Projects you're working on

Sure it takes place during the apocalypse and not way after it but it still frustrates me.

Projects you're working on thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlK3DFl9ul8
youtube.com/watch?v=QO-yoK5DG0g
youtube.com/watch?v=q7N30FiR-MM
youtube.com/watch?v=GIG9n987VYQ
pastebin.com/d8Jy6PHZ
endgamewastaken.tumblr.com/post/149534346301/
endgamewastaken.the-comic.org/
tapas.io/series/End-Game-Was-Taken
sketch-armstrong.tumblr.com/
fanfiction.net/s/11866793/1/Miniontale
fanfiction.net/s/12544000/1/Baby-Blue
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The project I'm working on is the short animated film, at the moment I'm just working on the script, the next step is to story board it.

*Is this animated film.

Dark fantasy comic featuring South American legends as reference. Its about vampires with snake like traits fighting in a underworld realm against demons and shit.

I'm writing a capeshit story that's a love letter to capeshit. It takes inspiration from a fuckton of sources but it is mainly Spider-Man, Green Lantern and Arthurian legend all wrapped into one.

I posted about this months ago in a previous write tag thread. Anyone remember me?

Eh, right now I'm working out the general plot for a virtual band comic thing while I teach myself basic music theory. You know how Gorillaz, Dethklok, and the like all have their plots beginning after the band's big break? I figured I'd start out with how the band gets together and struggles to make it big.

Characters would be a redheaded guitarist dude as a shoutout to Kvothe and Ed Sheeran, a drummer who I'm tentatively basing off of Keith Moon and Trevor from GTA 5, a bassist who is an utter slut and whose character design is basically "Draw the sexiest hunk possible," a Keyboardist chick who's in it to pick up as many dudes as possible (as opposed to a dude who got into music for the same reason) and helps out on the music theory side of things, and a couple of ex-band roadies able to do any woodwinds or brass that might end up in the setlist.

Alongside the band plotline, I want to explore the various effects drugs have on creating and listening to music, and why you should and shouldn't do drugs (one of the supporting characters is a rich sound engineer/mentor who is eventually revealed to be essentially a pastiche of Syd Barrett).

Artistically, I really want to have fun with character designs and backgrounds (the guitarist is really into early Genesis, and he meets the keyboardist at a costume shop). The drug thing is where I really want to go off the rails visually, but I'm not sure if I'd EVER have the artistic skills to pull it off – for example, one of the animated bits I want to do is a DMT trip set to a cover of WIWDD, but animating four people experiencing their own consciousnesses melding, entering a fractal dimension and celebrating life with machine elves, and then experiencing ego death until they get yanked back into reality is going to take Richard Williams-level skills which I don't think I'd ever be able to do. Granted, that's probably the most difficult thing to animate - having the drummer do part of his setlist tripping on ketamine is a lot easier to illustrate.

I'm also interested in showing other people what it's really like to live with mental illness, because all that self-diagnosed bullshit really grinds my gears. Mental illness shouldn't be glorified or used an an excuse, especially to those of us who have actually had psychotic breaks. Seriously, FUCK those fucking fuckers.

Deus Ex and Fugitive inspired comic set in near future. Protagonist lost his job to automation and is struggling with money. Out of desperation he volunteers as a human subject for "sleep study." He ends up with nanoaugmentations and then on the run from the government, foreign agents, commie revolutionaries, and criminals who all want tech that protagonist is implanted with.

Other one is just a silly mix of Robert E.Howard-like fantasy, science fiction, mecha, post apocalyptic stories, and heavy metal . Just short stories about people living in a chaotic world. I mostly do it as a comic making practice and to try some ideas out.

Sounds interesting. What kind of band would they be? What illnesses would you have in your story?
If you would settle for webcomic approach, you could always try to blend still images and animation together for the trip sequences. It would bee cheaper than animating everything.

Sounds pretty good. How edgy would it be?

I wouldn't be too frustrated about it. Unoriginal concepts with good execution is better than 100% original garbage. Work on your writing and execution and you'll find your niche.

I'm saying so because I'm working on a comic which also has a lot of "unoriginal" ideas, but it's got it's own spins.
The story's about a zombie looking to resolve his past and overcome his personal fears. He gets wrapped up with a trouble making vampire who's brazen attitude gives him the courage to try to overcome fear, but at the cost of being dragged into her problems.
It's set in the south, in a "dystopian" future which is much more a satire of our current one. Crime is out of control and many cities are in disarray due to economic mismanagement.

I've always loved supernatural themed comics and monsters, but never liked edgy characters who take themselves too seriously, which is the case with how a lot of vampires are written. I also hate it when authors write humans as useless, disposable "mooks" because they don't have powers.

Post qt vamp snake pics

I'm having trouble on deciding a genre, actually. I grew up listening to a ton of different genres because my dad's kind of a hipster (his best friend was a concert promoter back in the day who got him in for free, so he has an impressive CD collection from just merch alone) - I grew up listening to everything from Auburn Lull to Zappa, but if I had to choose a genre, it'd be a mix of alternative and prog. I'm willing to put just about any genre, but I'm aware that might not be marketable, so I want to focus on just singles for the comic until I can record enough content so that each genre gets about 1 album's worth of attention.

Each character is meant to reflect different parts of my favorite musical influences - the guitarist'd have a playstyle focusing on putting each note in the right place, heavily influenced by early progressive rock musicians like David Gilmour and Robert Fripp, and tunes his guitar like the latter (and also because I hear NST is easier to play non-blues music on), the drummer'd focus on manic and/or catchy beats like Keith Moon and Tre Cool (and have an enormous setup like Neil Peart because I'd like to shove in a glockenspiel and a fuckload of rototoms in it), the bassist'd be influenced by David J and Roger Waters, and the keyboardist is classically trained but likes to experiment with effects pedals and sampling.

As for the illnesses, I've decided on Bulimia for the keyboardist since her character was inspired by Bright Eyes' Lua. The drummer is ex-Marines so he'll have ACTUAL PTSD (he was originally Army, but I wanted to put in a Wagner Loves the Cock joke). Bassist didn't have a very good childhood, so Anxiety and Depression are the disorders of choice. As for the Guitarist, I was going to go with OCD, but as much as it gets meme'd on here, Questionable Content actually did a real good job depicting that, so that's off the table. I'll probably go with Bipolar for him instead. And since the main supporting character is based on Syd Barrett, that includes schizophrenia.

But yeah, my plan was to do color keyframes for the most difficult parts and just stick with black and white for the tweens until I have enough time to finish the damn things and just abuse the hell out of Photoshop or GIMP for the polish.

And dude, that sounds like a bitchin recipe you got there. Have you considered a biopunk-type supporting character/antagonist as a foil to your protagonist?

Lol, ever played Wizard Games' Rockstar? It's only a text game, but the more drugs you take, it screws with the games interface, so sometimes you can't tell what you're doing, which has a realistic drug fucked effect on your decisions in the game.

Dropped

The next issue of my 32-page comic (only 18 of which have comic strip on them, the rest is text stories with block illustrations) is taking 3 years and counting…
I probably shouldn't have started to do a total re-draw of the sci-fi story in it, but the original version was just lifted directly from a 40's/50's DC Thomson text story, the new one is a more Expanse-ey tale of interplanetary "cold war" paranoia. With more than a little reference to the Western media's current attitudes to Russia.
The same comic also contains a World War 3 story (fought with conventional weapons only thanks to bullshit, also the tech being used is going to degenerate, as a modern fighter jet takes months to build but blows up just the same) with stupid mecha, only it's going to clearly show the weaknesses of mecha and end with the builders talking about how they probably shouldn't have put "cool" above "practical" when designing war machines.
Also a crap story about the Indian partition that I wish I'd never started is trundling towards it's hasty conclusion.

