4 new episodes were release last night

4 new episodes were release last night.
Space rocks are retarded for being ancient space faring race
yellow diamond is easily foreshadowed to be the person who killed pink diamond, rose must of known or was gonna meet with pink diamond about earth and happen to be an easy scapegoat for yellow diamond to use
lars becomes a lion like after dying and revived by steven's healing tears but can't return home because he can't go threw his own hair portal shit literally worst character

Why the fuck would healing give him lion powers?

Because the lion is pink diamond, you dumb fuck.

Jesus christ.

I knew the staff would pussy out. Writing characters with flaws and depth is too hard and scary. Better just make Rose 100% good in every way, can't risk losing the tumblr audience.

ya

tumblr.

The one about Lars actually not being a fucking pussy was nice.
Always nice to have some "humanity fuck yeah" moments.
The six gem fusion was kind of disgusting to be honest.

And yeah, everyone knew Yellow Diamond was the one that killed the Pink, it was clear as day, come on.
The only good moment was Lars actually dying and then getting resurrected and growing a pair.
The rest was pretty shit, honestly, maybe the exception being the double flawed gal (not the fusion).

Dyke Destroyer Sugar would never do this but I secretly hope Blue Diamond was the one who killed Pink Diamond and is using sadness to cover shit up.

Fucking excuse me?

I thought he turned into a lion, you faggot, I was misled!

Eh, this I don't really mind. He wasn't healed, he was brought from the dead. He's got a part of Rose Quartz in him now, makes sense for him to have special powers.

When they said they have room for one more 'if they meet the right gem' I became slightly nauseous from the sheer degeneracy. She is a living orgy.

I said lion like not A lion.

WHY NOT JUST SAY HE TURNS PINK?!

Stop making threads for this show.

he turns pink he also gains the portal hair ability probably the teleportation ability as well but that is unknown.
thus a shitty human version of lion

That would have actually been something interesting. It would mean that even though Steven can revive people/gems from death then there would still be a permanent consequence and it wouldn't just revert to the status quo after 15 seconds of weeping. Can't have that on the Sugar Shitshow!

Reminder that dykes are more represented in domestic abuse than other couples.

Was he revived with the finely ground ashes of the lion or some shit? That still doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile on Earth they go out of their way to sabotage Ronaldo's life.

the fucks wrong with that ones ears?

I'm still watching but I think I'm just becoming less and less emotionally invested in this story. It meanders too much, and I'm not sure how to say it but although it tends to address its I guess you could say climatic issues, it handles them in a rather anti-climatic way. Like it kind of builds things up, like these last few episodes of Steven being taken to home world and going on trial, and things do happen, but I just don't feel that engaged. I'm not not enjoying what's happening, but it's just sort of an "okay" experiences. I guess I'm just usually left with a feeling of wishing I had gotten more.

Lars' development was probably the strongest thing about these episodes, though I guess I also found it a bit jarring. Steven said it had been days, which makes more sense for Lars' change, but it felt like it had been less than a day. I hate how vague I'm being, but again it just feels like although stuff happened, it doesn't feel like much happened.

I mean sure having more serious negative consequences might have been more interesting but he is pink now, and magical, and it's not like turning him into a lion wouldn't have been fucking retarded and made no sense.

"A shitty human version of lion" is more clear than just saying he becomes a lion like.

Watched it, and gotta say it accomplished nothing. The idea of Yellow Diamond being the one to murder Pink was brought up by a literal no-name character so you know it's going completely vindicate Rose in the end because can't have complex characters (even though it would make her keeping countless secrets completely fucking pointless),
After the shitty trial which accomplished nothing and revealed nothing new that couldn't be inferred earlier, we got a fucking glimpse of homeworld surface before instantly thrown into the garbage pit of retard characters with a whiny pearl-garnet, a giant old woman orgy caterpillar, some admittedly hot looking twins, and a literally retarded sapphire but red. There was more crying, then Steben made it home at hte end of the episodes and then everyone cries some more.

Definitely not worth the wait, I just want this fucking show over.

You and every other user that watches this needs to go back to /r/stevenuniverse.

don't you mean, >>>/sugen/

Nope, pretty sure I meant reddit.

Fuck off wesley

At least questionable content is relevant

You might as well stop watching entirely then. I remember feeling that way about QC or somewhat more recently homestuck, both times I decided on a whim to delete the bookmark and browser history, never went back, never found out how hs ends. The headspace gets claimed by other things pretty fast, you won't miss it

Wait, this is the show that everyone hates? That clip looked totally fine. Better than Adventure Time at least.

Some people are speculating that pearl was the one who did it. Assuming she was pink diamond's pearl.

She too uses a sword and is close enough to pink diamond.

