SuperMan did nothing wrong

SuperMan did nothing wrong.

Billy Batson.

He Lost.

did you just assume his gender???
his new pronouns are

You're right

Regime Superman is a horribly written character. You could sympathize with him given all the tragedy that happened, but he goes evil way too fast. For instance, the very first thing he decides to do after killing Joker was decide to end all conflict on Earth. Fair enough, I can see that would be his prerogative. But then not too soon in Issue #14 to show us that he is evil, he tries to stop a protest being done against him in Australia - at the end of fuckwhere far away from where he usually operates. Why the fuck would he give a shit about a minor thing like this when there is more important things to do like defusing the Syrian Civil War or the conflict in the Middle East? It would make sense if stuff like this happened late into his Regime tenure after he had secured peace in the world.

The dubs are right. You see this a lot these days. The writers will have an antagonist. They realize that a rational person might sympathize with the antagonist's position or even agree with them. So they have the antagonist do something pointlessly evil to make it clear to the audience that this is the BAD GUY. It can sometimes work but I find that usually the motivation for the evil deed doesn't necessarily follow from the characters stated "evil" philosophy. Really takes me out of the story.

Im still kinda mad at how they ruined Injustice with the sequel they took a good story and did the usual cape shit fuckery with it

I feel you, user. We could have had the story be about how the regime's downfall created a huge power vacuum. How it wouldn't have just been Batman and The Society looking for control (the Society gets fucked fast when obviously it turns out Grodd was working for Brainiac). We could have had Captain Cold assemble a new Rogues group to take control, Waller enlist a new Suicide Squad to take control representing the old US Government.

But no we needed another invasion story for the 50th time.

The sad part about that is that a good villain should be understandable and by making them an orphan stabber it just ruins things.

For example, how triggered does everyone get when the mob boss/tough guy leader kills an underling for bringing bad information or just to prove how bad he is?

I only think it was done well one time. Cottonmouth from the neftlix Luke Cage. In which one underling was killed for going against orders, shooting up a place known to be neutral ground and killing someone he liked. Later another one is shot after he's been pushed to the brink and stands directly as a major contributor in people turning against him and getting rid of him.

It's a distinction that should get plastered all over tvtropes because that's the only source of writing guidelines these hacks ever use, people don't generally do bad things just to be bad, they'll do it because something stands in the way of a goal.

And sometimes that does lead to a villain with a motivation that a reader agrees with. But it isn't like the reader is a stand in for the heroes morality. As long as the conflict makes sense between the protagonist and antagonist then its fine.

Fuck that would have been brilliant. The story was rushed as fuck and also too short. MK9 had 17 chapters I think, while this one only has 12 chapters. Every game after MK9 had a shorter story mode and it should have been longer. Some can say that is too much effort for a fighting game, but given they went through the problem of allowing different characters to play during story mode and having two distinct endings, they should have put more.

The main stupid thing about this story is how they always have to make dumb excuses or reasons why other characters aren't around during the fight.

By all means, Firestorm technically could have solved the entire problem with Brainiac in a matter of 5 minutes. But since he's a 'rookie' hero he needs to get jobbed repeatedly.

Superman should have nuked Gorilla City

To be fair though, its kinda justified in a meta sense why they can't have Firestorm take care of Brainiac himself in his arcade ending. He'd likely blow up the Skull Ship and doomed all the digitized cities that Brainiac stole.

Yeah but that happened part way into his invasion. It was Batman who thought it was more suitable to put him and Blue Beetle on guard duty than the frontlines. Now I thought it was stupid to have two rookies on guard duty of a very powerful criminal when it should have been a vet and rookie.

Firestorm would have been more help battling Brainiac's forces.

I know, I just want to ignore all of that and pretend like Supes' is finally not the hero the world deserves, but the hero the it needs.

I think Firestorm qualifies as a veteran himself since Professor Martin Stein is part of him… I dunno.

I think the only explanation why they'd need Firestorm guarding Superman is because he is able to generate Kryptonite radiation. Even if that ended up not working since Kara was able to fight off the exposure, that was the likely reason why he left them there.

What really frustrates me about Injustice is how we really don't get any perspective of what life's like for anyone living under the Regime. It could easily be a better world, and it probably would be, but the whole idea is treated as if it has no merit.

Batman gets treated as a saint who can do no wrong when he takes many questionable at best actions and Superman is cast as an irredeemable villain when he has a completely rational character motivation and good ideas about how to make it work. But that would mess with the narrative they want to tell, so they have Superman act like an evil stupid jackass who is always wrong when they depict him.