With that being 2.5 years late (I once intended to do an issue every 6 months), I decided it was time to plan another anthology comic! This one contains Teddy Bears in a utopian version of Blade Runner, which is also the logical conclusion of liberal multiculturalism (everywhere is San Francisco, everybody speaks English, all music is mindless pop, all TV is predictable soaps etc).
Also a "superhero" story which is like Deadpool crossed with Spawn only more edg-lolno, it's Iron Man crossed with Ironside, only in Cambridge.
And a semi-autobiographical story about a retarded "spy agency" we had as kids, only moved a bit further back in time and with the names (barely) changed.

No pictures because not only am I an "ideas guy" (albiet one who realised when he was 3 years old that nobody else is going to do the hard bit for me), I'm also a lazy fuck. Maybe when something's fully inked…

I haven't drawn any female vampires yet.

That sucks fam tbh.

Don't wanna go too overboard with the edge, but it will certainly contain cheesecake. I am not going a cheesecake comic since the main protagonist is a male vampire and there is more to it, but I am certainly throwing some lewds here and there.

My comic is kind of hard to explain, but basically it's akin to
>"What if you took DnD questing, but put it in a modern city?"

The reason it's difficult to explain is that I'm basically throwing in everything that appeals to my aesthetic tastes, so the city is like Manhattan, but it's got a big sword in the middle of it, viewable from anywhere in the city. The MC looks, and is, more like a "desk jockey" as I prefer to call it. The other main character is his boss, and looks like a witch at first glance, but is actually just the chairman of a company. And that's not even getting into stuff I can't talk about yet, as it's got a few weeks before it gets published online.

But it's been good and rewarding. I'm currently about 45 pages into it, with no signs of stopping anytime soon, and have been working at a steady rate of about a page a week or so.
I've even managed to actually accept I've got a certain style I'm aiming for and pushing, and that it's okay to do so.

I've recently come into a lot of free time.. It looks like I can finally work on my art and maybe start doing commissions.

Stunning finely crafted memes, only $50 a piece!

ive been practicing 3d modeling for the past year so i can make some assets for a game demo, now i just need to do start making the music, textures and code. i got the concept of the story i just need to work out some of the problems. funny thing is i cannot draw for shit but i can at least model, and without concept art it is and was a pain in the ass. and ive been practicing while in college full time.

pics related to how far ive gotten.

any criticism would be nice, i really need to improve.

Sounds even better. If you won't be able to find musical direction for your band, you could always go with the experimental music angle.
And make sure you do your job with the mental illness part. If you shit the bed, it will come across like planeteers but with mental illnesses instead of all different ethnicities.

No, it's too high tech for my setting. Biologically modified organisms are limited to plants, some farm animals, and bees. Augmentative implants are mostly limited to the rich who got them in order to be able to compete with machines. Nanotech is cutting edge, and protagonist is implanted with a prototype that doesn't quite perform as it was expected.

Any ideas of what sort of demons will these be? Just good old people with horns and wings or something else?

Take 2, since phone decided to delet my long shitpost. I hope your bodies are ready .

Certain people remain virgins at socially unacceptable ages because they are under the protection of a secret society, as (((dark forces))) seek to rid the world of purity. Every social event is a whimsical battleground.

A sort of fantasy drama
Came to be after I explained to my supervisor as to why I was still pure at my age.Because I have this guardian angel who's sole purpose is to defend my virginity. No amount of booze and paraphrasing can stop him. Thought it was a funny and lighthearted premise
to contrast from my usual fictional world political/war/espionage stories .
Starts off in a comfy outdoorsy highschool setting in Current Year + X . Introduction character is a regular guy who is constantly cockblocked by a few people, including his best friend. First arc of the story involves IC trying to change tfw no gf with the three psuedo-antagonists being his science teacher, a fucboi, and his female best friend. He ends up learning about the secret during a fallout with said best friend.

If it were to become a thing , it would probably look and flow similarly to The Boondocks , but without the nigganess.
Suppose I can draw a rough sketch or two for you peeps.

For the paranoid and those who are still children at heart .

Any questions ?

I've been building a sci-fi setting and story for a good long while now. My current belief is that some sort of long-form comic would be the most realistic means of getting it out there. I guess it would be accurate to say that it's in pre-production, as I'm getting all the designs and assets worked out. Recently I've been experimenting with building simple reference meshes for ships and interior environments that I anticipate will be seen regularly. The initial results are looking pretty promising.

I dig the aesthetic of your ships.

I kekd

And then I got depressed. Tfw no gf

If it helps, here is a pic of the main protagonist's love interest. She isn't a snake vampire, but she is designed as the fanservice provider.

I am avoiding Judeo-Christian myths because that is cliched as Hell. I want to give them some really diverse look, some bordering on resembling more aliens than demons ala Lovecraft.

For the past few months my interest in Kaiju was re-sparked due to watching Shin Godzilla back in october. This led to be binging on Kaiju-related movies and comics which had me notice there wasn't alot on the market in terms of Kaiju comics. So I decided to start writing one, I did mention this idea before but I started working on it more intensely lately.

It's meant to be called President Kaiju. It's in a world where Kaiju attacks have been happening since the 1940s and humanity has had to experiment with different ideas to counter attacks for years upon years. Taking place in the modern day (slanted around 2018) humanity has so many different ways to fend off giant monster attacks either through newly designed missiles, defense shields and giant robots. The amount of attacks have greatly decreased as Kaiju are usually beaten before they could make it to major cities.

Now on Monster Island, more and more Kaiju keep returning to their home battered and beaten. This is where we enter the protagonist Zillgar (may change name but so far it's sticking) who has decided to try a new way of combating humanity via declaring Monster Island a sovereign nation. Though it would be easier said than done as he needs to get the other Kaiju to rally around him for this to work.

Humanity on the other hand would be baffled by this sudden display of intelligence from Kaiju but even worse what it means for them. Due to them constantly building weaponry to combat kaiju has made them reliant on their attacks to help maintain the economy. Kaiju attacks suddenly stopping means a huge problem.

I started coming up with the idea a while ago but paused on it due to the election going on. I didn't want people thinking I was making some type of commentary or some crap on it. Especially since Zillgar's main friend (and the one who encourages him to do the President idea) is a Soviet-era mecha named Armor Superior.

I've mostly been working on the lore for this world and formatting what will be in each chapter. I'm hoping to contact some friends of mine for concept sketches soon when I get appearances down properly.

Sorry, that's a Myth. Warfare never actually HELPS an economy. Yes you have people with Jobs, but those jobs aren't making stuff that makes countries wealthier, but just throwing it away against enemies.

Like Let's say they just needed to throw raw resources at the sun for example. Sure you would have people working to make those rockets. But your literally using up resources that could go towards more cars, or Houses.

Looks like I've got some re-thinking to do then.

Yeah. I'm mostly going to keep the mental illness aspect on the down-low – e.g., the girl takes bathroom breaks after dinner and her bathing area has acid reflux meds. My reasoning is that as musicians, they consider them to be something you shouldn't bother others with, and, after all, they're called personal problems for a reason.

As for the music, I'm getting a job hucking baggage at the airport 'cause synths and drums are not cheap.

It makes the (((military-industrial complex))) wealthier, though, which is what's really important. Nobody cares if regular people have money or not.

You could still incorporate it somehow.

Like it could be a deal with aliens or alternate dimension earths or something. Kaiju movies do love Aliens.

Right-but only stupid people think it works this way.

Every Factory making bombs is not a factory making Coca Cola and Mickey Mouse brand merchandise.

They have lobby groups as well, and is many multiple times bigger than the "Complex". Warfare damages assets, and that's how mega corporations make most of their billions of dollars.

The "Military Industrial Complex" is shit just people repeat enough without thinking it through at all whatsoever.

But whatever. put enough ((Brackets)) and turn your brain off.

