Leak Shows US Army and NSA Compromised Tor, I2P, VPNs and Wants to Track Monero

deepdotweb[.]com/2018/01/31/leak-shows-us-army-nsa-compromised-tor-i2p-vpns-wants-track-monero/

A photograph showing an alleged leaked Army document revealing a joint project to track anonymous cryptocurrencies seems to have come from a somewhat unlikely place. The photograph reveals some interesting things, one of which is the revelation that the National Security Agency (NSA) is conducting a joint project with the US Army’s Cyber Protection Team (CPT) from the Cyber Protection Brigade located in Fort Gordon, Georgia. The image, originally posted on 4chan’s /biz section which is their Business and Finance forum, is dated August 21st, 2017 and states:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7ucyzm/leak_shows_us_army_and_nsa_compromised_tor_i2p/dtjsrqu/
youtube.com/watch?v=EkpIddQ8m2s&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Either an elaborate ruse or this guy just got fucked.

is anyone surprised?

Probably they've invented cryptocurrencies, so of course they can track them. This mysterious Satoshi, saviour of mankind story - who can believe it? And it's reported all over the media - exactly what would be expected if they WANTED us to use cryptocurrencies.

It's probably fake.

reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7ucyzm/leak_shows_us_army_and_nsa_compromised_tor_i2p/dtjsrqu/

Go back there CIAnigger.

unlike reddit actual discussion about technology

"muh reddit" isn't an argument.

If you can counter the assertions the guy made, feel free to do so anytime.

for people who don't know

Looks fake. If real the id is from someone the guy wanted to get into real trouble.

That's not how it works. Buttcoin for example can be tracked because all transactions are public.

wat?

How dare you link to another site talking about the same subject!

That isn't an accurate translation, at all.

名嘉元 佐歳

If true, it explains why ((Gregory Maxwell)) recently joined Monero as CTO.

brb deleting TOR and I2P and emptying out all my wallets because some guy wanted to fuck with cryptotards

Don't know whether this makes it more believable because it's the government, or less...

It's idiotic and would only pass as a joke, definitely a government document.

we already knew this, please don't take this as FUD
disable javascriptCSS is bad too

wtf is that about VPN and nodes? Are they just they own all VPNs?

Yeah the attack surface is really secure guys, this image is legit I mean look at the ID in the corner!

I use at least six

That's how you know it's fake.

4chan blocks TOR/VPN etc so no spook insider is going to post something classified on 4chan when all it will take is the NSA sending a court order to Hiroyuki and getting the IP of the poster.

Except for that one time when a whistleblower did post on 4chan and everyone dismissed it as fuck and gay.

t. newfag

back to 4chan faggot

stop.jpg

I'd like to pose a new question. If this were real...

What does this change for anyone on this board? Aside from changing the wording on a few memes?

In 2 weeks you'll all have a new juicy BS story to invade and label everyone in the convo as a "kike, nigger, cia clown, faggot"

Just go back to bed. None of you have ever proven you're worth being let out of the cage.

Why could you possibly need that many? I use three, but even that feels a bit excessive.

qutebrowser and Firefox for most things, depending on tradeoffs between extension-supported autism and qute-supported autism, Dillo for things that I don't want to execute javascript or put things in my cache or do much of anything really, sometimes surf when I'm in command line hell, w3m for some automation because I'm too lazy for proper programmatic cookie management, more Electron-based applications than I'm willing to admit, sometimes eww.

Don't just spookpost and delete it, you're triggering my paranoid schizophrenia.

What the fuck mate.

Not only is all software terrible, a lot of software manages to be terrible in exciting new ways. The trick is to find the least terrible program for each task.

I believe in free software and investing development time into making the perfect software for myself.

I've contributed a few things to qutebrowser that I missed, but it remains true.

Call James Henry and ask him.

I use qutebrowser, firefox, lynx if x isn't running, and chrome for Netflix. And I thought I was bad.

With the spectre leaks and whatnot, why are you guys focused on software when your entire machine is exposed? Seems pointless.

Should I just use Windows and Internet Explorer then?

it's not necassarily exposed if you own old, blob free hardware. The more hardcore users around are into that, hence the old thinkpad threads.

but yeah if you give even the slightest shit about your privacy, you need to start from the metal up

Linus's paw paw sez that the NSA approached him and tried to get him to backdoor Linux.

youtube.com/watch?v=EkpIddQ8m2s&feature=youtu.be

This looks exactly like a workstation that I used when I was in the military.