HAPPENING TED CRUZ ANNOUNCES TERM LIMITS AMMENDMENT

ITS HAPPENING NIGGER

washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-introduces-term-limits-amendment/article/2610799

TED CRUZ INTRODUCES TERM LIMITS AMENDMENT

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bNE8q
cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/20170103_TermLimitsBill.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FORGOT ARCHIVE:
archive.is/bNE8q

fuck off TRS

BASED

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Rep. Ron DeSantis introduced a constitutional amendment on Tuesday that would impose term limits on members of Congress, following through on their December announcement about the proposal.

"D.C. is broken," Cruz said in a statement Tuesday evening. "The American people resoundingly agreed on Election Day, and President-elect Donald Trump has committed to putting government back to work for the American people. It is well past time to put an end to the cronyism and deceit that has transformed Washington into a graveyard of good intentions."

The proposal would limit senators to two terms (12 years total) and representatives to three terms (six years total). President-elect Trump campaigned on reining in Congress by implementing term limits, though it is unclear if the incoming administration has been involved in the proposal, which comes during Congress' first week in session this year.

Both Cruz and DeSantis are Republicans.

"President Trump, Speaker Ryan and huge majorities of the American people are demanding term limits," said U.S. Term Limits President Philip Blumel. "Congress must listen and pass the Cruz-DeSantis amendment immediately."

A Rasmussen Reports survey from October found three-quarters of Americans supported implementing term limits, while 13 percent did not.

The amendment was co-sponsored by Republican Sens. Deb Fischer of Nebraska, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Marco Rubio of Florida, Mike Lee of Utah and David Perdue of Georgia.

Cruz has supported other bills to reform the political process, including ending super PACs, lifting caps on individual contributions and centralizing the campaign finance system. Cruz and Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., introduced the SuperPAC Elimination Act of 2017 last year to remove caps on individual contributions.

I told you niggers Cruz would go back to being a cool guy once he dropped his presidential ambitions.

(checked)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BASED RATO

Supreme Court is a lifetime appointment. Remember that.

CAN'T RUSE THE CRUZ

2017 is off to a fine start.

nigger b gone

Wew. He's just trying to make himself look like a populist while taking on the term limits issue on his terms. The fact that Rubio is in support of it is suspicious as fuck.

Well, if this amendment is confirmed, it raises raises the profile of the Supreme Court, and therefore puts a lot more pressure on it to follow the laws rather than conform to the notions of the psychopath academic-elite.

Is it a TRS tactic to call the 5% of minorities that aren't utter shit "based"? Its a dated memeword created by a nigger that nobody here uses since the GG exodus

SHITLIBS BTFO

But what about the delegates?

this has to be a bot, right?
I mean obviously this poster couldn't have read the post he's replying to, its the archive for a link the OP provided
how do bots still post here?

Don't doubt the President-Elect's ability to negotiate some sort of benefit from it, though.

not a bot, nice try TRS

I guess Ted really is adamant about being the most hated man in the history of the Senate.

Also he wants that Supreme court seat, or he's already been promised it and he's trolling everyone who hates him before fucking off.

But wait! I was still enjoying the Ford win! Bah, now I need to organize my win enjoyments!

DRAIN THE SWAMP #DrainTheSwamp DRAIN THE SWAMP #DrainTheSwamp

Pic related is the only person not tired of winning.

The Supreme Court doesn't follow the law, they interpret it

Rato isn't a puppet for anyone, Rato is out for Rato.

That at least means that he can be worked with.

the term limits, cahngress.

You're a dirty anti-white.

THE GOVERNMENT SHALL FIRST AND FOREMOST SERVE ITS CITIZENS

one step closer to the light lads. Kek bless el rato

While true I was hoping for Trump or someone closer to him to act on this issue first. For all we know, there could be some language in this thing that makes it weaker than what Trump had sought out and thus if Trump opposes it, it would make him look like he is not trying to drain the swamp or go back on his word, with the media ready and willing to make Trump look bad while Cruz gets to look like the victim, since that is very much what his senate career has been, an obstructionist that fails at his end goals that plays the victim. I can see cuckservatives laying this sort of trap.

wtf im now a #CruzMissile

But never trusted.

