Anti-depressant pills

Are they just a meme? Ive been taking setralin/zoloft for a year now. Should i stop? Is it a weapon of the jew?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/I8EFT
google.com/search?q=zoloft causes murder
youtube.com/watch?v=X53r3zTQJNk
fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/06/briefing/2006-4272b1-01-FDA.pdf
madinamerica.com/2012/02/the-real-suicide-data-from-the-tads-study-comes-to-light/
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00223980.1955.9712992?journalCode=vjrl20
developinghumanbrain.org/12-otc-adderall-alternatives-for-studying/
theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/sep/28/depression-serotonin-neurogenesis
latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-antidepressants-brain-structure-20140918-story.html
scientificamerican.com/article/unraveling-the-mystery-of-ssris-depression/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends.
Do you have OCD ? Anxiety disorder? serious depression ? (Not just temporally sad and a doctor throwing you the pills)
Do you need Serotonin in your system?
What's your dose?

If all of these are yes and your dose is not above 200mg, you are using it for its purpose.

If some shekelstein doctor gave it to you because you were feeling sad and he gave you a 250mg and up, then you shouldn't be using it

Sertraline/Zoloft is the best type of anti-depressant on the market but only if you actually need it, otherwise you're just becoming a happy zombie

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Sertralin increases Serotonin in the system, and it is meant for those lacking serotonin, people with actual clinical depression, and not just "oh no my son is feeling down in the dumps! throw him pills QUICK"

The usual dose is 50mg, for people with heavy OCD its no more than 200mg. Anything more you're just becoming a Happy Zombie living life carefree without worries or sense of danger.

not op, but my meds keep me stable and my therapy is helping me put the pieces back together. I would say if you really want to change, and you're willing to try what the therapists say, I would recommend therapy over drugs.

However!

A lot of therapists are kikes and feed you bullshit that doesn't make sense. If you're going and you think it's a waste of time and they're hack frauds, find a different therapist. I went through 4 until I found my current one. I'm making progress, it just takes time.

I've on a number of anti depressants before. I always stopped taking them after a while because they made me feel detached from reality. I think they did more harm than good for me, in one instance putting me so deep into alcoholism that I'm amazed I didn't die or really fuck up my life.

It always felt better at first or felt like therapy helped. I was in a mental hospital for a couple weeks as well. What I came to realize was the thing that made me feel better was change in my life when I felt down.

If you're prone to depression, find a change that makes you feel better. Rearrange your furniture, go on a cleaning spree in your house, find a new hobby to try, learn to cook well, change jobs. Anything. You don't have to do things you hate, you just need to do something different than what you are doing. I've been off meds for 7 years, and positive changes have always been the best medicine.

Yeah its therapy what will fix the root of the problem. Zoloft just keeps you stable.

Personally i went through intervention therapy when I was 17, didn't really fix it, but thanks to Sertraline/Zoloft it allowed me to intervene the ritual tendencies of OCD to break out of it. I still have OCD today, but it doesn't affect my life or forces me to do rituals. I dropped my Zoloft dosage when I no longer needed it (slowly, not cold turkey) and Today I am fine, I feel better without OCD.

But the pill really is a big help and a very good stabilizer.

I would not take it if I wouldn't have needed it, because the pill makes you not want to sit and read or learn or give you drive, you just feel like doing nothing and relaxing. But it definitely helps stabilize and for people who need it. Obviously don't take them if you don't need them. They're prescription only for a reason.

Instead of Sertraline, we should be discussing the real Jew pills, like Xanax or betablockers. now those are fucking Jew pills to the max. All over-the-counter, of course.

I've avoided anti-depressants because someone told me at a younger age that they become addictive and less potent with time.

Someone wiser tell me if what I know is correct or incorrect.

I found out mine were made in Isreal, I stopped taking them immediately, I had just started coming here and was considering getting off them anyway.

I feel like I can feel emotions again, I will never go back on those pills. Don't fall for it.

I never take pills. It's been years since I even took an aspirin. Last pill I took was a caffeine pill to keep me awake for a long drive.
I dunno mate, I've been fine. I'm no doctor, but I've just always figured the body could take care of itself since that's what it has been doing for thousands of years.

Yeah, No. You have literally and figuratively taken the blue pill.

We have this thread every other day. Holla Forums hates medications. Holla Forums doesn't even take aspirins for headaches, choosing instead the method of pounding the skull with a hammer until the headache is gone.

Also, Jews.

None of the conditions you listed are caused by low serotonin.

I took some nasty shit like that. Effexor. I had to lick myself in my room for 2 days bease the emotional stimulation made want to fight everyone. Bad shit.

see

Not really. Before any kind of legitimate medicine people were dying before they hit 40 from natural causes.

Yeah man, fucking shame on them for taking pills that keep them together at the seams. You can say you shouldn't take them to op and list bad causes, but don't call people out that take them. They aren't meant to solve all your problems.

Holla Forums is not one person newfriend

Keep fighting the good fight guys

Gas yourself moishe stop pushing your pseudoscientific nonsense here

I was on Sertraline and it worked fantastic for when I had depression . The previous medication called venlafaxine didn't do anything for me.

I think you have to have some sort of counseling or therapy alongside the medication or it won't result in permanent improvement of mood.

Another silly myth.
Historical life expectancy is skewed because of infant mortality.
It wasn't at all uncommon for people to live into their 60s and 70s in the middle-ages.

Yeah if they were cucks and didn't go outside

The wizards are all old in tales of old because theyre pussies who stayed indoors jacking off into vials and making potions

ALL THESE FUCKING SLIDE THREADS GETTING REPLIES TODAY
Super fucking mad that Trump is going to disband them.

It's a product of materialism.
It discomforts people who hold science as a sort of religion, to discover that science doesn't understand the mind.
So they try to frame everything in material terms in order to push it under the jurisdiction of science.
They also seem to get a buzz from saying demotivating, spirit-crushing things like "humans are just animals", "humans are the weakest kind of animal, we can't survive without technology", "the brain is just a computer, everything is just a chemical reaction."

My guess is that most of those holding this position are neither very intelligent nor physically well endowed, so by shitting on the human mind and body, they can - in their own minds - pull the strong, the intelligent, the brave etc, down to their level of mediocrity while they sit it out waiting for "muh singularity" and an injection to make them 6`2.

psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/09/13/low-serotonin-levels-dont-cause-depression/
archive.fo/I8EFT

This but it is mostly a product of equality

True, that follows. If they can't compete or ever hope to excel, they can at least devalue excellence, or better still, tar it as an evil.
The Oxbridge boat race comes to mind. Leftists try to attack it each year because it's a symbol of elitism. Not the financial elitism of being a student at the top universities in the World, but the elitism of physical supremacy.

I have blunted affect from taking anti-depressants. Even when I stopped taking them I still suffer from the permanent damage that shit did to me.
Fight depression in natural ways not with pills. The side effects are not worth it.

They're just sugarpills, before I recognized psychology as the jewish sham that it is, my psychiatrist prescribed me all different kinds of antidepressents and I observed no effect whatsoever with any type.

And here's an interview with the leftist who did it.
Worth watching for an insight into the mind of this type of creature.unsurprisingly he's also race-mixer

No they aren't.
They are extremely potent psychotropic drugs with a number of horrible side-effects.

A glass of water has more side effects, they're completely impotent and useless because manufacturing useful pills would cost the pharmaceutical jew more money.

There is next to nothing you will encounter in this life you are not already equipped to handle.

PROTIP: Cacao powder (the bean they make chocolate out of) is a natural anti depressant. It's also extremely high in anti oxidants, so it makes you live longer.