It makes no sense that being revived by some lowly gem soldier imbues mortal beings with cosmic space lion powers in the first place. I guess it solves the mystery of the Lion having special powers (would have been more interesting if it were the salvaged remains of Pink Diamond, if you ask me) but it doesn't explain why gem tears turn things pink and give them a pocket dimension in their hair or teleportation powers.

All I saw was a screenshot of the thing and it still made me sick to my stomach that such a repulsive thing was meant to be some kind of polyamory allegory.

Dude.
That would be actually clever.
Obviously they aren't going to do it.

Beside, if it was her she wouldn't have pushed for the trial to continue.
I will admit thought I was hyped for this kind of scenario for a total of 0.5 seconds.

Did they intentially make the orgy gem big and disgusting

Like so many other things SJWs do, they likely intended for it to be a poetic and intelligent allegory for how love can be beautiful, regardless of the shape it takes, with a dash of body positivity tossed in. Like we're supposed to see this mishapen horror and think "Awww!~ She's a living embodiment of a 6 way orgy of love~♥"

Instead, they created a repulsive, physical embodiment of degeneracy.

Rose is kind of pink, so they turn pink. Everything else is just stupid magical shit and I agree with you, I'm just saying turning him into a lion would have been stupider magical shit. I'm still thinking lion is pink diamond.

I've done this with other things, but for now SU is just a nice time waster.

Oh yes, not to mention how it's 100% supposed to be polyamarous since she even said she's on the lookout for more to add to the collective. At what point do you need consultation for help so you stop thinking adding more to your disgusting pile is a good idea? I'm beginning to understand why fusions are persecuted if this is what happens when it's allowed to happen unchecked.

Holla Forums hates it because of how much tumblr likes it. And because it's one of the closest things the west has to an action series right now and they're all butthurt over that as well.

Legit surprised about what was blatantly telegraphed in the trial. I thought the whole pink diamond thing was just a combination of secret shame and touchy subject.
Now we have a more specific reason YD wants earth destroyed.

Also never would have expected this show to have a human die, even if it was for less than a minute.

Padparadscha is adorable. Aquamarine is an adorabitch.

I personally don't like Steven universe that much because steven's an idiot who doesn't learn, he never asks questions any normal person would ask, and the pacing would just be ruined by filler episodes. (i.e. a world ending event will occur soon and they decide to have a couple of episodes finding out more about side characters who really aren't that important)

Hey there tumblr. Or are you reddit?

I think it's less because tumblr likes it and more that it's full of faggy shit, which is why tumblr likes it.
I'm not sure, but I think I might hate you.

I can agree with your second point, I'm the user that said the show meanders too much, but I don't think your criticism of Steven is fair or accurate. If you just want to say he's an idiot fine, the little bastard never went to school, but he does learn and grow throughout the show. As far as his powers, he's grown far stronger and more competent with them, him not knowing how to control his powers isn't really even much of a factor anymore. I might say that part of his growing has been part of one of the things I haven't liked, after learning more about his mother and the gem stuff he's gone into a bit more of an angsty phase. There's was a small arc where he was questioning his existence and why his mother created him and I just found it poorly written and uninteresting.
And I'm not sure what you mean by the never asking normal questions, I remember that being a complaint in a jokey 3 minute youtube review video, you mind being a little more specific. I think I remember from that video one of the normal questions was "where did this lion come from?" But the answer would have just been we don't know, and when they learned that lion belonged to Rose it still wasn't like they knew anything else about it.

Hello, Trumblr.
Fuck off. The reason we hate it is because it's a show that should of been aimed at children with fun adventures that is instead aimed at 30-year old female NEETs with a Bachelor of Arts who cry and whinge on the internet that their made up gender isn't being appealed to, and cling onto a children's show as the only thing that truly understands their inner struggles.

If you're going to come in here and shit the place up, at least change up your posting style so it doesn't instantly stand out as copy-pasted from your shithole of a blog.

Oh right, I've been saying this for ages, but apart from I think the start of season 4, where he starts questioning events which happened. he just doesn't ask questions about the alien race, why he's fighting them, questions about homeworld.

Even if he was raised differently he's still human and people, especially teens are really inquisitive. and it's not like it's something minor, it's a huge thing that's a big part of his life, a place he'll never see.

I mean I would forgive this if they'd just show them asking steven.

His mastery of his skills also sorta feels off to me. It doesn't really promote itself as right. he barely practices, and these abilities just land right in his lap. and when he does earn them he's never really shown practicing wor utilising them. they just come and go when the plot requires it.

