Islamic Golden Age

In a previous thread (>>8676699), I had asked about the hypothesis thrown about here that other civilizations propelled (Islamic societies in) the Islamic Golden Age. I was given a few leads and am here to follow those up. These are my findings.

The sculpture is of Omar Khayyam, a Persian polymath who lived the Islamic Golden Age.

PART I OVERVIEW
When I endeavored to break down and categorize the ethnicities of Muslims, based upon the list given here: wiki/List_of_Muslim_scientists
archive.is/dWbvi
I had intended to focus on the Islamic Golden Age, but ended up categorizing all Muslims scientists/scholars/theorists/etc from its earliest point to its latest.

PART I METHODOLOGY
All places labelled x*1/2 indicates a place where the wikipedia page gives multiple ethnicities, where x indicates the number of that found, e.g., Persian has 5 cases where the ethnicity was not 100% certain. There were two pages of scientists that had >2 listed ethnicities. The "Unknown" category comprises people whose place of birth was only given or their nationality. Ethnicities followed by the parenthesized word "modern" are to demarcate an ethnicity that may have changed racially/ethnically from the past to the modern time. Ones with quotation marks are ones where I also indicate nationalities, like the "Unknown" category. Finally the closer to modern times I got the more I let nationality and ethnicity to blur, except in specific cases of Muslim citizens of European countries. I use "Turkic" antonymously~ to (modern), i.e., it represents a possible archaic ethnicity distinct from modern Turkey, which is placed in the "Turkish" category. I calculated the total as n+(x*1/2)/2. This is how it broke down:

Persian: 5*1/2+38
Iranian: 5+2*1/2
Iranian (modern): 1/2+4
Sindhi: 1
Kurdish: 2+2*1/2
Greek: 1+1/2
Armenian: 1/2
Albanian: 1/2
Syrian: 1/2
Turkic: 4*1/2+1
Turkish: 4
Arab: 7*1/2+16
Unknown: 32
"Central Asian": 1
"North African": 1
"Ottomam": 3
Abkhazian: 1
Egyptian: 2
Egyptian (modern): 8
Jewish: 2
"Andalusian": 3
Moroccan: 3
"Mamluk": 1
Tunisian: 2
Tunisian (modern): 1/2
Indian: 1
Indian (modern): 3
Bangladeshi: 4
Pakistani: 13
Jordanian: 1
Bengali: 2
Indonesian: 1
Palestinian: 1
Azerbaijani: 1
Sudanese: 1
Malaysian: 1
Subtotal (n): 160
Subtotal (x*1/2): 13
Total: 173

PART II OVERVIEW
According to wikipedia^1, the Islamic Golden Age spans from the 8th to 13th century (700-1200 AD); similarly, these sources^2, 3 dates it from 750-1258; another source^4 date it from the mid-7th to mid-13th century, essentially the period of Muhummad's death and the Islamic conquest period to 1250. I'm more inclined to use the the mid-8th century as the beginning of the Islamic Golden Age on the basis that the Islamic expansion was the primary goal and focus while scientific/scholarly research and poetry/philosophy were secondary.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/EiSvf
archive.is/S59oM
archive.is/q4LTG
archive.is/8J4zb
archive.is/qL2Pk
archive.is/O3Y9D
archive.is/adWrR
archive.is/vnTJ5
archive.is/v3zGm
archive.is/qi4uf
archive.is/JnHK5
archive.is/OA0Oy
archive.is/5Aj30
archive.is/McXIO
archive.is/WDzPK
archive.is/hNw7Y
archive.is/huN3C
archive.is/zwMjL
archive.is/fQGUd
archive.is/C5YdP
archive.is/91VH2
archive.is/ESzaR
archive.is/BrQ4q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Biruni
archive.is/LStbm
archive.is/4W6sc
archive.is/aapvF
archive.is/DYnXN
archive.is/8O1qC
archive.is/rTEHs
archive.is/unlu3
archive.is/U7Ll2
archive.is/NDsN5
fasebj
archive.is/se5YT
gatestoneinstitute
archive.is/mv6ng
islamichistory
archive.is/Zge9w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasanian_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukhtishu
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y#t=2m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc5f9_YoFk
archive.is/pzahJ
answering-islam.org/Shamoun/possessed.htm
answering-islam.org/Silas/demons.htm
billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_of_Aegina
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PART II METHODOLOGY
There is a lot carried over from the first part's methodology. The quotation marks, the x*1/2; however, as I had gone through wikipedia's list a second time, I decided to give a supplement to the 1/2's with which ethnicities were indicated; these are found after the single ethnicity categories. Additionally, I listed all the unknowns that any other anons with initiative and a desire to investigate could do so. I added the category "Arab Christian" for the sake of distinction of religion (it should be technically omitted from the statistical analysis). Finally, I listed all Iranians, the "Central Asian", Berber, and the omitted groups of people at the end. The total in this segment is tallied from n+[ethnicity]/[ethnicity].

