Redpill me on Singapore

Redpill me on Singapore.

Is it true that it has "no culture"?

It's high on the HDI, has low crime, good education, you name it. But I don't know a single cultural achievement out of that country - music, movies, art - nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/1993/04/gibson-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's an authoritarian gook city-state. So of course it is clean and safe, but gooks have no souls so you cannot expect much from it culturally.

It's like Canada in that it has a lot of cultural patrimony, but that's been progressively eroded by the forces of globalization and postmodernism to "lol has no culture."

In the end it's difficult to pin down exactly what makes Singapore unique until after it's gone. Like Hong Kong, or Goa, or Macau, or most of the more irrelevant Western countries.

Bunch of rich yellow kikes doing business deals. Whatever culture ever existed there is gone now, it has become a Chinese merchant city hated by the surrounding area.

We got a Singaporean exchange student and he made a presentation on what Singapore is like, it's basically what said, but they also have ghettoes for the other ethnicities. I almost lost my shit when he said that when he went to the pajeet part of Singapore that he couldn't stand it because it smelled like shit.

Singapore prides itself on being a meritocracy. They have an ideological disdain for enforced equality. Hell, their own universities are trying to push the socjus message there and they're getting the shaft.

Singaporean here, it's true. The only little bit of culture we have is carefully raised and pruned by the government into something that's entirely safe and artificial.

It is literally an authoritarian gook police state, safe and clean. But there is no freedom, a strong confucian culture which means the city is heavily divided by class and you live like human cattle packed into glass prisons.

It's true. The city has been totally scrubbed of any character whatsoever. A good anaolgy is a film digitally scrubbed of all grain and noise, to the point it appears artificial.

And it's full of the rudest, most disgusting chinks you'll ever come across.

Leftist code word for no degeneracy.

Yeah, it's pure shit. Just another "global city" identical to every other on earth. At least they execute people for drugs, which is one positive. Other than that, it's a worthless place.

I had an internet friend who lived in Singapore, and he told me that basically all the young people are degenerate subhumans who want nothing more than to do drugs and fuck foreigners. It's basically the same as any shithole western city, but it has a nice shiny veneer over it.

That's my impression as well, but i've never been there.

What was Singapore like originally and how has it changed over time?

checked

Lee Kuan Yew is on to something tbh

Never been there, but it doesn't seem too bad. William Gibson called it "Disneyland with the Death Penalty" back in '93: wired.com/1993/04/gibson-2/

Isn't that true for anywhere in Asia?

Not at all. Malaysians, Indonesians and Japanese are friendly. Taiwanese i've heard are very friendly. Thais are pleasant but backwards. I can't say much for mainland china, but i've never before been somewhere where i've been spoken to like dirt by 4 different people in the space of 12 hours (got the fuck out after that).

Singaporeans actually think they're better than you because they live in Singapore, despite the fact they all live in one-room boxes.

Nowhere is the soulless chink stereotype more true than in Singapore.

There's some really fucking good illustrative artists coming out of Singapore, but most of them end up working in comics or games.

It's a fascist city state that does what it does very well. There isn't much a culture to speak of, because Singapore itself isn't really a nation

Singapore was originally a country that had nothing and had to sacrifice culture to get anywhere in this world.

The government had a death grip on everything in the country, although some argue it had no choice, because being a tiny multiracial country in SEA has a lot of instability.

Now we actually have some measure of wealth and progress, but in exchange people here are bred as a resource, not as a people.

You might have met some mainland chinese instead of born and bred Singaporean chinese. We're having something of an immigrant problem from china as well. No one likes those fucks.

Creative Labs

Cities in general tend to have less culture, especially if there is lots of immigration.

Just lots of distractions and hurrying around. Makes it more difficult

It's a soulless, multicultural, globalist, crammed, sterile, materialist hellhole. Still better than most of the west though, because at least they cleanse criminal degenerates.

I have a friend in Singapore and he's a really cool dude. But I've never actually heard him talk about his country.

Sub human compared to the native Singapore population, or just because they are degenerate?

Oh, you mean that company that sells overpriced underperforming sound cards?

The very same that got shit all over by Gravis Ultrasound owners, yes.

It's particularly bad here because the government just bans all kinds of things for very little reason.

Chewing gum? Banned. Shisha? Banned. Drinking in public past 10PM? Banned. It's all so tightly controlled that people don't have any personal development.

People who support facism tend to be blind to the downsides, which is what we experience over here. It's certainly far from a perfect form of governence.

OP, note that from all the replies here, all of them critical of Singapore, none have brought up the one aspect that Singapore cares about: the economy.

Singapore is making so much money that all its neighbors in Asia want to be like them. Singaporeans can move to any of the surrounding countries and live the rest of their lives as kings with their savings, but instead their "drive" is to make even more money for money's sake. Observers ignorant of what really is going on see only an efficient, successful, and prosperous nation free of visible corruption and degeneracy despite their many conglomerates have been known to be involved in any sort of business imaginable, both above and under the table. The lure of prosperity is very tempting indeed.

You should be able to draw your own conclusions on what Singapore is.

This makes no sense. What does sacrificing culture have to do with it?

You're saying if Haiti sacraficed their culture, things would get better? I don't buy it.

The whole Singapore thing sounds like bullshit. City has big nice buildings and lots of international business. So does Dubai, and we all know how bad it is there.

Singapore has dirty laundry. They're just better at hiding it.

It's an example of our future.
I HOPE

Well, think of what a standard country has in terms of culture. A history, right? Maybe a traditional dress, food, music, language, way of life, all of those things.

Singapore has always been a patchwork of races due to being a tiny island, and in order not to allow any sort of disorder in the perfect bonsai garden, any kind of naturally grown culture is culled and replaced with stale, enforced, "every race has it's say, every race has representation, we celebrate every race's major holiday".

No culture has been allowed to grow, apart from the sterile and bland template that the government enforces, all in the name of preserving this country and keeping in growing fiancially.