I didn't say they're useful, you fucking idiot.
Go and tell someone who is withdrawing from venlafaxine that their night-terrors, sweats and brain zaps are caused by "sugar."
Go and tell someone on Cymbalta, who can't move without their clothes becoming drenched in sweat, that it's their imagination.
Go and tell someone vomiting blood and bleeding rectally from a bad reaction to prozac, that they're imagining the blood.
Don't talk about subjects of which you know nothing whatsoever.

Sulphuric acid?
Sodium hydroxide?

Nothing conquer us right?

The body can handle exposure to those chemicals, it depends on the dose and the concentration.
Strudels are baked with sodium hydroxide as an ingredient.

I used to be a salesman at Merck, I believe I'm familiar with antidepressants and the bullshit that big pharma had us peddle to sell sugar pills, thanks.

They are. See this thread:

Learn English user, also this

Pick one.

They had us peddle bullshit about a lot of drugs, Vioxx was the only one that became public knowledge.

Nardil is far better, especially anxiety

When you want to lie it's best to have your story straight or at least vaguely credible.
If you knew that pharmaceuticals were "filled with sugar" then why would you:
a) allow them to be prescribed
b) expect to see any effect.

The pharmaceutical effects of these drugs is well documented, the subjective effects are well documented, the side-effects are well documented and reported by thousands of victims of the psychiatric industry.
You're actually supporting the Jewish fraud by claiming that the meds are "less harmful than a glass of water."
Fuck yourself.

user people who work at best buy usually know dick all about computers so why should anyone expect you to know anything about pills just to sell them? Especially when you consider the companies involved are going to do everything they can to keep the less desirable effects of their pills quiet, why do you expect them to be totally honest with you? What is particularly jarring is you refer to the the information they gave you as "bullshit" you had to "peddle" but you still believe them when they tell you "yeah its totally safe, just sugar".

His story is a shambles. In the first post he made, he claimed to have been prescribed a variety of these drugs and actually tried them out.
Why would someone do that "knowing" that they're "filled with sugar"?
Seems to be downplaying the damage these poisons do to patients.

That's not how sertraline or Zoloft look like. Sertraline is a small white circle pill and Zoloft is a white capsule with a pronounced line in the middle to cut for smaller doses. You're instilling misinformation and fear-mongering instead of actual facts and letting anons formulate their own opinions.

Sertraline/Zoloft is not addictive. However other pills such as Clonazepam are addictive due to their relaxing properties. Some people even take it recreationally. Overall, it depends on the pill.

Sertraline/Zoloft is for people with

Unless you have any of these of course you should not take it. In general you should try and AVOID taking pills, but if the case is clinical the pill is there to be taken as a stabilizer. pills are only to be taken when needed, not recreationally or just because you feel slightly sad. I'd say the same for those caffeine pills. Just brew some coffee.

Briefly put they're there to help when needed not to pop recreationally, and they're there for those who actually need it and not everyone.

Stay off that shit, man.
It just fucked my shit up when I went off them.

Because pharma salesmen have to know how drugs work in order to explain to doctors how they work. It is our job to ensure that doctors know how to prescribe medications safely when we sell the drugs.

I quit before the Vioxx scandal because it was wrong to sell shoddy drugs.
I didn't

Why would someone do that "knowing" that they're "filled with sugar"?
I took the medications before completing school, hence why I said "before I recognized psychology as the jewish sham that it is", because I was prescribed those pills before I worked in the industry.

That is such a comfy word, i could it say it all day long. Strudels, strudels, strudels, strudels, strudels, strudels offensive strudels! HALT STRUDELS! WIR MUSSEN DIE JUDEN AUSTRUDELS!

LOL YOU ARE FUCKING MORON FOR BELIEVING IN TOURETTES DUMB CUNT SHIT. SHITCAKES YOU DUMB CUNT ARE SO DUMB YOU BELIEVE IN ANYTHING. SHIT! SHITCAKES! FUCK!

Depends on the dose. If you take like 200mg you shouldn't ever EVER go cold turkey, always drop it slow by 25mg every three weeks.

Moreover, again, depends on the dose. You should never go beyond 200mg. 50mg is the limit for use as anti-depressant.

No shit you will fuck your shit up if you go cold turkey on ANY pill above 25mg

What side effects do you suffer from? out of curiosity.

Vioxx isn't even a psychiatric medication.
Then why did you waste your money filling the prescription and your time eating the pills?
That doesn't even follow. Psychologists don't prescribe meds, psychiatrists do. Your story now completely falls apart.

I'll trust people who've dedicated their lives to the field and my own personal experience over some Alex jones tier retard on a Uzbeki throat singing board

>>>/reddit/ is back the way you came.

HAHAHAHA YOU SHITCAKES IT WAS REAL IN MY MIND! SHITCAKED FUCK SHIT! FUCK SHITCAKES. GOARD ERROGENOUS ZONE GOURD SHITCAKE! I CANT HELP MYSELF! I MUST SAY SHITCAKES! QUICK! GET THE SHITCAKES! I MEAN ZOLOFT! FUCK! SHITCAKES! IT IS REAL IN MY MIND! OOHOHOGHOSIOWH FUCHCK OPOPAKTGARIKNSONS ATTACK! SHIOTACVACAKES OHKA PARKISNSDKSONS ATTACK FUFCK SHITCANLKEJWKES FUCKE ING SHITCAKES ITKSJA REAL IN MY AJMIND FOP SHJIT FUCK PISSSFGPATRKISJNHSONS IS REAL MIN MYDEIMIND BULL;SDBHIT SHITDAKEKS

IDTJTS ALLL FUCKING REAL PARKFISNSONS AND OTURHJEETTES FUCK PARKSHINSHIT FUCK PISS CUNT SHITCANKLES ITS ALLL RAEAL IN MIY SDMMYIND WHERE MY ZOLOFT SHIT FUCK KGIVE ME SHIT FUCK

Satire is a favourite of the Jew.

ERROGEEO0PUS ZONE SHIT FUCK CUNT PISS SHIT FUCK SHITCAKES YOU DUMB FUCK SHITCAKES ERROGENOUS ZONE YOU SHITCAKES PHARMACEUELTICAL SALESMAN SHIT

Maybe so but how hard is it to realize that someone who says "tourettes isn't real" then interjects a flurry of swearing in the rest of the reply is making a joke?

Fair enough, but on the internet anyone could be that stupid. See YouTube comment sections

I never said I only sold psychiatric medications.
Because insurance covered it and because I was curious whether or not they actually worked (my hypothesis was that they wouldn't) - if the pills did actually affect me negatively believe me I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Which is why I said that my psychiatrist prescribed them to me in my first post, baboon.

I just got here. It took me a fraction of a second to get the joke. You're about as sharp as a bowling ball son.

But you claim they're filled with sugar. What could you possibly be curious about? Never eaten sugar before?
But you said :"I took the medications before completing school, hence why I said "before I recognized psychology as the jewish sham that it is"
You said psychology is a "jewish sham", not psychiatry.

It doesn't matter anyway, your claim about sugar pills is ridiculous and you can't support it.

I'm 43 and I've been on anti-depressants for 20+ years.

I can say with confidence that being on the pills for so long has irrevocably fucked up my brain.

Me shits are grey, I canny fart no good anymore and plus, I'm starting to see visions.

Take me as an example! I am no use to the world anymore! But I try to stay positive! You guys are my only family at the end of the day so I thank you for all the good times…

I told you that my experience with those pills happened before I actually learned that they were useless, then I only suspected it.
Because usually a psychologist refers one to a psychiatrist in the first place, all the psychiatrist does is prescribe meds.
Use your fucking noggin for a second, mate - if you were the pharmaceutical jew, would you:
a. sell actively harmful, useless drugs to people with a disease you fabricated (depression)
b. sell sugar pills to people with a fabricated disease

Doctors aren't stupid, I'll tell you. They'll catch on if the drug is designed to be harmful, when all of the external studies indicate it so, and then you won't sell any more drugs. If you sell sugar pills to otherwise normal people with a bullshit disease and tell them that the pills will make them less sad, that's just the thing that the placebo effect works best at. You'll sell more pills and the only people who will report negative results are those who began with a strong preconceived belief that the drug is harmful.