We actually see one issue I don't remember when where a kid laments how Superman lost his way and life isn't really that different from the real world. At least its not portrayed like 1984.

If I had to write Regime Superman, I would have established he only kills villains, but still refuse to kill other heroes or innocents. The reason why he is a villain is because he spends more time in the comics killing heroes more than he does people that deserved it like the Joker, even though he stops fighting in the world and unnecessary bloodshed, helps the environment improve and gives a final solution to supervillains.

I remember DCAU did Injustice Superman before, and while it wasn't great, it wasn't as poorly portrayed as it was in Injustice

At the very least, the heroes felt reservations about what they were doing more than in the game.

I am not so sure about that… Justice Lord Superman wasn't as over-the-top as Regime Superman, but at the end of the episode, he didn't hesitate to kill Flash despite his death triggered their fall to darkness.

My memory is foggy

I think Disney himself said, a good villain makes evil sound good, or makes evil seductive or something along those lines?

A good saying is that every villain is a hero in his own story.

(((Stein))) doesn't have any experience in fighting metahumans, it's pretty much just that Firestorm wouldn't be able to use his powers to any useful effect without his greatest ally in there telling him what nuclear reactions are

Injustice 1 had anything but a good story. The comics didn't even try, they just straight-up went into stupid territory.

I see it this way.
But when he fucked the Green Lanterns, that was really absurd. Any writer should think about fucking with a galaxy police.
In the end, it's just another small story with little to no significance. Just like this one.

Regime Superman did everything wrong.

The writers couldnt make a convincing story so they made him evil for evils sake. The only somewhat decent scenario was at the end of Injustice 2 when Batman and Superman fight due to differing views on Brainiacs containment and Supes is about to lose his cool.
To make the story better Superman should have failed once or twice. Maybe his actions have unintended consequences or Black Adam repels him from Khandaq instead of allying with him, or the GLs show hes making some people miserable. Instead they have him win everytime but then decide to be evil for no fucking reason.

Als regime WW is the worst character

Fucking this. She was Flashpoint tier.

If anything, she is the reason why Regime Superman is such a shit character. She is responsible for pushing him further down the path of violence because she lusts after his D and is just plain ruthless and cruel without rhyme or reason. At least Superman had an excuse, but WW has none.

Justice Lord Superman didn't try to kill Flash until he said he didn't have the balls to

also he only actually killed one guy that we know about, and it looked pretty justified tbh

Superman apparently just goes mad with power at the least provocation, in almost any universe

Or rather most writers have the creativity of a vegetable when it comes to Superman.

And this is how we get a cartoon-villain Regime Superman with a serious point about super villains…

He also should put dc cesspits like Gotham, Starling City, Casnia and Gorilla City in bottles and just let out when these places become habitable.

A reminder that Justice Lord Superman Saved the world from a Nuclear War.

He then proceeded to lobotomize all of Batmans rogues gallery into timid non people killing people (And Lobotimized the dummy amusingly enough).

He wasn't portrayed as evil as much as Tyrannical.

Flash wasn't daring Superman to kill him, he was trying to appeal to his lost goodness by reminding him that his own death made him lose his way.

Wait. Are you talking about the "protesters" that changed the name joker as a symbol of freedom?

What are gonna say next? Not kill "civilians" chanting allu akbar? Those lefties deserved it. If we are talking same issue.

Different protestors.

Exactly, the protestors of the image were roasted by Supes

Also the fact Hal joins the yellow lanterns and kills Guy and I think John dies too

Pictured: the protest in Australia. No explanation why they were there, wanted to disperse the protest, what the protest was about specifically, or why they'd spare it a half-second of attention.
D-lister attacks them, they accidentally break his spine. Then somehow there isn't super-medical treatment to fix that.

Injustice comics tries to fix this, but Ed Boon said hell naw, Supes is evil! because he's a big fan of Superman Red Son.

This was around the time Supes was taking over the world wasnt it?

This is literally an Anti-Regime protest. They just wanted Superman's influence out of Australia. And I dont see anything accidental there.