That could be a potential idea to do. Or just the possibility that the idea of a joined Kaiju force would obviously scare the hell out of humanity. One or two is bad enough but having 5 or more attacking is a huge nightmare in many minds.

Wouldn't that really only work if the society itself is based around the military?

That sounds extremely original and interesting. Shame about the timing and other circumstances. Waiting for less controversial president or releasing during middle of a term are probably the best options. However, there are still plenty of idiots that will look for deeper meaning even if there isn't one.

It really depends. Weapons are used as a form of alternative currency by some nations. Another thing to consider is that in quite a few countries weapon manufacturing is owned by government in some capacity.

The fun part was thinking of some of the kaiju designs to go along with it. Zillgar is supposed to have a mate that serves as his comfort zone and sometimes keeps him from going into 'all out rage' mode when dealing with some issues. There will be something for him learning that not every issue can be solved with him just breath-attacking his way out of it.

Two ideas I had recently was that there is an Ultraman-esque being who lost a crucial battle in the 80s. Due to losing he lost his link with the higher beings who spawned him therefore losing his cosmic powers. He can no longer fly, fire energy blasts or summon a powerful sword he used to own. Now his uniform has faded in color, his power gem cracked and he became a hermit in the mountains sulking or fighting giant ants.

The second is meant to be Mothra-type who resides on an island across from Monster Island. She is a large praying mantis worshiped by a huge human tribe as they think she is some magical force that will protect them and the Earth. The truth being is that the Mantis Kaiju is in no way magical at all she was created from toxic waste. That didn't stop the worship from going to her head and considers herself higher than all the other kaiju.

Both characters are eventually met to side with humanity when tensions start rising up. At first the mantis remains neutral but shifts thinking it's her duty to protect humans (also that they might worship her in return).

Economics crosses into common sense in some level. WEALTH is stuff people want. Raw Cash isn't worth anything. Dumb raw printed dollars into a country and your not making it wealthier. But dump cars and awesome housing and high quality products.
That's wealth.

Guns can be used but they don't really make people wealthy. Guns just become a reliable form of trade in a way in shitty places.

I guess here is how I could do it:

The Kaiju all develop weird stuff that can be used for products. Godzilla scales can be used for Super spaceship parts, or maybe Mothra Silk is so satisfying to the touch it ranges in the millions per strand.

Really fun ideas. Really I made it about economics but it could just as well be a cultural thing.

After years of war for survival, peace is hard. Telling people hyped up on propaganda to survive, that they need to be peaceful now would get more people mad.

Both are really good ideas that can be used. The idea that some kaiju scales, hides or whatever can be recovered after battles being worth some value is a good idea since that source of income drying up due to them not wanting to attack is gonna cause some anger. The survival angle is good too, I mean what would you say if an enemy you've been fighting since the 40s who has caused tons of death and destruction suddenly says 'Hey guys we're different about that now'

No one is gonna take that shit laying down. An option would be to nuke the island but that only has a chance of spawning even more powerful kaiju also some of them surviving it.

Maybe you are under the protection of the society :^). IF you want reel feels, I could tell you the parable which is the past 3 months of my life. I'll continue .

Part/Season 2 involves new pure people's but a subplot involves IC getting bombarded by highschool shenanigans.
As a loophole he modifies an imaginary friend to be a full blown Tulpa for sexual.
Being pure, it would be real enough to void him of his powers. He almost lost it in his room but is spared when his best friend kisses him, killing the Tulpa. Naturally being shown affection by one female draws more, the best friend has issues fending them all off but is reached by /r9k/ incarnate during a major battle. R9k's subplots are mostly simple and for comic relief yet he's one of the few virgins who could hold his own against the dark forces.

Nukes as options should be dismissed right off the bat (In my mind). Just like how in superhero worlds, everything has a propensity for giving people superpowers, maybe in this world everything has a propensity for causing Kaiju.

So "Radiation AMIRITE?" should already be off the table for most things. Or at least for bombs.

And who says that only the humans want the war to continue? Maybe The Cat Based Kaiju just wants to sleep, but maybe the socialist robot wants to continue the crusade and kill capitalism?

Man I'm reminded by the North Korean Kaiju Movie. It was about some glorious crusader going out and killing kings, yadda yadda. It was set in the ye olden times.

But it was fueled by metal so all the rebelling peasants fed it metal. In hindsight it represents NK perfectly. That amount of metal sacrificed for a short term victory against a king means that their society would be set back by many many years as they would no longer have many of the tools that aided them before.

That action itself is cliched as hell.

Lovecraft itself is a bigger cliche than just well-written demons by this point.

And if you want "Lovecraft" look at how demons where originally described.

What happened to his face/lower body?

Have you considered making a cg comic?

I remember. I was one of the power-armor autists giving his spiel on the logistics of his brand of not-ironman suit. My art is still garbage and I want to get the story just right the idea originated out of my middle school fantasies of having Samus' suit, so I need to work all the residual self-insert aspects out, as well as the design. I also need to decide whether it will be a comic or a 5-8 minute long short animation.

Is he going to be as hyper-competent as him too?
As for the rest of the idea, I hope you really dig into the shitty aspects of being in a small band. I can tell you from experience how disheartening it is to bring 20+ people to a venue and get $8 for it because the headlining act didn't have any draw in the area, but they still get most of the pay. Or other shit like a band member leaving/getting injured and how being inactive for even one or two months can completely destroy any hold you have in the area. It seems like you want to focus on the more romanticized parts of it (sex, drugs and rock & roll), which is fine since none of us would be out here if we didn't love what we do, but there's already a million stories out there like that and it would be a breath of fresh air to see some of the less focused-on aspects of the gig brought to life.

It would be wise to have at least one normal dude in there, as a band made entirely of the mentally disturbed would destroy suspension of belief not only due to the sheer coincidence, but also because it would be nigh-impossible for them to get regular gigs it involves a lot of socializing with really obnoxious people

The thought has crossed my mind, but I doubt I'll go in that direction. While cg is great for working with a small collection of assets, it has a lot of drawbacks that make it less than appealing for illustration purposes. Trying to use cg for scenes in locations that are only seen briefly, or for background characters milling around, etc, can cause the workload to snowball in ways that traditional illustration would be able to avoid. It's possible to blend cg and traditional illustration, of course, but then you have to devote a lot of effort to making sure that the cg and 2d elements of illustrations mesh correctly.

However I look at it, there's really no "silver bullet" for cutting down the work of rendering all this high-detail sci-fi stuff. The only thing that changes between methods is where the work is allocated.

I got two projects, a Miyazaki inspired comic about spirits and a short film.
With the former, I have concept art done but i lost contact with my cowriter so it's on hold right now but I got the story figured out

Working on a /tg/ setting for a supers game. Might end up making a vidya based off it or something.

Oh fuck no, Rothfuss is very good at what he does, but he was cutting it very close in turning his protagonist into a Gary Stu. Nah, the dude's someone who spent his school time blowing off class to practice his guitar skills instead of being born with talent and a photographic memory.

As to your other concerns, I'll definitely be doing more related to the struggles, seeing as success is boring and I like seeing people struggle together, and I'm definitely downplaying the illness aspect 'cause most people with mental illnesses are able to manage it and function normally anyways.

Vid related is kind of the stuff I'd like to go for visually

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlK3DFl9ul8

I have an idea for a comic. Basically the protagonist is this 19 year old drifter who's half Native American and half white. He leaves after some fallout with his cousin and becomes a monster hunter. The protagonist himself is this guy who has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and is not as badass as he thinks he is. He's kind of like a cross between the 2012 Casey Jones and Van Helsing. He's competent at dealing with the supernatural monsters but can get in over his head. The series would be episodic with him travelling around the country to kill monsters and get paid for it. It would deal with different mythologies like Native American ones and Voodoo. Also, I have one story planned where he's paid to go defeat some thoughtform in the ghetto and it would be a reference to the Candyman movies. At the end he would return home and confront his cousin and after they argue they would come together and resolve their problems and the protagonist would help on the reservation occasionally leaving to monster hunt.