I can see you getting your son circumcised, Shlomo. If the amendment isn't what Unser Fuhrer wants, he'll say so over social media and then we'll all know why it's bad.

50 shekels to you for DnC, though. L'Chaim!

Stop, you sound like Dan now. While he is out for himself, he is willing to be a puppet for this reason. I'm more than happy to see how this plays out but I am betting this thing has something in the details that makes it stinks. This would be par for the course for Rato. I don't trust him and think people are stupid to take him at face value on anything he says or does or at the very least, stupid as fuck to call him based because of this.

I view this as Rato falling in line with the new power and realizing if he does this, Trump's people (the new Republican party) and the Republicans who voted him in will also remember it, and might be more likely to vote for him in the future. Its pretty simple. He has nothing to lose at this point by doing this.

the spic eats boogers on national TV, he can never be trusted based on that fact alone.

This will never happen unless they kiked Donald or something, which will HOPEFULLY never happen. Dude is nowhere near the personality it would take, his personal policy is meh tier conservashit, and all of the fags hate him..

You miss my point. Cruz wouldn't be doing this unless he had a way to keep himself in power. He's expecting a SCOTUS nomination.

To be honest it seems like Don has some serious dirt on Cruz. The rat of all people introduces this? Your suspicion is warrented of course, never trust a rat, but I wonder what the details really are

My point is that he's a fucking mercenary that's only out for himself and will always deal if given a better offer.

Nigger the fuck you on about? Whenever a case gets to the SC their judgment is final. But in all cases they examine the intent and not the letter of the laws in question.

Gotta admit, as a redemption arc, could do worse.

El Rato does things like this to pad his conservative resume, he knows that nothing will come of it. Same thing with that Gov't shutdown stunt he did a few years back.

What's bad about that except he's hispanic?

u mad

Hes not wrong, the Supreme courts major job is to insure that the constitution is interpreted as intended OR how they think society feels about how it should be interpreted as it is considered a living document.

I'm not sure if this is Rato bending the knee or him making some petty attempt at stealing Trump's thunder. Either way, it's nice to see the term limit ball rolling. That said though, keep an eye on the son of a bitch. He's not called Rato for no reason.

Bullshit. Section three disregards all previous terms before the amendment is ratified. It does nothing.

You're a dirty anti-white.

I think there is a huge reckoning coming and some politicians have now been trying to do right to cover their asses.

wtf I love Ted Cruz now

Just kidding and any faggot that thinks this clears his name is a fucking idiot

CRUZ CARE ABOUT ONE THING: CRUZ

NEVER FORGET ALL THE SLIMY SHIT HE'S PULLED TO GET AHEAD

RATO IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED

No, Dahnald. There's one more. (taps head)
I cannot self-delegate. I am a true conservative – a constitutional originalist over a reaganite endoskeleton.
I need you to achieve repeating numeric values to lower me into the molten butter.

He's a top tier faggot who's trying to stay relevant by copying Donald's ideas.
It's still pretty good.

Why

KEEP TRYING

As everyone fucking predicted, the TRS shit is just an excuse to derail actual threads and make sure Holla Forums is neutered by nonsense.

into the salsa you fucking Cuban!

Damnit

oh fuck i forgot about the butter thing.. wasnt it a cow made of butter, and he said his daughter would love it?

is butter a pedo word? rato with the golden (butter) calf. sad!

When I read the thread title, I immediately imagined presidential term limits being erased and the president's title replaced with "emperor".

Rolling to unlock the sequel.

rolling

Start working on the sequel, back badder than ever, lad.

Kek was not with me today, all I wanted wanted was to put the Cuban in the salsa!

Read it for yourself: cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/20170103_TermLimitsBill.pdf

Section 3 says that none of the terms served before ratification count against the limit.

Re roll!

check these

AGIAN

If this is true, then it is worrisome. There are too many career cucks (fucking Lindsey Graham and McCain to name a few) who need to be tossed out as soon as possible.

Impressive, very nice.

He was never a cool guy and still isn't. He should have been screaming in the streets about the north american union trade agreement his wife signed. Instead he just calls it no big deal.