I have OCD; specifically obsessive worries. No depression or anxiety.

Take only brand name Paxil (no generic shit) for the last ten years. 20mg.

Fixed my OCD cold. Only side effect has been prolonged ejaculation (takes longer to cum when fucking).

Doctor calls it "old technology" and occasionally trying to switch my up to the latest cure-all.

Right.
The entire institution of medicine, academia, psychology, psychiatry, biochemistry, pharmacology, university publishing, medical journals, chemical journals are part of a giant conspiracy to conceal sugar tablets disguised as medicine.
Side-effects which millions of users experience are imagined.
Abusers of said drugs are only experiencing placebo effect, yet spend hundreds of dollars to feel it.
Dilated pupils, tachycardia, diarrhea, sweating, sexual dysfunction and hundreds of other side-effects outside of conscious control are placebo effect.
Deaths from serotonin syndrome are actually suicide via the power of thought.
Gas yourself idiot.

Then you don't have OCD.
Maybe that's why the drug "worked."

I take buproprion and lithium and they help. Suffered a TBI in 2011 when someone randomly attacked me behind work, bounced around on various meds with little success, until mid 2016. Finally diagnosed with post traumatic brain injury related bipolar disorder then when shit started falling apart. I slipped through the cracks for years as someone being as high functioning as me with this is very rare if not unheard of (I have a STEM doctorate).

Side effects suck but at least I'm reliable as a human being now. Before maybe once every two weeks I'd miss work due to my sleep cycle going out the window (be up for 36-48 hours then crash).

I lost a lot before I finally stabilized, my girlfriend of 4 years passive aggressived me until I broke up with her. She was my first and so far only love. But, she had her own serious issues with depression and could not function as a temporary caretaker when she usually needed me as one. My absenteeism delayed my doctorate being awarded for a year. I became socially withdrawn as most of my friends got tired of me being the epitomy of a flake.

Weight gain has been minimal, sexual side effects are barely noticable over my low baseline (((thank you botched circumcsion))), I'm generally tired, and I piss like 6-8 times a day. Generally I forget to eat or drink. Life isn't perfect but at least I'm alive.

The drugs are definitely pushed hard, but some do have a time and place.

checked!
you inspired me m8
here take these

Enjoy having to work out and diet for years to lose the weight you gained solely because of those meds. Also the total loss of libido is permanent and the lower levels of testosterone produced by your modified endocrine system will last long enough that by the time the long term effect of those pills dissipate, you'll have lower T anyway due to old age. Doctors use all those meds to permanently screw up goyim lives.

People that can afford it should atleast try some high quality psychotherapy before doing drugs.

Do not take anti depressants of the SSRI, NDRI, tricyclic etc type. They have been linked with shrinking brain mass.

Use Ketamine IN MICRODOSES it helps. Look up Dr. Zarate's work. I repeat, in MICRODOSES. It is currently being reworked as a "castrated" version without the high under the name of Norketamine. (google it)

All the best, depression user.

t. former depressed user

we love ❤ you to crazy internet man

I got on pic related for ADHD and it has been wiping out my depressive symptoms.

Amphetamines should honestly be over the counter, only reliable drug imo.

If you're that bad off then stop taking the pharm Jew and smoke weed, spend time alone, and talk with yourself. Eventually you'll want to stop smoking and start living again.

Warning: there is a few weeks of coming off weed that stoners lie about. You will feel shitty but within a 3days or so you'll be fine and within 30 you'll be great

You'll crash eventually.

General problem with anti-depressants is that they either provide more fuel for the engine (neuro pre-cursors) or re-allocate those existing to problematic areas while ignoring the fundamental cause of the problem.

Most depression is simply metabolic exhaustion (of a particular chemical class) caused by the brain struggling to form a neuro-chemical homeostasis. For most "thinking" types it's a symptom of overthinking and unfulfilled goal->dopamine reponse. i.e. "expectations" (biochemical anticipation/build-up) not following a full-cycle of metabolism (release). The chemistry remains in stasis essentially jamming normal neuro-metabolic processes.

Don't stay on anti-depressants for too long. They'll permanently adjust your baseline causing dependency.

Haven't yet. I don't go above 20mg/day. I restrain myself well from wanting more. I get how it's abused but I don't have addiction problems with drugs.

They only mask the symptoms.
They do not treat the cause.
You are not being healed.
You are prolonging the disease that is causing the symptoms of depression.

Get real help, not chemicals.

so forming and fulfilling goals would be a natural cure?

More precisely, ensuring that "anticipation" follows through.

Chemical build-up (caused by anticipation) needs alleviation (metabolization). The Dopamine-response is one blanket-like mechanism by which neurochemistry can "flow" (metabolizes).

Fear anticipated that never reaches crescendo manifests as latent anxiety.

Learn pranayama to become proficient in artificially triggering these responses. Breathing regulates the emotional state.

DONT FUCKING DO IT M8

seriously

they hurt you in ways you will realize in 5 years

it WILL be too late

just dont

stop taking those pills immediately OP

I don't think that's the happy pills. Ya got pancreatic cancer, hoss.

I've taken a super-low dose of Zoloft (75mg) for two years to take the edge off of anxiety. It's certainly helped me take control before the anxiety does. This is honestly the only useful thing I've ever heard Zoloft being effective for.

All fucking pills for mental health are just control tools of the Jew.
The medical industry is the worst.
You don't need any modern medication for any other mental disabilities than schitzofrenia or psychosis.

I have had severe anxiety, severe depression, and for all my life I will have ADHD and aspergers. I won't medicate any of it, because modern medicine is just a tool of the jews. Just like modern psychiatry.

PS. Benzodiazepines are the worst. Just drugs, not medicine.

SSRIs are bad news and can damage you permanently. You probably don't want to go cold turkey (because trying to stop taking these things quickly can also fuck you up) but you should definitely talk to a doctor about getting off of it.

I take Sertraline 200mg daily and it's definitely helped my depression, but I'm still depressed. Just less depressed. At least I'm able to function in society.

Oh but my experience may be a bit different since I'm also an alcoholic and you're not supposed to drink at all on Sertraline but I still do heavily.

I was told I could drink on sertraline but not excessively. My tolerance is slightly lower on it.

I'm like you except I went on amphetamine and am convinced it's god tier.

I did amphetamines for 2 years, once you deplete all dopamine and norepinephrine is when it gets horrible. At some point your tolerance is so that in order to function normally you need low doses and higher doses only make you paranoid without the increase in productivity. Don't make me talk about the crash you experience when you stop taking them so your neurotransmitters can recover, it's impossible to function during that period.

How much were you taking per day during that time?

Somewhere between 20 to 60mg amphetamine sulphate depending on the day, in a single daily dose. Started feeling the tolerance effects after 3 months and continued on and off for the following 21 months until I had it and stopped cold turkey.

A cocktail of noopept, choline, and phenylpiracetam will deal with that.

I don't plan on ever going over 20mgs. Maybe I'll take weekends off or something.

I used aniracetam and lecithin during the crash. made the ride less harsh. I wish I could have had access to levodopa though.

I had an ounce of 94% amphetamine sulphate powder and a mg scale to cap em, hence I could use whatever dose I saw fit. Docs never wanted me to have uppers even if I complained that I had trouble finishing college assignments on time so I took matters in my own hands.

I've come to understand that a once-every-few-years dose of LSD can help Depression and Anxiety a lot. No idea how people find that shit though.