Back with a little something. Friend of mine sketched out a concept for the MC's head.

I've come the realization that I can't really draw, so I'm either going to give up or focus on other projects until I get good.

My project is finding a project. Fluttering and butterflying about is fun but it's nice to focus one's efforts on something cohesive.

Oh that's pretty good looking.

I really like the title and general idea, hopefully something actually comes out of it

good luck man

sounds boring

I just recently had this idea. I call it "Alamo" it's about a war between an independent California and an independent Texas fighting for control of lands in a shattered U.S. where it is split between California and Texas. California is a Neo-Communist state backed by China while Texas is a Republic similar to the original independent Texas.
They're fighting over the "Mohave" states of Arizona, Utah, and Nevada and the story centers around a group of refugees from these states trying to head towards the Alamo, the last Texan stronghold. California is winning the war due to overwhelming Chinese forces zerg rushing the Texans back to their borders like what they did to the UN during the Korean War. Not sure what else is gonna happen, relatively new idea.

Working on sword & sorcery/fantasy thing. The story consists of 3 big main plots/parts and mass of smaller ones ( either as side-character background stories, to not turn main ones into walls of text and flashbacks or just simply irrelevant side stories based in same universe/world). The main story lines share some of the characters but take place on different parts of the continent and in different time.

1st Act will talk about how can a minor event trigger a chain that leads up to very big stuff. This plot line follows one individual as he discovers and explores the reasons around the minor event in which he was involved. Act I will definitely be a comic

Act II follows a group of individuals roaming around arid/desert areas and helping people, one of the guys from the group has a hidden agenda and his ulterior motives drives to plot forward. Since Act II is short I'm considering, making it animated short, but I definitely need to see if that is viable or even achievable.

Act III is a classic fantasy/adventure tale, following 3 dudes (an older warrior, a rich/noble knight and a very young mage) around the continent. This one should be long and it would show the vulnerabilities of men as the main characters slowly grow old, weak, dead or change into something worse. Act III is meant to be a potential book but It's a long way ahead and I need to do the first two acts before I move onto Act III

Currently, I'm still practicing drawing. The level of my skill is not satisfying and I Need more practice before I start working. Also Act I still needs a lot of plot fixing since it comes out of my high school days and I'm having trouble with some childish moments in the story or the characters.

right now i'm working on a comic book that i'd like to make into a series.

it's about a band of mercenaries struggling to make ends meet in a world that rapidly abandoning mercenary armies in favor of standing state-run armies.
their search for work takes them to the far east where the 700-strong company ends up being the only thing standing between the civilized world and a seemingly unstoppable barbarian horde.

Is thinking of shitty rip offs that eventually morph into original ideas a legit thing? That's why I've been reluctant to start my comics.

Very interesting idea, but tumblr-tier art is usually not a good sign. Cleaning up the lines and getting rid of tumbrl noses would go a long way.

Like Scott McCloud says, every creator's journey begins with homage. The secret to creativity just lies in learning how to hide your sources, lol.
Unless you're Chris-Chan or Ken Penders, you'll eventually master the craftsmanship behind the works you love and get the knack of synthesising enough deconstructed elements from enough different things for tit to appear made of whole cloth, whether you do it consciously or not. I take a kind of Bruce Lee approach to creativity, you know? "Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own."
I mean, look at David Bowie, he had several tries at a musical career and always flopped because he was always trying too hard to imitate The Beatles, or Bob Dylan, or The Who, or Frank Sinatra. He only hit it big when he combined the best parts of all his heroes into Ziggy Stardust. Then he abandoned the character but kept what he'd learned.

I'm currently formatting the issues for President Kaiju. I'm gonna get started on writing the script next month since I've gotta work on another comic pitch to a publisher thats due in September.

I've already got my artist and colorist selected for the comic. Artist is sketching characters up for me while I work on it. This is going to be a webcomic I'll take a year to get it all done. I'm aiming for 6 chapters, 20 pages since I want this to actually have an ending. I'll release each issue on a site per a monthly basis, free of charge of course.

I'm really digging what I'm seeing. I hope this comes out well for you.

Thanks user

I'm animating a music video all by myself. I won't share it here because the music is awful rap but hey the price is right.
Maybe I'll post some backgrounds I made for it.

Just goes to show the people involved in animated productions aren't there to push a narrative or propaganda, they just want the money.

i actually can't art, and only am writing the script. I've paid someone to do all of these.

I plan on paying someone to illustrate the comics.

anyone interested in taking my shekels is welcome to send me a link to their portfolio.

You really got reptiles down.

Oh that's not my art, I paid a guy to do it.

That design there was actually his first attempt at the second one called Emperor Shoa. But I liked the design so much that I decided to keep it and paid him extra for it.

when a writer wants to illustrate a story and can't do art, it's common for said writer to pay money to enlist someone else's artistic ability.

this allows many of the comics we love to exist.

not all writers are good at art, and not all artists are good at writing stories.

I've been working on a long, dense, lore-heavy space opera sort of comic book where a wanted crook and the cop pursuing him end up both being framed for a high profile assassination, and find themselves being forced to work together as they run from the law and travel across their star system to search for answers.

I've planned to do four major "acts," and I'm currently finishing up the third act. I have around 55,000 words written so far, not of script, but of sheer lore-writing autism where I detail the minutia of every character, locale and story arc. May seem unnecessary, but my main goal is to build a universe that really seems immersive and consistent.

While agree with you, even though you reek of summer trash with reddit spacing and a complete disregard for capitalization.

He can't be summer trash since he's been posting about this since early June, burger schools don't get out until almost July.

Do you not understand how comics are made?

Some more development art for the same project as
Even knowing the details of this design better than the backs of my own hands, I still have a devil of a time getting it all looking right. The shape and proportions of the chest armor especially always seems to give me a hassle, but I think the trouble's worth it for when I get it looking just so.

Glad to see you're still around and working. That first illustration looks great.

I think I recall seeing your stuff over on /tg/ a while ago. Dazzle camo on plate mail looks cooler than it has any right to.

I'm not sure how to interpret that post. What are you taking issue with? Is the problem that a writefag hasn't spent tens of hundreds of hours becoming a technically proficient artist? Or are you one of those impossible faggots who's offended by the notion of artists charging for their service?
Tell you 'hwhat, I know several people who espouse that "art shouldn't be about money, man" sentiment, and every single one of them is an absolute shitter of an artist without any interest in improving his or her technique.

I wish black and white comics looked more like those pencil sketches. Most of them try to go for a similar amount of detail with worse understanding of gradients and end up looking like a mess. Most manga fall under that category, I'm pretty sure the only manga that look objectively good without color are Berserk and SBR.

Not the best I could come up with but I guess I wanted to make it more episodic and showcase the monsters more than the protagonist. Though I do have this other series about kaiju that rule the world and it would be an anthology showing how they live and rule in each part of the world and in periods of time. Also, it's post apcoalyptic and there's this group of humans on the moon that want to reclaim the earth and force their rule on the other monsters and humans. I also want to redo this comic I made in highschool. Its called Raidogira, its a monster comic but I didn't get to fully flesh it out that and I want to do it with better artwork.

So im innovating toy design, and currently im trying to make yt videos of my toys in a story type setting, just started out a month ago…

Here are some clips for yall to check out.

Samurai Jack
youtube.com/watch?v=QO-yoK5DG0g

Wolverine
youtube.com/watch?v=q7N30FiR-MM

Pepe
youtube.com/watch?v=GIG9n987VYQ

What would people recommend in the way of animation; as in sketch pads or whatever?

Hows your art?

Yeah I'm struggling to motivate myself. Do I see your anatomy getting better?