Persian: 5*1/2+30
Iranian: 4
Kurdish: 1/2
Sindhi: 1
Arab: 5*1/2+14
Arab Christian: 1
Turkic: 1/2
"Andalusian": 5
Unknown: 16
"Central Asian": 1
Egyptian: 2
Berber: 1
Tunisian: 1
Jewish: 2
Subtotal (n): 78

Arab/Persian: 4
Arab:/Kurdish: 1
Persian/Turkic: 1
Arab of Egyptian Origin: 1
wiki/Ali_ibn_Ridwan
archive.is/EiSvf
Subtotal: 7
Total: 85

Percentage breakdown:
Persian (n only): 30/78‘≈38%
n+x*1/2: 35/85≈41%
Persian (n) with Iranian: 34/78≈44%
Persian (n+x*1/2) with Iranian: 39/85≈46%
Arab (n only): 14/78≈18%
given all x*1/2 and Christian: 20/85≈24%
Unknown: 16/78≈21% and 16/85≈19%
Non-Arab* (n): 63/78≈81%
Non-Arab* (n+x*1/2 negative**): 69/85≈81%
Non-Arab* (n+x*1/2 positive**): 63/85≈74%

*Here I assume Egyptian, Berber, and Central Asian are not Arab
**Negative means it assumes that the uncertain ethnicities go to the Non-Arabs and positive goes to the Arabs

CONCLUSION
Given Non-Arab percentages, it can be concluded that yes, Arabs and Islamic societies were propelled by other ethnicities. Now the only thing that I have not researched is the distinction between all these ethnicities, e.g., how related are Persians to Europeans vs. Arabs and so on. I would much appreciate it if some other anons could provide the genetic relationships of these groups.

Unknowns:
wiki/Ibrāhīm_al-Fazārī
archive.is/S59oM
wiki/Al-Khazini
archive.is/q4LTG
wiki/Ismail_al-Jazari
archive.is/8J4zb
wiki/Abolfadl_Harawi
archive.is/qL2Pk
wiki/Ibn_Sirin
archive.is/O3Y9D
wiki/Al-Kindi
archive.is/adWrR
wiki/Calid
archive.is/vnTJ5
wiki/Ja%27far_al-Sadiq
archive.is/v3zGm
wiki/Abu_Yusuf
archive.is/qi4uf
wiki/Qabus
archive.is/JnHK5
wiki/Al-Mawardi
archive.is/OA0Oy
wiki/Muhammad_al-Idrisi
archive.is/5Aj30
wiki/Abd_al-Latif_al-Baghdadi_(medieval_writer)
archive.is/McXIO
wiki/Ibn_Jubayr
archive.is/WDzPK
wiki/Al-%E1%B8%A4ajj%C4%81j_ibn_Y%C5%ABsuf_ibn_Ma%E1%B9%ADar
archive.is/hNw7Y
wiki/%27Abd_al-Ham%C4%ABd_ibn_Turk
archive.is/huN3C
wiki/Al-Abb%C4%81s_ibn_Said_al-Jawhar%C4%AB
archive.is/zwMjL
wiki/Abu_Mansur_al-Baghdadi
archive.is/fQGUd
wiki/Ibn_Mu%CA%BF%C4%81dh_al-Jayy%C4%81n%C4%AB
archive.is/C5YdP
wiki/Ishaq_bin_Ali_al-Rohawi
archive.is/91VH2