Well let's see up until the protest… after Metropolis was nuked, Superman announced his intention of enforcing world peace, and then punching a US drone bomb somewhere in Durkastan. So Superman's parents were abducted by US government-sponsored mirror-master. No reprisals on the president when Mirror Master was captured…
Wonder Woman intervened in some durka war, broke some tanks and jet fighters…
Then they dealt with Aquaman's show of force with a bigger show of force, usual sea pollution issue. Australia should really not have a problem with not being attacked by 50-foot hermit crabs…
TL;DR: No. There was no regime at the time, not until year 2, and no real reason to protest besides Superman getting in the way of bombing Pakistan. Probably paid Soros protestors.
You think Supes and Wondy shoulda/woulda/coulda been able to precisely gauge how durable this unknown cape is? Flash just figured it out from the guy's expression. I don't think you can rely on that at the best of times, and in the middle of fights is not the best of times.

I have to question if Ed Boon actually read that story then or just had someone tell him 'A story where Superman isn't "the good guy"'

I think I recall reading a senior dev saying something to the effect of 'we have a comic? cool." so that says something about what the dev teams thinks

This happened in Year Five, dude, and even I agree they had it coming for making the Joker of all people, a symbol of resistance against oppression. Its like making Bin Laden a anti-Trump symbol.

I was referring to this which happened in Year One. At this point Regime Superman while still shaken by the events in Metropolis but he wasn't full-blown evil yet.

There is literally no reason for Superman to give a shit (at least just yet) about what some protesters think about his actions. The Regime doesn't exist yet and for now he got important shit to do like defusing wars around the globe to ensure peace. Maybe if this has happened in Issue 5, it would make sense for his character, but the only reason they have him do this is to establish he is becoming a mean fashy.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the left user.

I know its already happening. Look at the hijab being used as a feminist icon.

It's kinda like how the left use many Communist leaders as examples of how progressive they are, yet most absolutely hated africans and such.

The left leaning types dont have a shred of common sense.

Bin Laden was just an emotionally disturbed exception, who should have received counselling.

Satan, meme responsibly please.

Glad im not alone thinking that

Regime Superman is horribly written, theres no question. But perhaps thats a good sign.

Superman is a good man. He's THE good man. I think the injustice comic really gives him too much power, but it probably demonstrates why Superman doesnt stop all crimes and enforce world peace in the main continuity: if he did, hed start acting like a total dumbass. Also note that WW is there with him, and I have no doubt she convinced him to do it. Regime Wonder Woman is a shit character who is responsible for leading Superman down that path of retarded acts of force though main continuity wonder woman is also a total bitch who has no idea what she's doing

You can't have a character that overthrows the government appeal to kids, no matter how right he is, simple as that

Doctor Who did that for years, m8.

doctor who is a weird anomaly that exists outside of time and space

What the fuck is the Rebel Alliance in Star Wars then?

Not rebelling against a recognisable western government.

A kosher safe rebellion that fought off the evil and genocidal Nazi Galactic Empire

Boring faggots who don't really have a cause with any merit.

No idea why we were supposed to take their side.

I thought Darth Vader and stormtroopers looked cooler than whiny Luke and the plain-ass rebels too when I was 12, but I still recognized that they were evil bastards.

Or super entertaining. Its really entertaining and fun watching bad guys shuy away from fun and good times like as if it were objective measures.

ls just like when /leftpoo/ says that berlin girls deserved to be raped for slav mongols

as if the right were any better

all defenses consist of "no u" or "but these other guys…"

You cant rape the willing.

Has this been done before? What would Supes do?

Likely too much. I think his good intentions would see him make a slip up or two where he doesn't account for freedoms or something, but he would no doubt readily relinquish his power at the first mistake.

In a comic, certainly. The status quo must rule, after all.
In "reality" people would tell him no, he's doing fine, everyone makes mistakes, come on, don't give up at the first sign of trouble, we don't want our old corrupt political system back.

In "reality" Superman would present a lot more problems before it got to that point.
In a real world scenario, the Injustice theme of "what do you do if Superman won't admit he's fucking up" comes into play. Superman is a pure soul, he's almost entirely good: But we only know that because we're reading the comics. In real life there'd be far more Lex Luthors and Superman's good nature would be far more questionable. I'd also imagine that the very idea of a race of alien beings as powerful as Superman existing in the galaxy would be enough cause to turn humanity into a full on Imperium of Man, because otherwise we're fucked if any of them ever discover us.

Lex's genius and plot-armor should be considered a superpower as rare as any other
Truly good men do exist, they just don't always do as good as they'd like.
Probably wouldn't be enough, and very unlike the Imperium they'd depend on a relatively few mutants to protect them. "Even" Martians would outclass earth by sheer numbers of telepathic shape-shifters. I never liked super-powered species, they tend to break the setting.