Hopefully you will read a comic one day looking just like that ;)
tbh I don't like berserk's art in general. It has some nice moments but they are rare. If you want mangas with somewhat unique style, read C.A.T. and Blue Heaven (even though they are not actually Japanese comics)

Very cute, reminds of pre google YouTube content.

On another note, how would one go about making mock-government documents? I'm writing a story (maybe comic) and would like to make the prologue in this style.

Forgot pic

>>>/a/

yeah I know, but these two are unique in style, different from most cancer on /a/

Looks like a MGS footsoldier.

What if you're a writefag who would like to try animation? I would I like to write for animation and have a vague idea of where to start, but I have absolutely no experience with animating. Would it be worth pursuing?

It was relevant to the discussion of proper use of gradients to make detailed black & white comics readable and not the clusterfuck most manga give us.

if you want to animate your own stuff then go for it. it's your life, you do what you want.

i'll never understand how people can't understand concepts like the time/money tradeoff.

trying to make vidya
code works fine, and i've got spare animations from past projects
but fuck me, i can't do 3d modelling for shit
ended up taking a model and strapping my rig onto it, but the weight painting i've done is horrible, and texture work is even worse

A romance story using a sci fi setting with gnostic elements (somewhat inspired by the apocryphon of john) to push the melodrama and tragedy as far as possible. It's borne out of a frustration with how anime romance never push it far enough. And outised of japan - is anyone even trying?
I wouldn't say it's going anywhere, but it's a pleasant project to daydream about. Like how to make fictional couples engaging, how to draw variations of the creation story in the aforementioned text, or how to use stolen ideas to better effect than they originally were used.

I've been thinking of just remaking Rat Queens into a readable comic, since it would be a good writing and drawing practice, and a way to get something out of hate reading that comic. Current title would be Rat Kings, main characters changed to male. From then on I would just create original stories and characters, occasionally salvaging material from the original.

I like it. Make sure you don't get sued.

I would read that.

Do you guys know anywhere I can go to find artists to hire?

They're already doing an animated feature.

Flashpoint on crack with background message on not fucking with classic comic book characters.

Ei. Captain America ripoff is butt pirate dying of aids and superman ripoff is a raging tyrant obsessed with socjuc in the "bad" timeline.

You know user, being preachy can go both ways.

I'm currently working on building my own cape based universe, since certain companies seem more interested in pushing propaganda over providing entertainment, I figured I couldn't really do it any worse.

It's actually something I've been working on for several years, with two different groups, and it fell apart both times due to infighting and an SJW trying to rape my work. Pics related, it's the concepts she did, fuck her I'm posting them anyway because she's a stupid cunt. These aren't necessarily indicative of the current designs, and I'm missing one character entirely because she was race swapped, but it's the best I've got for visual reference right now.

I've decided to just turn it into a series of novels and it's coming along quite well. I have three heroes set up with a few rogues each for them to deal with over the course of their personal narratives. I've also outlined the plot for each with intersections and crossovers between the three clearly defined. Now I just have to write the fucking thing.

I'm still considering turning it into a comic at some point, but that would require either commissioning an artist with money I don't have to spend or finding one who could cooperate with me without being a massive cunt in the process.

tell me more

Anything specific you want to know? There's quite a bit I could speak about.

the story and the sjw

sounds cool user.

Did you work with the infinity-verse guys at one point.

Thank you
It would qualify as a parody, so I would be in the clear. Besides, I would not try to monetize it, so creators would not have any incentive to go after me or anything. Unless they would get triggered by majority of women being weaker than men, skin colors fitting the local climate, not all races and lifestyles being accepted everywhere and so on.

Yeah, but there are no other news regarding it other than the announcement three or four years ago.

They announced Princless, its only a matter of time.

Well, each character has a personal narrative that they will follow. The bulk of these narratives take place in a city called Port Osterman, a city that I'm setting up to be a bit of a mix between Chicago and New York.

Each hero I've created is meant to fill a certain cape niche. Seraphim, the guy with the feathers, is the street level detective. He deals with the gritty shit, murders and organized crime. A cop who became disenchanted with the system when his wife is murdered and the precinct he served in crumbled under the weight of corruption. His design there is old, back when I was going to give him more of a technological lean, but I've decided against it. I want him more grounded.

The alien woman on the right, Polaris, is an alien exile from a warrior race on the far reaches of the galaxy. She's betrayed by her sister and sets out to discover an ancient piece of alien technology hidden on Earth that could potentially give her the edge she needs to regain her throne.

The guy in the middle, Sam, is a bit more of an antihero. A flamboyant thief with murderous tendencies, he manages to get his hands on an ancient Japanese relic, a fox mask that grants him the power of teleportation. Think Pagan Min from Far Cry but with superpowers.

That's all very basic summaries mind you, each plot has a lot more going on but I'm kind of trying to hammer this all out fifteen minutes before work. I'll elaborate more later if anybody has any desire for me to.

The SJW was someone I used to get along with quite well, but only now do I realize how manipulative she really was. When I approached her about working on the project, I slowly became more and more aware of how she was starting to push her agenda into the story. I gave more ground than I should have initially, I would pitch her ideas and then I'd get art and shit back under the stipulation that I make 'just a few' small changes. I would cave, disagreeing would result in paragraphs of arguing. She wanted it all, trans heroes, gay heroes, strong independent womyn heroes, strawmen getting shown a lesson because they're being 'sexist'. I.E. Standard SJW trash.

Michael Mercedes (Seraphim) was only considered worthwhile once I'd effectively neutered him and turned him into a simpering wimp. He went from a tough guy who fights crime out of a personal vendetta to a simpering wimp with no combat expertise who I honestly couldn't see doing anything other than crying in a corner and wanting all the pain to end.

The upbeat cute chinese DJ girl who controled sound I'd pitched got me back a strong independent black womyn with white hair and problem piercings. Who was Hawaiian, somehow. SJWs don't actually know what ethnicity comes from where because niggers don't come from Hawaii. Oh, also, she had to be gay, or at least bi.

Polaris went from that to a tough space asexual with a shaved head and fucked up alien facial structure. She was now a butch asshole who was the strongest of all the superheroes because she was a woman who hated sex.

Sam was a character I could only get art made for by confirming he was homosexual. Which, was actually something I did not want to do because I liked the idea of a flamboyant guy who wasn't also a cocksmoker.

The whole thing fucking fell apart when she just stopped producing art five pages into the comic proper. A few months later we were talking and I got fed up with all her shit, said mean things, and then blocked her. Arguably the best decision I've ever made.

Nah, I poked around a bit and liked what I saw, I think the concepts were more unique than what I had in mind and if it didn't crash and burn which I'm sure it did because projects like that always do, trust me, I know. I'd probably just hold them back honestly. I knew it was probably too good to be true, I didn't keep up with it outside of the first couple threads but I imagine it fell apart. Let me tell you, if you want to see people at their absolute worst, try working with a group of people to develop a superhero universe. The pissing matches are insane. Seriously, it's like everyone turns into an ape and starts flinging shit at each other.

Are you that guy that made the quest thread on Holla Forums with the cute loli? I liked that thread.Although I can understand why they're banned from Holla Forums.

Sorry to hear that user. The SJW woman sounds like a real leech. Also, the alien chick's background sounds a lot like Starfire's.

Leech is an understatement, they're more like vampires. They grab something creative, suck it dry, and pervert it into something unnatural.

Starfire and Polaris having similarities, yeah, I've become aware of that lately. It's unintentional, for the most part, I watched Teen Titans a lot as a kid. I think it bled into my work on accident, I'm taking steps to help differentiate her a bit. I'm already considering changing the evil sister into a brother and altering the powers a bit. I should've done more research to see if I was copying any of my contemporaries, it's not the first time I've had to alter characters to avoid it. Personality wise I'd actually say she's more like Raven, since her species repress emotions.

