What's the best free antivirus software, anons? My PC keeps randomly crashing recently...

What's the best free antivirus software, anons? My PC keeps randomly crashing recently, as well as randomly waking itself up for no apparent reason in the middle of the night, and I want to run an antivirus check to make sure that it's not because I'm infected with a coin-miner that's eating up my processing power or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7kZKq7ztKVU
av-comparatives.org/
packages.debian.org/stretch/steam
packages.debian.org/stretch/clamav
pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/solutions/free-antivirus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Linux
Firefox + uBlock Origin + uMatrix
Firewall
Common sense

Common Sense, 2018 Edition

do not listen to this user, op. linux is an unsafe operating system. it is not professionally developed like windows or mac is, plus, anyone can contribute to it, so its really easy for a hacker to hide a virus in their code, upload it to the mainframe, and then everyone downloads it the next time they install updates.

low quality bait
youtube.com/watch?v=7kZKq7ztKVU

Listen to this guy, it actually happened to me once. It installed a virus called GNU on my Linux, which wiped everything, and it was so potent that I kept trying to installing avast and nothing happened. I clicked the .exe and literally nothing happened. It was really scary.

GNU virus is particularly insidious. Unlike the run of the mill virus, GNU infects source codes, and once one part of your code comes into contact with GNU, it spreads to the ENTIRE system. Even if you just link a GNU library into your code, that shit works its way back into the source.

Another hot tip is to never run a firewall. When you do that you're putting a big signpost out there saying HEY INTERNET, I HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE. It's like walking down the information high way with a bullseye on your back.The same thing goes for encryption. Why would any non-criminal go to the trouble of using complex mathematical codes to scramble data before it hits their hard drive rath than storing it cleanly in a natural form? Just like not having a facebook profile, encrypted drives are a massive red flag to law enforcement.

You joke but some police departments are starting to view not having a facebook account/social media account as suspicious behavior.

Hey guys I've got this GNU virus too. I've checked my htop task manager and it said I also have systemd process using 80% of my CPU. Must have been a payload that is downloaded after the initial trojan sneaks through. I also checked my router logs and the computer constantly tried to establish connections with NSA servers, thank's G-d I've got them blocklisted before alredy. Fucking American hackers man, I bet they're trying to mess up with our elections on 18th March. But! thankfully to Kaspersky™ LiveCD I successfully wiped those two nasty viruses and installed Windows Subsystem for Linux. No more GNU and no more systemd on my machine hehe!

They all suck Pottering balls, BUT.. Comodo and its firewall are almost as paranoid as Holla Forums on the "high autism" er, high alert setting.

But almost nothing will help if you hit "install" on a carefully crafted torrent.

No one cares what britistan does.

was that the one where you where asking how to install ubuntu from windows?

No, it used to be. They fucked it up in recent versions. You're probably referring to the leak that talks about the Comodo AV and calls it "paranoid". The systems they're talking about aren't in place anymore.
I suggest you use bitdefender now

Don't do it, Uriel, they're almost done with Moth-

It's $70, user. That's not free.

No thanks, user. I can't run my Steam games on that.

Thanks, user! You're the only one in this thread who's actually suggested something helpful.

The antivirus part can suck for sure, but in windows, the firewall part is indispensable. I mean, how else are you going to block consent.exe telemetry and odd instances of svchost?

av-comparatives.org/
Personally I'd say Panda.
Bitdefender Free installs its own root SSL certificate to MITM ALL traffic without your permission. You can just delete it but it could come back in an update at any time. In fact this seems to be a common occurrence in "security" software these days.

packages.debian.org/stretch/steam

No thanks. Actually free, not "the first taste is free".

free as in freedom
packages.debian.org/stretch/clamav

That's actually true, no matter how much open sauce cucks want to deny it. How long did it take again to find the Heartbleed flaws in OpenSSL (whether it was an accidental bug or an intentionally planted exploit is irrelevant here)?

What is the current state of ClamAV? Was it not the only "free as in freedums" AV software in existence?

What would the legal foundation of that be? What juristiction are we speaking of here?
You can freely choose your operating system, software, ISP, internet protocols you make use of, email provider, phone manufacturer, mobile network provider etc. (and if you so desire and are able to get by without any of those services, you can do so as well). Contrarily, there is only a handful of relevant "social media" service providers, and the service of each of them is quite distinct, thus there is no real competition of any sort. Are authorities going to force you to register with a specific service? Is Facebook going to be receive the status of a quasi-government institution in all of the western world countries? Or how is that supposed to work?

pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/solutions/free-antivirus/
user you had better fucking be some badass 80 year old grandpa who only uses the internet to get fresh pussy and not just a lazy fucking nignog jigaboo moon cricket magilla gorilla or so help me God I will f

Yeah I got Faces, right here on my Amiga 500.