SOROS DEFENDS "OPEN SOCIETY"

Soros pens defense of "open societies" and trashes Trump. Currently comments are still open. Most of them are shitting all over him.

archive.is/T4pyM
www. project-syndicate.org/onpoint/open-society-needs-defending-by-george-soros-2016-12#comments

NEW YORK – Well before Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, I sent a holiday greeting to my friends that read: “These times are not business as usual. Wishing you the best in a troubled world.” Now I feel the need to share this message with the rest of the world. But before I do, I must tell you who I am and what I stand for.
I am an 86-year-old Hungarian Jew who became a US citizen after the end of World War II. I learned at an early age how important it is what kind of political regime prevails. The formative experience of my life was the occupation of Hungary by Hitler’s Germany in 1944. I probably would have perished had my father not understood the gravity of the situation. He arranged false identities for his family and for many other Jews; with his help, most survived.
The Year Ahead 2017 Cover Image
In 1947, I escaped from Hungary, by then under Communist rule, to England. As a student at the London School of Economics, I came under the influence of the philosopher Karl Popper, and I developed my own philosophy, built on the twin pillars of fallibility and reflexivity. I distinguished between two kinds of political regimes: those in which people elected their leaders, who were then supposed to look after the interests of the electorate, and others where the rulers sought to manipulate their subjects to serve the rulers’ interests. Under Popper’s influence, I called the first kind of society open, the second, closed.
The classification is too simplistic. There are many degrees and variations throughout history, from well-functioning models to failed states, and many different levels of government in any particular situation. Even so, I find the distinction between the two regime types useful. I became an active promoter of the former and opponent of the latter.
I find the current moment in history very painful. Open societies are in crisis, and various forms of closed societies – from fascist dictatorships to mafia states – are on the rise. How could this happen? The only explanation I can find is that elected leaders failed to meet voters’ legitimate expectations and aspirations and that this failure led electorates to become disenchanted with the prevailing versions of democracy and capitalism. Quite simply, many people felt that the elites had stolen their democracy.
After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the US emerged as the sole remaining superpower, equally committed to the principles of democracy and free markets. The major development since then has been the globalization of financial markets, spearheaded by advocates who argued that globalization increases total wealth. After all, if the winners compensated the losers, they would still have something left over.
The argument was misleading, because it ignored the fact that the winners seldom, if ever, compensate the losers. But the potential winners spent enough money promoting the argument that it prevailed. It was a victory for believers in untrammeled free enterprise, or “market fundamentalists,” as I call them. Because financial capital is an indispensable ingredient of economic development, and few countries in the developing world could generate enough capital on their own, globalization spread like wildfire. Financial capital could move around freely and avoid taxation and regulation.

second part:

Globalization has had far-reaching economic and political consequences. It has brought about some economic convergence between poor and rich countries; but it increased inequality within both poor and rich countries. In the developed world, the benefits accrued mainly to large owners of financial capital, who constitute less than 1% of the population. The lack of redistributive policies is the main source of the dissatisfaction that democracy’s opponents have exploited. But there were other contributing factors as well, particularly in Europe.
I was an avid supporter of the European Union from its inception. I regarded it as the embodiment of the idea of an open society: an association of democratic states willing to sacrifice part of their sovereignty for the common good. It started out at as a bold experiment in what Popper called “piecemeal social engineering.” The leaders set an attainable objective and a fixed timeline and mobilized the political will needed to meet it, knowing full well that each step would necessitate a further step forward. That is how the European Coal and Steel Community developed into the EU.
But then something went woefully wrong. After the Crash of 2008, a voluntary association of equals was transformed into a relationship between creditors and debtors, where the debtors had difficulties in meeting their obligations and the creditors set the conditions the debtors had to obey. That relationship has been neither voluntary nor equal.
Germany emerged as the hegemonic power in Europe, but it failed to live up to the obligations that successful hegemons must fulfill, namely looking beyond their narrow self-interest to the interests of the people who depend on them. Compare the behavior of the US after WWII with Germany’s behavior after the Crash of 2008: the US launched the Marshall Plan, which led to the development of the EU; Germany imposed an austerity program that served its narrow self-interest.
Before its reunification, Germany was the main force driving European integration: it was always willing to contribute a little bit extra to accommodate those putting up resistance. Remember Germany’s contribution to meeting Margaret Thatcher’s demands regarding the EU budget?

is this shriveled up sack of matzo shit ever going to say anything that's newsworthy?