Seems like an easy fix to me

Raven is so perfect.

I hope he is.

A bit much for its own good.

This

I'm working on a dark-ish sci-fi comic set in an alternate timeline, from the beginning of the 1980s to the end of the millenium. Technology has advanced in such a way that androids are very common, but not particularly smart. The comic follows the investigation of a string of bizarre suicides that might implicate a massive corporation that manufactures androids.

I'm also working on a comic similar to Fight Club. The MC is a guy who has been cucked by everyone for most of his life, and reaches his breaking point after meeting a dude that offers to help him take revenge against his ex (who cucked him the hardest) but, in exchange, has to join this group of dudes who help others claim revenge over other people. He initially refuses, but shortly after, he kills his boss in a fit of rage, and is forced to join the group in order to recieve help hiding the body. The comic is about all the dudes who come asking for help with their own revenges.

Sounds like shit.

Trying to make this character popular. It's not working.

Wrong board user.

I'm outlining a book that going to be a combination of Mistborn, the Discworld Watch books, and Ar Tonelico

Not a lovecraftian inspired romp though a castle, but just that the protagonist gives himself Amnesia intentionally via a potion.

Any reason as to why?

Pretty much edgy tower girls in space following a human anti-knight and his cat beast protege.

I've come up with a massive amount of autistic lore for a semi-fantasy Edwardian/Victorian setting involving four different comics all taking place at different points in the timelin but connected by a MacGuffin that essentially gives "Humanity, fuck yeah" powers to its wearer at a great cost.
The lore is inspired by Mormonism, Greek myths, Egyptian myths, Gothic architecture, Victorian folk lore, world war one technology, etc.
Should I dump it? There's a fucking lot.

I guess either here or make a new thread

No, you should make the comic and dump that.

Seriously don't dump it. Summarize it but don't dump. You're going to dump it here for like 5 posts, maybe 3 people will actually read it and comment on it while the rest won't and get on your case for hogging the thread.

If you make a thread dedicated to it thats an even worse move.

Oh, I plan on it when I improve at drawing. I am actually battling years of deviant art-tier art that was misguided by anime so the lore has gotten autistic.
I need to keep running over the lore as I try to improve. I plan on posting exclusively on Holla Forums.
As for starting an new thread I don't feel I have enough good concept art to keep it going. I've only recently gotten to "Semi-decent more realistic than usual anime"
I'll write up the dump in a second. More than anything I want people pointing out what about it is retarded and what isn't.

Sure thing.

This, partially. An artist showed interest in creating this, so I wrote scripts for it, in fact I've essentially finished the scripts and I'm now in the process of proofing them.

I also showed the artist guy some other older scripts I wrote, and we're thinking of going with something else for now, but this is still hopefully planned for.

I remember that thread. Not a bad idea dude. Glad its getting off the ground for you.

Here's a summary then. I'll dump it if requested.
pastebin.com/d8Jy6PHZ
Please tell me how retarded this is and what is good/bad about it.

To add onto this that really is the abridged form. There is a fuckton more and I didn't even go into the actual motivations of the characters or the war of the gods. This is what autism looks like, kids.

Coming back to this, two months later.
Synopsis is still the same. Basically "shonen desk jockey," but I've made a lot of progress on this, and it feels good having something to show.

Real nice.

Thanks, and nice dubs.

This project sounds awesome and I wish you the best, user.

I don't think I can ever finish that project.

Practice man

thats nice to hear.

How do you get good with a tablet anyway? I've never been able to grasp how they fuction.

Off the top of my head, immediate advice would be that you shouldn't think of it the same way you think of working with traditional media. In my experience, drawing with a tablet is almost like "sculpting" in two dimensions. Did you lay down a line too thick? You can "carve" some of that line away to achieve the desired weight and variation. Same goes for fields of color. You can add and remove whatever is necessary without worrying about material buildup or damaging your canvas. Basically just don't restrict yourself to working with it the way you work with pencils and ink pens. The sooner you embrace this, the fewer bad/inefficient habits you'll carry over from traditional media.

This

Show us what you have so far.

Post-apocalysm Cyclist who wants to change the world. Bad/good character?

Here's another project that I've done (not my first post in this thread) though it's pretty much stalled out. The guy who drew Princess Highground does the script read for this.

Wasn't that an indie movie plot?

Check out CTRL+Paint.

Also this

I miss that comic.

Got any more info on the plot?

Well, I'm still thinking in doing an animated series about an old scribble in a fantasy world that reached the industrial revolution explaining the universe he lives in, just as a way to sell or get attention to a project I made a dossier and is, basically, Spaggetti western with orcs, elves and dragons.

I'm even thinking about doing it in english even if english isn't my first language.

This is vulgar, and tasteless.
No I'm not saying that because I find big tits offensive, your comic's script is trash, agenda driven, and creatively bankrupt.
You don't seem to have put any thought into this, beyond
and it shows.

English will allow you to reach people here and on /tg/ more easily.

Not only people of this board, but maybe some more international attention that could allow me find a producer to make it a real project.

The thing is that I'm not sure if my accent will set people off, especially if I try to make more profound accents or even trying to immitate texan accent, but if spanish and italian people managed to do it in the 60s and 70s maybe I could manage myself.

Oh here's another thing!

You'll never improve if you can't take criticism.

You seem to know enough English to get by, you could probably get a native English speaker to help you and iron out any kinks you might have.

Well, I know how to write and if I'm not retarded I probably won't have many mistakes. I can even understand perfectly people who talk in english with me.

The problem is speaking it. You see, I'm spanish, and the problem with the spanish language is that there is only one mute letter in the whole abecedary. So, when we speak spanish we pronounce every letter on the word.

For example, to say thanks, I would use the phonetics of every letter on the word, and I end looking like a fool.

No one cares about that crap.

What is this exactly? All I see is BF1 footage and you guys are talking about a comic or something? The hell is this exactly?

Why not write it in Spanish then get someone to translate it?

It's far too on the nose and over the top in a bad way. Main character's design is the strongest part so far and I got a chuckle out of the crab meat eating and rubbing part.

i've been practicing sculpting in blender, i can't draw but i can model. i have a concept of a character but because i can't draw i'm sculpting him. the AGDG thread on Holla Forums told me about the problems i have, mostly proportions but i still move forward just to see if i could at least get it done. anyways i know anons on Holla Forums know more then a thing or two about drawing, i was hoping if anyone could criticize what i made.

Suffering.
Any tips? And should I post one of the few things I have completed so you can tell me never to put pen to paper again?

Another sketch for the same project as
I'll probably do some slightly more detailed shading on this, and then use it as a template for iterating on basic infantry plating sets.

I should hope so. Improving my grasp on muscular anatomy is something I've been devoting a lot of time to over the last couple years.

Show us what you've got, user. I'd certainly be happy to give advice. I'll say right now, one of the most frequent problems I see with character models built by students/amateurs is a lack of thick-to-thin contrast throughout the figure. The torso and limbs frequently end up looking like tubes because the contrast isn't pushed as far as it needs to be.

Sweet

I sure fucking hope you don't turn that script in to an artist and hope they actually use it. It's beyond garbage and desperately needs a re-write, or even a re-consideration of what you're writing about. Try looking at any fucking video about how to write a script, even the slightest of help or redirection can improve the shittiest of work.

Didnt we used to have a write thread?

Just throwing a last update here with some of the designs as I'm working on this.

Holyshit tell me more about it

Hey fams, just going over this thread real quick to post this comic strips, it's pretty known but a reminder and a source of motivation is good when you're stagnating.

Nice dude.

well here ya go, its above the torso because if i zoom out too far i think you won't be able to see some of the details, most people go after the face but i don't see much of a problem.

Oh god, its the fetus from that one courage episode!