I've been on fluoxetine (prozac) and sertraline, the first for a short period of time and the sertraline for about three years, for depression.
They did do something, but I'm not sure how positive it was. Emotions were foggy and dulled, same with thinking and motivation in general. I lost the ability to cry, which quite frightened me. I wasn't much different than I was before the meds, just foggier, duller.
I'm not averse to brain drugs on principle, but the mechanism of these anti-depressant drugs is very poorly understood. For all I know it's a chemical lobotomy. I came closer to killing myself on the meds than off.
I use a handful of naturally occurring supplements and herbs for the most part, ashwagandha, theanine, bacopa, and magnesium primarily. If things are really putting me in a bad place I'll use lorazepam, phenibut, or kratom. I can't really recommend those unless you really need them.
There is a real reason that you hate living in this society. Don't let people tell you that you shouldn't be angry and discontented. Just don't let it kill you. Use the tools you have available as long as they aren't going to hurt you.

They aren't addictive, but they do have a discontinuation syndrome. If you don't taper off them, you'll be reeling coming down from a high dosage after any measure of time.

OP…

Have you tried diet and strenuous exercise? I'm not talking about 20 minutes on a treadmill. I mean an hour of busting your ass several times a week.

Honestly that's the best fight against depression, that and having a network of people to connect with.

If antidepressants are bluepills LSD is a literal and metaphorical redpill.

Don't take too much though, nothings is without consequence

if you hate alcohol and anti-depressants, consider L-Theanine as a safe replacement as they're basically happy pills without side-effects (expensive though)

Where the fug do you even get LSD?

Someone needs to make a docu of all these anti-depressant alternatives. Too many substances now.

Zoloft has been known for increasing the risk you will murder your entire family. So there's that.

google.com/search?q=zoloft causes murder

Trusted people or trusted websites :^)

A Dutch scientific study just showed that 90% of this shit is either superfluous or outright harmful. DON’T FALL FOR KIKERY. IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A GENUINE MEDICAL NEED, YOU’LL KNOW.

SSRIs were designed for anxiety and OCD disorders. There was no money in that so the drug companies pretended they were effective for depression. David Healy is a psychiatrist who talks about this subject. He has a few lectures up on Youtube including one he gave at Yale. This one is good: youtube.com/watch?v=X53r3zTQJNk

According to all the data the FDA has, antidepressants (including more effective TCAs and other types) get a clinical response in 50% of subjects, placebo gets a response in 40%
"Approximately 50% of subjects who received active drug and 40% of subjects who received placebo were designated as responders."
fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/06/briefing/2006-4272b1-01-FDA.pdf

When you actually look at clinical trials, SSRIs do almost nothing for severe depression.

In healthy volunteers, long term SSRI/SNRI cause depression and withdrawal symptoms. This is denied, so doctors say you relapsed.

SSRIs numb your genitals, making sex less pleasurable and can cause permanent dysfunction on discontinuation though this is rare. Other fun side effects: SSRIs increase the risk of birth defects. Rarely SSRIs cause insane homicidal behavior.

Alcoholism is a possible side effect of SSRIs, as is gambling addiction.

The low neurotransmitter theory of depression has been discarded and they have moved on to "downstream effects" theory.

Different manufacturers make different looking pills.

This is true.

There is rampant fraud in medical science and drug research. Long acting beta agonists increase the rate of death in asthmatics. Angiotenson Receptor Blockers save 0 lives in blood pressure clinical trials (heart failure is a different story), they also increase your risk of cancer. Fraud has been identified in numerous anti-coagulant studies but the FDA refuses to withdraw approvals made off those studies.

Don't know people. Tor+deepweb then?

This user knows his shit. Some medical trials even found the placebo to be more effective.

Anti depressant pills are a meme, because they still cant prove that depression is just a chemical reaction. So why the fuck are you taking pills?

True, it wouldn't be a "mental illness" if it had a provable physical cause.

It's funny you should mention that because amphetamines were originally marketed as antidepressant/weight loss pills so it makes perfect sense that helps you

Yep, "Bennies" they were called. If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much just the modern day adderall since wasn't benzedrine dextro and levo amphetamine mixed, just like adderall is?

Either way, they're a fuckton more effective than SSRIs imo. Not to suggest that anyone pop them care-free, it's still speed, and if you can't into moderation, don't fuck with it.

The best case is the TADS study. In teens, fluoxetine failed to beat placebo and had 11 times the rate of suicide attempts. So Eli Lilly committed fraud knowing their drug did not work for teens and would result in more dead children.
madinamerica.com/2012/02/the-real-suicide-data-from-the-tads-study-comes-to-light/

High dosss of l-theanine at the start of things usually helps too.

Drug companies are certainly among the most corrupt institutions in the modern world. Only rivaled by politicians and media.

Yes, absolutely, clinical and suicidal depression is one thing, but 95+ percent of "depression" cases are bullshit used to sell pills. If you have depression do the following
1.) Lift
2.) 5-HTP daily, it is an amino acid precursor for serotonin that works wonders
3.) Socialize, social isolation is worse than cancer, even if you have to deal with normie bullshit and get out of your comfort zone friends are valuable.
4.) Eat a healthy diet, if you overdo it on grains and sugar you will always feel like shit.
5.) Get a hobby.

Don't go cold turkey off those OP, SSRI withdrawals are fucking awful and include brain zaps, flu like symptoms, suicidal ideation, etc. You need to taper, and be prepared for a hypomanic state afterwards when your serotonin doubles down after being suppressed by the pills. If shit gets out of hand have tranquilizers, booze, or weed on hand to deal with the symptoms and get to sleep quickly. Don't withdraw from them when you have to be productive, find a few solid days you can avoid work and socialization.

Go back to the 60s? Seriously it's a real pain in the ass to find some for people not willing to take weeks of research on the deepweb. Most of what is sold as "LSD" nowadays are research chemicals, either in the DO family or one of the NbioMe. There are still some vendors but you have to be able to differentiate them from the scammers.

Bennies was the slang in the UK and most of the commonwealth, Dexies (Dexedrine) or addies (Adderall) was more known in the US. Speed was also used but it's mostly reserved for tweak/crank/spun, aka meth.

Speed is generally used in reference to the amphetamine salt combo dl-amphetamine. Meth is a more efficient version (but MUCH higher risk, as goes without saying) and is even prescribed under the brand name Desoxyn.

Medical Meth is a thing, although I think it's more often than not prescribed to the morbidly obese and used as a diet pill, but in select cases people with ADHD take it.

LSD is somewhat hard to find but if you network with drug people and hippies long enough you will find legit LSD. Psychedelics are pretty redpilled and one of the few worthy types of drugs but the downside is you have to network with degenerates rather extensively to find any.

I can't believe Holla Forums is better at medicine than the actual medical industry.

Not in North America. Speed is almost always sold as meth in pill form on the streets. I knew about desoxyn, almost the whole world banned its usage, no matter the reason. Meth is highly neurotoxic and damages serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine receptors at moderate doses. I've heard amphetamine called a 150lb orangutan hanging to your back in term of exhausting your body while meth was described as a 300lb gorilla. It's quite a fitting metaphor.

In the 10 years I hung around the drug scene, the only times people were sold "LSD" around here, it turned out to be some non-indole tryptamine. Just like when some hippie supposedly had access to mescaline, which turned out to be a dissociative in the same chemical family as PCP How do I know? I used to study in chemistry and managed to test a sample of each using mass spectroscopy. I guess if you hang around USC Berkely, use the deep web or get your drugs directly from spooks you might get legit LSD but a lot of people who sell drugs on the street don't know shit.

Little brother's been taking prozac for years
How fucked is he?

adderall

Kill yourself.

You too.