The ancient Iranians:
wiki/Kushyar_Gilani
archive.is/ESzaR
wiki/Abū_Ja%27far_al-Khāzin
archive.is/BrQ4q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Biruni
archive.is/LStbm
wiki/Al-Sijzi
archive.is/4W6sc

Central Asian: wiki/Abu-Mahmud_Khojandi
archive.is/aapvF
Berber: wiki/Abbas_ibn_Firnas
archive.is/DYnXN

Omission from Golden Age analysis:
wiki/Banū_Mūsā
archive.is/8O1qC
wiki/Marwazi
archive.is/rTEHs
wiki/Banu_Tamim
archive.is/unlu3
wiki/Brethren_of_Purity
archive.is/U7Ll2
2 fasebj

.org/content/20/10/1581.full
archive.is/se5YT
3 gatestoneinstitute

.org/2757/golden-age-of-islam
archive.is/mv6ng
4 islamichistory

.org/islamic-golden-age/
archive.is/Zge9w

There's a book in the reading packs called God's Battalions which examines this subject in part. Basically, the ruling classes of Medieval Muslim countries were ethnically Arab and everyone else was from some other group. Pretty much all the philosophers and scientists were Persians and Kurds. Their leaders were probably too busy spawning inbred bastard soldiers in their harems to care about mathematics. For invading Mediterranean Europe, you know.

Makes you think

there is nothing wrong in debunking openly pushed bullshit with other methodologies.

your explaination would have not won a normie over, op's maybe…

thanks for the effort OP.

Idiot he is Hypothesising that the islamic "golden age" was something that was genetically and ethnically propelled by other civilizations and cultures.

This give us a wedge for the argument "if it wasnt for Islam In its golden age, most mathemathic today would not be as advanced n shiet.

OP, have my mediterranean Bump.
I really want to know more about this as here in the south Europe (Spain) Moors suposedly helped the civilization by bringing lot of agricultural methods and such of that area.

Thats why I need info for devating normies and others on the matter, good luck

Thing is this shit has been debunked so many times, you're saying that because they use Greek texts or that Persians did it it's not Islamic, which is retarded.

Hey TRS.

1. I'm not defending the OP, he's an autist
2. I'm a Muslim so why wouldn't I defend my faith, it totally makes me #sodomitealtright missile xd

Its not disinformation but seeking new ways to explain that bullshit called golden age to normies

if yur so clever then show your data big guy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasanian_Empire

/thread

There are countless texts written in Arabic that were great contributions to academia, texts that contradicted former Latin/Greek texts, or even expanded upon. Discrediting the Middle East as simply copying European texts is intellectually lazy and dishonest.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukhtishu This was a very prominent Assyrian Christian family of physicians, but they also worked with Arabs, both Christian and Muslim, to produce some decent stuff. The argument of genetics falls apart when you realise it was a diverse effort of from Christians to Muslims, Arabs to Assyrians. Everyone contributed, and everyone learned, including Europeans.

Pic related, Hunayn ibn Ishaq's treatise of opthalmology which contradicted European theories and revolutionized the subject

There was no such thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y#t=2m45s

This is some good work, I've wanted to know more about this supposed golden age

You misunderstand the point of this thread. Read it, you low-IQ niggers.

The only Islamic Golden age will be when they're all eradicated.

Consider the following.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc5f9_YoFk

Yes, the "Andaulsian paradise" is only but a part of the debunking of the Islamic Golden Age. A broader debunking is needed.
sage out of politeness

Archive for first thread anywhere?

That is not what I'm doing here.
Christians≠race
Muslims≠race
They're religions, and from my calculations Persians/non-Arabs based on information gathered from kikepedia were the greatest contributors to the "Islamic Golden Age"

archive.is/pzahJ

>>>/islam/
>>>/suicide/
GET THE FUCK OUT

lol mad

underrated post

You do realize that you worship the devil, right?

I'm not in fact. When I suggest you to go to >>>/suicide/ is because you must fulfill your sacred duty of jihad and reclaim the 72 virgins allah (pbuh) have for you.

Don't waste your time here, go to Syria, put yourself a vest full of explosives and kill some shites with a suicide bombing achmed.

Lol, I don't worship the ibliss

al-lat sounds like Allah, but guess what, Arab Christians use Allah to refer to God
There is no evidence to connect jibreel to the ibliss, lucifer, the ibliss was a man put on the level of the angels but disobeyed.

