair spoke out on the issue at the Venice film festival, where they are promoting Clooney's "Suburbicon", a drama that deals with segregation in 1950s America and stars Moore. They said they backed moves such as a ban on the Confederate flag being hung on public buildings and the rebranding of schools named for heroes of the losing side in the 1861-65 Civil War.

- Clooney the rebel -

Clooney revealed that he had always opted to be on the rebel side when taking part in Civil War re-enactments while he was growing up in Kentucky.

Americans are deeply divided on the issue. Those who want such statues removed say they amount to a celebration of individuals who supported slavery and are a focal point for a new generation of white supremacists.Others argue they should stay in place, either because they see the figures commemorated as part of their cultural heritage or because they feel the fact they were put up in the first place reflects US history as it was lived. The movement to remove Confederate symbols has been energised by the recent death in Charlottesville, Virginia of a woman who was hit by car driven by a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi.

Kill yourself

Why do Hollywood people keep calling blacks "African-American"?

I'm glad there are rich, famous liberal actors around to tell me how to think.
I'm Britbong, so I wasn't too involved in this issue until I saw an article about tearing down Nelson's column in London. That made me fucking mad.

Going in, I thought they were going to do this. Joke's on me for thinking journalists have integrity.

as long ast there is a single nazi confederate kkk monument in our country we will be deeply divided, we cannot allow hate speech becuase it is not free speech

Sage politisperg threads.
Ignore politisperg posters.
Don't bother reporting them because the mods don't have any problem with this unfunny turbosperg shitting up the board.

Whatever. Have a bump.

Laughable

Who cares what celebrities think? Lmaooo

Same goes for Politicians like Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi, who cares? Why do you? Are you a cuck?

Reminder not to take this autistic faggots bait. If the mods won't delete his threads then just leave him to talk to himself in them.

I sure am glad they are not hypocrites who live in heavily policed and secured gated communities so as to keep "undesireable"nudge nudge wink wink mums the word away. Cause then it might seem they are segregating themselves.

how do people eat this shit up? the civil war was much more complex than pro or anti slavery and the actuality of slave treatment and numbers both in the north and south is highly misrepresented.
what do they teach americans in school about their own history?

I thought black people were supposed to be dumb

dumb people are dumb, whether or not what race they are. clooney is a prime example of a moron and hes white. it is ignorant to make sweeping generalizations

Who would want to be associated with the flag of a group too stupid to realize that they were beaten before the first shot was fired?

The civil war was about slavery lmaooo.

But that's what we have now though?

We dont have slaves anymore.

We don't?

I'll give you the rundown
That's pretty much what they taught when I was in public school. I can only imagine how much more retarded it is nowadays.
I didn't learn about France's involvement in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the clusterfuck that was the buildup to WW1, the aftermath of WW1 and the clusterfuck that lead to Hitler gaining power, any other country's involvement in WW2 (with Russia being a particularly large factor being left out almost entirely), and literally anything post WW2 until after I graduated high school and started reading up about this shit on my own time.
American education is ridiculously shit, every stereotype about what they teach (or don't teach) in our schools is probably true.

What else is new?

Jesus. I'm glad my family wasn't poor and I didn't go to public school.

I didn't even know about this until you posted it. Who fucking cares, faggot.

Yeah it probably saved you a lot of figuring out actual history later on.

Most people in VA don't give a shit either way from what I've seen.
Most of the niggers probably didn't even pay the slightest bit of attention to the monuments until that WHITE college kid in Charlottesville decided to start stirring shit up.
I'm not entirely sure they even care now, aside from the BLM fucks most of them seem to just meander about high/drunk as fuck.

I'm talking about this article relating to George Clooney. I don't care about what he thinks or what political stance he takes.

When it comes to the statues, I think they shouldn't be torn down. Communist fags want to tear down the statues so that they can erase history.

Well if it helps hurricane Harvey seems to have distracted everyone including antifaggots from the monuments.
Clooney and Moore are irrelevant now, so I doubt many are even paying attention to what they have to say.

Brought to you by the same kind of people who are cool with 6 year old girls seeing orgies at pride parades.

There is nothing wrong with prime breeding age females at orgies.

Cunny is cunny. No matter the setting.

what the fuck are you/ we even talking about anymore

Breeding, which is a whole lot more entertaining than "hey guise this celebrity did a bad bad politics badwrong thing politics drupfydroodiddlypoo got btfo"

Stay salty, Holla Forums

Either way, it's no surprise they think that way. They've always been insufferably liberal.

No, I'm just tired of shitty politics threads.
They're ridiculously predictable and aren't fun anymore. I don't know how you can still find any entertainment in seeing the same stale shit thrown around, at least try something new you fucking retarded cucks.

Cunny, dumbass.

As a Mississippifag, I'm really starting to feel like we're next on the chopping block for historical revision. Every once in a while I'll hear some little snippet on a talk radio show about some uppity bitch in Jackson wanting to take down our state flag again.
WE VOTED TO KEEP THE FLAG IN 2001 GOD DAMNIT
This shit is getting ri-god damn-diculous.

We lost. We all know it. It's not fucking about that. It's about remembering the men who fought, whether by conscription or by choice, in a nasty, bloody conflict that claimed hundreds of thousands of souls. Win or lose, they deserve to be remembered.

Shut the fuck up hillbilly. Your sorry ass ancestors don't deserve shit.

Wow this is the first time ever I've seen a rich Hollywood actor talk about taxes and taxpayers.

It's what marxists, trotskists, jews and in general useful idiots do. They want to tear down the national heritage, the symbols that represent you as a people, because they symbolize history. To tear them down is to tear down your culture and history. That's how they then end up destroying you as a country. Jews especially. They don't feel part of your country, and instead of accepting that they live here, that they should integrate, they decide to be separate. But their inferiority complex denies them the feeling of safety until they have torn down the country they live in. Now, they have won, why the fuck don't they go to Israel? It's like they're genetically incapable of feeling part of their nation or something. Sickening.

These cunts are forgetting something.

The Confederacy and the Civil War, for good or ill, is part of American History. It happened. There's no way to hide that fact. By destroying monuments, paintings and other acts of desecration - whether or not it portrays the Confederates in a good light or bad - , the leftist scum are willfully trying to revise history and cover it up like nothing happened.

They are therefore, shooting themselves in the foot since future generations of leftists won't even know or understand what was being fought over and why. When you remove the slavemasters, why were there slaves in the first place?

t. right wing useful idiot

Thankfully there will be no white people in the future so it won't matter.

Of course however, no money would be going to the statue (unless it was just placed and it isn't a private contribution), but would be going to something like the park the statue is in.

Then there wouldn't be people left anyway, so none of it would matter. Unless cockroaches or some random creature becomes smart and finds the wreckage of our civilization

That manga sucked.

What about breeding though? What?

Yes we do, and it's constitutionally legal. And we also have another amendment awaiting ratification to prevent congress from outlawing it any further via an amendment. :'^)

Going to prison for breaking the law isn't slavery, nigger./

Breeding prime six year old cunny.

But it is perfectly legal to hold that prisoner as a slave as punishment for whatever crime was committed. :')

Feels good tbh

The Clint Eastwood NRA crowd thinks he's a faggot. I don't know why he tries so hard.

What is the 13th amendment?

That's not what happens