The Prisoner

DEM BONES DEM BONES DEM DRY BONES

The original mystery box trash

IT'S SHIT IT'S SHIT IT'S HUGE SHIT

YOU WILL NEVER GET A REAL ENDING, IT WAS ALL AN ELABORATE RUSE

purest telekino of all time

Loved the Prisoner. Leo Mckern was far and away the best number two.

have you heard the stories of what happened during/after they filmed his bits for episode 16 & 17?

Did anyone like the AMC 6 episode remake of The Prisoner?

absolute trash

"Yesss… but we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves… attack."

Reminder, watch only the following episodes in this order:
1. Arrival
2. Free For All
3. Dance of the Dead
4. Checkmate
5. The Chimes of Big Ben
6. Once Upon a Time
7. Fallout
Everything else is filler they were forced to make because the network didn't want to make a show that had only seven episodes. Especially avoid the episodes "Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling", "Living in Harmony", and "The Girl Who Was Death" at all costs.

it's a bad show, especially by 60's standards. No idea why it has such a pristine reputation while Star Trek and Twilight Zone are considered low-brow.

Yeah, Leo had a heart attack after the episode right? It was pretty fucking intensive from what I remember of the scene, looks like he keeled over on camera towards the end there.

dunno if this is your order or not, have seen free for all in spot 2 elsewhere too, but doesn't make sense as episode 2 of the series.

i mean, chimes of big ben as ep.2 makes more sense to me. also, light episode theme-wise, but many happy returns is brety gud for a filler /stunt episode. A B and C is better than once upon a time as well for me.

yeah, dude straight up had a full blown haircut between episodes, fucken legend

Full on mental breakdown, he locked himself in his room for 3 days and would only talk to his doctor.

The funk version of the soundtrack is really phat.

audio kino

hardly recognize the theme there. but love the soundtrack of the series, great selection of library music

They could have made the twist into something creative and unique, like the Village being a last-ditch effort to preserve mankind and create a utopia via an unstable reality bender (Number Two's wife) after a nuclear war. But instead, the Village was some sort of deeper level of the human psyche, which eliminated the impact of all the clues that Number 6 was discovering and making it one of those "it was all really a dream" stories.

What's wrong with you? It's one of my favorites since it shows 6 turning the game around on 2. Also it contained more scenes from the most kino sport to ever exist
I know this is from the wrong episode but it's the only clip I could find

actually i think they used the same shot material for both episodes

=A U D I O=
=U=
=D=
=I=
=O=

S H I T

i wonder if mcgoohan ever wanted to name (((them))) (or show (((them)))) in a subtle way in the finale but got cold feet at the last minute. if you look at the scene of n6 meeting n1 in the control room, up until the point that it is revealed that n1 has the same face as n6, there would be a lot of way to interpret that. also the underground ceremony show a bunch of masked unelected officials. mcgoohan was anti-progressive and pretty redpilled, up to which point, I'm not sure.

Don't forget, at the very end of the episode, when Number 6 is returning to his home, the door has a big number 1 on it.

and it opens on its own, like the doors in the village

BE SEEING YOU

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK

We will.

GUIZE THE WHOLE WORLD IS THE VILLAGE

CHUCKY STICK PEE PEE CLUMPY POO POO CACA WEE WEE

But for real though, the entire show is about systems of control, and the village is a metaphor / symbolic representation of the world - with crypto-Illuminati in control. That's why the question "Who's side are you on" is so meaningless.

Of course, the standard interpretation is that the show is a metaphor for McGoohan's battle with the BBC programmers who wanted another tepid spy show.

It actually kind of is, user.

Shitting up politics threads or whatever is cool and all but can you not faggot around in the very few decent threads that happen along?