Understand? He doesn't think jewish globalist control over our sovereignty is a big deal.

Still better than nothing.

Repeating digits confirm the prototype destroyed and opens the chance of a sequel in which the Cruz-bot comes back more powerful than ever.

Made of liquid metal, the Lyin T-3000 can twist and modify his words in mid-sentence whenever he is attacked, allowing for unprecendented lying ability.

That part bothers me.

Checked. True, it is a step in the right direction. I wonder if we can push for action on the last section. It would be one thing if someone has been there 2 or 3 terms but some people that have been there for decades need to be ousted. Cuckservatives and people like Bernie Sanders would find themselves on their ass and having them fight such a provision would be hilarious and make them look like typical politicians. This would make for a good trap actually to fuck over some of the older bullshit politicians.

All we had to do was flush out his delegates.

He could be the HW Bush to Trump's Reagan. Bush got elected not because anyone really liked him, but because they all fucking loved Reagan.

Anyway, what are the odds of this amendment being ratified? Amendments are, rightfully so, a bitch to pass. You need 2/3 support in both parts of Congress, then 3/4 of the states. ie, you need at least some amount of Democrat support. How likely is that in this political climate? I'm thinking this won't go anywhere, but will be something for Trump to point to and say "I tried it, but the corrupt politicians shut me down"

Trump will have it passed because no one will oppose him. That will become apparent as time goes on.

I don't understand the Anons. who want to wait for President Trump to announce and do everything himself. And why rule out the possibility that Mr Trump didn't work behind the scenes and ask Senator Cruz to draft the legislation and present it?

Sounds formidable!

It sucks, but that's typical with these types of proposals. You'll never ever get enough support for them without grandfather clauses.

How would you like to be the politician campaigning against this? It would be the definition of a pro-corruption platform and political suicide. Even in California this would be supported by the vast majority of people.

Kek wills it.
Check em'

We'll see. Never doubt Democrat's ability to use the media to spread a narrative for their purposes. Tomorrow morning people across the country will be hearing about how the Russians introduced this amendment to try and stop our glorious current representatives from serving indefinitely.

pick one

don't forget what hes done, hes trying to get on trump's good side, maybe so he doesn't, well, get arrested or worse

Kek'd

back to (((trs faggot)))

saged

It's most likely stealing Trump's thunder. He is still salty about losing the primary and is trying to sweep the dirt under the rug after that shit show of a campaign he put out last year.

Now is the time to rest, Lyin Ted.

Does that even matter now? I they keep trying to steal his thunder by going what we want, isn't that a good thing?

I don't care who introduced this. I don't care what their agenda is. Term limiting congress is a huge step in the right direction.

That's fairly common for bills of this nature.

Because we have seen too many people in Washington do things that on the surface looks good but deeper down are really meant to present an image of opposition while never meaning to do anything.

It's possible but Cruz is not trustworthy and that alone makes anything he says or does open to suspicion. The third section also is not that good and not a great move from a deal-making perspective. Trump would have pushed for some terms to count against the limit and then settled for something a bit more favorable then what is presented, while making the people bargaining against him look bad in the long run by making them look like typical career politicians. None of his tells are on this.

graham and mcain are in the senate. this bill wouldnt effect them anyway.

nevermind im retarded.

Ted seems to be a little sleepy, let's put him to bed.

I've love to see them try.

REV UP THE DOOM TED MEMES

YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN THE TRUE CONSERVATIVE. HE WARNED YOU, FOLKS.

Into the butter rato

Too true, genuine progress is progress.

Go away Dan. This is a good move but Cruz is not to be trusted.

Kek

wew lad, that meme takes me all the way back to 2015/early 2016

Now that would be a salt mine…

This is true, there is no way this would ever get any kind of support if it ousted people the moment it goes in to effect.

That said, if it should pass without Trump having anything to say about it, could it hinder in any way Trump's additional plan to ban them from becoming lobbyists or can he still do that without it being part of the amendment?

This was my thought as well. Maybe they beat Trump to it and pushed through some crippled version full of holes.

An amendment can't be pushed through that easily. Every state will have to have a referendum.

FORGOT TO SAGE

Hi Sage :)

White people write laws. If the supreme court can make up whole new categories of rights they are kings and we don't need Congress or the constitution.

Has Ted Cruz redeemed himself?
Is it possible that he was actually brainwashed by ZOG into opposing Trump but has been red pilled by Trump and now sees the light and wants to set things right?

Looks like Cruz is trying to make the Don forget about the voter fraud in Colorado. Anyone who calls him based is a faggot with the memory of a goldfish. Regardless, the bill sounds like a good idea, and I'm glad populist ideas are gaining traction in the newly assfucked Republican party.

Forgot to add, Cruz recognizes the power of bandwagoning. He stood with Rand back in 13, but only when the story started blowing up and it became apparent he wasn't sitting down. That was him trying to make a bid for the presidency 3 years early, this is probably the same.

This.
He might be cooperating now, but it's not out of the goodness of his heart, and there's absolutely no reason he should ever be trusted.

Bye, El Rato.

Wait a minute.
If they remove term limits while lifting caps on individual contributions, won't that further incentivize and enable corruption?

Also… I was really looking forward to watching Gowdy for a long time.

Is he supposed to be standing in the senate? Because that's not where he's standing.

Or is there something I'm missing?

This amendment probably has no chance of passing if it automatically shoahs half of congress.

not american but it would seem that the only strong point of that slimy piece of shit is that he's good at intercepting trends.

avoid the kind at all costs.

Shit. That image made me wish for double spoiler protection. Images of anal warts are one thing, but this…

Vote Gowdy 20XX? Or is he somehow not able to run for president?

that's the United Nations General Assembly floor

The point was that there are some in Congress that I'd rather see stay as long as they want. It's the job of the voting public to remove bad politicians and it shouldn't be the job of bad politicians to write the rules on how and when they are removed.

Also that term limits coupled with lifting caps on individual contributions (which seems to me would basically legalize bribery) might not do a damn thing to stop corruption and it might even kick it into hyperdrive considering there'd be less time for politicians to collect massive donations and return the favor to their donors.

Nice d/c try.
But you used to be beter then that.

A sinking pleasure cruze?

It's so cute how he's trying to be relevant still.

So removing PACs in name only.

Don't start faggot. He' just trying to get relevance to get elected again.

Not a dubs among a single one of you niggers.

German here, so I don't know your system that well. But isn't a third of the representatives elected every two years, with six years being a single term?

You know, this post has the repeating numeric values folks. The best.

Is it KEK's will?

Based Ted?

wtf I'm a #CruzMissile now
Seriously though, he may be a scummy creepy backstabbing rat but I think he's our rat. For now.

Still no dubs? I suppose the light of Kek must shine upon me today.

I will end this now.

Well shit, i have failed.

WHY WON'T YOU DIE ALREADY?

Hasta la vista, cruz.

No the state legislature will have to approve it.

That part is a masterstroke, you have to be retarded to object to it.

Congress has 0 chance of passing it without some concession, and this one keeps the ultimate goal the same and the congressmen voting on it get a decent enough reward(their re-election campaigns will all be slam dunks if they vote it in).

It actually makes me think they're somewhat serious about making it happen.

Congress has two parts. The 6 year terms are for the Senate only and are split up into 3rds. While the House of Representatives, which is what 'representatives' always refers to when talking about congress, has a full election every 2 years.

It's retarded to provide the concession outright in public rather than letting politicians move the provision to that in public. Those that fight against it, that push for this provision will out themselves as career politicians instead of well meaning people who want to fix things. That third part could be used as a trap to fuck over those that won't get on board. Either they fall in line, or you give them what they want and put up the current provision there, but at the cost of their reputations, if they can weather it. Putting it out there as it is now does little and puts no pressure on various politicians.
As Trump has shown, there should be a price for compromise.

We already know they're career politicians you mongoloid, it's not some spooky secret that's going to damage their careers. The whole point is writing something up to convince a group of career politicians to be the last of their kind.