Third Part:
But reuniting Germany on a 1:1 basis turned out to be very expensive. When Lehman Brothers collapsed, Germany did not feel rich enough to take on any additional obligations. When European finance ministers declared that no other systemically important financial institution would be allowed to fail, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, correctly reading the wishes of her electorate, declared that each member state should look after its own institutions. That was the start of a process of disintegration.
After the Crash of 2008, the EU and the eurozone became increasingly dysfunctional. Prevailing conditions became far removed from those prescribed by the Maastricht Treaty, but treaty change became progressively more difficult, and eventually impossible, because it couldn’t be ratified. The eurozone became the victim of antiquated laws; much-needed reforms could be enacted only by finding loopholes in them. That is how institutions became increasingly complicated, and electorates became alienated.
The rise of anti-EU movements further impeded the functioning of institutions. And these forces of disintegration received a powerful boost in 2016, first from Brexit, then from the election of Trump in the US, and on December 4 from Italian voters’ rejection, by a wide margin, of constitutional reforms.
Democracy is now in crisis. Even the US, the world’s leading democracy, elected a con artist and would-be dictator as its president. Although Trump has toned down his rhetoric since he was elected, he has changed neither his behavior nor his advisers. His cabinet comprises incompetent extremists and retired generals.
What lies ahead?
I am confident that democracy will prove resilient in the US. Its Constitution and institutions, including the fourth estate, are strong enough to resist the excesses of the executive branch, thus preventing a would-be dictator from becoming an actual one.
Fake news or real views LEARN MORE
But the US will be preoccupied with internal struggles in the near future, and targeted minorities will suffer. The US will be unable to protect and promote democracy in the rest of the world. On the contrary, Trump will have greater affinity with dictators. That will allow some of them to reach an accommodation with the US, and others to carry on without interference. Trump will prefer making deals to defending principles. Unfortunately, that will be popular with his core constituency.
I am particularly worried about the fate of the EU, which is in danger of coming under the influence of Russian President Vladimir Putin, whose concept of government is irreconcilable with that of open society. Putin is not a passive beneficiary of recent developments; he worked hard to bring them about. He recognized his regime’s weakness: it can exploit natural resources but cannot generate economic growth. He felt threatened by “color revolutions” in Georgia, Ukraine, and elsewhere. At first, he tried to control social media. Then, in a brilliant move, he exploited social media companies’ business model to spread misinformation and fake news, disorienting electorates and destabilizing democracies. That is how he helped Trump get elected.
The same is likely to happen in the European election season in 2017 in the Netherlands, Germany, and Italy. In France, the two leading contenders are close to Putin and eager to appease him. If either wins, Putin’s dominance of Europe will become a fait accompli.
I hope that Europe’s leaders and citizens alike will realize that this endangers their way of life and the values on which the EU was founded. The trouble is that the method Putin has used to destabilize democracy cannot be used to restore respect for facts and a balanced view of reality.
With economic growth lagging and the refugee crisis out of control, the EU is on the verge of breakdown and is set to undergo an experience similar to that of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s. Those who believe that the EU needs to be saved in order to be reinvented must do whatever they can to bring about a better outcome.

I posted this yesterday. Thread was removed.

His last words will make the frontpages soon

How is he still alive?

You I've always wondered why Soros is suddenly making waves and headlines in the last year. I thought he was part of a secret cabal?

Is it possible they're "sacrificing" him to the public to remain hidden?

Blood from the corpses of white children he fucked.

Why we need COMMUNISM NOW, by George Soros

Since the election I have been looking for an intellectual center of discussion of the modern left, especially in regards to American politics. I am ready to gear up and take the battle to their turf and how saddening it is to realize they are nothing but good guy bad guy branding simps. Even Soros in what I assume was meant to be a troop rallying letter offers very little of any weight, if you don't already agree with him that Trump/Putin are eeevil subverters of "democracy" whatever that means to these people any more.
Are there any decent left leaning intellectuals to read/forums for discussion that aren't just essentially name calling?