Yeah i've been trying to get my hands on LSD for years now
I'm considering isolating DMT from acacia instead as an alternative, standard high school chemistry stuff, bit more difficult than producing methcathinone but still relatively easy
I've done a double degree in psychology and molecular biology with a minor in chemistry and I would never even fucking touch an antidepressant its seriously bad shit
if you get sad have a drink or brew some mushroom tea if you can get some hands on it
drinks a short term cure that can become a problem but mushrooms work for a lot of people apparently
makes sense really when you consider how many Germanic, Norse and Celts that consumed them regularly at ancient festivals

Priorities, m8.

Tourettes is not real. Like Parkinsons it is a complete deceoption. Michael J. Fox is acting, he collected more than 500M for his phony foundation, Muhammad Ali, if he wasn't acting had boxing related neurological damage and the other 0.0001% of the population who show parkinson's or tourettes symptoms have neurological damage from nerve gas or heavy metal poisoning. It's not a degenerative "disease" unless you continue to breath in or ingest toxic chemicals. Of course parkinson's disease is deceptively mislabled, since it's not actually disease and even calling it a disorder is stretching the truth. It's like saying that a man who had his leg blown off has a leg disorder and because he lost his eye he has an eye disorder. No. He is missing an eye and leg and if he having neurological damage doesn't make it a disease.

Neither do you.

The difference is that one is degenerate and one is not. Psychedelics are autistic fake enlightenment for nigbrains who couldn't find it themselves.

Given the tons of synthetic chemicals that americans are ingesting i am inclined to believe that more and more of these novel "disorders" will magically appear and every manifestation of heavy metal poisoning and nerve damage will get its own name so that pharmaceutical companies can scam the public into buying their overpriced products that exclusively treat symptoms. Never cure the underlying condition, because making people whole is not as profitable in the long run as making and keeping people sick and treating their symptoms. Everyone ITT who shills for psychotropic drugs or any other pharmaceutical jew ought to be ashamed of themselves, it is nothing but symptom treatment.

I'm a directionless NEET being pressured hard by family who have fallen for the pharmaceutical Jew into seeing a psychiatrist.

If it does come to pass that I'm cajoled into it, how do I handle myself? Prevent some bullshit diagnosis?

anti depressants, especially SSRI's fuck with your brain chemistry in a way that actually changes the way it functions. im not sure about all the specifics, but i do know that it changes the way your brain releases certain chemicals like like serotonin, so after taking them for awhile your brain alters to rely on the drug for a function the brain should be doing naturally

so in a way the drug hijacks your brain function therefore making you rely on it for that extra "umph" you need to "feel better". its basically a physical addiction without getting high, which seems kinda pointless . also its just a band aid. if you want to change your life you should fix the underlying problems and not just medicate the problem out of existance, because it will come back when the medication runs out

Does drinking a cup of coffee make one an immoral person?

PROTIP: If you walk in there, you're not going to walk out without a (((diagnosis))).

not since it was baptised to remove the kebab association :^)

Do not ever go to a psychiatrist. Period. Nothing good can come out of it.
A psychiatrist is a pharmaceutical salesman and he will diagnose you with a made up disorder.
"Do you sometimes wake up at night?"
"Yes."
"Interesting" (writes down "sleeping disorder"
"Do you sometimes feel like doing math is hard?"
"Yea"
"Mmmh-hmm." (writes down "ADHD")

Dunno, does coffee implant consistently false and unshakable ideas into your head by way of short circuiting the fuck out of your neural pathways? If so, definitely.

Antidepressants are just as shit, and you're just as bad as the pharmajews for duping people into it.

they do effect your brain so if you try to go off them cold. You might commit suicide or end up doing something truly crazy. But I do not recommend using pills ever, so get wean yourself off them.

The only exception to this rule is if you are a schizophrenic. If you are schizophrenic please for the love of god say on medication.

cold turkey*

Does… literally any other drug on the face of the earth do that?
Did you have a bad trip user? do you need a hug?

i would just do it and get them off your back, or to improve your life if thats what you really want. but my 2 cents, dont take any anti depressants. just tell doc you got social anxiety and he"ll prescribe you benzos. dont take them too often or youll get addicted and that shit is just horrific to get addicted to. but it may help in job interviews and shit when you need to chill to get your life on track

or if you want to take the ADD route say you have trouble focusing and theyll prescribe you adderall or vyvanse or concerta or someshit and i would take them if you choose to take the ADD route. because those medications will force you to get off your ass and do something. you cant take adderall and then sit around all day, you will be compelled to do shit. which is not a bad thing. this is probably the best route to choose if you actually want to improve yourself.

but always keep in mind that if you get help through a psychiatrist that its TEMPORARY. the drugs they prescribe are tools not to be depended on, but to be utilized only when useful and benificial. in the end user if you want to improve your life its up to you to decide.

All psychedelics do that to varying degrees based on their strength and properties, and you're an idiot if you take them. The degree to which you poor faggots will defend your substance abuse is incredible. It's almost like the Psychedelic Jew convinces you that you need it.

if hes got social anxiety you'd wanna try and get dextroamphetamines
great drug but highly addictive you can lift for ages and stay awake as long as you want without sleep
and it works wonders for social anxiety your inhibitions just melt away like being wasted except you still know rational behaviour from irrational behaviour and you're not in danger of passing out in the gutter and shitting yourself

Now this I have to hear.
By what mechanism do psychedelic substances "implant ideas"?
user, this discovery could absolutely revolutionize education, military training, everything!

The CIA sure thought so, too bad it doesn't work like that.
They implant "ways of thinking" by "shutting off" parts of your brain and making other parts more active. Obviously it's just muh spirituality that every faggot who takes acid rants about how "everything is connected XD" for the rest of their life, right? It's consistent. You can tell some acid deranged liberal faggot from Cindy "I took ayahuasca with jungle niggers" Thomas based on their behavior.

Your behavior is like one of an addict, get some help or get roped.

I refuse to believe that someone who posts here has this childish an understanding of neurochemistry.
I'm just not buying it.

i have no experience with this particular stimulant but it seems kinda intense. and it also affects your serotonin and dopamine transmitters which seems benificial only in the short term imo. any drug that affects serotonin or dopamine release or regulation should probably be avoided. any stimulant including enough coffee could help you lift. maybe if he really wanted an intense workout he should take it but not regularly.

its good, when I had depression, it sorted me out.
pretty strong at the start, but you get used to it.

It wasn't a neurochemical argument, it was an over-simplified argument based on brainscan data. Beyond that I give zero fucks about some degenerate who thinks drugs are redpilled.

Wasted trips.
I never argued they were redpilled.
I argued that your understanding of brains is on par with that of a child.

Kek already gave me this argument. You can >>>/oven/ yourself now, degenerate.

It is destructive actually. You are not improving your situation, but you feel better. You're in the same swamp, but instead of trying to get out you're smiling like a retard.
It is a chemical way to learn. When do something, it has an effect and you associate the effect with the action. When you taka a happy pill it stimulate the reward center of your brain so no matter what happens, no mater what you do you learn that taking a pill is good practice and that whatever is happing is good. Madness.

What do you hope to accomplish here?
One or two anons decide to not trip?
What real impact do you honestly think that's going to have, overall?

I don't give a shit what you do, get off this board and go back to your mercury chugging one. Holla Forums isn't for degenerates.

Oooohhh, you're the 'nigger magic' shill.
Gotcha.

Are burgers this willing to medicate themselves if they even feel the slightest uncomfortable emotion?

No wonder everyone is so triggered over there, no one knows how to deal with being on edge.

exactly user. thanks for bluntly saying what i was trying to imply. any drug that affects the brains normal functions regarding chemical balance, especially serotonin or dopamine and a few others should be avoided as a rule. they exist only for you to depend on them. SSRI are the worst.

Acid really did fuck you, didn't it? I have absolutely no idea what "nigger magic" you're talking about.

It's a weapon of the jew.