The recent episodes however are a definite step up. I hope this level of quality will continue, but they'll probably just start playing golf or whatever while lars is probably off suffering somewhere in that cave on homeworld

I mean I would forgive this if theyd show steven asking them and maybe having them brush it off or something**

I don't know how i forgot half a sentence

I do think part of that was just with how he was raised, not being told anything important, but I agree they should have been clearer about what the gems didn't want to discuss with steven. Like Pearl was upset when Garnet showed Steven the kindergarten, but prior to that she had given him the lapis mirror that was supposed to tell him about gems and their culture, if Steven had asked where gems come from he probably would have found out about the kindergarten that way.
Like in a way I feel it's less the fault of Steven as a character and more the writers trying to keep things secret from the audience as well.

As for the practices, there has been implied practicing and missions that have been happening. Like they showed him and Connie were training together in that "Here Comes and Thought" episode, and the episode where Steven and Connie went on their first mission by themselves with Pearl overseeing it.

Best Lars will likely ever be given his crummy development these past 4 seasons. I thought they were going to change things up with Lars' sacrifice but I expected too much out of the show. Pulling another power out of nowhere. Kind of aggravating given all the new power episodes he's been given and he barely uses them after those episodes. A very convenient way out for a dire situation.

Echoing everyone's opinion; it meanders on useless side characters and lacks consequences to feel invested. If these side characters were caught in the crossfire of the gem battles or contribute something, I could see their purpose and wouldn't mind them. Though, most of the time, it's a singular episode that slows down the show and makes you realize how horrible the people of Beach City are. Onion who is suppose to the be the bad apple of the bunch is more likeable than Sadie or Ronaldo. It's no wonder the Diamonds want to destroy Earth if these are the people that live on it.

That plot point where Mr. Universe gets a ton of money for song royalties didn't go anywhere. Just a musical episode with pearl where they waste their money and a ship that gets sunk by Lapis and Peridot. I'm sure they didn't plan that "list" from the earlier episode and wanted some way to get Steven to Homeworld. All that to really telegraph who the real perpetrator of Pink Diamond's killer was and absolving Rose of all blame in one episode. It's one step forward and two steps back as the show progresses onward. Mix of brilliant and rushed ideas, maybe in fear of inevitable cancellation.

So from what I'm gathered from reading all the spoilers (because I fucking refuse to watch this pig shit of a show after the male "allies" episode) nothing of any real importance happens.

Oh sure you had a trail and we got introduced to more gem characters but none of this is gonna matter in the long run because the writers flat out REFUSE to have any of these lore building episodes have any real impact on the show.

For example, Peridot betraying Yellow Diamond should have carried a lot more weight than it actually did, but instead it is ignored, same with Jasper and Bismuth telling Steven about Pink Diamond, he should have started asking questions right then and there but nope! That would actually move the plot forward and we can't fucking have that now can we?

Make up your goddamn minds hack writers, do you want this show to be a slice of life show or not? Because it's clear you're too incompetent to even try and do both.

Also Lars' character "development" was such a fucking joke, he was always written as an irredeemable ass who didn't care about anyone but himself but now all of a sudden he "gets" Steven because he got captured by the Gems and ended up becoming a literal Dues Ex Machina to end this shitty arc.

Goddamn I need a drink.

It almost feels like a scam, doesn't it? Like they could write one cohesive story with little filler and nothing but solid character growth and development… Or they could write dozens of shitty episodes that focus on meaningless side characters and feelings and drag the series out for 10 more seasons, keeping the audience strung along with the occasional shocker episode or some fanservice in the form of actually having shit happen.

you think a 3 minute clip is representative of the whole series? Most of it is garbage. It's either completely meaningless with quirky humor, or driving home some political or social point. Even I'll admit that was an okay scene. Gem Harvest paints a good picture of what the show really is as well as the kind of people making it.

Also, to anyone who values family or traditions it's sad as fuck. Just realize they paint the wrong as right and right as wrong.

I think you should be more mad at yourself for believing it.

So wait? Lars now like a Super Faggot now?

The fact you don't watch the show is showing. user, you're better off either ignoring it entirely or going full masochist, not playing the in-betweens.
The show is shit but Lars has slowly been getting redeemed for a while. Redeemed by the show's standards, anyway. He's still a little bitch.
Also it's not really a Dues Ex Machina; the gem technology that allowed Lars to beat the alarm things was foreshadowed way back when Steven was mostly immune to other types of Homeworld technology because he's organic.

Look, I really did try okay? I've tried time and time again with this show, but that male "allies" episode with Rolando was my breaking point, oh sure a lot of people gave up when Andy showed up, but not me! I was the idiot who stayed around for a couple more episodes because I foolishly thought that there was some merit to this awful show.

Also I find it hard to believe Lars could be redeemed, he was always written to be such a whiny annoying bitch that I honestly started to wonder what Sadie saw in him and you have a better memory than I do because I completely forgot Steven was meant to be a half breed because the show's writers were too busy wasting my goddamn time with filler and agenda pushing.