IT aint bad

Fuck off Reddit

This is a quick and dirty sketch, but I think it gets the idea across. It's important to understand that the human face isn't just a bunch of features attached to a ball. It's a series of interlocking shapes and planes. The specifics of those shapes varies from one person to another, and they may be obscured by the overlying skin and fat deposits, but they're all present. A good way to define a character's face is to pick one or two of those planes and emphasize them.

The same goes for the rest of the human body. You need to understand the underlying muscle structure. Once you'e got a character's muscular structure built, you can then fill in the gaps and grooves and smooth over the hard edges to give it a more natural, organic look. The drawing guides thread has some useful material related to muscle and body structure. I've never been over to /loomis/, but I expect they've also got resources you'd find useful.

To add to this, you really should invest some time in learning the basics of 2D art if you possibly can. I've known a number of guys who wanted to go into 3D modelling and were taking courses to that end, and almost every single one of them bitched about the fact that their programs required some basic drawing courses. Thing is, being able to make something look good in 2D is generally necessary in order to get good results in 3D. There are a few artists out there who can just start building in 3D and get a great result, but those are the exception rather than the rule. When it comes to models that were designed from the ground up in 3D (that is, without any 2D draftsmanship involved), they frequently end up with wonky proportions and poorly-defined details. The fact of the matter is that iterating on a character design in 2D is a lot faster and easier than trying to do the same thing with 3D geometry.

Also, for goodness' sake, at least block in all of your character's limbs before you start making detail passes. That'll make it a lot easier to understand (and adjust, if necessary) the character's overall proportions.

polite sage because double-post

End me.

This is a spot on advice. I would recommend reading Loomis (Drawing the Head and Hands and Figure Drawing for All It's Worth in particular) and try to do some things from the books in 3D. Things like pic related will help you get a good grip on planes and prisms that make up body parts.

Indeed. That's part of the reason why concept art is a thing.
And that's some really good stuff in , by the way.

ayy lmao

will it crush heads between them like they were skull of pig?

Why? Why do you hate one of the few good things about that game?

You know Ember was originally a male frame, right?

In the old beta, yes. Lotus originally cursed, and Ash's original art was female. Current ember is female, and current ash is male. As much as I don't like "space kids" it's what is in the game currently, same as ember being a girl is. It's called a retcon.

Male ember doesn't exist anymore, is what I'm saying.

Continuation of for the sake of at least trying to keep this thread on-topic.

I've got nothing against tits, I'm just a sucker for slim, athletic builds. Ember is the only visibly muscular female frame, so I just tried to push that look a little further. Those WIP shots are pretty old, though, and on reflection I probably should accentuate the breasts a little more.

I'm aware, but the only real nod I included to the early version of Ember was giving my variation a primitive version of the Phoenix helmet, which was originally the default helmet.

Kek. The official asset for Ember has these weird armored cages around the thighs which add an appealingly baggy pants-like quality to her silhouette, but don't really serve any clear purpose. I filled in the shape and added a pair of accelerant canisters to each shell to indicate that their purpose is something to do with storing fuel for her fire-powers.

At least you fixed her tranny like face Satan.

Nice

Writing without motivation only leads to poor quality. I'd suggest moving on to something else you're actually excited about and see if that helps get the juices flowing again, doesn't matter what it is. You got a short story or a vignette you want to do, do it. You got a really dumb thing you want to write, do it.

That's the only real advice I can give. I'd read what you got but I'm a shit writer myself and should never put pen to paper either.

Then read more.

Blender?

Got some variations worked up. These guys are a fun challenge to work on, as I want them to visually come across as a neutral force. The idea is that they should have the capacity to look reassuring or intimidating depending on context. I've also tried to keep the overall shaping and color blocking of their gear fairly simple, so that detail can be omitted as necessary without compromising the overall look of the design.

(good get)
Is this referring to the character design threads like a year and a half ago?

Sculptris Alpha 6, essentially a free, cut-down version of ZBrush released by the same company. As far as I'm aware, it hasn't been updated in a few years. It's bare-bones, but it's great for someone like me who understands sculpting but has no clue how to operate a real 3D CAD program.

I read a lot, but between all the work I have to do for my education and other various activities, I haven't sat down to read a proper book in a long time. I think a great deal of that is because I haven't really found any that interest me, despite making routine trips to the library.

BASED ADVENTURE FAM
I wish you nothing but success and rad kick flips

he totally is fam

Hey Holla Forums

It's been a year, or so, since I started drawing this comic. I feel a mix of pride, and desire to keep improving. The first chunk of the comic is rough, before I start getting a feel for things like writing, visuals, panel layout, etc, but I just finished the 52nd page yesterday.
It's a good feeling. Having stuck to this project this long, with no signs of quitting and a desire to see it through to the end, even if it takes a decade.

I've also figured out a lot more things, lately, that'll speed up the pacing. The biggest being using three rows as the template for panels, can't believe it took me this long to realize that.

As far as the day to day grind?
Just been working on my shit, more. Have to solidify the script for the rest of this chapter, with this new knowledge in mind, and thumbnail the next few pages.

Can we see?

endgamewastaken.tumblr.com/post/149534346301/

I operate on a buffer, so the current most recent page was done 4 weeks
And my tablet broke today, so no idea how long it'll be until I get it repaired.

Not bad.

This is fucking hell. Having my tablet be out of commission and waiting for the replacement to ship. I've literally structured my entire life around this comic, for the past year. I'm legit kind of starting to lose it, at this point.

Thanks.

endgamewastaken.the-comic.org/
tapas.io/series/End-Game-Was-Taken

Never mind.

What the hell is tapas.io?

right now I'm developing a 3d animation workflow and logic to emulate traditional animation. I've got it down pretty good at the moment and it cuts out half the work that goes into traditional animation, maybe more. I also expect it to look even more like traditional animation than what you see in Xrd and FighterZ due to a few neat tricks.

Here's a rough example of a character I threw together earlier and an even rougher animation I did a while back that only took a couple of minutes. I figure I'll do a few projects with this animation then later release some tutorials on how to do it. It's crazy just how quick and easy the whole thing is.

you need to learn anatomy, proportions, and a working from big to small. start at a low resolution, get the shapes right till you don't have much wiggle room, then increase it.

Don't worry about it.

A shitty popular site. I only upload there for potential exposure. ComicFury is the best site to read it on (UI, load times, aesthetics), but I wanted to cover all my bases.

Nice, got any more?

She reminds me of Renamon for some reason.

the thin frame, long ears, and large legs definitely have a similar silhouette to renamons… though I wasn't trying to hard at the design. I was seeing how little work I could put into it and still get a decent rendered model.There was also another quick doodle I did of her where she had more human features.

I did start watching Tamers not to long ago and I think it's rubbing off on me.

Sorry my dudes, I completely forgot about this project I had going on..
Have a shitty doodle.

Well Reddit, its a pretty decent drawing.

Hey Holla Forums let me ask you something, I want to start taking commissions and I know most of the demand is going to be for pornographic images, which I don't have a problem with, but what makes me uncomfortable is since this is going to be done over the internet I'm not really going to know what these people's ages are. How liable am I for someone else lying about their age in order to use my services? How do other artists deal with this?

Same

Currently writing a bible for my story. I'm doing it so I don't cheat my way out of shit.

Neat, what's it about?

Doesn't look too shabby

Do tell.

Story is mainly set in three distinct time periods, though one is only used for background for setting up future events.

First period is set in that worlds prehistory, where elves, dragons, faeries, avians (bird people basically), and dwarves inhabit the planet, ruled by the Royal Elf Hierarchy. Elves and neanderthals have children, which gives way to humans. The queen's daughter refuses to allow humans access to magic, despite having elvish genes. After 150 years, this leads to a civil war between her forces and the humans, who, with the help of a demon, who presents himself as the judeo-christian devil, giving the humans demons, supernatural entities and creatures.