If you find one, let us know. The internet has been shit for discussion since at least ~2000. Prior to that it was mostly only civilized white men who had computers and had discussions online. There is a lot more truth out there now but also a lot more chaff.

These "predictions" are also noteworthy because we can assume that he intends to mobilize everything he can to make these things happen:

Read: More racebaiting, more 1%-financed nigger riots, I'm guessing they'll start pushing a "deportation atrocity" angle as soon as the first illegal Mexicans get sent home. If the refugee situation is anything to go by expect to hear a lot about MUH CHILDREN. Lots and lots of deported children.

Democracy at this point means Jews in charge. The US will be unable to spread Jewish domination in the rest of the world.

Everyone who collaborates with Trump will be labelled a dictator.

We will keep winning. Even George can't deny it anymore.

Putin will be blamed for everything opposing the EU.

Living in the EU may not be as bad as being a Soviet citizen but getting there is only a matter of time, thanks to criminal mass immigration pushed by George Soros. Come to think of it, it would seem as though he wants the EU to fail, something I haven't considered. Why would he want the EU to fail? Too much competition for the US? Weird. You'd think it would be the perfect vehicle for mongrelization so why blow your load early and ruin it now? What's the rush? Soros and his associates could have continued boiling us slowly for another few decades at which point he would have faced zero opposition. Instead they are suddenly turning the heat up now. Someone explain this.

Imageboards and the internet (the latter of which you referred to) are examples as to why making things too accessible is bad in the long run - you can also apply this to good countries who slacken their stances on immigration and then proceed to meet their doom. First you have the people who actually make the system; people who genuinely are interested in what it is and are intelligent enough to understand its workings go there and it thrives. Eventually it becomes dumbed down and people who would have never cared about such things are introduced to said system. For the imageboard part it was stuff like memes and the media talking about "l33t cyber hackerz are trolling ur kids" that attracted many "Dank Meme" Facebook group types who then carried things back to their shithole for all of the soccer moms and other uninterested types could bastardize and dilute. The broad internet example is of course most easily shown via the introduction to social media and mobile devices which made the cancer grow and spread exponentially. The country part is the easiest to describe: there is no magic sand; you cannot bring a save to a sanctuary and expect him to act civilized simply because he is there - I do believe that you can make decent people become savages if you make savagery and idiocy the norm (see: dysgenics). The latter is obviously far easier to achieve if you promote it which is exactly what is being done - partly by idealists who are so idealistic and more importantly - safe - that they're somewhat detached from reality, and this is partly encouraged by those who seek to benefit in the short term (see: their lifespans) and care little to none about the future (and if they do, they can still be virtually assured that their immediate offspring can afford to stay safe in that event). As we all know, Mark Zuckerberg is all for not having walls as long as you don't set your filthy little feet on his lawn.

Soros was never secret, he's always been the early fall guy in case the goyim actually find their balls and try to go after the puppetmasters. Thinking of him as the Rothschilds' canary in the coal mine. Hell even that fool Beck talked about him on Fox years ago.

with that being said I agree with the post.

How new are you?

Yeah, thanks a lot Yanks. I guess Soros just can't resist trashing those ebil Nadsis that helped him get rich in the first place.

Can't we meme this kike pigfucker dead? Post a pic of his ugly face and all of us stare at the bastard at the same time and unleash some kind of fucking cyber-based, fibre-optic guided exploding rectal hate beam?

420/pol/ used to be a good far lefty board that invited right wing discussion in a civil manner

Over the years the mods got even more pozzed. Turns out kirtaner is close friends with Zoey quinn and any GG mentions or as of late, right wing thought, is heavily censored and they ban for bullshit

pick one, and only one you disgusting kike faggot

Just a quick reminder: whenever the (((elites))) say "we", "people", "us", "common good" and the like, they do not mean you or me. They're talking about themselves.

nice to hear his name in msm more often

Seriously, spoiler that dessicated toad's face. I was eating.

Found a great response in the comments:

For those who don't know, "the open society" is an idea from the jew Karl Popper (also known for the idea of "falsifiability" in philosophy of science). It's basically the standard Jewtopia where all borders and differences are dissolved and the world is united in peace and harmony (under their benevolent Jewish overlords of course).