My mother took a bunch of this kind of shit and it irrevocably fucked up her brain, to the point where she fucked a sandnigger and gave birth to me. She then proceeded to leave said sandnigger (even though he offered to help take care of me), then started beating me around because she thought I didn't love her enough.

Basically, it makes race mixed kids who get beat and grow up hating themselves in my experience, don't take this shit.

Each and every last goon on the face of this earth is going to get what's coming to them, sooner or later.

Are you even trying?

It's not even about your dislike of drugs or /fringe/.

I don't think you even know what a goon is.

Look man, you tried. Props for effort.

Nice shitposting faggot, hopefully DoTR happens before you die of mercury poisoning.

The trips are true, those pills are overly prescribed and can fuck up your brain chemistry for the worse and forever.

It's been fun, but I'm gonna filter you now.
See you tomorrow faggot.

See you on DoTR, /fringe/fag

Aww the poor babies are afraid of psychedelics even though they've a 0 kill count and only break the mentally weak.

They are handed out like candy. "You are not paying. Take this pill"
They tried to put me on ADHD medication when i was in hs and the pos psychiatrist, a total creep had the gall to threaten my mom with CPS when she went assumed her final form in his office. My parents immediately pulled me out of high school and my uncle became my legal guardian so i could move to a better school district.

Some of my classmates were duped into taking ADHD medication and a friend of mine is still hooked.
He stays awake for days, he actually can't sleep anymore, has no regular sleeping pattern and thinks of himself of a genius coder when he's actually a chemically lobotomized robot who has literally lost the ability to feel empathy and has had his soul sucked out of him. After a while he turned into a code monkey who only sleeps, eats and writes software. He has lost all of his friends, (except me) he has no hobbies besides playing vidya with me once in a while, no life, no ambitions, no nothing. He is a shell of his former self, but i can't get him to change, beacuse he is perfeclty content with his miserable existance.

tl;dr drugs are bad.

I'll be the first to admit that they're not for everyone, but some people do benefit from them, if used responsibly.
The explosion of new scientific knowledge during the 50's and 60's is evidence of that.

you cant be serious…

Yeah they're not for idiots with low IQ which is why niggers don't use them and are afraid of them and from my own experiences my stupid friend got very little from them.

tbh I'd advocate their use in as a test of mental fitness, like giving them an extreme dosage and subjecting them to traumatic expieriences
if they become delusional afterwards they've failed
if they recover they're fit

I am, 100% serious user.
Before drugs like LSD went mainstream and became associated with hippies, they were used by academics.

Shrooms and dmt > LSD, lsd is more fun but the other two are more rewarding and teaching, lsd is nearly like a toy in comparison.

Yeah I like to think of them as a trial by fire too, although with the right set and setting there's very little that can go wrong and so much that can go beautifully right.

There was a study done that lsd could raise your iq by as much as 10% and people in silicon valley regularly micro dose on it everyday for a creative and energy boost.

Would you happen to remember the name of the study or the author?

probably this
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00223980.1955.9712992?journalCode=vjrl20
if any uni anons with access wanna download and post a mega of the pdf be my guest

i thought you were talking about SSRI's.

i agree that LSD is a very useful chemical if used correctly. the anons who think it makes you gay seriously must not have much confidence in their own sexuality if they think their sexual preferance can be changed by a fucking drug. they are just regurtitating propaganda. its funny ass shit to see their insecurites manifest through their criticism.

the dude who discovered the double helix of DNA said he came up with the idea on acid. look it up

My bad, I should have specified which type of drug I was talking about.

Fucking paywalls.
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think its fucked up really
information should be free
I'm really not worried about shitskins and niggers being able to access a paper on thorium fission reactions or some shit in case they can make a bomb
it'd take them years of study to even be able to fucking read a peer reviewed paper

Hol up, didn't some big guy from Russia a while back dump literally every existing scientific paper into a huge free archive somewhere?

yeah but i dont have the link and dont know if its still up
besides this paper was published in 1955 it might not be in there

id love to see that

Impressive. Very nice.

In hindsight, I should have grabbed as much of that as I could.

I can't remember what it was called either.

well at the time I still had academic access to most papers so it wasn't a priority for me

How does that work with being a student and having access to papers?
How far along in university do you have to be before you get that?

like just enrolled
your institution gives you free access to all academic papers online for the duration of your study

Motherfuck.
The community college I went to NEVER mentioned that, at all.

id love to see that

how though? like through what site? is it though some school sponsored site or is it outsourced.

basically how do you login to get acess to those papers lol

I like this

You're a stupid, luddite cunt.

well probably not available for a community college tbh

like the institution/university runs a proxy where you login with your student ID and password and then the proxy is up and running and bypasses the paywall for academic papers, thesis's and literature reviews

Antidepressants are a tool to help people with real depression (Not the "The world is so mean to me ;(" tumblr kind) gather enough energy and motivation to get through therapy. They are not a solution by themselves.

Slightly more on topic, do you know of any good OTC stimulants useful for academic/intellectual stimulation? (besides coffee and pseudoephedrine)

Modafinil's supposed to be good the US military created it as a supplement to improve mood and thinking capacity or some shit
supposed to help you stay a bit calmer or focused dont know how it interacts with the brain but since its over the counter I doubt you can overdose on it

Cheers m8.

swallow cum, faggot

Okay, now what?

did you put your cock in his mom's mouth?

developinghumanbrain.org/12-otc-adderall-alternatives-for-studying/

theres a list of twelve. or you could get Modafinil like jet pilots.

(check'd)
[reading intensifies]

Before I started antidepressants, I wasn't happy. I wasn't depressed either, just tired. I was just your average chan-using autist, part of a fraternity, studying for a university degree, occasionally binging on alcohol and I was also addicted to gaming, and that was about it. After I started antidepressants (Fluoxetine), it felt like I was on 4 cans of redbull 24/7. I became manic, psychotic, couldn't sleep anymore, was awake 22 hours a day and started grand projects and calling up all people I knew including my parents and asked them to help me decide if I should make a sandwich with cheese or a sandwich with meat. This scared the shit out of them and they took me back in. The doctors then put me on benzodiazepines (Temazepam, Oxazepam) in order to sleep. I became addicted to them within 1 month. When I realized I was addicted, I quit benzodiazepines cold turkey. Withdrawal symptoms included: bugs crawling under my skin, constantly feeling like somebody was standing behind me, paranoia, insomnia, delusions, nausea, headaches, hallucinations, agitation, constant feeling like I was forgetting something extremely important, trembling, twitching, agitation, feeling like the devil was chasing me, and feelings of extreme aggression. Two weeks after quitting benzodiazepines, the acute withdrawal symptoms subsided I was left with extremely severe depression. I had to be hospitalized in a closed psychiatric unit and was put on suicide watch. There was a camera in my room and they came to check every 30 minutes to see if I hadn't killed myself. In this timespan, I was put on other antidepressants, including Amitryptyline, Mirtazipine, and Bupropion. Almost every single one of these drugs was garbage, only Bupropion had some benefits to it. I lost all joy in life. I couldn't enjoy anything. Couldn't even fap. This was about half a year ago. I've quit antidepressants 1-2 months ago and already feel better. I can enjoy music again, sometimes. My libido is still non-existent though. Seeing porn posted on this board doesn't cause any reaction, it's like staring at a wall. I also constantly feel like people are talking about me and pointing at me, but I know that's probably not real. Probably. I can't even pick up my former gaming addiction, all I do is stare at a wall all day. I refuse to die, though. I will have my revenge. Fuck these fucking piece of shit fucking hook-nosed sodomites. I swear to god, even if I feel constant dysphoria, can't enjoy anything at all, and feel like a piece of my soul is missing all the time, I refuse to die before I get my revenge. I swear I'll crawl out of the abyss and get even.

