github.com/AlexAltea/orbital
github.com/AlexAltea/orbital-qemu
playdeb.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My GNU/Linux compatible gaymes

I have a puppy powered laptop.

What games are compatible with this chip
ark.intel.com/products/49653/Intel-Core-i5-560M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_66-GHz

I know onboard graphics are shit, but I'm trying to interest my teenage sister in computers.

There are lots of linux games on google play.

This is now an open source vidya thread:

Can we get a list of actually GOOD open source games?

Can flatpak allow Steam to run on a system that uses musl libc?

Crawl is the only game anyone would ever need.

Just make your own games with C

I don't think you could include glibc... Or it might cause problems if you did.

Video game is not technology.
Kindly fuck off to
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/lv/

Video games ARE tech, but it would be more fitting to have a thread about developing them. Or at least open source games.

>>>/agdg/

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/lv/

Go away, cuck/g/.

assembly*

machine code*

Just make your games using discrete components.

How is the state of gaming on Linux not a tech topic?

People here can discuss :

- Wine
- Linux graphics card drivers : open source and proprietary
- Emulation (Virtualbox, etc.)
- Emulation of console games on Linux
- Porting of game engines (Doom, Elder Scrolls)

Been gaming on GNU/Linux for a while. Other than firejail not being the comfiest of programs to use, and some games refusing to run at all, it's been a fairly pleasant experience. Valve's Steam Runtime was really a good idea, but some games just refuse to use those libraries and instead bind against system libraries because why would devs ever want their game to run in distros other than Ubuntu 15.04.

I guess I'll contribute to :

I highly, highly recommend Mednafen (in combination with the separate Mednaffe GUI front-end if you prefer the convenience of graphical interfaces) !

Its Playstation 1 emulation, which is what it's known for afaik, is the best I've ever seen and it claims to be "more accurate than the original console", which take it for what it is, but it's really that good.

It really brings back nostalgia hard.

I should add that it's free (GPL 2).

if you want to interest her in computers more than in videogames and see her grow up as twitch whore, teach her how to actually use technology, maybe teach her how to use terminal, how to organize photos with it (something very practical for a girl once she gets addicted to pic everything including herself), teach her about cool addons she could use to get "cool" at social media, hell show her some 1337 movies so she wanna be a haxx0r and most importantly
or maybe how to code small fun websites to show his friends (womans always likes to learn/do things to get attention)
as difference as the rest of us that started doing it at a work and getting rekt by 9-5 slavery

I second that advice. Don't try to get her interested in computers, get her interested in computers for the sake of computers, but for the sake of getting shit done. It reminds me of the story about how secretaries were using Emacs and would pick up little by little how to extend it and without even knowing that they were learning a programming language they learned how to program.
gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html

Most people don't care about computers. In fact, most people don't care about most thing. But being able to get a load of work automated with a handful of lines of code is a worthwhile skill. For example, you could tag a bunch of images one by one by hand, or you could write a little Shell or Python script to do it all in one go for you. Now that is something that's useful.

Oh, and maybe make her a cheat sheet or something, keeping all the commands and syntax in your head can be a drag. And make sure she knows how to read the documentation, that is one skill that is too often overlooked.

Sorry, should be

>Baldurs Gate: (((Enhanced Edition)))
>Baldurs Gate II: (((Enhanced Edition)))
kys

Is that picture supposed to be ironic?

sunrider wasnt THAT bad.

Sorry, I don't discuss made-up words.

I have a CRT I like to use for gaming, video, and photos, driven by an nVidia GTX 960, and want some way to use the monitor's full capabilities for more optimal refresh and resolution modes. Every GUI I can find is horribly outdated or incapable of bypassing the pathetic default modes, and CLI instructions seem to vary from editing the XOrg file in undocumented and flaky ways clear to flashing the monitor with a hacked EDID.

Is there any equivalent of Powerstrip or SwitchRes for Linux? Or at least some modern, complete instructions for doing custom modes by hand?

MY NIGGA

Someone PLEASE update the Extra Hearty cumulative feature restoration fork from v0.14
github.com/tmhedberg/dcss-ehe

Did you try using xrandr?

Do source ports and source remakes count, like OpenMW?

DCSS has always been mediocre, and it's becoming really really shitty with every patch removing half the remaining features. Now every character basically plays the same except some are stronger than others and the game is way too luck-reliant unless you just choose an op race/class and spacebar to victory.

Nethack is really fucking good though (except I fucking hate the sokoban shit, it's fun once but it gets really annoying after the 5th time).