Did you never have elementary school science class?

Reminds me of the Eternal September.

Sounds divine

I am okay with this.

Yeah. Some brazilian politician even talked about Soros connection with worldwide drug smuggling back in 1998. This guy is where he is to take the heat on behalf of the Rothschilds.

How long until Soros' leaders throw him under the bus?

Until he croaks, then they'll switch to his son, who promises to be even more of a slimy globalist heeb without a shred of empathy.

i had the same sentiments eating breakfast when news showed footage of england's new sewage solutions

The problem with leftism is that if you debate them, sooner or later the fact that you don't want your homeland overrun and your people wiped out will come up.

The leftist, unable to deny that his politics involve forcing you to let niggers and chinks into your country, will call you a racist and the discussion will end. If it's an area moderated by leftists you will also be banned.

There are no leftist intellectuals. Leftism collapses when forced to address the fact that normal people don't like diversity and that there's nothing wrong with homogeneous nations. It's a sham ideology.

Which is why leftism is enforced rather than achieved.
In the 60s it was enforced under the premise of egalitarianism - "We're all equal and you are a bad person if you do not want your kid to study with a bunch of niggers!"
In the 70s it was enforced under the premise of accusation - "Implying that the U.S. Govt is full of commies is just a conspiracy theory! You do not want to be conspiratard, do you?"
In the 80s it was enforced under the anti-racism premise - "Let's show the world that we are accepting of everyone, unlike these evil Rhodesians and South Africans! Black power!"
In the 90s it was enforced under the premise of free trade and globalism - "Having no borders is, like, so cool, man! Commies are gone and there's nothing to fear anymore. Pass the joint".
Now it is being enforced at gunpoint. I think it's about time the guns started pointing from our side as well.

Also,
Is just a very polite way to say "kikes".

Can't really debate kikes either tbh, they refuse to debate in good faith even for an instant.

SHRIVELED
MATZO
SCROTE

Falsifiability is one of the greatest weapons against the jew

Really? strange

Accidental sage

You didn't sage.

I am so looking forward to a modern holocaust with cheap genetic testing. This time we'll get 'em all.

capped

that quote needs to be a banner at the top of the board at this point. i had to edit it twice today because it was needed in 3 different threads. nice job with the garrison attribution.

This time?

They must censor the comments because right now they are all glowing approvals of the article.

Last time we only tried to deport them.

PNG, learn to fucking use it

You guys are right about the left. The left needs to get its act together.

Yes, in supporting open societies, you support immigration and cultural change.

What those on the left are now reluctant to say, and what those on the right don't understand, is that this is a net good.

The US has benefited from all the people and cultures that have come here.

Europe and other ethnic states can benefit too if you give up the idea that there's a such thing as an unchanging national culture. There's no such thing. And when you try to stop cultural change, you fail and create a shitty place. This has happened time and time again most notably in the Communist world, France, Japan to a certain extent.

Change is inevitable with or without immigrants. Nostalgia is not a good basis for a nation state.

He's old. He will die soon, and the semi-redpilled will all go "yes! the evil one is dead! now let's put our guard down".

georgie boy Knows How Fucked he is. BOTH Trump & Putin Despise him. He's finally cornered and is lashing out like kikes tend to do when they face their Doom.

Socialism does work in white only countries
At least until the whites become cucked by leftist propaganda that they start letting in third world riffraff

I'm dying of cancer of the pancreas. It's not painful yet. But I know it will be. My doctors have predicted that I have 4 months left. I'm 48. I trust their judgement.
Life is short. I just signed my will. I left everything to my wife.
Having this makes me value each breath that I have. Money is only metal and paper.

We all must die. It's a certainty. I shall leave the world knowing that I did my best.

Totally disingenuous.

He knows all about Holla Forums, he posted about it before. To say Trump won because Putin deployed a fake news army is deliberately misleading. He knows that it was because of Holla Forums who spread memes and some deece conspiracy theories, he's just saying it was Russia either cuz he's too embarrassed to admit what really happened or he's opting to spread more muh russia BS