Tl;Dr
Antidepressants shattered my soul into pieces. I'm still trying to piece myself back together, but I feel some pieces are irrecoverable.

pic unrelated

Then why did you take them in the first place.

I was very tired and exhausted all the time, I told my psychiatrist this and she told me I was depressed. She said she had a similar patient who benefited from low dose Fluoxetine. It did not seem like a risky venture and I trusted her judgement, so I agreed.

thats why adults drink coffee

that could literally be fucking anything
if you eat too much wheat based cereal in your daily routine you run the risk of becoming very tired and exhausted due to overdose from iron supplements since all wheat is bio-fortified with extra iron because of anemic third worlders and women

Step up your game kids

Over a decade later my mind is STILL slowing degrading. My memory is spotty, my muscle control is wonky at times, my focus is wrecked, emotions barely exist and almost nothing gets a reaction out of me with the exception of some things posted here. Hitler speeches and such.

I am no longer a human being and it's thanks to kike pharma companies and the ignorant and irresponsible doctors who just throw that shit at whomever they feel like, including kids who are already in fucked up situations.

There, the blogpost is finished. Kill me

fuck dude. thats depressing.

you should take a theraputic dose of LSD, you seem to have no emotions to lose so it probably wont even affect you. if that dosent make you feel anything i dont know what will honestly.

Keeping together at the seams != living the life they could truly have if shit wasn't so fucked up right now.

People are wage-slaving through-out the globe. They are having to put time on a clock and capital of their boss before anything else in their life. Leisure of the home, duty of the family and country? Those concepts are all non-existent right now. That's why people are so fucked up and depressed. They feel like they have no purpose.

Re-install leisure of the home and duty of family and country. Bring women out of the workplace and back into the home. Remove wage-slaving for all non-crucial roles. THIS is how you fix things, not by giving people magical pills that only obfuscate the problem rather than truly fix it.

To a certain extent, some people are actually lacking in things and need some help with keeping the body in check for that. Heavy dosages of anti-depressants are however nothing to do with that, and are in no way natural. They tear your mind and body apart, and should be outlawed entirely.

There's agencies for heavily regulating things like alcohol, guns and tobacco…and yet we have all these insanely dangerous mind and body altering chemical cons being pumped out by big pharma with little to no one protesting over the side-effects of the stats of those who use them and are fucked for life or as an alternative, end up dead.

pajeet, please

I'd be willing to give it a try but honestly I can't even find psilocybin caps where I live, and not for lack of trying. I do smoke weed and I've had a few different dealers. Each time when I eventually ask them if they know where I might ask around about some, they say no, that they've never had any contact with it. It won't stop me from looking though. I'm almost at the point where I'm willing to attempt to make my own DMT instead of looking everywhere for kiddy shit.

Damn dude, I feel like you're me. Didn't have the summer camp thing, but still had a shit pajeet doctor who just chucked me in the deep end for drugs and ended up fucking me up. Memory, muscle problems, focus and emotions are all things I struggle with.

It's not a blogspot man, you're making rational statements about really big problems that people are doing nothing about except just sticking their heads in the sand to keep their fake reality alive.

you see your sort of problems I could probably fix with 'unconventional' therapy
break you down and remake yourself in your own image
because man is a divine beast

Hang in there user, your cause will not go unnoticed. They can only keep this rubbish up for so long.

If there was a way to truly break down man, and fully rebuild in a sort of "total reboot" manner, it would help so many people right now.

I just know that it has nothing to do with drugs being pumped into peoples body. It's something else that has to change.

These are words to live by. If this is why younger generations are losing interest in all the current shit in the world, it wouldn't surprise me if they're striving for some form of divinity among one another…cause they aren't going to get it anywhere else.

Molecular neuroscience fag here. Most recent research shows that serotonin actually has little to no role within clinical depression except for in exceptional cases - something now widely accepted within the field. How SSRIs function to stabilise mood is unclear - they've been observed to rapidly remodel and rewire key areas of the brain - exactly how and why is up for debate and further investigation.

Furthermore, very recent, preliminary work i've come across at conferences has begun to show that the observed neurological rewiring can persist for years after ending your treatment regime. It may even be permanent to some extent. In this manner, the drug can 'trap' you into becoming dependent upon it.

Personally, I would not be comfortable taking a neurological drug that was designed around a flawed premise and whose mechanism of action isn't known.

Some very basic information for non-scientists:

theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/sep/28/depression-serotonin-neurogenesis

latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-antidepressants-brain-structure-20140918-story.html

wait so SSRI's permanently alter brain anatomy?
does it cause new connections to be formed or something?
Molecular biolfag here

I think drugs like those help break down a persons own sense of self to facilitate a clean slate easier
oh im one of them they aint
they're either completely brainwashed into ZOG kool aid and give meaning to their lives by adopting a liberal agenda/cause
or they become abstract hedonistic nihilists

SSRIs tend to inhibit the seronin transporter 5-HTT - a homeostatic mechanism kicks in however and neuronal cells simply boost transcription and production of ITGB3 (and related proteins) to compensate which in turn promotes neurogenesis and synaptogenesis.

So, essentially: yes. There's potential for SSRIs to permanently remodel the brain if they are inducing the generation of new neurones and facilitating their migration.

go to reddit and type in, dnm.

serotonin transporter*

Not that what you describing doesn't sound better than continuing along my current trajectory, but… what?

If I drink 1 cup of coffee 3 days in a row, on the 4th day I'll get withdrawal headaches and other withdrawal symptoms. Caffeine is a pretty radical drug if you're a slow metabolizer like me.

Yeah, but the exhaustion was severe. It is even more severe now. I asked another psychiatrist if it might be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He said my exhaustion was worse than what those people have. I can barely sit behind my desk.

See I agree that this is what happens, but isn't that just a tad bit haunting that people blindly trust something that can "break you down"? What if during this process, something stays permenantly broken? There's no way these people fully understand the human brain yet. I simply can't trust that kind of blind leadership.

That's what most younger people I'm talking to seem to dig right now too. I think the reason why this is the case though, is that they have no opportunity to truly put in action the thought of "well if someone was to remove what's causing the nihilism in my life, what would I then seek out after having successfully satisfied my hedonism?"

Many of these people I met are dis-interested in school, or are wage-slaving and feel like they have no time for self, for leisure. They're hedonists because they are forced to put so many other things in life before their own, that when an opportunity truly comes around to think for their-selves and choose their own path, hedonism is the only thing that seems rewarding.

Is it a lack of duty? People feel like nothing challenges them and gives them a true duty. A case to strive for and volunteer only their best of efforts towards.

Hello Op, I'm too lazy to read all previous posts, but I myself am chronically depressed. I had sertralin before, i didnt feel any improvement, so i stopped.
When i was in hospital again last year i got venlafaxin, which really pushed my mood, so i really feel its helping.
Not all doctors are evil jews who want to kill you.
Yes, antidepressants also have negative health effects and you shouldnt use them if you dont really need them, but as long as theres no safer medication its fine.

if you feel like your life is already spiraling the toilet try to achieve the divine spark

did you get your blood done? full medical?
I'd get that checked before going in for psych like id ever do that tbh

thats why it should be referenced to as trial by fire
i mean for christs sake the ancients had good ways for weeding out the defective
in Celtic society you couldnt even get legally married without surviving your initiation ritual and look at Sparta their entire society was structured around a form of eugenics
a drastic measure may be all you can do if nothing else works

damn, thats pretty bad tbh
uncontrolled neural growth could have a whole range of unwarranted side effects

I'm not savvy enough for traipsing around on the deep web. I'm probably one of the most tech-ignorant people on this board sadly. I wouldn't even know where to start.

