Asterix Thread

Let's all celebrate a national French treasure before Paris becomes a new caliphate.

I'm going to story time all the Asterix Books so far, starting with Asterix the Gaul.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Asterixcompleteset
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now "The Golden Sickle"

I'll finish up tonight with "Asterix and the Gauls."

This is great, OP. I remember downloading the entire Asterix series long ago but all the comics were PDFs which turned me off, these I can turn into CBRs. Thanks a lot.

No prob user.

Now, I contine with "Asterix the Gladitor."

Own them all up to Falling Sky, some as French 1st editions that my dad got on release, but I think all English translations too. For the life of me can't remember where they or my Tintin books are. Haven't read them in forever. Hopefully my parents just dumped them in the attic or something.

Thanks for the Storytime, my man. I have some italian ones I'd like to share too, maybe later.
Actually, if you wanna get all of them, I recently found out that they're all uploaded in scanned quality on archive.org/details/Asterixcompleteset , so have fun with that!

It's funny because (((Goscinny))) wrote the Romans to be the equivalent of Nazi Germany, minus the obvious linguistic differences. Though to play devil's advocate, he does take the piss at Jews themselves. Plus I recall there being some way dope WWII version of Asterix being drawn by someone which looked pretty faithful to the spirit of the original.

I know this feeling all too well.

There are no comics where romans are portrayed like they were:The saviors of the old world.

Feels good, putain.

Translations are alos very good, and most European kids grew up reading them. Burgers are missing out.