Second act concerns Merlin and his daughter. Third act concerns the original queen's return from her deep space travels and her persecution of humanity after the use of nuclear weaponry went unimpeded.

Good start.

How long have you been working on it?

Could use some more work.

Thank you!

A long time. I've been brainstorming for a while.

Writting a space adventure story about the mechanic who works aboard the ship, gets a crush on the captain, goes on weird alien adventures involving weird sex fish people, mind reading mush dudes and other stuff (I ain't telling you my whole story. Yall niggas will steal it)

Ok, I'll double your offer.

I've been working on a story about capeshit where the capeshit manifests as something, I'm not quite sure yet what it'll be. I know it's going to center around the 3 "heroes" of some nation I don't know what to call yet, and will follow a sort of monster of the week format every chapter until I introduce the guys that fuck things up. They're gonna be a suicide cult that open a small hole to a pocket dimension where all the capeshit has been leaking out for nearly a century, opening the floodgate to what the capeshit actually is. Turns out the capeshit super power nonesense is a byproduct of some lost tech from a space war between Nazis and an alien menace that learned how to manipulate reality to a point where things started becoming unstable. The Nazi forces had a program where they used captured enemy soldiers to fuse men to machines, and used the enemy commanders to form the "berserker class" only 3 of which were ever created. The three "heroes" possess half the powers of what they once had, and the ones locked away are free to attempt to destroy them to prevent the universe from collapsing in on it's self at an infinite rate. The three fragments have the most broken shit like time reversal, gravity manipulation, and atomic arrangement manipulation. It ends with the time manipulation person being attacked by another one so rapidly that they both reach an infinite speed and stop time in place at said infinite rate at the point of singularity where the split when the aliens first crafted their shit.

Nobody fucking cares about giving away the entire story, especially if you're as shit a guy for coming up with ideas as I am. Everyone's working on their own shit, some will finish it, some won't, but nobody cares about your story enough to copy it until it's done.

Tablet is back. Hiatus over.

sketch-armstrong.tumblr.com/

That's where I dump most of the crap I draw.

Here again, Bible is almost done! 75% completed!

Any updates?

Not bad user.

Got anything else?

bump

Doing an avatar fanfic with Spark, the world's worst firebender.

I'm sort-of-but-not-really working on a couple of things.

One is a semi-historical, dark fantasy comic set in 11th century Sweden. The protagonist is a guy from a viking village. The village is destroyed by a Christian missionary out of spite after the mc humiliates him in some way. Due to luck or implied divine intervention, the mc survives and swears revenge.
I'm currently trying to read up on life in medieval Scandinavia, norse mythology and how the process of Christianization worked in detail. My problem is that there's a lot to cover, and I don't know how to find sources that aren't behind a paywall or a 1500-page book.

The other project is a little thing called "Gotham 911, a story focusing on a patrol officer who tries to deal with his failing marriage, his father who suffers from Alzheimer's, and the general craziness of Gotham City. I want to try to explore how a real person would cope with living in Gotham, as well as the police's relationship to Batman. I have an outline for a script, I just need to write it. And someone to draw it.

The third thing is my opus magnum, basically Game of Thrones with the mafia. I've been working on it since 2012, and still stuck at the second chapter. I have everything outlined, but I'm still struggling with the structure, and I haven't really been happy with anything I've been writing recently.

It better be a comedy

I can't read it, too small.
Xeno/gray princess look cute though.

since /fanfic/ is dead as fuck, does anyone mind if I share my vidya fics ITT?

Only if I can share mine.
You don't want me to share mine

I do now

you asked for it
fanfiction.net/s/11866793/1/Miniontale
is finished and
fanfiction.net/s/12544000/1/Baby-Blue
I haven't been able to work on lately
:^)

Kys my good fam

Good shit

you too mate

This is art.

no, not art
kino

Hey Holla Forums

Well me and my buddy have started making comics. We just started the first 2 which establish 2 things. The big avenger type team and essentially our deux ex machina to give characters weird powers when we don't feel like writing a backstory. It's coming along pretty fine so far with me writing and him drawing

Pics?

Cool!

Sounds like crap.

Any updates?

Mind dumping more?

trying to work out most of the construction phase from my art at the moment so I can get a comic together a little faster. So far this is my art without gesture and construction. I don't know if it's serviceable enough for a story yet.

Pretty good
The top-down on the right seems a bit overexaggerated in the arms(and I can only just barely call that a problem), but other than that you're on track

cool, feels like I'm going back to chicken scratch sketching but it gets the work done a lot faster and as long as I'm consistently mirroring the drawing I seem to be getting a decent result. I appreciate the feedback

Neat, keep up the work.

Right wing Star Trek, that's what I'm working on.

I made this meme face and I post it everywhere. My project is a success.

I've only ever seen it on The Escapist, where it's your avatar.

Bullshit you just saw it here on Holla Forums. Checkmate Escapee.

epyc wynn is meme god

Meh. Truthseeker was better and I hated his guts.

ebin

Was he the guy he promoted Transhumanism?

factseer was better than truthseeker

What next realityseen? Clever name conventions nameflags.

time for realityseen

Truthseeker, Factseer, and Realitseen were wiser than us all. They are the holy trinity of users. Some way they transcended their status as people and became one with the Internet just as Alan Turing did.

The hell?

How about 实been?

Meet Gay SuperGodKing Rulyman™ from "The Ballad of Gay SuperGodKing Rulyman™"

literally no one knows who you are

Aren't you the retard who got dropped out from KYM than managed to anger ED so much they doxxed your sorry ass? I still has your personal stuffs amigo

Ah fuck I really ignored this thread for a while shit. Unfortunately I can't show anything from the actual comic as I don't have any pics. I'm just the writer. My buddy does the art and is a few pages in. I do however have quick sketches of a few of the more important heroes and villeins so far. So if you want me to dump some of those I'd be pretty cool with it.

Then show some green.

Hell yeah

slacking on my projects but here's a sketch

I need more practice.

Focus on the legs.

Looks like the post-modern Awesome face.

a repo man

also, fantasy story #1055

Some story about god giving my MC and a few others a second chance due to drawing their names out of a hat. Probably been done before but hell I still wanna do it

Is it serious or a comedy?

Got anymore?

depends on what you want

Anything really.

i dont draw as much as i should

You should, you're good at it.

it's nice that you think so

You art looks really good. I'm jelly cause I can never do sharp angular style correctly.

GET BACK TO DRAWING DAMMIT!!! DON'T WASTE THAT TALENT!!!!

Me neither. Let's draw more.

RIGHTEOUS. add me on discord lambchops#1088 if you want, i need more art dudes to talk to

Can't you just fuck off already?

Sent, i'd be happy to talk to you, i'm Salmiakki#3395 if you're interested.

Im getting Vietnam flashbacks of all the generals/ projects i've been apart of that have died off because of sites like Skye, Discord or IRC bringing all the activity to a closed community killing the thread/ purpose of the project forever.

Oh, and here's a perfect sketch of some girlie i'm drawing, ain't she cute?

Master Magicia who is on call to solve the US government's magic born problems (Indian curses ect.). Master Magician's partner/sidekick has studied countless fields of magic… and can't actually use any of them.

It's not too bad when you use it as a chat machine, and if you forget the privacy issues.

At least it looks palatable.

You're gonna spend a LOT of time on it though. Do you even realize how much time it takes to make even like 3 secs of scene? Google it up

All I am gonna say is you have a lot of work ahead of you.

A couple of animated projects. One's nearly finished, its just a demo reel with cowboys. The other is basically a series of bumpers to go along with weekly streams of horror cartoons. Mainly just need to set a day aside to do the voice work.

That ain't half bad.

how do you create your characters? just write down all their shit in a white page? character profile sheets?
Any good character profile sheets out there?