It's not suicide, read al-baqarah, he who dies in the cause of Allah is not truly dead for he is with his lord

Never happened.

Thanks (((trs))) for this BASED muslim thread

Autism

Lol

Not what I'm referring to, shitskin.
answering-islam.org/Silas/demons.htm

Read the thread before posting.

We know shaytan visited the prophets followers and the prophet himself, it's recorded in many surahs, but anyway 1. he doesn't make any deal with shaytan and 2. your site isn't reliable in any way

Muh Quran is reliable but this site isn't.
Right.
LEL
The Gabriel that visited Muhammad was Satan.

The Quran is a perfect book fam

KEK
E
K

You're so inbred that you you're retarded.

crappy fantasy book

*you're

Except I'm a white convert lol, the inbreeding meme doesn't work on me, also find one (1) flaw with Sharia
protip: you cant

epic

He used you're, whats your point?

Yeah, no pork, check mate.

Also, these:
Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

Dude I'm a convert, the inbreeding meme doesn't work on me.
Blaspheming or insulting Islam gets death.

Not an argument xd

KEK
You may a convert but I bet you are still inbred.
Yeah, it is. I like pork. Fuck you, you traitor.

first mistake, also western intervention in the Ummah has fucking destroyed it

Dude are you fucking retarded or something, what's your point with ID's, I'm a Muslim yeah, but I'm also white, a fucking convert so your point is invalid. Only blaspheming or insulting the Rasulullah Muhammed (SAW) or Allah will get you killed.

FUCK Muhammad, the pig-fucker, and FUCK YOU, you traitor. I'll kill every last one of you.
It is clear that you're inbred because you converted to Islam.

In shaa Allah I hope you burn

IMPLYING
You're a traitor to parents and your ancestors. You must have some shitskin DNA in you to convert. Tell me where you live so I can save money to hunt you down. You disgrace to European peoples.

Neither, now give me your address, you fucking coward.

Reported to the FBI and DHS
You're a prime suspect of radicalization
I hope you get arrested at the airport on your way to Syria

This place is a disgrace.

I think it was because of the white Muslim convert's and my "arguing".

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO REPORT ALL TROLLS PUSHING PRO-ISLAM BULLSHIT
At best they're trolling and deserve a visit from the FBI to teach them a lesson. At worst, they're pushing Saudi propaganda and radicalizing NEETs. In 15 days these Islam shills will be in a database and dealt with to the full extent of the law.

I thought that Kurds were basically the niggers of the middle east?

They all think everyone else is a nigger down there. They are all niggers.

Yeah. I miss pre-election 8/pol/, as I'm sure many do. OP clearly put effort into this thread which could have lead to interesting discussion, but instead it's been turned into this steaming pile of shit

Sadly, it was me, OP, who contributed it to being shit.

Medicine is actually one area where the Greeks of late antiquity and the Medieval period also further developed past their predecessors:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_of_Aegina

For what it's worth, I've had a similar train of thought about the Islamic achievements and your data does seem to support it. Historians even believe that much of the Arab conquests happened "by accident" more than by design. They flooded out from Arabia and found lots of crumbling Empires around them, making for easy pickings. It's no surprise that Persians are the real scholars in Islam since, you know, these people have had a history of science and culture long before the first Arab learned how to train a camel.

No, that's just Christians and Jews doing their work on Pagan societies. The Mudslimes only had to clean up a little bit. And race-traitors, psychopathic leadership embraced le merchants and sold out their people.

Middle Eastern religions destroy all nations including those of their birth places.

Iberia at the time was obviously more urbanized than European states with the exception of Byzantium, but there's so much hagiography and mythography about Andalusia, eg:

And so on.

Remember that these narratives, of Muslims treating non-Muslims humanely, kindly and being more civilized, came from non-Muslims (((academics))) who meme'd them into the heads of Muslims like Sadiq Khan who repeat them so often.

There are innumerable references in the Quran where you can't understand without reference to Hadith, so that doesn't make any sense.

C'mon on now.

Something interesting. Ive been reading ibn khaldun al muqqadimma and he speaks about spaniards having a superior intelect though being cucks thanks to the islamic domination