Sex for shelter: Craigslist ads offer homeless women indecent proposal

rt.com/uk/356121-craigslist-ads-accommodation-sex/

Online advertisements are offering free accommodation to vulnerable homeless women, as long as they are “stunning” and can prove their attractiveness with a picture, a British charity has warned.

Posted on Craigslist, the “sordid” ads are “targeting desperate women who feel they have no other options – and women who may already have experienced sexual or domestic violence,” homelessness charity Shelter said in a statement.

There are hundreds of listings on the site, some of which boldly state that women will be given free accommodation if they’re prepared to return the favor in the form of sex. The ads vary from explicit sexual demands to implied intentions.

“If any young female student is in need of free of charge accommodation and is prepared to act as a ‘resource’ in return, then please provide full personal details and a recent pic and reply from your own private email address please. No pic, no reply,” one ad states.

Moreover, the charity noted that many of those targeted in the ads may have already experienced sexual or domestic violence in the past, and noted a unique danger in the current notices.

“Women are being asked to enter a space which is entirely controlled by someone else, a person who always has the right to be there, who can say who else can enter the property and on whom they are entirely dependent for shelter,” the charity said.

“This is the vile exploitation proposed by these adverts: that women who feel they have no choice enter an arrangement where they feel they never have the choice to say no,” Shelter added.

Other urls found in this thread:

mawrgorshin.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/unsaved-preview-document.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beats what the men have to face: freezing to death on the street.

i see no problem

There are homeless people in Britain? How?

kek

A lot actually De-privatization has a price.

Damn… I thought western Europe had no homeless due to the strong welfare state and shit

this one isnt the best
Is this the delusion americans have? They are actively destroying whatever is left of the welfare state.

I live there. Just do a quick google search and you will find all kinds of changes like abolishing free higher education.

top kek, nothing stopping you from doing this

You're already a fucking faggot anyways :^)

This is old news, CL ads in the US have offered free food/lodging/gifts/babies/marriage to women for many years. Student books, too.

I've thought about doing it as a last ditch effort many times when I've been poor, but then realized you could probably get a much better guy who would provide you these things from OKCupid or something, as long as you were up front about it.

Women can be choosy, what else is new?

Look at Greece even.
Trains? Privatized.
Phone? Same.
Water? They are trying.
Power? Same.
University? We prevented it back in my day.

Neoliberalism is being enforced all over EU and US still thinks "EU is commies or something".

Buttmad MRA neckbeard detected

I don't believe they are going to find any "stunning" homeless women because it is pretty easy for any "stunning" women to just go and find a dumb beta to provide for her, and even if a "stunning" woman somehow ends up on the streets she's up for a very harsh time which tends to pay a toll on any "stunniness".

>>>/reddit/

But these homeless people are free to choose this and they're better off because of it, ergo it's not exploitation. Checkmate, coercivists.

red pill and mras are two opposing reactionary groups, not one

Pretty much the same thing, just angry virgins

this

Seriously if you are homeless you're fucked. The idea of legal, legitimate control of your property means that if you have no land you must always be subjected to the whims of another private individual or else the state's power while in communal areas. And considering how little political sway the homeless have, any power they have over those communal areas is robbed as well when land owners vote to place more and more restrictions on what you can do in communal areas, even going so far to put up spikes to prevent homeless people from sleeping there.

0.2 bitcoin is 0.2 bitcoin

Bedroom to rent, dinner included.

t. Armin Meiwes

Well actually in the time it took between typing the first 0.2 and the second, the strength of bitcoin changed again, so that's not actually correct.

is this a parody of the "knowledge problem" ""argument"" ancaps always try to use?

.5 grams of gold is .5 grams gold

You sound triggered.

Someone needs to read the ABCs of dialectics.

Their body, their choice, right fellow leftists?

read economic!!!!!1111!!!!!one one

mawrgorshin.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/unsaved-preview-document.png

im shit posting

Not a woman, but I was actually in a situation similar to this for about 6 months when I was young and pretty. Basically, be available for sex at all times, don't complain or you're out on the street. It's never put in so many words, but that was the reality.

Having just been on the street for a while, I was not keen to go back and anywhere seemed better than that.

It is purely exploitative and dehumanising. Absolutely disgusting that any person should feel they have no choice but that kind of arrangement in modern society.

This is what idpol looks like.

THIS

Sounds just like any other job tbh

When isn't a gay man available for sex at all times?

this is what idpol looks like

That comic you posted violates the non-aggression principle.

There are no homeless women you morons, much less any "stunning" ones.

This is sugar daddies looking for college students and similar whores.

This 2bh

Nigga that's some weapons-grade ideology

Because of course you have to bring up the problems of every group every time you want to discuss the problems of one.

So every time we argue about our exploitation under the Capitalist system, we will also have to discuss the plight of the African farmer.

You say that like capitalism doesn't shit on African farmers somehow. Meanwhile we were talking about gender, which is a distinction that focuses on one half of the population over another. It's not comparable to some obscure minority.

you wouldn't be asking that question if you knew the guy I was staying with at the time

these days, when I "have a headache" ie. would rather be playing video games or reading a book

I'm not saying they aren't relevant, just that you don't have to constantly bring them up.

I didn't bring them up. I'm pointing out the larger issue here, which (perhaps inadvertently) brought up. Homelessness affects people of any gender, and complaining that one demographic (attractive women) has an unsavory way to ameliorate the effects is very out of touch with the problem as a whole. It's just more minutiae to distract people from class.

I agree with you, it is part of a larger issue, and I think most people on Holla Forums are already aware of it. What OP is saying, basically, is "Remember this shitty thing? Now it's even more shitty."

We've privatised most of our social housing, reduced funding to build new houses (more social homes are sold than built even right now), and most landlords would rather keep their properties vacant than lower the cost of rent (just do an internet search for rental properties in the UK, it's not uncommon to see listings remain vacant for months and months on end).

Regarding the topic at hand, I turned away a homeless girl from my shitty flat once. She sneaked up on me as I was about to enter the main foyer and offered to sleep with me but I didn't want that nor did I want a stranger in my apartment.

It felt pretty bad as it was a cold winters night.

I wonder if this will effect the taste of the water, most European immigrants who come here like Poles, Romanians and even Greeks that I've met, prefer to drink bottled or filtered water and say the tap water tastes disgusting in the UK.

was she cute?

Yes but:

1. I have no trouble getting laid.

2. Even if she was some kind of fantastical embodiment of the female form, she was begging and pleading in her trembling voice that it felt morally bankrupt to have sex with her. It really kills the mood for me.

It would honestly kill the mood for me.

Why didn't I just let her in to sleep on the floor? It would set a precedent that she could do that whenever and I'm already paranoid of the chicks that I'm already sleeping who aren't homeless, in case they steal my wallet.