Outing themselves? Falling in line? You have to be 15 if this kind of childishness is your priority instead of a tangible improvement to our system of government.

fix your low-energy bullshit

I still get urpy when I think about him eating that thing.

Rato is copying Trump's positions like in the primary.
JUST LIKE IMMIGRATION, NOBODY WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT CONGRESSIONAL TERM LIMITS WITHOUT TRUMP

ok

He's not even a U.S. citizen.

Bump

What about them?
There is no way you can fuck with them. It's not a country without the states. States can riot and states include the country and the city, so having a vote by vote system means people wind up with no say as opposed to actual democracy where people get the government to do shit for them too.

This is something that's been confusing me about Cruz. If his father was a Cuban citizen, and he was born in Canada, he should be automatically disqualified from running for President. Unlike Obama, Cruz has never tried to hide anything about his birth or upbringing. Did these sleazy fuckers in Congress change the law and then the media kept quiet about it?

Cruz redemtion arc confirmed

wtf I love rato now

As said earlier in this thread Cruz is in it for Cruz. He's finally figured out which way the wind is blowing and is using it to his advantage. Don't think for a moment that he has cast aside his aspirations for greater power. Use him for this, but always keep him at arms length.

FUCKING THIS
This is what it looks like when a strong leader takes charge of a party. The party molds itself to the leader. The republicans will become "the party of Trump" and in 20 years it'll be heresy to say anything bad about Trump as a republican looking to be elected. Think Reagan.
Cruz is still a scumbag, he's just a scumbag who's getting in line now.

You can't kill what never had a soul in the first place.

Duh.

Maybe so. In the end everyone is in it for themselves, even Trump. I still respect that he did this.

Great post. Best post on this board in a month. Rollin'

Literally 0 dubs replied. Low energy as fuck.

Begone, rato!

wtf I love rato now!
But I have always loved double dubs.

Kek has spoken

He is only thinking about the next presidential election. He wants something that looks good on him to stick so he can say, "I supported… It was my plan before Trump!" He may be bending the knee now, but they are thinking long term.

He's already raising an army of skelegates.

He won't try to primary Trump in 2020, that would be political suicide, and he's not going to be in tune with the youth wing of the GOP that's going to be their main driving force. 2024 will probably see someone we don't even think about now as the nominee, or Trump Jr.

Or Ivanka, actually. Cucking the Dems out of the first woman president accolade would be hilarious, but still. Jewess.

He only did this because he lost to Trump and wants to worm his way back into the hearts of the very people he was prepared to exploit and destroy as president. He didn't even come up with the idea himself as I never heard him utter a word about this until Trump did. Anyone who actually likes Cruz because of this is a massive retard.

(checked)
It took twenty six goddamn posts to exorcise this demon.
Goddamn.

Actually, Cruz has had his lawyers in court fighting people that have pointed out he is not a U.S. citizen.

It all hinges…just like Obama's case…on a piece of paper.

As you say, his father was not a U.S. citizen, and was a Canadian when El Rato was born in Canada.
But his mother claims she was still a U.S. citizen (there is some question about this also, but lets let that be, for now) and she therefore claims he has dual citizenship.
El Rato claims he never knew he had Canadian citizenship, as he was just a tot whwen brought to the U.S. from Canada, so when he found out, he disavowed his Canadian citizenship.

HOWEVER…

With El Rato Sr. & Mrs. El Rato Sr. living in Canada when El Rato Jr. was born, it was incumbent upon Mrs. El Rato to go to the Consulate & file a "Consular Record of Birth Abroad" for him, if he was to be considered a U.S. citizen (again, this assumes she was still a U.S. citizen herself, at the time). If she did not do this, then El Rato is NOT a U.S. citizen.

Some U.S. citizens do not need to file this form for their children born abroad, such as people working for or in the military, or those attached to international organizations & sent abroad to work…but El Rato's mother was not in this category, and so had to file that one, little form…

El Rato has not produced that form, which should be on file in Washington…it would have been necessary for him to have it on record for him to be brought LEGALLY into the U.S.
If he does not have that form, he is not only ineligible for the presidency, but not eligible to be a senator, as well…as a matter of fact, without that form, he is an illegal alien.