At least Lex's intelligence is consistent though. Superman forgets how powerful he is half the time and doesn't use powers he had two issues ago to solve problems in the current, I'd imagine even without smarts there'd be more people with a Luthor outlook. Luthor isn't exactly wrong to be honest.
True, but the point is that we only have 100% certainty Superman is as good as he appears because we can see his thoughts. We're the reader, we see it all. To the layman, there's an alien who can defeat even the most powerful of humans you've ever seen, and he really likes fighting people. He's never done anything wrong, but without the reader's view you can't be sure he won't.
Oh it wouldn't be terribly effective, but I'm saying it would be the goal of humanity to become full on preparation for war mode. If more Supermen exist, we need to focus almost entirely on war for our species to survive.

That's part of what pissed me off about Young Justice. Martians are still alive in that universe, how the fuck has nothing bad occurred with this race of Superpowered shape-shifters living in the solar system? Surely SOME martians are going to use that to kill or crime.
I mean as much as I like Superman, that's why I get annoyed with how powerful he's written. When he's super-strong, I can accept that. When he's strong enough to life quintillions of tons, then it's always setting off that part of your mind that says "this is just a normal kryptonian, all his species can do that".

About what? Not trusting the super-powered dude? Even though he's clearly doing more than his fair share to keep other supermen in line?
Point.

I think Luthor is right about how Superman stifles humanity due to his existence making humanity reliant on him. People in the DCU have, to be fair, stopped advancing and stayed in a perpetual status quo, so Luthor is right in universe. Superman represents an apex that men cannot achieve, and judging by the laziness of the DCU populace, I'd say Luthor's right that they've stopped trying.

That's all comic writing, and unintentional at that. In reality, is that what would happen? Hell no, because there'd be no end of bank to be made reverse engineering superpowers. Really quite dystopian, because one way of the other the world would in short order be ruled by people with superpowers - either sociopathic economic elites or random fools.

What about the stories where he's helping STAR Labs invent new technology and do space exploration that wouldn't be possible without him?

Why does Luthor put so much effort into fucking over Superman instead of just making Earth great again himself?

I get the point you're trying to make buddy but you can't keep saying "in reality this wouldn't happen" because this isn't reality, or even similar to reality. This is fundamentally different to reality here. The DCU universe operates under different fundamental mathematical and scientific principles, our rules don't work like theirs. If Superman WAS real, then we'd all be dead by now because the sheer level of energy he'd need to expend to perform even the most mundane feat would decimate his surroundings.

And then what do you do when examining Superman turns out to invalidate almost every scientific principle you've based the entirety of society and technology off of? What do you do when Darkseid destroys the planet because "in reality" he would just do it without wasting time fucking around with announcements?

And what has any of that resulted in? Mankind still doesn't have colonies or space-tech above the primitive. Superman has the knowledge to build an army of Superbots with super-advanced robotics, yet mankind in the DCU is still in very primitive robotics stages aside from key individuals who never seem to share their work.
Because he's going to die one day. And when he does, if Superman is still around that's all for naught.

Bit unclear when we're talking "realistic" (internally consistent) DC universe or Superman applied to reality.
Start over, make new theories, experiment. Apply science.
Die, obviously. What's your point?

But you can't just do that user. Because you've found an exception to all known physical laws which can't be explained, and your solution is "just science it away". Science isn't magic buddy, it has limits.
If we're being realistic, let's be fully realistic and admit we're all dead in the scenario

Why not? That's exactly what you're supposed to do. That doesn't mean you can't still use the old models for everything else until you've put together some workable new ones.

You mean a government taking place in the real world right?

Because they were made for kids.

Sure, with exceptions. Past governments, for example, are no problem to depict sympathetic rebellions against. Government of truly insignificant countries, like Lichtenstein, Nauru and Canada are probably no problem either.
Dunno about the Norks, though. I think people are too pussy to piss off Kim Chubs. Maybe they imagine he'd send someone to spill cyanide in their coffee.

Agreed.

I mean I can't believe nobody addressed this yet. Even if you agree with Superman being a colossal douche and deciding to destroy freedom just because he couldn't not beat his wife for 5 seconds, the motherfucker killed the single purest individual on Earth because he said "hey, maybe we don't kill a bunch of civilians just to piss off batman".