Elona+ COULD be good but it relies too much on in-your-face ebin maymays instead (little girl castle-style) and has really fucking awful balance and game progression (you can get the best weapon in the game 5 minutes in by gifting shit to a random adventurer so he'll sell you his gun of kill-everything-in-one-hit for 5 pennies, and the non-cheat way to win the first part of the story involves grinding for hundreds of hours; there are tons of ways to be one-shot in areas way under your level such as rare high-level spawns in low-level areas that make hardcore more not a viable way to play, there are way too many exploit-tier ways to play that trivialize the game (piano + bells is an obvious one); etc.). The life skill aspect is real nifty and it's a shame it's barely developed past the level of an afterthought.

Implying the steak is there.

wow you made all of those games yourself?

Yes.

Recent switch from Windows 7 to Solus here. Factorio runs flawlessly and has a native client and everything. That's the only PC game I've played since switching to Linux.

Steam is not "Linux Gaming".

Correct.
Steam is a proprietary download client and DRM system with a native linux binary that allows for native games to be installed on your system. The games offered however, by virtue of running native in a Linux environment, are linux gaming.
Of course, let us not forget the various open-source games provided in your distribution's repository and elsewhere as they are a vital part of gaming on the penguin os for which Stallman so desperately wants credit.

Pleb.

So like what was the last good version of this game? I don't want to start with lame version.

Seeing what the other user posted, v0.2. Mutagenic rations were half the fun.
But seriously, if you haven't played it before, just go with trunk (the latest build). It's still a good game.

Not too crazy about getting into a game where they're randomly changing stuff all the time. If there's no stable "good" version, I'll just stick with old classics.

They're really not changing much, and it's not particularly random either.

Steam isn't even "PC Gaming", it's virtual console that gives publishers a quasi-standard DRM. Real PC gaming is the wild days of mods and hacks. Before there was Battle.net there was Kali.

naev > endless sky

Tee Worlds is a multiplayer 2d platform shooter with AAA (TM) quality netcode. I'm making the most important game of the early 21st century, and it will support gaynix as well as winblows.

DJZZZZZUUUUUUU

now that's something i havent seen in a long time

Eh, they're not always for the worse. TOME & DCSS went to shit, but did you know that UnReal World used to be a generic high fantasy game with goblins and elves for years, before it was overhauled into its current niche as a realistic historical survival game?

fucking roundears

just buy a ps4

Implying the steak is ready to eat in the picture posted by the other guy, looks a little bit under-cooked to me.

Thanks, but I'd rather wait for people to start work on emulating the PS4 on Linux.

In the mean time, I would rather get comfy and play all console games from the SNES all the way to the PS3 through the PS1 and Dreamcast.

Efforts are currently underway
github.com/AlexAltea/orbital
github.com/AlexAltea/orbital-qemu

Tried it, barfed up errors. Reading about the errors leads me to suspect it might be due to a mismatch between multiple versions of xrandr and nVidia's drivers. Kind of a derail, so I'll shift over to the tech support thread:

disgusting

Steam isn't PC gaming for the simple fact that PCs moved on to 64-bit one and a half decades ago, and unlike Epic, Valve has no competent programmers so they stayed in the win32 mindset forever.

Sure, why not?

I was more than a little annoyed to find it's not in Ubuntu's repos anymore. It's on Steam now though, so not a huge deal.

No.

I have been wondering why we haven't seen ANY game distributors using these DADs. Even AppImage would be a step up from the Mojo installers GOG uses.

How about you post what shit games you have, nigger

Sunrider is open source? How'd I miss that?

What is wrong with Pillars of Eternity?
And what about Baldur's Gate? I hope you are implying the problem is in the enhanced edition.
I mean, crpgs are now nu-male thing only, right nigger?

POE has some flaws, but the main prob,em with Baldur's Gate EE is the SJW shit they inserted into the story. I'm talkin' name dropping GG levels of bullshit.

problem*

Did you get the game on GOG? If so, you should have gotten the original versions for free, which you can run in GemRB.

meant for

Try GetDeb and PlayDeb, they've got a much wider selection, and newer packages:
playdeb.net/

osgameclones.com

Does anyone know if Emperor Rise of Middle Kingdom was ever ported to linux? I saw talk about that on a Chinese torrenting forum in 2004 and thought it was a joke.

Trips for best girl~

GOG considered AppImage, but there was no good way to apply branding.

What do you mean by this?

The whole reason they switched from tarballs to Mojo is so they could have their branding featured on an installer. You cant have that with tarballs or Appimages. I'm not even sure you can do that with Flatpaks or Snaps.

THIS IS NOW A RUST THREAD