But you are, user. It's just that iIt's easier to injure yourself than to heal yourself, Healing takes a lot of time and love.

have they ever done a study of mapping the brain before and after SSRI? or MRIs or however they observe changes in the brain though use of these drugs. because of the little ive studied and put together regarding these drugs. a change in the function of the brain is the only logical outcome by using these drugs considering they directly affect these functions of the brain.

if these studies dont exist why dont they? i fucking dropped out of high school my 2nd year and i can figure this shit out.

Yeah, I got full blood done. Low on vitamine D, but no other abonormalities

That's pretty much a given in western countries these days.

The time for that was when I was a kid/teen. Neuroplasticity is a bitch.

What is the divine spark and how does one pursue and achieve it? This must have been one of those Holla Forums topics I skipped. Are you about to go full esoteric on me?

same I got cholecalciferol supplements proscribed to me
dont know really but if you cant think of any possible reason you could have repressed something affecting you
like suppressing your disdain for normal humdrum life activities

Is it esoterics time?

www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-antidepressants-brain-structure-20140918-story,amp.html

The studied detailed here used MRI and 3D-modelling to detect massive shifts in brain activity within hours of taking an SSRI. In terms of remodelling and rewiring in the long term, they'll be plenty of studies that will hit the MSM this year. From what I've seen of unpublished data at conferences, there's a strong link between SSRIs and neurogenesis and this neurogenesis is not general - it's specific to certain regions of the brain.

It may well prove that this is actually the cause of depression - low levels of neurone generation in key areas - but who knows.

I live in Amsterdam, I'm surrounded by niggers and sodomites. My environment isn't exactly the best. I might be affected by our degenerate culture.

Perhaps it can really help the lost soul in need

Hard to describe and hard to attain
true self-awareness and contentment with yourself
dont wait for the ubermensch find the resolve to become the ubermensch
become Siegfried and slay the dragon that sorta attitude
apathy kills the soul so just do everything you can to stave it off and search for a purpose

oh christ you're not dutch are you?
my advice? flee
take a very fucking long holiday into a very rural area for a few weeks and see how you feel

If what some anons are saying is correct and our brains have been forever jewed by this shit I suppose we can take solace in the possibility of a class-action lawsuit at some point in time.

That's right pfizer, we're coming for your shekels. I may be a half-lobotomized waste of skin but damned if they're not going to pay for the weed and alcohol that send me to an early respawn.

What if you become self-aware but it only makes you realize how fucked you are? Cmon user not everyone is born a potential demigod, some of us really would have been the babies thrown off the cliffs of Sparta. Some of us were born fine but were ruined.

Dunno, maybe the fact that I'm saying this means you're right but fuck me if I know how to go about achieving what it is you describe.

curious, what parts of the brain specifically if you know?

do they affect behavior? do they affect speech? that kind of thing. how does it affect the function of the brain.

Yeah, Dutch masterrace represent.

You have a good point. Most lesser humans are not aware that they are inferior. It is a curse to be a lesser man and fully aware of it. It will drive you to develop though, I am in a similar situation.

Kek
yeah and I'm one of them too
I'd start with some sort of martial art, its always a good place to start teaching yourself some self-discipline
I drink alot but I also took up archery its a great hobby
I'll drive deep into the valleys with my longbow and just do target shooting for a few hours while trekking through the woods alone its a start

its a real one step at a time type road to walk
but nothings gonna change until you start walking
oddly enough opportunities do pop up in the oddest of circumstances you cant be afraid to put yourself out there and on the line

Do you sometimes wish an underwater volcano will erupt spontaneously near Zeeland and flood the low countries with a tsunami?

I'd have to check my notes for full details, which I don't have to hand at the moment - however, one surprising and unexpected area is the olfactory centre. Smell is an extremely strong invoker of memory and emotion in our species and SSRIs seem to dampen and remodel the olfactory-memory link. This may go some way to explaining when SSRIs "zombify" you - they make you indifferent, and stabilise your mood simply by inhibiting induction of emotional recall.

One way of describing it might be that the 'divine spark' in this context is a sort of gnosis, a direct subjective experience of one's connection to THE ALL / GOD / THE SOURCE / whatever you want to call it.
Everyone has this IS this, would be more accurate, and there is no one who cannot find it.
Different schools of practice have different specific methods to attain it, but the gist of it is to meditate. I don't mean the soulless materialist 'meditation' hocked by kikes that want to sell a book.
To "yoke with the divine" is what I mean, and it's not as hard as it sounds.
I can only give my own experiential advice, I'm not formally trained, but basically:

1)perform basic meditations to physically train yourself to be able to sit in meditation, breathing, not letting your mind wander, etc
2)meditate upon yourself until you don't have to try to get into different gnosis states of experiencing yourself, they just come naturally
3)from there, expand out into maybe just the room around you, or the neighborhood, whatever, local area. Meditate on all of the living beings in that area searching for your connection to them, generate compassion towards them (seems like a non sequitur but it makes sense later)
4)from there, keep expanding outward, somewhere along the line it just clicks

Sometimes? More like every single day.

Meant to quote:

Fully agree. Also my bloodline is Celtic so maybe that's why it seems pretty logical to me that you structure the society around a functional form of initiation and at worst eugenics, rather than just allow all sorts of fucked up forms of life to suffer.

It comes back to that whole eternal suffering thing, every time.

Please do. I've recently been feeling like the divine spark is brushing upon me, but I am still new to esoterics and have a lot to learn. All I am able to produce in relation to it is the equivalent of brain farts. I kind of understand its relevance, but I can't figure out how you apply it in practice.

The closest I get is coming to conclusions such as what is written here:

fascinating, they do say that certain scents pertaining to powerful memories in the past can invoke powerful recollections of pleasent or unpleasant memories.

scientificamerican.com/article/unraveling-the-mystery-of-ssris-depression/

and im curious if this is what you were talking about with SSRI's and neurogenisis. that it actually inhibits it? because that as well would explain the zombification effect they seem to have.

also what is worse, inhibited neurogenisis or uninhibited neurogenenisis? if that question makes sense. basically it seems adult neurogenesis that is inhibited leads to lower pattern recogniztion, and affects memory and learning. but what are the consequences of increased adult neurogenesis, if you know?

sorry for all the questions but its a pretty interesting subject, and you seem pretty informed about the subject.

aye but do you prefer eternal suffering in a prison or eternal suffering on an eternal journey

user you just triggered the fuck out of me

On a large scale, that sounds like a great usage of it.
On a more personal scale, it qualitatively changes the way a person perceives the world, for the better.

Sage because I'm speculating, but could neurogenesis in the wrong areas of the brain contribute to the formation of disorders like schrizophenia or anxiety disorders? What I mean is that your neurons make a lot of new connections which cause you to associate certain cues with certain behaviors, or connect the wrong areas of the brain with each other. For example, maybe neurogenisis in the amygdala might make you more emotional, or neurogenesis in sexual related areas while being exposed to certain stimuli might cause you to cause deviant fetishes.

I'm stumped on that one. I will have to say that it's a very thin line between turning the prison into a school. In contrast to the literal sense of many good men and women in prison right now for silly laws, the prison walls can be comforting when that which is inside of them nurtures knowledge, rather than punishes it.

I guess it's the question of whether the "prison" is a walled garden or ones own personal hell.
That's a tough one. I'll have to read up more on it before I can answer. Good question.

Thanks, I agree it would be a good usage providing that the time is right for implementing it on a more rational scale.
Good choice of movies too.

Finished reading. I'm going to say eternal suffering in a prison, because nothing about an eternal journey sounds worth suffering eternally from. If a journey is eternal it should not be suffering by default. At least with the prison, you can escape it by turning it into a school.

Really? I would personally always choose the journey over the prison

If it was just an eternal journey on its own, yes. An eternal journey that is also combined with eternal suffering sounds absolutely terrifying.