And what boggles my mind even more is the fact that there are people out there who legit think this show has good writing. How anybody out there can look at this show and say it has good writing is beyond me, the writing on this show is the best example of how not to world build and develop characters.

It's pretty obvious that you don't understand what redemption, character development, or foreshadowing are.

Same user.

but let's compare this with Goku. Goku acts wierd and is ignorant because of his upbringing. It's explicitly known that he acts this way because of his isolationism.

Steven on the other hand, his behaviour makes no sense. He hasn't been sheltered to this extent. He interacts with other people, he has loads of free time, he watches TV all the time, this sort of behaviour doesn't really make sense at all.

And as for the training, I assume he only does combat training like, once a week with connie, I'll have to rewatch the some parts cause it's been time but or have someone else bring me up to speed with this.

It happened slowly and terribly, but it did happen. Lars went from being just a jackass to slowly showing he was just trying way too hard to fit in and act cool. He used to be friends with Ronaldo but he drifted away from him because Ronaldo wasn't cool. He keeps trying to get closer to the cool kids, and only acts like an ass because he thinks that makes him cooler. But then he slowly and inconsistently developed to take it easy and be himself more rather than care too much, and that he's a better person to be around when he's just trying to be himself rather than purposefully being a jackass.
Like I said, the writing here is terrible, but this did exist. He did have character development.
Also if the first thing that came to your mind when those things popped up and started scanning for gems wasn't that Lars was immune to it like Steven was to the prison walls or that poofer-thing from the space ship forever ago, you're a fucking retard.

This show still alive? What happened to the thread that said it was dead?

And that's another problem I've noticed with the show's writing, it is so goddamn inconsistent that it borders on fan fic levels of cop outs.

Take the Amethyst episode with Jasper, Amethyst gets put in charge and wants to goof off instead of train, Jasper attacks and Steven and Connie beat her because they take training seriously.

Then comes the Bismuth episode, where Steven pretty much tells Bismuth that constantly training for an attack from homeworld is pretty much pointless and that you have to be more laid back, so they end up eating pizza and watching anime.

It's mind boggling how shit the writing on this show actually is, Steven goes from someone who treats a serious situation very seriously in one episode and a dumb kid who would rather goof off in the next!

only thing deader than the show itself.

I think it's just CN floundering in general because they spammed Teen Titans Go so much even people who liked it are sick of it by now.

You know there is a middle ground between training 24/7 and not training at all, right?

Not him, but when you meet an important ally, your first instinct isn't gonna be "HEY! WE GOTTA GOOF OFF AND BE SILLY". No, Steven should have shown bismuth what HE'S GOT in THE VERY LEAST. If he's not gonna train, he should have at least shown her his moves, and he did, just not in the way he should have. I do feel if they fought in a friendly way and trained with each other, they would have grown more understanding, closer and he wouldn't have needed to poof her. She didn't trust Steven, which is why she thought he was still rose quartz.
They needed to build a relationship in the best way bismuth knew how; Through fighting.

Well yeah, of course. and he goes for the extreme of not training at all and goofing off.

I don't really watch DBZ. We might have had this same argument before here on 8/co/. I could probably try really hard to analyze steven and rationalize everything about him, probably just end up saying something similar to what I already said, but there can be a detriment in trying to hard to apply logic to a cartoon, a cartoon that probably doesn't take itself as serious.
God help me if I have to argue about the gem's alien understand of morality again.
I've already agree with you to a point, I'll just say I'm not as bothered by steven.

I disagree, it was just discussed how he does train and go on missions albeit not always on screen. And I wouldn't say Steven has been inconsistent in regards to how seriously he takes things, you can still think of it as poor writing but he's always taken things seriously to a point, if there's no immediate threat, putting greater importance on not overexerting oneself. They're still in danger of homeworld, but there's no indication of an invasion tomorrow, so although training is important, steven would also say it's important to enjoy life while you can.
He acted the same way during the cluster thing when he told peridot to relax and play music with him after a hard days work, when the earth itself was in danger of being destroyed by the cluster, a lot of anons were pissed about that too. Anons want the show to be more serious, to take its problems seriously, "the world is gonna be destroyed, they should be worried," but the writers are like "Guys this is a cartoon, we want to have a camp out episode." It's just whether you enjoy that or not I guess whether you consider that poor writing.

I don't think that would have mattered. Bismuth wanted to shatter gems and Steven was just as apposed to that as his mother, it probably would still have lead to the same conflict.

They should've just stuck with a smaller cast of people when doing character development. I always found episodes based around lars and sadie far more interesting than ONION

That episode will never not be sad for all the wrong reasons.