He's a big guy

Jaxson Gomez
Jaxson Gomez

archive.is/HjXEd

According to court documents, the 31-year-old Mesa resident told Phoenix Police detectives that he was a real-life version of famed Marvel Comics vigilante The Punisher. He also stated that he would kill “bad police officers” if need be to protect himself or his friends.

Both revelations were included in court documents, specifically a lengthy probable cause statement written by detectives who interviewed Sterling after his arrest. The statement also detailed how he slipped past security and was apprehended by police.

New Times has also learned that Sterling allegedly wanted to kill Mighty Morphin Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank (a special guest at this year’s Phoenix Comicon) and claimed he had a vendetta against the star.

Phoenix P.D. arrested Sterling at the Phoenix Convention Center. He was in possession of three handguns, a shotgun, a combat knife, pepper spray, and throwing stars.

According to the probable cause statement, Sterling (who was wearing black tactical pants, a red bandanna, black face paint, and a shotgun bandolier) entered the convention center and avoided the venue’s security, as well as one of of the peace-bonding stations for inspecting prop weapons. He then proceeded to the second floor.

Sterling was reportedly in contact with a female acquaintance from Hawthorne, California, via text message and Facebook.

After learning of Sterling’s alleged intent to have a “showdown” with cops and seeing that Sterling had posted on Facebook photos of officers at Comicon, she alerted law enforcement of the situation.

Police located Sterling sitting on a bench while reading Comicon’s programming guide. A struggle ensued as cops “immediately began to control [his] hands due to the numerous weapons they saw he had on his person.”

Sterling reportedly resisted, tore off one officer’s Phoenix P.D. patch, and “pushed his full body weight against the bench he was sitting on so he could not be moved.”

A number of officers eventually subdued Sterling, who was taken to police headquarters to be interviewed by detectives.

According to prosecutor Ed Leiter of the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, who was present at Sterling's initial court appearance on Friday, the 31-year-old suspect allegedly fessed up about his plans.

Sterling offered “numerous fantastical stories” to detectives, Leiter says, including tales of “bad police officers” and an alleged history with Frank.

Sterling allegedly told detectives that he believes there are certain cops — he calls them “Aphrodite officers” — who have “kind faces in uniform” but are ultimately bad. Apparently, he also would’ve shot the cops that arrested him if he determined they were “Aphrodite officers.”

In regards to Frank, Leiter stated at Sperling's court hearing that the suspect untended to attack and potentially kill the actor. The prosecuter also noted that Sterling’s phone had a reminder set for Thursday to “Kill JDF” at Comicon.

According to Leiter, Sterling reportedly told detectives that he stabbed the actor 15 years prior and was at Phoenix Comicon to “finish the job.”

"He exhibited a dramatic threat to the community beyond police officers, beyond Jason David Frank," Leiter stated. "A number of other people were referenced as possible targets or people he wanted to kill."

All urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HjXEd

Matthew Hernandez
Matthew Hernandez

pushed his full body weight against the bench he was sitting on so he could not be moved.

Aiden Bailey
Aiden Bailey

Damn that bitch for reporting him. Would've been funny to see this idiot get his ass handed to him by cops in a gunfight.

Jaxson Bell
Jaxson Bell

real-life Punisher
fat neckbeard
He should pick one

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

I think he did.

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

I'm the Punisher
Oh, but I'm going to kill people who have commited no crimes and pose zero threat to the community, but I have a personal grudge against
I definitely know what the Punisher is guys!

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

Sterling allegedly wanted to kill Mighty Morphin Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank

Nathaniel Clark
Nathaniel Clark

New Times has also learned that Sterling allegedly wanted to kill Mighty Morphin Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank (a special guest at this year’s Phoenix Comicon) and claimed he had a vendetta against the star.
A number of officers eventually subdued Sterling, who was taken to police headquarters to be interviewed by detectives.

FINSTER YOU FOOL! CAN'T YOU MAKE A MONSTER THAT WORKS?!

Jordan Morris
Jordan Morris

monster growing intensifies

Julian Davis
Julian Davis

Really makes ya think.

Justin Walker
Justin Walker

The phone reminder, lol

What was I supposed to do today? OH DARN

Cameron Flores
Cameron Flores

This isn't comics or cartoon related aside from the location.

Camden James
Camden James

OH NO! My Jewish eyes can't take it! I am going to sue you for attempted murder, your dirty goyim!

Chase Rivera
Chase Rivera

(((Saban)))

Oliver Ross
Oliver Ross

Are there better ways to make monsters grow than having it eat 30 cheeseburgers?

Elijah Nguyen
Elijah Nguyen

He thought he was the Punisher.
The Punisher is a comic character.
What board does it belong on then?

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

So he's the Blob?

Kevin Peterson
Kevin Peterson

and throwing stars

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

lol
black tactical pants
LOL

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

Hilarious to hear the fags whining about how their cosplay, that they spent thousands on, is now ruined because they can bring part of it in anymore.

Kevin Williams
Kevin Williams

*can't

Ian Davis
Ian Davis

They've should spent less time on the weapons

Oliver Perez
Oliver Perez

He's actually The fridge Punisher .

Grayson Jackson
Grayson Jackson

God damn it, Bulk. Skull got a new boyfriend, GET OVER IT.

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

Jesus

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

textbook case of schizophrenia

how in the fuck he got access to guns is beyond me. oh, wait. 'murrica

Levi Wilson
Levi Wilson

Why did you bump this thread?

Robert Roberts
Robert Roberts

Also, doesn't the Punisher just kill criminals?

Ian Hernandez
Ian Hernandez

edgy shit character like the punisher attracts edgy neckbeards
Wow

Levi Carter
Levi Carter

i would have never guessed.

he should have pulled an mr. Important, Not instead

Luke Barnes
Luke Barnes

What?

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

The prosecuter also noted that Sterling’s phone had a reminder set for Thursday to “Kill JDF” at Comicon.
Why is this so funny

Jaxon Barnes
Jaxon Barnes

I actually got JDF's autograph at New York Comic Con. On one hand, it's good he didn't get punisher'd. On the other hand, that autograph would have instantly become valuable.

Oh well.

Zachary Jackson
Zachary Jackson

4U

Justin Murphy
Justin Murphy

I wonder if a Punisher will show up to attack E3.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit